Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Columbus Blue Jackets

delete
    Last edited by fuji9991; 10-15-2008 at 01:21 PM.

14 Team H2H | G,A,+/-,PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG | W, SV, SV%, GGA, SO | 2C 2R 2L 1Util 3D 2G (3 min starts)
    C = Gomez, Sakic, Bergeron, Fedorov | LW = Heatley, Smyth, Bertuzzi,Stillman | RW = Selanne, Cheechoo, HavSplat
    D = Timonen,
    Rozsival | Goalies = Brodeur, Toskala, | IR = Gonchar, Leclaire

Senior Member Second Liner aw3s0me's Avatar
    its only 3 games ... he'll pick it up.
    12 TEAM H2H LEAGUE 2008/09 and 2010/11 CHAMPION!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fuji9991 View Post
    Are there any Columbus insiders here? What's going on?

Year Team GP GS MIN W L T OTL EGA GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
    2008-09 CLS 3 3 170 1 2 0 0 0 12 4.23 8573. 859 0

Just like the 9 SHO he got last year.....F L U K E!
    Team #1

I did not expect him to top last season, but I did not expect this. I certainly hope this is only temporary.

loosing Fedorov, foote, and and now pecca being suspended might be too much defense loss for this team to bear. I am certainly very worried about this season even though it's only been three games. at this rate he's going to be Columbus's backup

14 Team H2H | G,A,+/-,PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG | W, SV, SV%, GGA, SO | 2C 2R 2L 1Util 3D 2G (3 min starts)
    C = Gomez, Sakic, Bergeron, Fedorov | LW = Heatley, Smyth, Bertuzzi,Stillman | RW = Selanne, Cheechoo, HavSplat
    D = Timonen,

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Blue Jackets did lose Foote at the deadline...
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    Blue Jackets did lose Foote at the deadline...
    yeah but hithcock is a defence first coach

who changed the thread title this is a totally different thread now might as well delete it
    Last edited by fuji9991; 10-15-2008 at 12:43 PM.

D = Timonen,

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    You should start a thread about Crosby only having 2 assists through 4 games next!

Quote Originally Posted by boredguy View Post
    You should start a thread about Crosby only having 2 assists through 4 games next!
    or you could take a long walk off... just kidding i know what you mean

D = Timonen,

He'll be fine. He looked awesome vs. Vancouver Tuesday night.

Coach Ken Hitchcock surprised everyone at practice on Tuesday as he moved Rick Nash to centre. The line of Nash, R.J. Umberger and Manny Malhotra was not performing well, so Hitchcock moved Nash between Jason Chimera and Kristian Huselius and put Umberger between Jakub Voracek and Derick Brassard. - Columbus Dispatch

WHY don't they give Brassard a shot at centering the top line?? I realize him and Voracek have showed great chemistry thus far, but why not give him a shot with Nash and Huselius?? They need someone to step up in the middle since Umberger just isn't getting it done.

Brass is their future #1C, Tied with Voracek for tops in rookie scoring.... I think he deserves a shot.

Any chance of this happening??

Thoughts?

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Is Huselius playing RW? I'd appreciate the dual elig.

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Is Huselius playing RW? I'd appreciate the dual elig.
    Yes he is... Yahoo, or whoever determines pos. elig. this year is very slow. I hope he gets dual winger soon as well.

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by $T$ View Post
    WHY don't they give Brassard a shot at centering the top line??
    Agreed... he's easily been their best C, and has just over a 50% FW percentage... not bad for a rookie!

holy shit....just thought of this....if Nash ends up doing well at center next year we could see a Filatov-Nash-Voracek line
    “They don’t hang Conference Championship banners from the rafters here” - Carey Price

10 team contract keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG HITS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

C - Galchenyuk, Krejci, McDavid, Bjugstad, Lindberg
    LW - Parise, Hall, Landeskog, E Kane
    RW -
    Giroux, MacKinnon, Okposo, Semin, Nyquist
    D - Leddy, Maatta, Stralman, Myers, Jones, Hamonic
    G - Rinne, Quick, Dubnyk
    IR - Bogosian

Farm:
    F - Girgensens, Matteau, Boucher, Mantha, C Brown, delaRose, Scherbak, Hayes, Barkov
    D - Beaulieu, Provorov, C. Miller
    G - Hellberg, M.McDonald, Samsonov

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...U.html?sid=101

Jackets notebook: Nash's position to be decided today
    Hitchcock won't commit to moving captain to center
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:27 AM

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
    DENVER -- Blue Jackets coach Ken Hitchcock wants to sleep one more night on the idea of playing captain Rick Nash at center.
    What is becoming clear, however, is Hitchcock's motivation.
    He wants Nash, a franchise winger, to skate harder and be more involved at both ends of the ice beginning tonight, when the Blue Jackets play at the Colorado Avalanche.
    Nash leads the Blue Jackets with five goals, but he has appeared lethargic at times in recent games, going scoreless in three straight. During that stretch, his line has surrendered more scoring chances than it has generated.
    So a switch was made in practice Tuesday, the morning after a 3-2 loss to the Anaheim Ducks. Nash assumed the pivot between left winger Jason Chimera and right winger Kristian Huselius. He did so yesterday in practice, too.
    "I want to think about this for another night," Hitchcock said. "(Chimera, Nash and Huselius) have looked very good in practice together. There is speed, strength and skill on that line."
    Using him at center would force Nash to assume more down-low defensive responsibility and increase the chances of him skating with the puck through the neutral zone. Hitchcock hinted that third- or fourth-liner Jiri Novotny could play between Nash and Huselius, too.
    Nash said the conversion to center could be a temporary move. He acknowledged that he has been guilty, at times, of standing around and waiting for the puck, instead of getting himself involved in the play.
    Rookie stays put

Hitchcock said he won't elevate rookie center Derick Brassard to the top line between Nash and Huselius.
    Brassard and rookie linemate Jake Voracek were tied for second in the NHL in rookie scoring with seven points entering last night's games. Hitchcock does not want to expose Brassard to the toughest defensive matchups that accompany playing on a line with Nash.
    "They (Brassard and Voracek) feel good about themselves, they feel good about their success," he said. "When you play them with Nash, all of a sudden you get top players checking them every night. When you have young players who are offensive players, they have to have success offensively.
    "One of things that happens is when you put a young player against a top line, they never have the puck. They are always chasing the puck. We don't want them chasing the puck. We want them playing with the puck."

Senior Member Third Liner

Voracek 3rd line

Looks like Voracek might have been moved down to the 3rd line tonight. He only had 12:07 mins of ice time. Think this is something temporary or going to continue?
    Last edited by Dvddeen; 10-31-2008 at 12:40 AM.
    12 Team H2H
    Keep 5 (1 Goalie Max)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: S. Crosby, J. Spezza, T. Toffoli (RW)
    LW: J. Gaudreau, A. Panarin, O. Palat, T. Tatar
    RW: Tarasenko, Jagr, Nylander (C)
    D: D. Hamilton, N. Leddy, A. Goligoski, C. Fowler
    G: B. Holtby, T. Greiss, J. Reimer

pleasesellthebruins.com Third Liner tgalv's Avatar
    since when did he play a lot?

Yeah... you have to remember this is Ken Hitchcock here. He isn't about awarding more icetime even when you lead the team in scoring, like Brassard and Voracek are... they're young and must only be played 10-12 mins a night....

god i hate you hitchcock. and trotz.

I have way too many teams this year...

Senior Member First Liner ABC.com's Avatar
    for the past 3-4 games . . . the only line that has been clicking in columbus is the voracek and brassard line . . . and they still don't get the point
    12 Team H2H Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO (C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, UTIL, UTIL) 4 Goalie Starts a Week 3 Bench spots

C - Sedin, Ennis, McDonald, Ott
    W - Sedin, Ovechkin, Havlat, Doan, Cammalleri, Stewart, Pominville
    D - Keith, Kronwall, Wisniewski
    G - Fleury, Crawford, Rask, Anderson

Senior Member All-Star StrongArmSu's Avatar
    Voracek has been playing 10-13 mins a game on avg..this is nothing to be worried about
    Team 1 : 10 Team Roto Auction Keeper - Year 5 - 15 Max Moves - 7 Keepers - 2011/2012 Champs

Banned All-Star
    Voracek was fairly quiet last night, but Brassard was great! Every player will have a slow game, Jacob will pick it back up, no worries.

oh my nash
    Team #1

These mix and match super threads being made are getting confusing...

I have way too many teams this year...

What the fuck happened to the Blue Jackets? What is the national perspective? I am only getting the local point of view. Hitchcock is on the hot seat from the fans and media, but a vote of confidence from management. They are essentially the same team that made the palyoffs last season. Obvious reasons: Mason's sophomore slump, Commodore's shitty season. I think letting Filatov go back to Russia was a huuuuge mistake, fully blaming Hitchcock's inflexibility and handling of young players. A perfect example is Brassard and Voracek not performing up to potential. Very interested in outside thoughts.

Senior Member All-Star Rocklobster's Avatar
    hitchock needs to be fired. there is too much talent on that team, to be playing so crappy

Senior Member Third Liner
    Hitchcock has to go. If Columbus had drafted Kane, Toews or Tavares, they would all be playing 8 minutes a game on the 3rd line....he can't coach young talent... or has no respect for them.
    TEAM 1 - Pts only 12 Team League
    Roster Positions = 8 F, 4 D, 2 BN, 1 IR, 1 G
    Stats = G (1.5), A (1), Wins (1.5) SO (3.0)

F = Ovechkin,
    Pavelski, Franzen, Lecavalier, Carter, Zajac, Brassard, Connolly, Horcoff, A. Kostitsyn
    IR = Gagne
    D= Lidstrom, Martin, PK Subban, E. Karlsson
    G=
    Halak

Letting Filatov go was a big mistake. He should've been getting big time minutes, playing with or just behind Nash. The kid has huge talent, and could have probably scored 25-30 goals this year had he been given the chance.

I think Hitchcock's inexperience handling the young guys can be a partial explanation for Mason's slump. I feel like Columbus should really try to grab a junior coach with a good resume. I don't think he'd go for it, but Stan Butler would be a great fit IMO in Columbus.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Letting Filatov go was a big mistake. He should've been getting big time minutes, playing with or just behind Nash. The kid has huge talent, and could have probably scored 25-30 goals this year had he been given the chance.

I think Hitchcock's inexperience handling the young guys can be a partial explanation for Mason's slump. I feel like Columbus should really try to grab a junior coach with a good resume. I don't think he'd go for it, but Stan Butler would be a great fit IMO in Columbus.
    Stan Butler is a good OHL coach, but not great IMO, I dont think he would be a good NHL coach.

I think Hitch will be gone soon, and they will bring in Mac T or someone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Stan Butler is a good OHL coach, but not great IMO, I dont think he would be a good NHL coach.

I think Hitch will be gone soon, and they will bring in Mac T or someone like that.
    I don't know. I mean, hes developed a lot of great talent and his players have had a lot of success at the NHL level. Maybe in an assistant coach role he'd be better suited, that way he can work with the young guys but not have to coach an entire team.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Yeah I think the situation is looking somewhat similar to what Pittsburgh under Therrien was doing. Hitch may have lost the players' faith and is punishing them to try and bring them back under his thumb. I sense a coaching change sooner or later.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Thread Information