Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Houston Texans

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AP

The Texans held a non-contact, conditioning workout on Sunday and running back Ahman Green participated. Green has hardly practiced since straining his groin in Houston's first preseason game on Aug. 9.
    Running back Chris Brown did not participate in the drills because of a sore back that's lingered since the start of training camp. Coach Gary Kubiak said Brown was ``day to day'' and he didn't expect either Green or Brown to play in Thursday's preseason finale against Tampa Bay.

Rookie Steve Slaton, who rushed 10 times for 44 yards in Friday's game, also skipped Sunday's workout with turf toe.
    Good for Green getting back on the practice field, but that RBBC in Houston is still in shambles. Brown - back injury. Slaton with turf toe. They need to clean house and bring in a whole new set of backs.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Chronicle
    The Houston Texans and running back Ahman Green have agreed to restructure their agreement, which will now pay Green $200,000 per week for every week that Green is on the active roster, beginning in Week 2 of the regular season. His 2009 and 2010 compensation packages have not been altered.
    They should pay him $500 for every week he is on the active roster. He's hanging on but it looks like the Texans are very concerned about his health issues...which they should be.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    The Texans placed RB Chris Brown on injured reserve today. Brown, who was signed to back up Ahman Green, has struggled with back problems throughout training camp. Houston now has Green, Chris Taylor and rookie Steve Slaton. Green has missed a good deal of training camp and preseason but should start Sunday at Pittsburgh. Taylor missed all of last season with a knee injury. Slaton, who despite a bout of turf toe should be ready by Week 1. HC Gary Kubiak said the team will likely use a committee approach until Green is completely healthy. "I think we very well could because you have to remember that Ahman hasn't played a lot," he said. "To all of a sudden go out there and start and think he is going to carry the ball 25 times this weekend, I think would be a mistake."
    The NFL is a league of opportunity. This is clearly Slaton's opportunity to shine. If he can make a case early on, he may be able to grab the spot for good.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTexans.com
    Brooke Bentley, of HoustonTexans.com, reports the Houston Texans will use OTAs, minicamps and training camp to determine the ideal complement back for starting RB Steve Slaton. The candidates currently include RBs Chris Brown, Ryan Moats, Jeremiah Johnson and Arian Foster. The team may still find another back elsewhere, too, as general manager Rick Smith said the team will continue to look to upgrade the talent through the summer.
    They need to look in better places!

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans TE Owen Daniels, who had participated in the first three weeks of organized activities, did not show up to the team's voluntary workout Tuesday, June 9, because of a contract dispute.
    Another contract dispute. But this case is different. Houston offered him a one year, $2.7 million. He has no contract right now, as far as I know, so I am OK with him skipping a voluntary practice. From what I see the team and the agent are talking and are discussing a long term deal. Daniels will be back with the team. I don't see him "holding out" until the deal is done.

Updating a previous report, John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent QB Rex Grossman (Bears) on a one-year deal worth $620,000.
    That's about $625,000 too much...

Am I the only one who gets flashbacks of David Carr in the fetal position when I think of Grossman in a Texans uni??? Haha.. Anyway, with Schaub being often injured, if Grossman can somehow beat out Orlovsky and Alex Brink he may find himself on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    Paul Kuharsky, of ESPN.com, reports Houston Texans QB Matt Schaub said he will play all 16 regular season games this season after missing five games last season because of a knee injury.
    Wow... What a guarantee. Can he uphold it?

Sounds like a jinx to me.

Senior Member All-Star housenuts's Avatar
    should be a big win today imo

NeckCAR drivers are unimpressed.

Daniels done for the season with a torn ACL.

Owen Daniels has a torn ACL and is out for the season, according to the Houston Chronicle.

An MRI Monday confirmed Daniels' fears. It's a huge blow to the Texans and fantasy owners as Daniels was on pace for 80 catches, 1,038 yards and 10 touchdowns. The Texans' are expected to start Joel Dressen in Daniels' place, but rookie James Casey has the most fantasy upside. Daniels, who was working on a one-year contract, will now need to prove his health before next season.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Come on Houston, hold onto to this lead.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Come on Houston, hold onto to this lead.
    Win me some money!

Fuck HOU, I want the Colts to keep their undefeated record alive!

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Fuck HOU, I want the Colts to keep their undefeated record alive!
    No way, that is why I want them to win.

Senior Member All-Star
    Schaub looked like a bad high school QB in the second half of that game

No way, that is why I want them to win.
    Of course you do Pats boy! (I'd love to see the Colts go unbeaten - I'd simply like to see it and it'd be great to have another team do it so soon after NE and belittle that accomplishment a bit

Vince Young and TEN will beat the Colts this week for there 6th win a row.

Kareem Jackson.

Ben Tate. RB. OK pick.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Ben Tate. RB. OK pick.
    He is a nice compliment to Slaton, I like this one.

Brian Cushing has been suspended for the 1st four games of the season for violating the NFL's steroids policy.

Huge surprise.

This situation is getting interesting. There is a re-vote by the AP of the DROTY, they left Cushing as a choice so he may still win. I am always amazed at the half asses excuses athletes have for failing drug tests. How many times does this have to happen for guys to realize that it is easier to fess up right away and move on.

It baffles me that they have left him on the list. You're revoking it from him, but at the same time you're really not.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    It baffles me that they have left him on the list. You're revoking it from him, but at the same time you're really not.
    It's very just though. Some people don't feel as strongly about PEDs as others especially with the confidentiality involved. I think Cushing could possibly retain his award if he would stop lying, but its probably too late now.

I read that they did the re-vote and he won again.

The other thing I read was that he failed the test before last season, but still played the entire season.

The other thing I read was that he failed the test before last season, but still played the entire season.
    Where did you read this because from everything I have been reading it says that though he is still eligible, that he would most likely NOT be voted in again.

Re-vote ends tomorrow. He had hCG in his system from a September test. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...manny-ramirez/

Thread Information