Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar

Nba

NBA season starts tonight, anyone care? seems to be lost with all the BS around the WS, plus Hockey and Football are in full swing.

I dont follow the NBA as much as I do the other three major sports (NHL, NFL or MLB) but I do follow it, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Raps do this season with Bosh and O'Neal up front, I think if they can stay healthy this season the Raps could end up in the top 4-5 in the East.

I'm going to say Chris Paul and the New Orleans Hornets win the NBA this season over Detroit.

I'm going to try to do a better job of following the NBA this season. Pistons all the way!

Greg Oden went down again tonight with a foot injury, 1st career NBA game finally a year after he was drafted and he has to leave early.

Well Raptors have there hope opener tonight vs GS, I think they will take this game, O'Neal sounds jacked for his 1st home game as a Raptor, and other then the 1st Q the other night in Philly they looked really good.

Ukic looked good in Philly as Calderon's backup, which is good.

Raptors could really so some damage in the East this season if everyone can stay healthy.
    Last edited by two24four; 10-31-2008 at 12:25 PM.

I love Bosh and O'Neal. Yes, very similar players but Bosh has always been known as unselfish, and he will always get his. O'Neal stays healthy, as well as Calderon.. and the Raptors are in good shape. Maybe if Moon can prove he wasn't a one year wonder, they will do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    I love Bosh and O'Neal. Yes, very similar players but Bosh has always been known as unselfish, and he will always get his. O'Neal stays healthy, as well as Calderon.. and the Raptors are in good shape. Maybe if Moon can prove he wasn't a one year wonder, they will do damage.
    I agree with everthing you said above, but let's not also forget about Jason Kapono, who had abit if an off year last season, but he came off the bench the other night and had 15 Pts 3-4 from 3 PT land.

Joey Graham looks like he's ready to have a better season as well.

Bargnani still looks like a bust.

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    For those who might be interested, my good friend is a member of EOS and you'll hear their "Raptor's Anthem" on RaptorsTV and Sportsnet at 7pm tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I agree with everthing you said above, but let's not also forget about Jason Kapono, who had abit if an off year last season, but he came off the bench the other night and had 15 Pts 3-4 from 3 PT land.

Joey Graham looks like he's ready to have a better season as well.

Bargnani still looks like a bust.
    Not at all - Bargs has looked solid so far in the pre-season and in the season opener. He may not score many point for the first month or so as they are getting him to focus on driving the net and paying smart bball, but once they let him start taking jumpers again, he could bust out. (well, bust out may be a bit optimistic...he may become pretty solid)

I've loved Joey Graham since his Ok. State days.. kid will give you good hustle. Good point 24

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Not at all - Bargs has looked solid so far in the pre-season and in the season opener. He may not score many point for the first month or so as they are getting him to focus on driving the net and paying smart bball, but once they let him start taking jumpers again, he could bust out. (well, bust out may be a bit optimistic...he may become pretty solid)
    I hope so, because we have not seen much yet out of him, he played 20 Mins the other night, and does not have much to show for it, other then 5 REB.

Close game tonight, but we'll take the win, 2-0 to start the season.

Well what do you know, I must have pissed Bargnani off today, haha, he went out and got 19 Pts 5 REB's tonight, good for him if he really is turning the corner, I hope so cause he has not looked like a 1st overall pick, we've been waiting for the Bargnani who showed up tonight for sometime now, he looked great tonight, hope he can keep that up.

Another good game by Bosh as well, O'Neal did not do much, just 5 Pts 6 REB's, just show's the depth this team has though.

Play the Bucks tomorrow night.
    Last edited by two24four; 11-01-2008 at 12:51 AM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Didn't even see this thread. Was down at the home opener last night, great game, great atmosphere, great win! Bargs looks great, he has really bulked up and its going to help his post game. Lets Go Raps! 82-0!

Ploughing since 1985 All-Star Farmerbob42's Avatar
    i really only follow the raptors and phoenix suns. im playing fantasy football this year so no nba teams, but eih, goo raptors! so far so good nayway

Anyone see the Pacers/Celts came and Granger get his 2 front teeth knocked out?

Raptors 3-0.

Let's chat Raps in the Raptors thread.....makes more sense than posting in the NBA thread.

A.I. traded to Pistons?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3679931
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Cant say I saw this one coming.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    A.I. traded to Pistons?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3679931
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Cant say I saw this one coming.
    Wow, who'd play the point in DET? Is Stuckey ready? AI can play PG, but then who runs the court?

Trading a lot of depth for AI...

This was the rumor in the offseason as well.. I guess they decided to pull the trigger. Interesting deal.. pretty much giving Stuckey one more year until becoming the full time point guard there. They will run alot of 3 guards still.

Also it is to be noted.. McDyess's contract will be bought out and probably won't play a second in a Nugs uni.

double
    Last edited by moans; 11-03-2008 at 02:01 PM.

triple, wow that was whack it posted three times

From a fantasy standpoint I say this increases Billups value immensely. Going from the defense oriented Pistons to opposite in the Nuggets

I agree completely Billups will fill the basket up more, and will give Melo a better second scoring option (AI isn't the same AI).

I actually think this helps the Nugs alot more.. and had they kept Camby they might be looking alot better. I think Karl and Billups will mesh well and he will finally have his true PG there. (besides Andre Miller)

Guess we will see how this trade looks for DET 1st hand Wednesday night when the Raps play DET.

Senior Member All-Star
    Billups can push the tempo a lot better than Andre Miller could, which was the main reason they wanted to get rid of him. I think he's a good fit here. Iverson has always been my favorite player so I'd be sad to see him go (I do love Billups too, he's a hometown guy), but it wasn't working out with him here so maybe this will help. Billups is still a good scorer too, and is a good outside shooter, so he might complement Melo better than AI did

Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    Billups can push the tempo a lot better than Andre Miller could, which was the main reason they wanted to get rid of him. I think he's a good fit here. Iverson has always been my favorite player so I'd be sad to see him go (I do love Billups too, he's a hometown guy), but it wasn't working out with him here so maybe this will help. Billups is still a good scorer too, and is a good outside shooter, so he might complement Melo better than AI did
    You really believe Billups can push the ball better than Miller could?

Big game tonight in the NBA, Boston at Houston, I'm going to say Houston takes this one tonight.

I must say it's nice seeing Shaq playing some nice ball again, he's looking great so far this season, hope he can stay healthy for the season, one of my all-time favs NBA players.

Ploughing since 1985 All-Star Farmerbob42's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    You really believe Billups can push the ball better than Miller could?
    really? ive always thought billups as pretty good and better than miller.

Thread Information