Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Colts signed QB Kerry Collins.

May not be something you wanted to hear if you are a Colts fan or own Manning in fantasy football.
    Peyton Manning will play Week 1. Collins is for insurance purposes only as the other two backup QB's on IND are god awful.

Senior Member All-Star
    I would be shocked if Manning didn't play in week 1. I think the Colts got a good enough look at their backups and realized that they wouldn't cut it and signed Collins as insurance. But I honestly don't think Peyton won't be ready unless he physically is not cleared to play

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Manning has been ruled out for week 1.

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    Manning apparently had another surgery this morning, out 2-3 months. Colts are gonna suck this season.

Frack, glad I took Collie 4 weeks ago in KK's league

Luck has missed ten practices while finishing that degree. At least he will be able to get a job after busting out of the league. I called this last year when he passed up the NFL, he waits a year, gets drafted and still doesn't want to be a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Luck has missed ten practices while finishing that degree. At least he will be able to get a job after busting out of the league. I called this last year when he passed up the NFL, he waits a year, gets drafted and still doesn't want to be a pro.
    It's a league rule.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    It's a league rule.
    Well all apologies to Colts fans. Damn Stanford's class schedule runs late.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Wow.
    Why the wow? Curious. As Daw said its just a league rule.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Why the wow? Curious. As Daw said its just a league rule.
    My wow was directed towards the messenger and not the message. I saw quite the number of assumptions in his statement. I am on the record as saying that I applaud any player that respects the degree and enjoys playing college ball enough to stick around and finish up before becoming a pro. Obviously, his family needs to be well enough off to allow him to do that (which it apparently is) but it's not like he can retire from the NFL and use any remaining eligibility then.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    The Colts.......... Luck made the Colts faithful say Peyton who???? They will certainly build on what they did last year. Luck is Peyton. He is a student of the game. I just hope he doesn't get one of those foreheads that are so big we call it a fivehead like Peyton has. The team was ugly in the draft and that isn't a bad thing. What I mean is they took guys who get dirty(not play dirty). The big german Bjoern Werner is a monster. Then they brought in almost 950lbs. and 19ft. in height with their next three picks. The 6'5 guard out of Illinois should get a starting spot sooner than later, likely out of camps.

The skilled positions I am a little uneasy with, but just like the Patriots and just like what Peyton Manning did, he can work with what he has. Of course, Reggie Wayne is first class and TY Hilton was strong. They bring in Derius Heyward-Bey. Will he shine in Indianapolis or fizzle like he did in Oakland? Coby Fleener will be a suitable TE. The running backs are thin, but with teams needing to respect Luck, they will benefit. Vick Ballard, Delone Carter, Donald Brown will get some competition out of Al Alexander and Davin Meggett for spots on the roster. With the AFC looking the way it does right now, I am plugging the Colts in the playoffs at least as a Wild Card.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Trent Richardson is a Colt!

Thread Information