Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 122
  1. #31
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    System QB versus franchise prospect, huge difference. But I already know your feelings on Cassel so we can agree to disagree.
    Not sure if my true feelings on Cassel have ever come out. I know that there is a difference between a proven system QB and a franchise prospect. Has that really been proven about Cassel?? I don't think that we really know. He had never had the chance before last season. We could argue about the reasons why but he played behind 3 top QB's at 1 point or another. I think that the jury is still out on Cassel but, in the least, he showed that he can lead a team over a 1 year sample size.

    If that's what you already knew, we can agree to disagree.


  2. #32
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    I don't see Cassel playing at a level that warrants that contract.

  3. #33
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Cassel I am comparing to a Matt Schaub or a Derek Anderson. I think anyone could have stepped in and lead the Patriots with the weapons that the Pats had on offense. I think giving Cassel an extension like that is silly and unwarranted. There is a reason why he played BEHIND three top QBs and it wasn't because they were top QBs, but more or less that he WASN'T a top QB. We'll see what he can do. He is a better option than Brodie Croyle and whatever other bullshit they had throwing in KC last season. But I think Cassel is going to recognize just what he had the first time he rolls into camp and sees Bowe and ??? Then he is going to start missing Moss, Welker, etc.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  4. #34
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    That all said, I do like the back to back DE picks with Jackson and Magee and just like with Wallace in Pittsburgh, I think if KC gives time to Quentin Lawrence, Lawrence can prove to be a solid late round steal in years to come.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  5. #35
    Washed Up All-Star Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,879
    I'm so tired of hearing about the genius of Pioli. I am glad he did not end up in Detroit. He could have gotten Sanchez for the same money as Cassel and kept his pick. Then he takes a 3-4 end at 3 which is beyond idiotic. Now he has massive contracts for Dorsey and Jackson both 3-4 ends. That is nuts. With the salary structure of the top three picks you can only take QB, RB, LT and an end that can sack the QB or a player with freakish talent. Jackson is none of those, they should have gotten Monroe with that pick.




  6. #36
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas City Star
    Jason Whitlock, of The Kansas City Star, reports it appears the Kansas City Chiefs appear to have little interest in signing QB Matt Cassel to a long-term contract before the start of the season.
    Is Cassel a sure thing? Good for Pioli to hesitate on the extension, especially after hearing the asking price. We can hear chants for Thigpen already... And before you know it, Grbac/Gannon analogies will be present. Anyone who really cares about their drafts...let others pick up KC QBs.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  7. #37
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas City Star

    Kent Babb, of the Kansas City Star, reports that Dwayne Bowe is a lot more serious and wants to show new head coach Todd Haley that he's committed.
    "I'm older now," Bowe, 24, explained. "This is my third year, a critical year. I want to be more serious and not even give him any reason to think I'm joking around."
    Good for Bowe. He's grown up over the off season. Not that I ever thought he was joking around or anything. Haley's offenses are generally pretty stat friendly for receivers, look at Boldin, Fitzgerald, TO. If Bowe is seriously taking the game serious, he could be one of the "elite' receivers this season.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  8. #38
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas City Star
    Kent Babb, from the Kansas City Star, reports Chiefs QB Matt Cassel is accurate, poised and ready to call the team his own for the first time since high school.
    Hey maybe news like this will get FlyGuy to draft Cassel with the first pick of the first round, kinda like he did with Rich Gannon a few years back!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  9. #39
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanburg Herald-Journal
    Dan Armonaitis, of the Spartanburg Herald-Journal, reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen said he is comfortable being the team's No. 2 quarterback behind QB Matt Cassel. 'They've got a lot of money invested in (Cassel), and I'm comfortable being behind him,' Thigpen said. 'I'm going to support him and do anything that I can to make him better. I'm a team player and not just an individual.'
    Good for Thigpen being a team player. It seems like every player is trying to impress the new regime in KC and Thigpen knows his role is back-up to Cassel. But Cassel is known to take a few sacks, so we could see Thigpen on the field a lot more than we want to. Thigpen is no starter. And he should be treated like one. The only way I look at Thigpen is if I was in a deep two-QB league. There are better options.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  10. #40
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    6 years / $63 million for Cassel.

    Have fun KC.



  11. #41
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    13,252
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    6 years / $63 million for Cassel.

    Have fun KC.
    That's alot of money for Cassell, but I still think he's much better than anything KC had before him. As a football fan, I hope he succeeds, as a Raiders fan, I hope he fails miserably!!

  12. #42
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    That's alot of money for Cassell, but I still think he's much better than anything KC had before him. As a football fan, I hope he succeeds, as a Raiders fan, I hope he fails miserably!!
    As a football fan, I hope he doesn't succeed (He's in the AFC)
    As a Jets fan, I hope he doesn't succeed (Ex-Pat)
    Last edited by dw13; 07-14-2009 at 06:10 PM.



  13. #43
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    Wow, tres stupide! (even if he plays like Brady in '07, he still wouldn't have cost them much more then $10mm/yr given he is unproven....why they are paying him this much before even takes a snap amazes me)

  14. #44
    Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Wow, tres stupide! (even if he plays like Brady in '07, he still wouldn't have cost them much more then $10mm/yr given he is unproven....why they are paying him this much before even takes a snap amazes me)
    No Bill, in that franchise and trade deal from NE he was still on KC's books for 14+ million for 09 based on the average salary of the top 5 QB's. So they really had no choice but to take the franchise tag off and sign him to a long term deal.

    The guaranteed money he got from KC is 28 million. Which is still less than what Stafford and Sanchez got in guaranteed money and they've never thrown a pass in the NFL. At least Cassel has at least one year of success on his resume where he showed he could play unlike those other 2.


  15. #45
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipes16 View Post
    No Bill, in that franchise and trade deal from NE he was still on KC's books for 14+ million for 09 based on the average salary of the top 5 QB's. So they really had no choice but to take the franchise tag off and sign him to a long term deal.

    The guaranteed money he got from KC is 28 million. Which is still less than what Stafford and Sanchez got in guaranteed money and they've never thrown a pass in the NFL. At least Cassel has at least one year of success on his resume where he showed he could play unlike those other 2.
    I know he was being paid more, but that was for one year. My point was that they really had not much to lose waiting til after the season (or at least during the season) once he's shown what he can do before getting a LT deal like that. Stafford and Sanchez are unproven....but they have WAY more talent than Cassel does...which is why they started in Uni and why they were drafted so high. Their ceiling is higher, in theory, then Cassel's. In the right system Cassel can probably be pretty solid....but so can lots of guys.

    If I were KC mgmt, I'd have waited to see how he plays before giving him a huge contract like that (high risk, low return in signing him like they did)

  16. #46
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    They do have a 3rd year escape route in the contract if things go bad.



  17. #47
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    I know. Does anybody actually get my point though that had he played well this season, he would probably still be getting a similar-sized contract?

  18. #48
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I know. Does anybody actually get my point though that had he played well this season, he would probably still be getting a similar-sized contract?
    I think he is completely overpaid, I've made my point. He is a product of the NE system, and he will have a rough time playing for KC. I can't see him being a 4,000 yard passer like they have paid him.

    I agree, I would of wanted to atleast see half the season from him.



  19. #49
    Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I know. Does anybody actually get my point though that had he played well this season, he would probably still be getting a similar-sized contract?
    I dont know if I'm buying that logic of the Chiefs paying him the $14.65 million franchise guarantee this year only to resign him at the end of this season for lets say the same $28 million extention he just inked. Under your plan he'd bank $42 million guaranteed if they roll the dice and he plays reasonably well this year.

    Thats bad cap mathematics especially by Pioli standards, no?

    As far as Stafford and Sanchez being better skilled, just remember the names of Joey Harrington, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Alex Smith and JaMarcus Russell. All top 5 picks that set their franchises back for years with maybe the exception of Leaf


  20. #50
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipes16 View Post
    I dont know if I'm buying that logic of the Chiefs paying him the $14.65 million franchise guarantee this year only to resign him at the end of this season for lets say the same $28 million extention he just inked. Under your plan he'd bank $42 million guaranteed if they roll the dice and he plays reasonably well this year.

    Thats bad cap mathematics especially by Pioli standards, no?

    As far as Stafford and Sanchez being better skilled, just remember the names of Joey Harrington, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Alex Smith and JaMarcus Russell. All top 5 picks that set their franchises back for years with maybe the exception of Leaf
    That's a good point...but I thought it a stupid move to trade for him when they could have drafted a QB and rolled with Thigpen again. Not my team though...

  21. #51
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Pat fans will always have a soft spot for KC now, Bill just remember that. Pioli and Cassel are there now, its their other team.



  22. #52
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Pat fans will always have a soft spot for KC now, Bill just remember that. Pioli and Cassel are there now, its their other team.
    Not really, I could care less how KC does as a team.

  23. #53
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Not really, I could care less how KC does as a team.
    Surprising, honestly. Most hardcore Pats fans, love Cassel and Pioli even more.



  24. #54
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Surprising, honestly. Most hardcore Pats fans, love Cassel and Pioli even more.
    I want to see the ex-Pats do well, sure, but as a team I could care less. I wont cheer for another NFL team, no matter who plays or runs it.

  25. #55
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I want to see the ex-Pats do well, sure, but as a team I could care less. I wont cheer for another NFL team, no matter who plays or runs it.
    Right on. I wish I could say the same about ex-Jets. I hope Baker breaks his face while playing for you guys.



  26. #56
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpaint Illustrated
    Nick Athan, of Warpaint Illustrated, reports that the Chiefs could deal RB Larry Johnson for multiple picks if a contender loses a top running back in August.
    This is a scenario I could see happening even if a "contender" doesn't lost a top back. I am also hearing that the Chiefs are looking a hard at bringing in Edge James. If this is the case, they have the vet back in James to help out the young stud Jamaal Charles. The Chiefs could be in a solid win situation here in this scenario. We'll know more as we see what unfolds with Edgerrin James.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  27. #57
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Should we start calling the Chiefs the KC Patriots? they signed two players today that the Pats cut just the other day, Matt Gutierrez & Vince Redd.

  28. #58
    2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    This is a scenario I could see happening even if a "contender" doesn't lost a top back. I am also hearing that the Chiefs are looking a hard at bringing in Edge James. If this is the case, they have the vet back in James to help out the young stud Jamaal Charles. The Chiefs could be in a solid win situation here in this scenario. We'll know more as we see what unfolds with Edgerrin James.
    What about LJ?


  29. #59
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post
    What about LJ?
    Ive read stats on LJ and he looks to be steal in drafts this year. Im seeing him go past second tier backs in mocks (i know mocks arent a perfect barometer but eh) Pretty sure he is amongst the top in red zone touches....let alone touches/yards/tds
    Good Luck Jamaal owners (I wouldnt frown on a cuff at all) but Im picking LJ to have a great year. His back is against the wall and he wants to run away from it.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  30. #60
    Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Should we start calling the Chiefs the KC Patriots? they signed two players today that the Pats cut just the other day, Matt Gutierrez & Vince Redd.
    Hell yeah and they even got their future head coach in about 5 years or less with Vrabel involved in the Cassel deal


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •