Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Let the Cowher to Indy rumors begin!

Just kidding

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Huge loss for Indy.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USAToday.com
    Nate Davis, of USAToday.com, reports Sports Illustrated's Peter King said on his Twitter page that he has been told by reliable sources unrestricted free-agent WR Marvin Harrison (Colts) will not play anymore because his knee is still bothering him.
    See ya Marvin....nice career. Hope it is the knee that is bothering you and not outside, off-field issues that other teams may be concerned about.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by Indianapolis Star
    Phil Richards, of The Indianapolis Star, reports Larry Kennan, executive director of the NFL Coaches Association, said Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Tom Moore is strongly considering retirement.
    Not that this is player news, but could have some fantasy implications. Highly doubt that a new coordinator will come in and tell Manning to hand the ball off 40 times or anything like that, but Moore is a big part of that offense.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Sadie Gurman, of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Indianapolis Colts RB Najeh Davenport's 1970 Chevrolet Impala was stolen and he, along with others, chased after the theif. The thief, Rodney Terrell Green, struck four parked cars, according to police, before getting out of the totaled car and fleeing on foot. He was caught by Davenport and several witnesses, who held him until police arrived.
    This is more of a good for you story than anything else...or a scene from Grand Theft Auto. Only if Davenport can be as productive and focused on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by indianapolis star

colts qb peyton manning said tuesday, may 26, that he would like to know more on the team's recent coaching changes. "i can't tell you what's going on," manning said during a break for one of the team's organized team activity sessions today at its westside complex. "i will say i don't think it's been the most properly communicated scenario around here."
    "it's not a situation that i'm just thrilled about," he said. "i think the communication has been pretty poor in my opinion. Somebody says one thing, then somebody else says another thing.

"i'm not sure everybody's on the same page in this building. I'm just trying to focus on playing quarterback well."
    turmoil!

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    The Associated Press reports Indianapolis Colts WR Anthony Gonzalez (leg) did not practice Sunday, June 7, due to an injured right leg.
    Gonzalez didn't leave the field after the injury but spent the rest of the day stretching. Staff would not comment on the injury at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    Paul Kuharsky, of ESPN.com, reports Indianapolis Colts WR Pierre Garcon, WR Austin Collie and WR Roy Hall are the prime candidates for the team's No. 3 wide receiver spot.
    Really it is between Garcon and Collie. Hall is a big target but is a work in progress. Garcon has skills and quickness and strength to break tackles. Collie isn't as athletically gifted as Garcon but almost never drops a pass thrown at him, and can make the impossible catch.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFootballReport.com
    IndyFootballReport.com reports Peyton Manning commented on the improvement of WR Pierre Garcon. "We are expecting big things out of Pierre this year. He's a very hard worker. I really feel like he got better in his rookie year even though he wasn't playing a lot. He didn't waste a year. When he was called upon in certain situations, he knew what he had to do. He's got tremendous speed, and that is something I'm sure all you can see. He can run and he can get deep. That's a good quality in the NFL, and there are some things you can do with a guy like that. I know he is kind of competing for that third receiver position. When we go three wide, I know he wants to be on the field. He is primarily more of an outside receiver; he works the right and the left, not as much as the slot. And I think he's off to a good start."
    Its still between Garcon and Collie who will likely split the #3 role at WR. This season, look for Dallas Clark to be huge. Look for Gonzalez to step up, while Wayne tumbles a little.

Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by KFFL.com
    Colts | A. Gonzalez likely out two to six weeks
    Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:23:07 -0700 Jason La Canfora, of the NFL Network, reports Indianapolis Colts WR Anthony Gonzalez (knee) suffered a strained ligament in his knee during the team's Week 1 game. A preliminary diagnosis has Gonzalez missing two to six weeks, according to a league source. The team will do more testing on Gonzalez Monday, Sept. 14, and monitor any swelling, but the Colts expect Gonzalez to miss at least a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Its still between Garcon and Collie who will likely split the #3 role at WR. This season, look for Dallas Clark to be huge. Look for Gonzalez to step up, while Wayne tumbles a little.
    That's what I thought when i traded him....one game granted, but wow did he prove me wrong!

Bob Sanders done for the season

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Colts SS Bob Sanders is done for the season after being diagnosed with a torn biceps tendon.

The tear was discovered while Dr. James Andrews performed what likely was initially only intended to be a "scope" on Sanders' elbow. The loss vaults Melvin Bullitt into the starting lineup full time. Bullitt is one of the top backup safeties in the game, but Sanders is a better playmaker. The Colts are still lucky to have terrific depth and an outstanding scheme in the back.

Ouch!

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
    The Colts have confirmed that cornerback Marlin Jackson will miss the rest of the season after injuring his left knee in practice.
    First Sanders, now Jackson

INDIANAPOLIS -- The unbeaten Indianapolis Colts have lost starting linebacker Tyjuan Hagler for the rest of the season with a ruptured biceps.
    And another starter bites the dust for the Colts

HOU beats IND for their first loss of the season..........bank it!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Took Houston at +9 in my office pool.. and you are costing me at the moment.
    Last edited by dw13; 11-08-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post

Senior Member All-Star
    Brown is usually money from that range, shame for the Texans. But I bet on Indy this week so

Thanks for beating the Jags, Peyton.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Thanks for beating the Jags, Peyton.
    +1

Let's go Colts!

Be PERFECT!

Senior Member All-Star canuckthug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Let's go Colts!

Be PERFECT!
    Was this a Jinx tactic??

They say the Colts tanked the last 2 games by pulling the starters to avoid an injury. Obviously teams snuck into the playoffs that shouldnt have and the media is eating them alive. I could see why Colts fans are pissed but its an interesting situation. What do you guys think.... Good safe move by the coach or play for perfection? The thing i disagree with is the Colts were guranteed a bye in the 1st round for rest anyway. I also say the 3rd Q is a little early to bench your starters.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Manning won his 4th MVP award.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Manning won his 4th MVP award.
    Right on, he earned it!

I was sincerely unimpressed with the Colts effort on offense vs the Ravens. I thought Manning played a very mediocre game and think the Jets have a very real chance. Anyone else think the same?

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post
    I was sincerely unimpressed with the Colts effort on offense vs the Ravens. I thought Manning played a very mediocre game and think the Jets have a very real chance. Anyone else think the same?
    Save for the last few minutes of the 1st half, I didn't think that Manning had a good game. The Jets absolutely have a chance.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    I'm done saying the Jets get blown out but I definitely think Manning produces like a monster at some point in this game, either in the 2nd or 4th quarters. Outside those streaks I think Jets will contain well and may even take an early lead but I really expect Manning to figure something out at some point and begin tearing the defense apart for a big 17+ point quarter to run away with it.

Senior Member All-Star canuckthug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'm done saying the Jets get blown out but I definitely think Manning produces like a monster at some point in this game, either in the 2nd or 4th quarters. Outside those streaks I think Jets will contain well and may even take an early lead but I really expect Manning to figure something out at some point and begin tearing the defense apart for a big 17+ point quarter to run away with it.
    That is a very probable writeup and i defintately could see all of it happening.
    But heres what i want to see happen, A JETS win. The possible story line/ headlines are too huge to ignore. The Colts have a perfect season in the balance and decide to sit the starters. They lose a "MEANINGLESS GAME" to the JETS and low and behold ---> the Jets qualify.

Indy has the better offense. Better QB and a better team. No questions asked but i think Colts nation is nervous about this game. If Indy comes out and executes early, that nervous enery will be dispelled. Advantage home field. But I think the Colts will fumble and drop passes more than usual.

Dallas Clark is a monster.

Thread Information