Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Houston Texans

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Houston Texans

Well, finally some news out of Houston!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Chronicle

"We don't want to throw the ball 30 to 35 times a game," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. "That's not our identity. We want to keep the quarterbacks healthy."
    Matt Schaub is healthy after undergoing surgery on his left shoulder and Sage Rosenfels is one of the league's best backups. The coaches and players are comfortable with either as the starter.

"Matt was better this offseason," Kubiak said. "He's got a year in this system, and you can see a difference. He's gotten stronger and more confident. There's pressure on him to stay on the field, but knowing what kind of competitor he is, he wouldn't want it any other way."
    Running the ball more will keep the QB alive longer! But all of this is pretty much standard coach talk. Its great to hear if you are an Ahman Green or Chris Brown owner, but the reality of this is there is a big difference between wanting to do something and having the ability to do something. If the defense puts the team in a hole or the run game isn't working, throw away all the wants in the world.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

They should be better, record might not show it but they should be better.

That division is too strong

Houston Texans RV Chris Brown is already being forced to the sidelines with various aches and pains. Brown was signed to help spell RB Ahman Green, but Brown came with injury issues of his own. And those issues are already starting to creep up. He has a sore back that has forced him to miss this morning's practice. Manfull speculates that it's not a good sign for a player who has only played in 17 games with four starts over the past two seasons.
    First of all I find it hilarious that the writer referred to Brown as an RV. Other than that, it looks like Ahman Green is your man if you are after a Houston RB.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

I drafted Brown in one of your leagues too. I regretted it the second I hit the send button.

Anywho, I might look at the rookie RB's on HOU as I don't see Green being able to handle the whole load himself.

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    First of all I find it hilarious that the writer referred to Brown as an RV. Other than that, it looks like Ahman Green is your man if you are after a Houston RB.
    Yeah, usually it's only females that are referred to as recreational vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTexans.com

Texans WR Andre Johnson injured his groin Saturday.
    "I just tweaked my groin a little bit," Johnson said. "That's about it. Nothing really major. I'll go in and get some treatment over the next two days and I'll be fine.

"I didn't tear anything or anything like that. It's hot out here. Sometimes those things happen. You have little tweaks and stuff like that. Other than that, I'm fine. It's no big deal. I didn't tear anything. I slowed down actually when I felt it tighten up on me. That was a good thing. Other than that, I don't think it will be a problem."
    A couple of different sites show Johnson owners panicking a little, but at this point there shouldn't be cause for major alarm. If more develops from this, we'll find out soon enough.

Houston Texans starting RB Ahman Green was injured on his first carry of the preseason. Green caught a short pass from QB Matt Schuab on the Texans first offensive play and limped off the field with a groin injury. Green did not contribute much last year after an early injury.
    Son-of-a-f*ck-bitch. I should have known better than to draft Ahman Green. Dammit. Back-up plan...

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Son-of-a-f*ck-bitch. I should have known better than to draft Ahman Green. Dammit. Back-up plan...
    You knew better....thats why you have a back up plan
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    You knew better....thats why you have a back up plan

this is also a good way for players to end up on KK's FU List. I'm pretty sure that's how TravASS Henry got on the list.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    this is also a good way for players to end up on KK's FU List. I'm pretty sure that's how TravASS Henry got on the list.
    Now thats some funny shit
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

He is teetering with that list... But there is more to it then that!

or accept my trade offer!

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    or accept my trade offer!
    that deal SUCKS for you, but if you are happy with it, then by all means......congrats King Killah!!

that deal SUCKS for you, but if you are happy with it, then by all means......congrats King Killah!!
    I don't think so. I wanted to move one of my main 3 Colts (Manning, Wayne, Addai) and only if I could get back a comparable player. KK did get the better end of the deal, but I now have Green and Slaton (which in my eyes is better than Norwood) in case Edge is shite and Romo, while not as talented as Manning, is younger and seems like he will be a top 5 QB for years to come.

I don't know why it sucks for me, but I'm happy with it.

I don't think so. I wanted to move one of my main 3 Colts (Manning, Wayne, Addai) and only if I could get back a comparable player. KK did get the better end of the deal, but I now have Green and Slaton (which in my eyes is better than Norwood) in case Edge is shite and Romo, while not as talented as Manning, is younger and seems like he will be a top 5 QB for years to come.

I don't know why it sucks for me, but I'm happy with it.
    i just think you gave up the two better players, that's all.

Manning > Romo
    Norwood = Green (esp now with injury)

i just think you gave up the two better players, that's all.

Manning > Romo
    Norwood = Green (esp now with injury)
    I would probably agree with this, I just don't think there is a significant difference. I am certainly taking more risk for this year (if Romo was a one-hit wonder or Green doesn't play) but I tried all last year and this offseason to make deals and I wasn't getting anything close to this value in return in my opinion (eg. would getting a top 5 WR who is 33+ for Wayne be a smart move? I didn't think so). I like Romo and can see him being a great QB for years to come. Manning is already a great QB and will continue to be one, but I question how much longer he can play at this super-high level, I question whether he will start getting hurt (I know he never gets sacked, but he's 32) and I also question how much longer the Colts will be a dominant team. I see Jerry Jones doing what it takes to remain dominant before I see Jim Irsay doing what it takes. (and Romo is 4 years younger...just hitting his prime)

End of the day though, if I didn't have Wayne and Addai as well (who I inherited), I would not have made this trade...but I did have all 3 and I wanted to change that (especially with Dallas Clark as well) and I feel I made the best deal I could make given the limited parameters I set for myself (must get back a top 5 player at the position I trade....and not a guy who's over 30).

PS: If KK wanted Norwood, he could have picked him immediately before I did...when he took Green!

don't get me wrong, i see your logic and having three players on the same team, even a high powered one, can kill you on some weeks.

i'd wish you both good luck, but i'm in the league with you so....

don't get me wrong, i see your logic and having three players on the same team, even a high powered one, can kill you on some weeks.

i'd wish you both good luck, but i'm in the league with you so....
    Your ass is grass when we play this year Fly! (Romo will have 6 TD'S! )

Your ass is grass when we play this year Fly! (Romo will have 6 TD'S! )
    looking at the matchups in Week 11, the week we play, yeah, you probably will win, but I don't see Romo throwing 6 TD @ WAS.

looking at the matchups in Week 11, the week we play, yeah, you probably will win, but I don't see Romo throwing 6 TD @ WAS.
    I know, I'm just messing with ya Fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Hosuton Chronicle

Because Ahman Green could be out for another two weeks with a groin injury, the Texans are signing veteran running back Marcel Shipp to add more experience and depth to the backfield.
    Shipp, who turned 30 this month, was waived by Arizona, where he played the last seven seasons after signing as an undrafted free agent in 2001.

He joins veterans Chris Brown, Chris Taylor, Darius Walker and rookie Steve Slaton in a crowded backfield.
    Marcel Shipp

That Houston run core - yikes... Slaton could move up pretty quickly, however, at this point I only see him as a productive returner. Not sure what type of NFL game he'll provide at back.

that HOU backfield has got to be the worst in the NFL.

RBBC in Houston...

Texans RB Ahman Green is doubtful for the rest of the preseason because of the groin injury he suffered against Denver. As a result HC Gary Kubiak said he will use multiple options at the position. "We're not going back to one guy," Kubiak said. "We may end up playing with two or three of those guys, by committee so to speak, if Ahman's not ready to go." That includes rookie RB Steve Slaton, who will play with the first team Friday at Dallas. Chris Brown will start but Slaton will come off the bench. GM Rick Smith said the team signed veteran RB Marcel Shipp so Chris Taylor can get more reps at fullback. Brown, Slaton, Taylor and Darius Walker will be joined by Shipp, who is playing in his eighth season.
    That's some committee... Get FlyGuy, Beanz, and Studz out there and they could likely produce the same numbers as Shipp, Brown, and Walker.

RBBC in Houston...

That's some committee... Get FlyGuy, Beanz, and Studz out there and they could likely produce the same numbers as Shipp, Brown, and Walker.
    no doubt!!

Dammit Fly....why did you set up Cook??

Houston Texans FB Jameel Cook is free on a $500 personal recognizance bond after being arrested by a sheriff's deputy who reported finding marijuana in Cook's vehicle. Cook was stopped at about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday after the officer observed that Cook's Mercedes bore no front license plate or registration sticker. Cook had no valid Texas driver's license and no proof of liability insurance. "He gave the deputy a Florida driver's license that had been suspended in May 2008," Carlson said. The car's Texas registration expired in July 2007. The deputy searched the car and found a plastic bag containing two grams of marijuana, Carlson said.
    First of all.... idiot for driving with a suspended license. Second of all.... idiot for not have insurance - come on Geico commercials are on every 27 seconds in the US.

I don't believe Cook is really that high up on anyone's depth chart, unless you play in a huge league with deep rosters.

Dammit Fly....why did you set up Cook??

First of all.... idiot for driving with a suspended license. Second of all.... idiot for not have insurance - come on Geico commercials are on every 27 seconds in the US.

I don't believe Cook is really that high up on anyone's depth chart, unless you play in a huge league with deep rosters.

plus, he's a FB and they don't mean shit in FF.

plus, he's a FB and they don't mean shit in FF.
    Hahahahaha........ So that is why you planted 2 grams in his car?

Hahahahaha........ So that is why you planted 2 grams in his car?
    yeah to mess up the HOU backfield more than it already is!! NOW WHO'S GOING TO BLOCK FOR................??? Wait, who is their RB now?

WR Harry Williams, who left the Texans-Cowboys game on a stretcher after a neck injury, will have surgery to repair a spinal fracture. Williams does have movement in his extremities and doctors expect him to be able to walk again.
    Not that he was on anyone's radar...but this type of thing sucks. Glad to hear the hope for him to walk again is positive!

Thread Information