Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    I don't know. I mean, hes developed a lot of great talent and his players have had a lot of success at the NHL level. Maybe in an assistant coach role he'd be better suited, that way he can work with the young guys but not have to coach an entire team.
    I doubt they try to bring up a Jr coach. They could just try to promote their coach in Syracuse, though. Coaching Jr hockey is a little too different from the NHL level because your main job there is to foster development in all the players. At the NHL level you need to worry about winning games more and leave the development of the younger players to assistants, I would think.
    Last edited by Hamsterkill; 01-07-2010 at 02:44 PM.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I don't know. I mean, hes developed a lot of great talent and his players have had a lot of success at the NHL level. Maybe in an assistant coach role he'd be better suited, that way he can work with the young guys but not have to coach an entire team.
    He's a better GM then coach IMO, I find his teams over the years to be very, very boring to watch. The team he had last year was going to be really good no matter who coached it.

Wondering what the thoughts are on Brassard....is he having the typical sophomore slump? Is he still the future #1 center of this team? What's going on with him?
    “They don’t hang Conference Championship banners from the rafters here” - Carey Price

10 team contract keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG HITS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

C - Galchenyuk, Krejci, McDavid, Bjugstad, Lindberg
    LW - Parise, Hall, Landeskog, E Kane
    RW -
    Giroux, MacKinnon, Okposo, Semin, Nyquist
    D - Leddy, Maatta, Stralman, Myers, Jones, Hamonic
    G - Rinne, Quick, Dubnyk
    IR - Bogosian

Farm:
    F - Girgensens, Matteau, Boucher, Mantha, C Brown, delaRose, Scherbak, Hayes, Barkov
    D - Beaulieu, Provorov, C. Miller
    G - Hellberg, M.McDonald, Samsonov

Lethal Slapshot First Liner bretthullfan's Avatar
    It's more about Bitchcock not trusting him... he has all the talent in the world... but Ken's a horrible coach.. I never liked him... and he can't even get his team to play proper shut-down hockey for the life of him

Senior Member All-Star Chilly_Willy's Avatar
    I am starting to think Hitchcock's days in Columbus are numbered. I think the players that are slumping and or getting disinfranchised with Hitch are more important to the team than his coaching. I used to think he was great for the team but that team is a disaster this year. Perhaps players like Fedorov, Peca, Foote were providing more to the team then he was.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar

Winter is coming. All-Star szuturon's Avatar
    Think Filatov will come back now?

HI12 Keeper League - Year 1 - Keep 12 + Farm 7
    12 teams H2H -
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SOG, GWG : W, GAA, SV%, SHO

*Drafted* *Keepers* *Trade* *FA* *IR*

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one.” - Jojen Reed (A Song of Ice and Fire: A Dance With Dragons)

"There has never been a slave who did not choose to be a slave... Their choice may be between bondage and death, but the choice is always there." - Tyrion Lannister (A Song of Ice and Fire: A Dance With Dragons)

It's about fucking time. They have WAY too many young players for Hitch. Maybe Mason will start to actually play some puck now. That sv% looks very socceresque.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    I can't see Filatov coming back this year. Hopefully next.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by szuturon View Post
    Think Filatov will come back now?
    Next year, he has to be happy now.

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    Yes, im very happy now. Go Filatov! Should be nice when he does play without Hitch on the bench

Yay, hopefully Filatov comes back next season

3-0 under Claude Noel. Mason has regained last season's form, blanking the Sabres and Sharks in the last two games. Brassard and Voracek are completely different players, drawing plenty of ice time, even in crucial situations, where Hitch would NEVER have trusted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    3-0 under Claude Noel. Mason has regained last season's form, blanking the Sabres and Sharks in the last two games. Brassard and Voracek are completely different players, drawing plenty of ice time, even in crucial situations, where Hitch would NEVER have trusted them.
    What a surprise, you play your skilled players in skilled roles and they actually produce. An improved Mason makes all the difference for the Jackers.

I am so glad Hitchcock is gone. IMO he was taking the team in the wrong direction. It was nice to see the success last season but this season was killer and the whole Filotov situation was rediculous. I hope the new guy can get these Russians going and take this young team to the next level. Last year the last period of the last playoff game this team look awesome, like they finally got playoff hockey, then that fricking ref with the most B.S. too many men on the ice call in history. Anyway here is to looking forward. Go Jackets!
    Last edited by Chilly_Willy; 02-11-2010 at 11:28 AM.

Damn, Columbus, 5 shots through two periods? Really??
    Curse of the Hamster

Mr. Buckeye Second Liner redwingbill's Avatar
    The team is a train wreck. Defense blows, Scorers under performing, Mase letting in some easy goals! Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And an 11 save shutout for Quick. I'd be really disappointed if an opponent had him this week.
    Curse of the Hamster

Jackets to name Scott Arniel as head coach. Looks like Boucher wants to wait it out in Hamilton and get Martin's job in a few years.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=323897
    “They don’t hang Conference Championship banners from the rafters here” - Carey Price

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

RW -
    G - Rinne, Quick, Dubnyk
    IR - Bogosian

Farm:
    F - Girgensens, Matteau, Boucher, Mantha, C Brown, delaRose, Scherbak, Hayes, Barkov

CBJ unveil their 10th year logo, which will be a patch on the uniform:

I like it!

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Makes an awesome avatar
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dubz View Post
    makes an awesome avatar
    indeed!

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Looks clean, not bad at all.

Anyone know anything about Arniel? Thoughts on his coaching style, chances of success in CBus?

Blue Jackets Claim Moreau
    The Blue Jackets have claimed veteran left winger Ethan Moreau on waivers from the Edmonton Oilers, The Dispatch has learned.

Moreau, 34, was put on waivers by the Oilers on Tuesday with the intention of buying out the remaining one year and $1.75 million on his contract. The Blue Jackets wanted to claim Moreau rather than let him become a free agent on Thursday, sources said, where he'd be seeking a two- or three-year contract.

He is seen as a perfect compliment on the Blue Jackets' third line with center Sammy Pahlsson. The Blue Jackets can certainly use his size, intensity and veteran presence in the dressing room.
    The addition of Moreau means the Blue Jackets are now unlikely to pursue a fourth-line center in free agency, although they could wait until later in the summer to see if such a player stays on the market longer than expected.

This means the Blue Jackets will play Andrew Murray, Mike Blunden or Derek MacKenzie on the fourth line this season.

Senior Member All-Star canuckthug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Anyone know anything about Arniel? Thoughts on his coaching style, chances of success in CBus?
    He handles the media well. He knows hockey and hes pretty young. I also think hes a "players coach" and he was never a problem here. The Manitoba Moose made the playoffs every year he coached. One year they went to the finals and lost to the Hersey Bears. He won coach of the year that season i belieive. I think he is a good coach and he should have a smooth transition into the big league because he has assistant coach experience with the Sabres and played some seasons in the NHL. Like I said, hes well spoken and knows what hes doing. He was hired for a reason but winning consistently in the NHL is a greater challenge then coaching in the AHL. The Manitoba Moose had solid goaltending and good goaltending can make coaches look good. If memory serves me well, Mason overachieved as a rookie or underachieved as a sophmore. It remains to be seen and however the dust settles in Columbus, the Blue Jackets did not get good goaltending last season. If that trend continues, it wont matter what Arniel brings to the table.

If the Blue Jackets do hire Scott Arniel, hockey fans in Columbus are likely to see an offensively capable, defensively responsible team: In Arniel’s first three seasons with the Moose, they did not finish lower than third overall in goals against, and were in the top half in goals scored.

Mr. Buckeye Second Liner redwingbill's Avatar
    Aportzline
    No expected moves by the #CBJ this weekend. Have a great holiday folks. Happy 4th and thanks for the follow.

The Blue Jackets will complete their coaching staff today with a surprising hire.
    Bob Boughner, a former NHL defenseman who has achieved great success coaching in the Canadian junior ranks, will be named an assistant to Scott Arniel, The Dispatch has learned.

Boughner has coached the Windsor Spitfires to two straight Memorial Cups — the Stanley Cup of junior hockey — and is a majority owner in that franchise.
    With such a lucrative, successful situation — and in his hometown, no less — many thought Boughner would be reluctant to leave the Spitfires except for a head-coaching position with one of the NHL’s glamour franchises.

Neither Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson nor Boughner responded to messages left by The Dispatch, and Windsor general manager Warren Rychel would not comment.
    But multiple NHL sources said that Boughner’s hiring would be made official by the Blue Jackets today.

He’ll join a staff that includes Brad Berry and Dan Hinote. Each had solid NHL careers.
    Boughner played in 630 NHL games with six clubs, totaling 15 goals, 57 assists and 1,382 penalty minutes. He had 106 fighting majors.

Former NHL players Randy Cunneyworth and Mike Ramsey were among the candidates who interviewed for the opening.

I like these moves by the Jackets. They were widely criticized as not grooming their young guys properly, now with Arniel & Boughner the young guys should thrive. Good news for owners of Nash, Brassard, Voracek, Mason, and hopefully Filatov.

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

RW -
    G - Rinne, Quick, Dubnyk
    IR - Bogosian

Farm:

Yes I am really dissapointed in what Hitch and crew did with that team. On paper Columbus should be much better than they managed last season.

Thread Information