Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I see, so he will have to make his mind up by Sunday then, cause if he even plays one pre-season game in the OHL all his scholarship options go out the window.

If it was me, it would not even be an option, it would be the OHL hands down, much better hockey, and way more games, better shot at the NHL as well.
    He's not really in a rush from the impression I get. Butler loves the way he plays so if he wants to be there he'll be there. You'd be a little hesitant to sign with offers from Boston College, Harvard, etc on the table too though.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    He's not really in a rush from the impression I get. Butler loves the way he plays so if he wants to be there he'll be there. You'd be a little hesitant to sign with offers from Boston College, Harvard, etc on the table too though.
    Well if he's thinking past hockey then sure, he's making the right call on going to school, and good for him, if that's what he does, but hockey wise, the OHL/CHL is the way to go IMO to better your hockey career.

Good ole Butler, good caoch in the reg season, once the playoff's come though, not sure what happens, his teams always find away to lose come playoffs, good team or bad team, not sure why.

Well if he's thinking past hockey then sure, he's making the right call on going to school, and good for him, if that's what he does, but hockey wise, the OHL/CHL is the way to go IMO to better your hockey career.

Good ole Butler, good caoch in the reg season, once the playoff's come though, not sure what happens, his teams always find away to lose come playoffs, good team or bad team, not sure why.
    Yeah its a tough call though. Its damn hard to make the Show.

I got another buddy going down to Halifax for a skate this week. The BS thing about the Q is, if a team from the Q wants you and you live in Ontario, you have to go through all OHL teams and they all have to pass on you before you can sign there.

Yeah its a tough call though. Its damn hard to make the Show.

I got another buddy going down to Halifax for a skate this week. The BS thing about the Q is, if a team from the Q wants you and you live in Ontario, you have to go through all OHL teams and they all have to pass on you before you can sign there.
    Yeah I knew that about the Q, that's how both Christopher DiDomenico and Claude Giroux ended up in the Q, how they both where past over by every OHL team I have no idea.

It's the same deal when a player from Q wants to come play in the OHL, every team in the Q has to to say no to that player.

Yeah I knew that about the Q, that's how both Christopher DiDomenico and Claude Giroux ended up in the Q, how they both where past over by every OHL team I have no idea.

It's the same deal when a player from Q wants to come play in the OHL, every team in the Q has to to say no to that player.
    I don't really agree with that system but whatever.

I'm interested in seeing how my 2 friends Tyler Seguin (3rd overall, Plymouth) and Christian Thomas (9th overall, London) do this year in the O.

I'm interested in seeing how my 2 friends Tyler Seguin (3rd overall, Plymouth) and Christian Thomas (9th overall, London) do this year in the O.
    I'm guessing pretty good being such high picks, just not as good as Ryan Spooner (5th overall, Peterborough)

I'm guessing pretty good being such high picks, just not as good as Ryan Spooner (5th overall, Peterborough)
    Christian Thomas probably won't do as well as that 9th overall pick suggests. His name power (dad being Steve Thomas) played a big part I believe.

Yeah I had quite a few buddies drafted last year in the O. Those 2 plus Clendening, Burlon, Chiarlitti, and a few others.

Senior Member All-Star
    Christian Thomas probably won't do as well as that 9th overall pick suggests. His name power (dad being Steve Thomas) played a big part I believe.

Yeah I had quite a few buddies drafted last year in the O. Those 2 plus Clendening, Burlon, Chiarlitti, and a few others.
    man, hop of these kids dicks.

If you wanna start name-dropping I will outname drop the shit outta you.

PS. mods don't worry, we're good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by gagne21 View Post
    man, hop of these kids dicks.

If you wanna start name-dropping I will outname drop the shit outta you.

PS. mods don't worry, we're good friends.
    haha I don't doubt it. Laplante bigger?

Oh right, I forgot about that, leave it to Hunter to draft another former NHL players son, haha, knowing Hunter though, he'll have that kid playing some awsome hockey at some point in the OHL.

Oh right, I forgot about that, leave it to Hunter to draft another former NHL players son, haha, knowing Hunter though, he'll have that kid playing some awsome hockey at some point in the OHL.
    Don't get me wrong, he's a great hockey player. He's beefed up over the summer too. He probably would've gone top 3 rounds easy but hey, he could end up being a steal at number 9, who knows.

By the way, Tyler Seguin went 9th overall to Plymouth, not 3rd overall like you said above, and Thomas went 13th overall, not 9th overall

Seeing as Thoomas played for the Toronto Marlboros, what do you know about Aaron Pearce who also played for the Marlboros last season?

By the way, Tyler Seguin went 9th overall to Plymouth, not 3rd overall like you said above, and Thomas went 13th overall, not 9th overall

Seeing as Thoomas played for the Toronto Marlboros, what do you know about Aaron Pearce who also played for the Marlboros last season?
    My bad, its been awhile since that draft haha.

No idea to be honest. I'd only know Clendening, Chiarlitti, and Thomas from the Marlies. Any of the kids on that team are pretty solid players though, them and the Jr Canadiens used to have some great games.

You're a Petes fan.

My bad, its been awhile since that draft haha.

No idea to be honest. I'd only know Clendening, Chiarlitti, and Thomas from the Marlies. Any of the kids on that team are pretty solid players though, them and the Jr Canadiens used to have some great games.

You're a Petes fan.
    Yup.

Thomas Stajan was named to the Leafs rookie team today actually. Should be a good tournament in Kitchener.

Thomas Stajan was named to the Leafs rookie team today actually. Should be a good tournament in Kitchener.
    Cool, seem to see this alot, if a team has a player and his younger bro goes un-drafted, you see the team the older one plays for (like Matt Stajan here) invite the younger bro to camp, hoping maybe he turns out alittle like his older bro.

Cool, seem to see this alot, if a team has a player and his younger bro goes un-drafted, you see the team the older one plays for (like Matt Stajan here) invite the younger bro to camp, hoping maybe he turns out alittle like his older bro.
    Didn't the Leafs invite Kyle Wellwood's younger brother, Eric, to camp as well?

Senior Member All-Star
    it's cousins, not brothers.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Didn't the Leafs invite Kyle Wellwood's younger brother, Eric, to camp as well?

Quote Originally Posted by gagne21 View Post
    it's cousins, not brothers.
    Same thing, he's still family

haha I don't doubt it. Laplante bigger?
    Camp is now on the way, and to tell you the truth, so far Laplante is not looking good at all, right now not many people are happy with the way he's playing for being one of the older guys this season on the blueline, he has younger guys playing better then him so far, alot better, I even heard one person say that if keeps playing like he is right now, he might be fighting for a job this season on the team....it's still early so time will tell I guess, two things he has on his side, his size, and he's a vet, but he could be on the outside looking in if he does not step his game up fast.
    Last edited by two24four; 08-29-2008 at 02:56 PM.

I never thought this day would come, this will be Brian Kilrea's last season coaching the Ottawa 67's.....

http://tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=248370&l...headlines_main

Also sounds like Pat Quinn will coach Team Canada at the WJHC's this Christmas....

http://tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/story/...headlines_main

Was at the Brampton Excelsior's game last night with my buddy Pereira (who has made the Battalion), and the Battalion euro Evgeny Grachev. He's a big boy who's hoping to make the Rangers this year or else he'll probably end up in the O. Interesting to talk to a Russian about the whole playing in Russia vs North America issue.
    Last edited by phaneuf6; 09-07-2008 at 09:16 AM.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Was at the Brampton Excelsior's game last night with my buddy Pereira (who has made the Battalion), and the Battalion euro Evgeny Grachev. He's a big boy who's hoping to make the Rangers this year or else he'll probably end up in the O. Interesting to talk to a Russian about the whole playing in Russia vs North America issue.
    Any unique perspective there?
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    Any unique perspective there?
    Well he for one really wanted to play hockey in North America but he said when he was talking to different teams at the combine, a lot of them didn't really trust a lot of the Russian players, including himself, because of the lack of a transfer agreement but also because of what happened with Cherepanov.

TSN ranked Hedman over Tavares for next years draft.

http://tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzi...=headlines_nhl

TSN ranked Hedman over Tavares for next years draft.

http://tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzi...=headlines_nhl
    Saw this last night, and Iam not shcoked at all, JT needs to play much better this season if he wants to go 1st overall at the draft, if not he could fall even past 2nd overall, his poor play in the playoff's last season is what is making him fall.

I do think he will have a huge season though, around 130-150 Pts.

I keep hearing this Hedman kid is the next Pronger.

One week tonight and the OHL Reg season starts.
    Last edited by two24four; 09-11-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Saw this last night, and Iam not shcoked at all, JT needs to play much better this season if he wants to go 1st overall at the draft, if not he could fall even past 2nd overall, his poor play in the playoff's last season is what is making him fall.

I do think he will have a huge season though, around 130-150 Pts.

I keep hearing this Hedman kid is the next Pronger.

One week tonight and the OHL Reg season starts.
    Its shaping up to be a good season. Some top notch prospects playing this year.

Here is something Cayuga and Habs fans might like to read about...

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/nhlnew...olumnists.atom
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Just for the record, Missiaen's Jr team the Petes is the Jr team I follow the most, they opened the OHL season tonight with a 4-1 win over Kingston, Missiaen made it back in time for the game tonight from Habs camp and looked really good, he made some big saves tonight.

I'm not sure what the Habs have planed down the road for him though with Price in net, maybe his backup in a few years, who know's, I think Missiaen will at least play one more season in the OHL after this one, so that's still a few years away.

Here is something Cayuga and Habs fans might like to read about...

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/nhlnew...olumnists.atom
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Just for the record, Missiaen's Jr team the Petes is the Jr team I follow the most, they opened the OHL season tonight with a 4-1 win over Kingston, Missiaen made it back in time for the game tonight from Habs camp and looked really good, he made some big saves tonight.

I'm not sure what the Habs have planed down the road for him though with Price in net, maybe his backup in a few years, who know's, I think Missiaen will at least play one more season in the OHL after this one, so that's still a few years away.
    Good to hear....I can't wait to see him here in Hamilton although it'll most likely be next year. I'd imagine he doesn't have to do much to stop the puck since he is 6'8", but I'd like to hear if he improves his movement and quickness. But yeah, as long as he is in Montreal's system he will be no more than Price's backup.
    “They don’t hang Conference Championship banners from the rafters here” - Carey Price

10 team contract keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG HITS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

C - Galchenyuk, Krejci, McDavid, Bjugstad, Lindberg
    LW - Parise, Hall, Landeskog, E Kane
    RW -
    Giroux, MacKinnon, Okposo, Semin, Nyquist
    D - Leddy, Maatta, Stralman, Myers, Jones, Hamonic
    G - Rinne, Quick, Dubnyk
    IR - Bogosian

Farm:
    F - Girgensens, Matteau, Boucher, Mantha, C Brown, delaRose, Scherbak, Hayes, Barkov
    D - Beaulieu, Provorov, C. Miller
    G - Hellberg, M.McDonald, Samsonov

Thread Information