Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Indianapolis Colts

A little on Marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN

Colts head coach Tony Dungy said Marvin Harrison, who's coming off knee surgery, "is doing really well" and reiterated the receiver is not a suspect in an April 29 Philadelphia shooting about which he was questioned.
    "Right before we closed out our OTAs he was there and he was running," Dungy said. "For the first time in a long time I saw a smile on his face because he was running pain free. So we feel good about where he's going to be physically opening up this year. Everything we've heard and communicated from the Philadelphia police department, he's not a suspect in what's going on there. So again, we feel pretty good about where he's going to be."
    Running pain free.... Big news.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Peyton...

Quote Originally Posted by NFL.com

Pro Bowl quarterback Peyton Manning will need four to six weeks of recovery time after having a bursa sac removed from his left knee, the team revealed in a press release on Monday.
    That timetable means he would miss at least the start of training camp. The Colts open camp on July 25 and break camp on Aug. 15.

"The procedure was routine. The Colts' medical staff expects a full and complete return to action," said Colts president Bill Polian.
    For what its worth, this isn't the first time he's had a bursa sac issue. He ruptured the bursa sac in his right knee during a game in his senior year at Tennessee. The bad thing about this one is the timing of it. Mid-July surgery usually means training camp and preseason is affected. Not that Manning is a young kid who needs the reps, but Manning is a perfectionist and he thrives on preparation.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

This could be scary for Peyton, but then again, the guy has been an Iron Man since he came into the league. He rarely takes a sack and I believe that is one of the reasons he's still standing. I think he'll be alright for this season though.

I popped my bursa a couple times - he won't be practicing for a while, but he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Indianapolis Star
    Colts President Bill Polian called QB Peyton Manning's surgery "routine" and expects him to recover in time for the regular season. Manning underwent surgery to remove an infected bursa sac from his left knee Monday afternoon, which has a recovery time of four-to-six weeks. Until then Jim Sorgi, Manning's seldom-used backup for the past four seasons, will take over first team duties. The team's 2004 sixth-round draft pick has compiled modest stats while appearing in only 14 games: a 90.4 passer rating, 61.1 completion percentage, 751 yards, six touchdowns and one interception.
    I have to say, Manning will be the starter in Week 1. That said... This may be the first time that Manning is not overvalued and taken waaay too soon in drafts. The problem though is, if you are one that usually lets someone else snag Manning in the first round or very early in the second round....and he starts slipping because people are afraid of the surgery, you are left with a decision to be made. One thing to remember is what Fly said. He rarely takes a sack, so I wouldn't be overly concerned at this point.

He did have an injury if I remember correctly in college on his knee. I don't remember too much, but I remember he had a knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    He did have an injury if I remember correctly in college on his knee. I don't remember too much, but I remember he had a knee injury.
    yeah well that was about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    yeah well that was about 10 years ago.
    and his last injury.. Just sayin

Ummm....

Quote Originally Posted by King Killah
    For what its worth, this isn't the first time he's had a bursa sac issue. He ruptured the bursa sac in his right knee during a game in his senior year at Tennessee. The bad thing about this one is the timing of it. Mid-July surgery usually means training camp and preseason is affected. Not that Manning is a young kid who needs the reps, but Manning is a perfectionist and he thrives on preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Ummm....
    Haha my bad mang somehow skipped over your post about it.

Haven't read anything on who is the RB2 - Hart or Rhodes? I would guess Rhodes, but me personally, I think Hart is something special.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Haven't read anything on who is the RB2 - Hart or Rhodes? I would guess Rhodes, but me personally, I think Hart is something special.
    You personally because your a Michigan fan.

You personally because your a Michigan fan.
    Ya think. Slow north south runner that lacks durability and never caught passes. Not to mention that school's running backs always flop in the pros (except Ty Wheatley...kind of). He will be out of football in three years. Stick to Rhodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Country View Post
    Ya think. Slow north south runner that lacks durability and never caught passes. Not to mention that school's running backs always flop in the pros (except Ty Wheatley...kind of). He will be out of football in three years. Stick to Rhodes.
    I don't give him three years.

Marv...

Indianapolis Colts WR Marvin Harrison will be ready to go when the team holds their first training camp practice Friday morning. HC Tony Dungy said Harrison has been cleared for practice. "The last I heard from our doctors' meeting was Marvin would be ready to go when we get there," Dungy said this afternoon. "He's been running and feeling good and everybody, including Marvin, is really enthused and optimistic about how that's gone." However, Dungy said the team will take a conservative approach with Harrison's workload. Dungy also thinks no repercussions are looming from Harrison's connection to an April 29 shooting in Harrison's hometown of Philadelphia. "I've been given reason to think that Marvin's part of it will not be anything that will come up for us during the year," Dungy said.
    If he is healthy, he could lower the value of Anthony Gonzalez and Dallas Clark dramatically, both of which had pretty good seasons in Harrison's absence.

Colts not telling us something??

The Colts added a little insurance while QB Peyton Manning recovers from surgery on his left knee by signing former Jaguars backup QB Quinn Gray and Giants backup Jared Lorenzen. Gray signed a one-year deal. Lorenzen's deal has not been made public yet.
    I would love for shits and giggles if Lorenzen made the team... He gets to back up both Mannings. Who else gets to say that? This really means little. Sorgi is still the go-to guy if Manning can't go.

"His first year, very talented guy. You could see that," Dungy said speaking of RB Joseph Addai. "But it was all new to him and he was playing a lot, especially early his rookie year, trying not to make a mistake, trying to just listen and focus and pay attention to everything. Last year I think things slowed down for him. The season went really well. This year he knows he's one of the guys we're counting on. He's got to provide that leadership role. He's just playing free and easy, and we expect big things."
    Pretty encouraging words from Dungy, but could this translate into unnecessary pressure? That said, I expect Addai to be a solid fantasy guy this season.

Not really relevant to fantasy... even IDP leagues.

After much deliberation and careful thought, Quinn Pitcock resolved to retire from the NFL, Brad Leshnock, Pitcock's agent, said in an email to The Star late Tuesday. He notified the Colts of this decision last week."
    Interesting.... Pitcock is a 2nd year player. Depth is a formula of success in the NFL. Let's see what Indy does here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Illustrated
    Peter King wrote Monday that he would guess there's a 30-35% chance that Peyton Manning's bursa sac issue with his knee could keep him out of the Week 1 Opener.
    Would you bet that Manning misses week 1?? I bet a lot, especially on football and I wouldn't lay money down on that bet. No matter how good the odds are.

That said... When Manning had the surgery, it was said he'd be out 4-6 weeks, he is now in week 5 and the Colts are providing no info at all. He has started range of motion exercises, which is promising, but now its looking more as if there is a slight chance he could miss week one.

i'd say there is a 95% chance he plays Week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78
    i'd say there is a 95% chance he plays Week 1.
    I would say there is 100% chance he plays week 1. If he doesn't - mark me down for this one. If Manning does NOT play week 1, I will take Chicago and the points (not silly enough to take Chicago SU) for the win.

More on Manning...

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning made it to his first practice of the season Tuesday, then ended his self-imposed silence by saying he wanted to play in Indianapolis' regular-season opener vs. Chicago -- although he couldn't provide a guarantee. "I've not really had a whole lot to say, to tell you the truth," he said. "As to when I'll be back on the practice field, that's still to be determined. Obviously, the sooner, the better for me. My goal is to be back for the first game." Manning also bristled at the speculation that has been around. "This, maybe, will stop some of the whining going on," he said. "I just didn't want to get into these daily progress reports. I've done nothing but rehab, I guess we're sort of in the rumor mill now. I don't wear a knee brace, I wore this [wrap] today, really for the first time."

has Manning ever missed a regular season start?

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    has Manning ever missed a regular season start?
    No, I'm pretty sure he has not.

A little more Manning...

Peyton Manning is expected to participate in a full-squad practice for the first time Tuesday, the next step in his recovery from knee surgery.
    Coach Tony Dungy said today the plan is to remove Manning from the PUP list, which would make him eligible to practice.

"I think we'll ease him in and see how he practices and what he's able to do and we'll see from there," Dungy said.
    Let's see what the day brings... Some reports are saying full squad practices, while a few others outside of the Indianapolis area are reporting that Manning will participate in individual drills only.

Colts QB Peyton Manning returned to practice and according to Colts writer Phillip Wilson, he looked very good. Here's how Wilson described it in the Indy Star:
    "Peyton Manning practiced today. And I saw him. And he looked like the same, old Peyton in some throwing drills, dropping back, running out a fake off a pitch. And he wasn't wearing a knee brace on either knee.

The Colts are sticking to the conservative company line on his return -- Colts coach Tony Dungy said Manning, like a few other players, was still "iffy" for the season opener. I couldn't resist teasing Dungy about a new injury category, "iffy." That would save him a lot of explanations if from now on he just said iffy."

But from what a small group of reporters witnessed, Manning looked like the guy we remembered.
    This sounds nothing but positive. But a question mark still remains.

"The Colts aren't certain about center Jeff Saturday, but it sounds like he's going to miss the season opener and could be gone for an extensive amount of time. Any time Dungy suggests an injury could be "major," as he did today, I fear the worst. And what a bummer, considering Saturday has to be one of the most respected and affable guys in the locker room. Dungy also said it could be a week or two, too, but there's obviously something wrong with that right knee. Saturday gets an MRI, yet a day later, his status is uncertain? We've learned the hard way to smell out such deliberate reports. My gut says this is bad."
    This could actually be bad.. If the Colts go down Manning AND center Saturday, the offense just took a tumble. Pay attention to this.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Jeff Saturday's agent said Wednesday that his client is expected to miss at least six weeks after suffering ligament damage to his right knee in the Colts' third preseason game.

According to agent Ralph Cindrich, Saturday could be out significantly longer if he opts for surgery. "I don’t think he’ll be able to get back on the field for at least six or seven weeks," Cindrich said. "He’s down for a while." Saturday has started 59 straight games dating back to 2004 and the Colts will likely turn to rookie Steve Justice in his absence.
    Source: Indianapolis Star
    Wow, that's a huge, HUGE loss for them, Saturday is one of the best centre's, if not the best in the NFL.

I also read something that said if he does have the surgery, that he could miss 11 weeks.
    Last edited by two24four; 08-28-2008 at 09:34 AM.

This is what I was thinking too...

Quote Originally Posted by AP

After Thursday night's preseason finale, coach Tony Dungy gave his most definitive answer yet when he said the two-time league MVP should play in the Colts' regular-season opener against Chicago on Sept. 7.
    "I would be shocked if he's not there (a week from) Sunday," Dungy said. "He would have to have a dramatic setback. Right now, every step we've taken has been good."

Quote Originally Posted by NFL.com
    Backup quarterbacks Jared Lorenzen and Quinn Gray were among the players waived by the Indianapolis Colts Saturday. The move leaves the team with two active quarterbacks in Peyton Manning and Jim Sorgi. Additionally, the Colts released 18 other players: WRs Devin Aromashodu, Sam Giguere and Onrea Jones; DTs Joe Bradley, Dan Davis and Colin Ferrell; DE Jeff Charleston; DBs Brannon Condren and Brandon Foster; OL Tala Esera; DE Ben Ishola; LBs Kyle Shotwell and Victor Worsley; RBs Chad Simpson and Kenton Keith; OTs Darren Marquez and Michael Toudouze and TE Tyrice Thompson. Additionally, LB Tyjuan Hagler and OG Ryan Lilja were placed on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list.
    Cuts...

Thread Information