Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 2391
  1. #61
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,935
    Robinho with the hat-trick yesterday. Second in the league with 6 goals. I love the signing for Man City.

  2. #62
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by gagne21 View Post
    Robinho with the hat-trick yesterday. Second in the league with 6 goals. I love the signing for Man City.
    As Fergie said.. the only team with a chance of crackin' the top 4 this season is Aston Villa. Young, well coached, skillful and seem to have a nice home record going.

    Man City slipping to Bolton is rouuuugh!



  3. #63
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,724
    Big game tonight.

    Germany vs. England

    Granted it's only a friendly and both sides are missing some players but still no one wants to lose that game. The last match @Wembley was won by our "B"-squad 2-1 so England is up for revenge.
    The good thing for England ist if there's a draw at the end of the match there won't be a penalty shootout.


  4. #64
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,521
    The game will be live on Gol TV.


  5. #65
    Administrator Second Liner MTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    in a library
    Age
    40
    Posts
    948
    Albert Pujols joined the ownership group to bring a MLS team to St. Louis. I really hope we get one of the teams they are adding. We have been so close and it makes sense to have a team here.


    "Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

    HOTTY TODDY! Go Rebels! Eli was screwed!

    EMAIL: mtr@rajahwwf.com
    AIM: MTR08

  6. #66
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,521
    Looks like they are copying the Vancouver model with Steve Nash. Smart PR move, imo.


  7. #67
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,521
    Toronto FC pulled of a miracle on Friday and stole Dwayne De Rosario from Houston.

    I'm very happy. Can't wait to watch him in action next season.

    In honour of his move here is one of the sweetest free kick goals you will ever see:

    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ML7Kh_Na3Tg


  8. #68
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Toronto FC pulled of a miracle on Friday and stole Dwayne De Rosario from Houston.

    I'm very happy. Can't wait to watch him in action next season.

    In honour of his move here is one of the sweetest free kick goals you will ever see:

    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ML7Kh_Na3Tg
    Yeah, we didn't even have to give much up either!

  9. #69
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786

  10. #70
    Administrator Second Liner MTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    in a library
    Age
    40
    Posts
    948
    Excellent move for Toronto. Kept wondering when he was going to make his way up there.


    "Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

    HOTTY TODDY! Go Rebels! Eli was screwed!

    EMAIL: mtr@rajahwwf.com
    AIM: MTR08

  11. #71
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,521
    Steve Yzerman was watching Liverpool v Chelsea, with George Gillett.



  12. #72
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Thank god we sold Keane back to Tottenham.



  13. #73
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,127
    Given to City. Sweeeet.

  14. #74
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Given to City. Sweeeet.
    Need all you can get. Maybe Shay can help you guys stay out of relegation. City is an absolute joke.



  15. #75
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    USA/Mexico on Wednesday. Lets do it boys.


    Also, nice to see Chelsea on their 4th manager in under 2 years. Rumor has Hiddink(Russia's coach) linked next.



  16. #76
    Administrator Second Liner MTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    in a library
    Age
    40
    Posts
    948
    Mexico is bound to be out for blood. I think their last win in this series was at home during the last round of World Cup qualifying. Should be a great game.


    "Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

    HOTTY TODDY! Go Rebels! Eli was screwed!

    EMAIL: mtr@rajahwwf.com
    AIM: MTR08

  17. #77
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,935
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Need all you can get. Maybe Shay can help you guys stay out of relegation. City is an absolute joke.
    how is City a joke? You sound like a fuckin' idiot. I see you support Liverpool, Rafa Benitez is a fucking joke.

    Phaneuf isn't even a City fan, he's Irish and like Shay.

    City is 9th in the league and with a win at Pompey this week we'll move into a tie for 7th. I love how everybody thinks that since City is now the richest club in the world we're supposed to be challenge for the top 4 immediately. Give Sparky this summer to bring in a world class striker and another defender and next year we'll be challenging the big 4.

    There is absolutely no chance that City will be relegated this year, they were a spot out of the relegation zone like a month ago but picked up points in 5 of their last 6. City is too good of a team and there are way too many teams in between them and the relegation zone for them to finish anywhere near the bottom.

    I also assume that you think City is a joke because of the money they tried to pay to get Kaka. This pisses me off beyond no other. United, Chelsea and Liverpool have been spending the big bucks for years now, and nobody really makes a big deal about that. But all of a sudden now that City is rich everybody is in an uproar. If the club has the money who's to tell them who they can buy and how much they can spend.

  18. #78
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by gagne21 View Post
    how is City a joke? You sound like a fuckin' idiot. I see you support Liverpool, Rafa Benitez is a fucking joke.

    Phaneuf isn't even a City fan, he's Irish and like Shay.

    City is 9th in the league and with a win at Pompey this week we'll move into a tie for 7th. I love how everybody thinks that since City is now the richest club in the world we're supposed to be challenge for the top 4 immediately. Give Sparky this summer to bring in a world class striker and another defender and next year we'll be challenging the big 4.

    There is absolutely no chance that City will be relegated this year, they were a spot out of the relegation zone like a month ago but picked up points in 5 of their last 6. City is too good of a team and there are way too many teams in between them and the relegation zone for them to finish anywhere near the bottom.

    I also assume that you think City is a joke because of the money they tried to pay to get Kaka. This pisses me off beyond no other. United, Chelsea and Liverpool have been spending the big bucks for years now, and nobody really makes a big deal about that. But all of a sudden now that City is rich everybody is in an uproar. If the club has the money who's to tell them who they can buy and how much they can spend.
    It was sarcastic about the relegation but if you want to go there we will. You'll never challenge for the top four, youre youth club is bottoms of the EPL. Aston Villa is a very good example of how you build from youth ranks, same with Everton and Fulham.

    And you are wrong, Liverpool, United both make normal transfer bids. They don't run bids out of control on people like Kaka and Robinho. The Abu Diaby firm is over spending and blowing up the EPL transfers. It's fine because Hughes can't coach for a lick and if you think you need ANOTHER world class striker up top with Robinho you are not really following the terrible City.

    They need a whole new set of midfielders, including SWP. Micah Richards is about the only defender back there worth a lick, and you need to revamp that as well. Picking up Given was a nice pick up, world class goalie there, and he proved that in his first game (he was awesome).

    You're going to be laughed at with bids like you did for Kaka, get used to it. I'm not mad that they want to spend money, I don't like how they are going about the amount of money they are willing to dish.

    Yes, Rafa is an absolute joke, so you saying that isn't a blow on me. I can't stand until we move on from him, and to be honest I wish it would be ASAP and we would get JOSE back in the EPL. Not going to happen though, Rafa probably will stay on after this season. (we will finish top 3, and lets see how we handle Real in Champs).

    Either way, I was joking about relegation for City.
    Last edited by dw13; 02-10-2009 at 12:52 PM.



  19. #79
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    PS: By the way, the Craig Bellamy get was very nice. I like him, gritty and was something they needed.
    Last edited by dw13; 02-10-2009 at 12:52 PM.



  20. #80
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    PSS: How good is Torres



  21. #81
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,935
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    It was sarcastic about the relegation but if you want to go there we will. You'll never challenge for the top four, youre youth club is bottoms of the EPL. Aston Villa is a very good example of how you build from youth ranks, same with Everton and Fulham.

    And you are wrong, Liverpool, United both make normal transfer bids. They don't run bids out of control on people like Kaka and Robinho. The Abu Diaby firm is over spending and blowing up the EPL transfers. It's fine because Hughes can't coach for a lick and if you think you need ANOTHER world class striker up top with Robinho you are not really following the terrible City.

    They need a whole new set of midfielders, including SWP. Micah Richards is about the only defender back there worth a lick, and you need to revamp that as well. Picking up Given was a nice pick up, world class goalie there, and he proved that in his first game (he was awesome).

    You're going to be laughed at with bids like you did for Kaka, get used to it. I'm not mad that they want to spend money, I don't like how they are going about the amount of money they are willing to dish.

    Yes, Rafa is an absolute joke, so you saying that isn't a blow on me. I can't stand until we move on from him, and to be honest I wish it would be ASAP and we would get JOSE back in the EPL. Not going to happen though, Rafa probably will stay on after this season. (we will finish top 3, and lets see how we handle Real in Champs).

    Either way, I was joking about relegation for City.
    Have you watched a single City game all year?

    Richards has been the worst defender on the team (with Dunne following close 2nd). Kompany, Zabeletta and Bridge (so far) have been great. Micah has been seeing some of his time cut for Onuoha lately.

    Your comment about needing a whole new midfield is way off too. Steve Ireland has been our best player this year and probably one of the better midfielders in the EPL so far this year. SWP has been good this year and De Jong is a good signing to play CDM. I won't deny that we could use a center midfielder but to say we need a whole new midfield is absurd.

    Your comment about us not needing a world class striker is idiotic. Robinho shouldn't be playing striker (and hasn't been now that we've got Bellamy). He's been playing more of a LF/LW sort of thing lately. While I like Bellamy I still think we need somone like David Villa (Valencia is short on money).

    I think I've already been through this with you but how was City's purchase of Robino for 32 million out of control? United bought Berbatov for 30 mill and he's been shit compared to Robinho. Chelsea bough Sheva some years back for around 30 mill too I believe - and Sheva was pretty terrible during his time at Chelsea. United bought Rio Ferdinand from Leeds for 29 mill back in 2002 - that's an insane amount of money to spend 7 years ago. I'll throw in a couple more, United bought Veron for 28 mill from Lazio in 2001 and Rooney from Everton in 2004, how is that not absurd? I'd say that Robinho was a better purchase than both of them.

  22. #82
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by gagne21 View Post
    Have you watched a single City game all year?

    Richards has been the worst defender on the team (with Dunne following close 2nd). Kompany, Zabeletta and Bridge (so far) have been great. Micah has been seeing some of his time cut for Onuoha lately.

    Your comment about needing a whole new midfield is way off too. Steve Ireland has been our best player this year and probably one of the better midfielders in the EPL so far this year. SWP has been good this year and De Jong is a good signing to play CDM. I won't deny that we could use a center midfielder but to say we need a whole new midfield is absurd.

    Your comment about us not needing a world class striker is idiotic. Robinho shouldn't be playing striker (and hasn't been now that we've got Bellamy). He's been playing more of a LF/LW sort of thing lately. While I like Bellamy I still think we need somone like David Villa (Valencia is short on money).

    I think I've already been through this with you but how was City's purchase of Robino for 32 million out of control? United bought Berbatov for 30 mill and he's been shit compared to Robinho. Chelsea bough Sheva some years back for around 30 mill too I believe - and Sheva was pretty terrible during his time at Chelsea. United bought Rio Ferdinand from Leeds for 29 mill back in 2002 - that's an insane amount of money to spend 7 years ago. I'll throw in a couple more, United bought Veron for 28 mill from Lazio in 2001 and Rooney from Everton in 2004, how is that not absurd? I'd say that Robinho was a better purchase than both of them.
    I'll start by saying I've seen alot of City this year. Also I'll add that Berbatov is playing a nice role in another league championship for United.

    That being said, I wasn't slighting City for the most part. De Jong was absolutely a good signing and hes very keen defensively and thats what you need at this point. Robinho is still a striker, not sure what formation City has moved into but he is still upfront.

    That being said, youre also not even close to crashing the top 4, and I don't think next year will be any differently. Ireland is a solid player, but he isn't youre best player. I know he has scored a handful this year but that really isn't true.

    Of course snagging someone like David Villa who is a top 5 striker in the world would make anyone better, but scoring goals isn't the problem at City. Given is going to help in net, I've never been a fan of Hart. Richards still is your most talented defender although his form hasn't been great lately, and I'll agree about Bridge. He is solid outside, runs the flanks really nicely, always thought he was a decent defender.

    De Jong might shake things up for City, I thought City should of been the team running the tables for Arshavin.

    Who knows, I'm not a fan of City, not a fan of Hughes.

    I know what its like to have a poor coach, atleast yours isn't making the Football club decisions like Rafa is for my squad.

    Did you watch Liverpool/Portsmouth? What a lineup Rafa decided to throw out.



  23. #83
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Guus Hiddink to Chelsea.



  24. #84
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Guus Hiddink to Chelsea.
    Fucking Blues....how many coaches does it take for Abramovich to realize he needs to fuck off and let a football person makes the decisions. He's gone through some great coaches!

    Dawinna, didn't know you were a Liverpool fan! (it seems you are at least)

    I wish we got more games in Canada - fucking MLSE owns the futbol channel now and I like the sport...but not enough to fork out $20-25/month to watch the games! (every month or two we get a Liverpool game....until Champion's League time....then usually every other week!)

  25. #85
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Fucking Blues....how many coaches does it take for Abramovich to realize he needs to fuck off and let a football person makes the decisions. He's gone through some great coaches!

    Dawinna, didn't know you were a Liverpool fan! (it seems you are at least)

    I wish we got more games in Canada - fucking MLSE owns the futbol channel now and I like the sport...but not enough to fork out $20-25/month to watch the games! (every month or two we get a Liverpool game....until Champion's League time....then usually every other week!)
    Big times Reds fan.



  26. #86
    Administrator Second Liner MTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    in a library
    Age
    40
    Posts
    948
    USA vs. Mexico tonight. I can't wait.


    "Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

    HOTTY TODDY! Go Rebels! Eli was screwed!

    EMAIL: mtr@rajahwwf.com
    AIM: MTR08

  27. #87
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    USA vs. Mexico tonight. I can't wait.
    I always feel like a little kid when USA plays. Gonna have all my gear on.



  28. #88
    Administrator Second Liner MTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    in a library
    Age
    40
    Posts
    948
    I love the idea of having this matchup first in the last round. Sets the tone. Mexico is bound to be out for blood tonight.


    "Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

    HOTTY TODDY! Go Rebels! Eli was screwed!

    EMAIL: mtr@rajahwwf.com
    AIM: MTR08

  29. #89
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    What happend to your German squad today Sucker?



  30. #90
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Real happy about tonights match. Heads kept cool, and played decent. Would still like to see more build up. Beasley looked to be in fine shape after his lay off, and Dempsey played great on the flank. Bradley is going to be very good, I loved him at the U-20 World Cup and he keeps growing.

    I wish Altidore could see some time over seas, we need him in form for 2010. Howard is going to be the key in the back, because Oneywu is just absolutely sketchy, I can't stand the guy. Pearce played well, and Hedjuk ran his flank to perfect like normal.

    Good win USA!



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •