Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Cassel injury up in the air....Oh how that must hurt (my best buds a KC fan and I wont even rub this in...if its serious)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Quarterback Matt Cassel(notes) could miss two to four weeks with a strained medial collateral ligament in his right knee, a source within the Kansas City Chiefs organization said.

Cassel, who the Chiefs acquired in a trade with New England this offseason, was hurt Saturday night in an exhibition game against Seattle. The injury is not expected to require surgery because MCL injuries usually heal on their own.

However, the injury means Cassel could miss the Chiefs’ season opener at Baltimore on Sept. 13. If Cassel can’t play, Tyler Thigpenis expected to start the season. Thigpen, who had been the subject of trade rumors earlier this week, played in 14 games last season when the Chiefs went through injuries at quarterback. He finished the season with 18 touchdown passes, 12 interceptions and a quarterback rating of 76.0.

Cassel also suffered an ankle injury, but that was not considered as serious as the MCL injury.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Ok did you typo Thigpenis in there? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Ok did you typo Thigpenis in there? Haha
    hahaha....no, i didn't, but it is fucking funny now that you pointed it out!!

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Cassel...

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    Updating a previous item, ESPN.com reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel (knee) has a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee and could miss two to four weeks, according to Yahoo! Sports. Other reports are more optimistic and say that Cassel will be ready for the season opener.
    More to this is that KC's offensive line sucks, especially on the right side. KC's defense is so shitty that the idea of using the run to protect the pass could go out the window as early as the first quarter.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    It's easy to say Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is a jerk, has been a jerk since he left Penn State and always will be a jerk. Who will argue with that?

Johnson was suspended again this week for twice using a gay slur. Last season, he was benched for three games and suspended for another one after he was accused of throwing a drink on a woman and pushing another in separate incidents for which he pleaded guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace and was given two years of probation. Those were not his first problems with women.

This is a bad guy.

"It's not how he was raised," Johnson's father, Larry Sr., told the Kansas City Star this week. The elder Johnson coaches the defensive linemen at Penn State and is in his 14th season on Joe Paterno's staff.

Even worse from a team standpoint than the reprehensible slurs, the younger Johnson ridiculed Chiefs first-year coach Todd Haley this week on his Twitter account. You would think Johnson would look in the mirror and realize he has had a big part in the team's 1-6 record, rushing for averages of just 51 yards per game and 2.7 yards per carry. But, no. Johnson questioned Haley's coaching credentials. There's a good chance he won't play again for the Chiefs -- certainly not beyond this season -- despite the five-year contract extension he signed in 2007 that guarantees him $19 million and could be worth up to $45 million.

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    It's easy to say Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is a jerk, has been a jerk since he left Penn State and always will be a jerk. Who will argue with that?

Johnson was suspended again this week for twice using a gay slur. Last season, he was benched for three games and suspended for another one after he was accused of throwing a drink on a woman and pushing another in separate incidents for which he pleaded guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace and was given two years of probation. Those were not his first problems with women.

This is a bad guy.

"It's not how he was raised," Johnson's father, Larry Sr., told the Kansas City Star this week. The elder Johnson coaches the defensive linemen at Penn State and is in his 14th season on Joe Paterno's staff.

Even worse from a team standpoint than the reprehensible slurs, the younger Johnson ridiculed Chiefs first-year coach Todd Haley this week on his Twitter account. You would think Johnson would look in the mirror and realize he has had a big part in the team's 1-6 record, rushing for averages of just 51 yards per game and 2.7 yards per carry. But, no. Johnson questioned Haley's coaching credentials. There's a good chance he won't play again for the Chiefs -- certainly not beyond this season -- despite the five-year contract extension he signed in 2007 that guarantees him $19 million and could be worth up to $45 million.
    If he was trying to get out of KC (why the hell wouldn't he??) he's doing a good job. I really don't blame him for his poor performance as of late, because it's damn difficult to be a successful RB when there's 2 LB's in your backfield as soon as you get handed the ball.

^ Part of me of thinks he may just want as well - surely a team like NE would sign him...just watch.

Apparently this is what Johnson wrote via Twitter. I am sad that he didn't receive a better education at Penn State. I mean really, is the word briefly that difficult to spell?

"My father played for the coach from "rememeber the titans. Our coach played golf. My father played for redskins briefley. Our coach. Nuthn. my father got more creditentials than most of these pro coaches…..google my father!!!!!!"

Anyway, surely a mess over there. KC needs to cut their losses. Bill if given the shot, I could def. see a team like NE picking him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Apparently this is what Johnson wrote via Twitter. I am sad that he didn't receive a better education at Penn State. I mean really, is the word briefly that difficult to spell?

"My father played for the coach from "rememeber the titans. Our coach played golf. My father played for redskins briefley. Our coach. Nuthn. my father got more creditentials than most of these pro coaches…..google my father!!!!!!"

Anyway, surely a mess over there. KC needs to cut their losses. Bill if given the shot, I could def. see a team like NE picking him up.
    I dont see anything homophobic about that. He should have just came here and done one of those drunken rant threads

Im holding onto him for a while to see where he lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    I dont see anything homophobic about that. He should have just came here and done one of those drunken rant threads

Im holding onto him for a while to see where he lands.
    hah!

Smart idea. You gotta figure that his numbers can/will improve markedly if he ends up in the right place.

The Chiefs have worked out a settlement with Larry Johnson.

Johnson is still suspended for two weeks, but he will only lose one game check. By reaching an agreement, the two sides avoid a hearing on the matter. There was talk that the settlement would include Johnson's release, but that Chiefs clearly didn't want to grant him that wish.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Well you missed this line Fly.

We still don't expect to see L.J. active again this season.
    Would you say its safe to cut him loose?

That line wasn't there when I copied it. I wouldn't drop him just yet unless you have good options on FA.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    That line wasn't there when I copied it. I wouldn't drop him just yet unless you have good options on FA.
    Yeah...I was certain you either made a mistake or something like that happened.

I need a WR this week and was looking for a drop. Ill post in my "same story different week" thread.

Chiefs claim Chris Chambers off the WW.

So it looks as if he'll have an opportunity for revenge on SD this season

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Fat chance but I hope it works. Priest Holmes is the man!

GM in the Making All-Star keys2aFranchise's Avatar
    maybe it worked?

Larry Johnson

Hahahahaha......

Larry Johnson said he would like to return to the Chiefs one day.

Johnson, a free agent now, said he is bothered that he is just 74 yards away from the team rushing record held by Priest Holmes. "Hopefully, maybe someday, when I'm 33, 34, and I've still got a little bit of burn left, they'll let me come back and get those yards," Johnson said. Perhaps Johnson should have thought of that before he got himself kicked out of town.

GM in the Making All-Star keys2aFranchise's Avatar
    Hahahahaha......
    wow, that is amazing. Does he have any sense of reality?

Quote Originally Posted by keys2aFranchise View Post
    wow, that is amazing. Does he have any sense of reality?
    douchebag (n)-

An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intelligence, behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears.
    Well whaddya know...his picture really IS there

NFL suspends Bowe for four games

Dwayne Bowe, WR KC

News: The Chiefs announced that WR Dwayne Bowe has been suspended four games for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances. He will begin serving the suspension immediately and won't be eligible to play until Week 15 vs. Cleveland.

Analysis: Bowe is still worth holding on to in all leagues because he's essentially the Chiefs' best player on offense and a candidate for good stats. Owners will have to bench him and consider other options in the interim. Possible replacements for Bowe who might be on waivers include teammates Chris Chambers and Lance Long, Saints WR Robert Meachem, Titans WR Nate Washington, Raiders WR Chaz Schilens, Eagles WR Jason Avant and Bengals WR Laveranues Coles.

Does this significantly bump Chambers value or am I wrong?

It could, the only problem is that he will see the opponents best db lined up across from him.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Does this significantly bump Chambers value or am I wrong?
    Yes and he will be most likely covered by DB1 from now on, but the increase in targets could help his numbers especially in the red zone where Bowe was the main guy. I've decided to keep him on my $$$ league team and right now have him in my Flex spot. He has a tough matchup this week vs. PIT, but with Troy out it got a little easier.

for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances.
    So that's 100% he took steroids?

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Wow, who the hell is Jamaal Charles?

Since he became starter in week 10, he has run for 968 yards in 8 games for 121 yards a game (would get about 1900 in a 16 game season at that pace) and 7 TDs. Capped off the season with a nice 260 yard 2 TD game to stomp the Broncos.

Wonder what he'll do as the full time starter next year.

Charlie Weis is the new OC in KC. So much for the all you can eat joints around there.

Thread Information