Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Houston Texans

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Where did you read this because from everything I have been reading it says that though he is still eligible, that he would most likely NOT be voted in again.
    It was on twitter yesterday.

In fact I think I might be alittle wrong, I think it said that most of the voters want to re-vote for him, but might may not, or something like that, they still feel it should be him.
    Last edited by two24four; 05-11-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    It's very just though. Some people don't feel as strongly about PEDs as others especially with the confidentiality involved. I think Cushing could possibly retain his award if he would stop lying, but its probably too late now.
    What's the point of doing it then though? I think he could retain it as well, but if the NFL (whoever made the decision) wants to strip him of it, then strip him of it and revote with him not involved.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Re-vote ends tomorrow. He had hCG in his system from a September test. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...manny-ramirez/
    Failed at the beginning of last season, yet played the season and is an issue now...
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Yeah, I've also heard via-radio a bunch of voters saying they will indeed vote for him again.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Failed at the beginning of last season, yet played the season and is an issue now...
    Yeah I know, something is not right here.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I think the appeals finally exhausted. How long has the Starcaps case dragged on?

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Yeah I know, something is not right here.
    He appealed the test, or the substance... and it gets delayed that way. Stupid, but it happens often

Cushing won the re-vote, he will keep his D-ROY award.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Cushing won the re-vote, he will keep his D-ROY award.
    Congrats roider. Get your timing right next season so your tests come back clean.

Just curious, by NFL policy does Cushing still test randomly or is he tested regularly now that he has a positive test? I would be curious to see if he becomes like Shawne Merriman, an average player without steroids. Also curious how much he shrinks, he looks like he joined the WWE not USC.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...erm-contract/1

This shit pisses me off every time. Dude signs a 6-year extension 3 years ago and get a $13mm bonus....now he's unhappy with his contract and skips the workout to make sure this is known. Maybe you should have signed a shorter contract fuckhead if you don't like the one you signed 3 years ago.

Being a bitch isn't the way to get a new extension worked out...but sadly that is what seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...erm-contract/1

This shit pisses me off every time. Dude signs a 6-year extension 3 years ago and get a $13mm bonus....now he's unhappy with his contract and skips the workout to make sure this is known. Maybe you should have signed a shorter contract fuckhead if you don't like the one you signed 3 years ago.

Being a bitch isn't the way to get a new extension worked out...but sadly that is what seems to work.
    Contracts mean nothing in the NFL. They can cut you just as easily.

I know, but still.

Don't even get me started with NFL contracts. F*ck that. If a player is not happy with his contract, he shouldn't have signed it to begin with or get a better agent. I understand that NFL contracts are about a good as air freshener in a garbage dump and that teams can cut as they see fit, it still doesn't give the player the right to hold out. You wanna hold out, wait 'til your deal is up then hold out on signing with any team until you get your demand. If I was an owner, and one of my players held out...they'd sit. If they wanted to re-work their contract, by all means do what you are supposed to do, show up to camps, practices, show up to re-grout the lockerroom shower walls, I don't give a f*ck. Put the effort in. I'll be more than happy to listen if I see you doing what you are supposed to.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

JJ Watt

Alot of people are saying Houston is the front runner to land Nnamdi Asomugha, that would be huge for them, they just might win the divsion with him.

Guess they were worried about beating out the Jets and forgot about Philly. I do like Houston getting John Joseph and Dan Manning.
    Last edited by King_Killah; 07-31-2011 at 07:16 PM.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Damn. Looks like Schaub is out for the year with a "significant foot injury". Even with Mario Williams out, I liked their chances for a 1 or 2 seed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...2_a3&eref=sihp

It's Matt Leinart time.

AFC is wide open.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Wowwwwwwwwww, devestating. Schaub is possibly the best QB in the league for the Texans offense. Fit them perfectly. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Wowwwwwwwwww, devestating. Schaub is possibly the best QB in the league for the Texans offense. Fit them perfectly. Horrible.
    Lisfranc injury. Ended my soccer college career. Still gives me problems to this day.

An awful injury and I can only hope with the Doctors he's able to use, he can get over it and not have any problems later on in life. It's a bitch injury.

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I liked their chances for a 1 or 2 seed.
    Really, with Matt Leinart?? Dude lost the starting job in AZ to Derek Fucking Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post
    Really, with Matt Leinart?? Dude lost the starting job in AZ to Derek Fucking Anderson.
    He liked their chances at as 1 or 2 seed. Liked. Before Schaub got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    He liked their chances at as 1 or 2 seed. Liked. Before Schaub got hurt.
    Yeah. Liked. As in I liked their chances for a 1 or 2 seed based on their current record and schedule the rest of the way with Schaub as their QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Yeah. Liked. As in I liked their chances for a 1 or 2 seed based on their current record and schedule the rest of the way with Schaub as their QB.
    That liked word can be a bit tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    That liked word can be a bit tricky.

Junior Member Fourth Liner

Houston Texans

In the shape injury wise and the way the defense has dropped off for the Texans towards the end of the season, I dont think Houston is a good team at this point of time.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    In the shape injury wise and the way the defense has dropped off for the Texans towards the end of the season, I dont think Houston is a good team at this point of time.

I don't either, but I'll still call them a team that wouldn't surprise me if they suddenly turned really good. I think they have a lot of pieces.

Arian Foster is a top-3 RB in the NFL when healthy. JJ Watt is clearly the #1 player in the NFL by far, by a wide margin right now. He's just on another level. If Clowney, Cushing, and D.Hopkins stay healthy, that's a great run game, great deep threat, league-best pass rush, and a solid run stopping LB core (If Cushings can step it up, at least). Obviously they don't have a competent QB and that's more important than all those things but if they somehow stumble onto respectable QB play, they can do damage. I don't worry about their defense, their health luck has to be better this year.

I think they use their 1st to add another WR, because you really can't have enough cheap elite WRs. Maybe DeVante Parker or Devon White, or Cooper if by some minor miracle he slipped but that's not happening. Another elite WR gives them two cheap amazing stud WR to build a team around and make a little push for the next 3-4 years. A position that costs the Jets 20 million for 2 players not nearly as good as Hopkins+one of those rookies, and Houston will get them way cheaper for years. Not much different than how Seattle pushed on defense the last two years and got way more talent than they were actually paying for. WR are safe picks these days, the only safe skill position.
    Last edited by Kyle; 02-12-2015 at 01:06 AM.

Thread Information