Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Manning is scary good.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Had to know Manning would get it done at home. That is a different team with him behind center.

Senior Member All-Star canuckthug's Avatar
    The 80 yard TD drive before half time got the ball rolling. Too much momentum. Superbowl matchup will be high octane no matter who wins in NO.
    Good for the NFL !!

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    I'm calling for a shootout in Miami that's for sure.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Not sure who I am rooting for in the Super Bowl. On 1 hand, I am a huge Manning fan. He is 1 of the few all-time greats that I was able to watch over his entire career. I saw many others like Montana, Elways, Marino, etc. but I was around 12 when they started and, compared to now, I didn't know shit. I truly believe that he is the most irreplaceable player in the NFL that I have ever seen and I love watching him play. That said, he is also the QB of the team that just knocked the Jets out of the playoffs. It is also hard to root against the Saints. Great team to watch and I love what they have done for that city. Might just wear my Manning jersey at the party and take it off at halftime if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Not sure who I am rooting for in the Super Bowl. On 1 hand, I am a huge Manning fan. He is 1 of the few all-time greats that I was able to watch over his entire career. I saw many others like Montana, Elways, Marino, etc. but I was around 12 when they started and, compared to now, I didn't know shit. I truly believe that he is the most irreplaceable player in the NFL that I have ever seen and I love watching him play. That said, he is also the QB of the team that just knocked the Jets out of the playoffs. It is also hard to root against the Saints. Great team to watch and I love what they have done for that city. Might just wear my Manning jersey at the party and take it off at halftime if needed.
    I'm in the same boat. Big Manning fan, but also think it'd be awesome for the Saints to win the SB after all these years. I doubt I'll pick sides and will just enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Big Manning fan, but also think it'd be awesome for the Saints to win the SB after all these years. I doubt I'll pick sides and will just enjoy the game.
    I have often gone into a game with that thought process but that is impossible for me to actually do. I always find myself pulling for a team, even when I went into the game trying to force myself to root for the other team or trying to be neutral.

Yeah, I'm pulling for the Colts, but I really will happy with whomever wins for the reasons already stated. I do love Manning though.

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Pulling for former Bolts QB Brees and the Saints.

I'm not on either side of this game, but I do think it will be one of the best Super Bowl games we have seen. Either the Colts and Peyton win (he would most likely win SB MVP) and Peyton becomes the greatest QB of all time with 2 Super Bowl Rings, 2 Super Bowl MVPs, 4 Regular Season MVPs, and the best Regular Season record (amongst many other records) as a QB or Brees wins it for a city that probably needs it more than other city in New Orleans! It's gonna be a great game!

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Wow, this is such an epic matchup, are there two teams in the NFL right now who you would rather watch on the losing side in the 4th quarter? To QBs? Seriously, this game can be 41-10 entering the 4th quarter and a comeback would probably be likely. This is going to be amazing.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Jerry Hughes. OK.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Good pick. He'll flourish.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Dallas Clark is done for the season, big loss for Indy.

HUGE loss for Indy. Lucky for them no team is too great this year but it really makes Indy drop a few notches.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Ouch. Def. Not the same team out there w/o him.

Tamme will be able to keep that TE spot above average, but still definitely no Dallas Clark.

Huge loss for b_illin

This probably wasn't Indy's season before the injury. Now, it's definitely not. They will still be good because Manning could make me into a 50-600 WR but I don't expect much from them in the end.

A few weeks before the superbowl, i recall hearing stories of a new Peyton Manning contract. The word was he was going to be the highest paid player in football history by a large margin in an absolutely ridiculous contract. Im no Colts fan but i would be pissed if he makes well beyond the 2nd highest paid NFL'er. I get that he is a legitimate top player in the league and Manning is the Colts. He literally runs the offense and his chain of command supersedes the offensive coach it seems. Having said that, the NFL is a salary cap league and if he earns big money, then he will ultimately have to work with lesser talent on the field.. A hardcore colts fan that i bumped into said, "Manning shouldn't demand crazy money if he is serious about getting back to the promise land." That is the logical thing to do but What do you guys think? Im not familiar with the Salary Cap of the NFL but im curious, will his potential new contract be a detriment to the rest of the team or is the Cap a non-issue??

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1027...g-contract.htm

I remember when Michael Jordan signed for $20 million a season (dont recall if the NBA had a cap at the time) but Jordan was the greatest and he delivered so nobody cared... different times, different game, different circumstances i know, but i think it draws similar comparisons because some feel Manning is the best in the game today!?

So this leads me to, how do you rank the top 5 QB's in the league today?? my list of top 5 would be:

1. Brady
    2. Vick <--- call me crazy but i would take Vick 2nd!
    3-5?? Rodgers, Brees, P. Manning,

6. Rothlisberger
    7. Rivers

Ok. You're crazy. Come on with the Vick ranking...

Rivers >> Big Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

Rivers >> Big Ben.

so your list would look like:

1. Brady
    2-4. Manning, Brees, Rodgers ???
    5. Vick

6. Rivers
    7. Rothlisberger

Im ranking Vick 2nd only because he can do what no other QB does.. imagine if Vick played on a team with D-fence...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

Rivers >> Big Ben.
    Not when it matters

Doing what no other QB does makes you somewhat unique. It doesn't make you a top 5 NFL QB. Renaldo Nehemiah also did something that no one else could do. It didn't make him a top WR. I really don't feel like doing a list but, if I did, I might let Vick sniff the top 10 if it was around the holidays and I was in a giving mood. Let's keep it in our pants, though. IMHO, he was always a great athlete and an average QB. While it's obvious that he has improved as a QB, he still has a lot of ground to make up before he can hang with the big boys.

Be careful when comparing NFL players to those in other sports. The contracts mean shit as the money (other than signing bonuses) isn't guaranteed. It's the guaranteed money that matters. Who knows what is happening behind closed doors but I haven't heard a peep from him about his contract. It seems like the Colts have had a hardon for making him the "highest paid".

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Not when it matters
    It mattered Sunday night at the end of the 4th quarter.

Renaldo Nehemiah also did something that no one else could do. It didn't make him a top WR.
    thanks for that blast from the past. haven't heard that name in ages!

It mattered Sunday night at the end of the 4th quarter.
    I was waiting for that one!

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Anthony Castonzo....... ....and his slut girlfriend just had the face that says give me the money, buy me shit....

Castonzo good pick. Should have went higher.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Anthony Castonzo....... ....and his slut girlfriend just had the face that says give me the money, buy me shit....

Castonzo good pick. Should have went higher.
    I was thinking to myself that she isn't anywhere near hot enough to last past the Summer. She was loving it!

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Colts signed QB Kerry Collins.

May not be something you wanted to hear if you are a Colts fan or own Manning in fantasy football.

Thread Information