Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 2944
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    So I was perfect in my West predictions for the 1st round. I got the Missy/Ottawa series perfect as well in the East. The only team I didn't have winning in the 1st round who won was Kingston who beat Hamilton in OT in game 7.

Round 2.

1. Erie vs 4. London. Erie in 7. Most years this could be the Western Conference Final.
    2. SSM vs 3. Owen Sound. Owen Sound in 6

East.

1. Peterborough vs 4. Kingston. Petes in 6. Kingston is coming off a tough 7 games series vs Hamilton where game 7 went to OT. They only get 1 day off before game 1 of round 2. Petes will have had a full week off. I think the Petes depth will win this series. Two great goalies in this one.

2. Missy vs 3. Oshawa. Missy in 6. Oshawa will go as far as goalie Jeremy Brodeur will take them. They are built more for next season.

I don't get why the OHL booked every game 7 for the 2nd round on the same night. Spread them out a bit.

OHL draft is also this Saturday. Still weird to me that they do this so early in the playoffs now with 8 teams still playing.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-05-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Feeling old enough with today's OHL draft with most of these players being 2001 born.... some of these names sure make me feel old as well.

Guelph drafted Tood Bertuzzi's son Tag 2nd overall. Same Jr team Tood played for. They then took Mason Primeau son of Wayne Primeau with the 1st pick in round 2. Some rumors that Tood Bertuzzi could be the next coach in Guelph.

Steve Staios son went 17th overall to Windsor. Nathan Perrott's son Andrew went in round 2 to London.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Feeling old enough with today's OHL draft with most of these players being 2001 born.... some of these names sure make me feel old as well.

Guelph drafted Tood Bertuzzi's son Tag 2nd overall. Same Jr team Tood played for. They then took Mason Primeau son of Wayne Primeau with the 1st pick in round 2. Some rumors that Tood Bertuzzi could be the next coach in Guelph.

Steve Staios son went 17th overall to Windsor. Nathan Perrott's son Andrew went in round 2 to London.
    Was with Todd yesterday at his house in Kitchener. He won't be coaching in Guelph - moving to Michigan. Tag doesn't want his dad coaching him in the OHL either, haha. Next coach/GM of Guelph will be George Burnett I think...

Burnett is a very good coach. Would be a good pick if they go with him.

So it's Missy vs Petes for the East Championship. Go Petes!!!!

By the way....

<-------- this guy scored a goal the other night.

So it's Missy vs Petes for the East Championship. Go Petes!!!!

By the way....

<-------- this guy scored a goal the other night.
    Haha, pretty good goal, too. If I was on Kingston I might have levelled him when he did the skate by at the bench.

Ha, yeah did not see that coming. I don't think he was trying to show them up. I also wonder if one of his teammates told him to do that. It was not till they came over that he went skating over to the bench. I doubt he does that if they had another game vs them.

Already have my tickets for game 2 vs Missy.

So far through two rounds I'm perfect with which teams and number of games they will win in for the West. I'm pretty close in the East other than Hamilton not beating Kingston in round 1 and number of games for a few.

Round 3 Conference Championships.

West.

1. Erie vs 3. Owen Sound. Erie in 6. If the OHL did the 1 vs 16 playoff format like the QMJHL rather than East vs West this very well could be the OHL Championship game. (As a Petes fan I hope not, ha)

East.

1. Peterborough vs 2. Missy. Petes in 6. So far the Petes are 8-0 in the playoffs. Missy won't be an easy out. This will be the Petes toughest test yet in the playoffs.

Went to game 2 between Missy vs Petes. Missy dominated the game. If it wasn't for Petes goalie Wells they would have won 6-0 rather than 3-0. The McLeod bros along with Tippett, Watson have just been to much for the Petes the first two games. Petes will need to step their game up big time for game 3 in Missy.

I won't be surprised if Mikey McLeod is playing for NJ next season.

If Owen Tippett doesn't go top 10 in this upcoming draft then whoever gets him after that will be getting a steal. He has a pro shot. I would find it hard to believe if anyone else in this draft has a better shot than him. In no way am I saying he's Ovechkin, he's not.... but he's got some things in his game that remind you of Ovechkin. The way he skates, shoots and his build. If he has a centre who can get him the puck he'll score lots. Craig Button in his mock draft he did had him going 10th to LA.

So it's Missy vs Erie for the OHL Championship. Missy took care of the Petes in 4 but Erie will be much, much tougher for them. Would be nice if it's a long series but I could see Erie winning this in 4 or 5. Some big name players in this series though.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    It's been so long since Erie's been in a championship series. Going to have to try and find ways to watch these games.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

They lost the OHL Championship series two years ago against Oshawa. It was McDavid's last OHL games. Oshawa found a way to shut him down in that series. Oshawa went onto win the Memorial Cup.

They lost the OHL Championship series two years ago against Oshawa. It was McDavid's last OHL games. Oshawa found a way to shut him down in that series. Oshawa went onto win the Memorial Cup.
    Hm. So they did. I don't know why, but I thought that was Conference Finals.
    Curse of the Hamster

So Erie won the OHL Championship last night. Anthony Cirelli scored the OT goal to win it. So he's now scored the OT winner for Oshawa a few years ago that won Oshawa the Memorial Cup and now the one to get Erie to the Memorial Cup. Not bad for an undrafted OHL player.

Three of the four teams are set for the Memorial Cup.

Windsor (Host)
    Saint John (QMJHL Champs)
    Erie (OHL Champs)

Just waiting on the winner of the WHL Championship which is 3-2 for Seattle vs Regina. Could have two American teams in the Memorial Cup for the first time in a long time.

Memorial Cup starts Friday.

Seattle won the WHL.

Going to take a guess at how the Memorial Cup will go....

Round Robin.

1st- Erie (3-0)
    2nd- Saint John (2-1)
    3rd- Seattle (1-2)
    4th- Windsor (0-3)

Semi final- Saint John over Seattle.

Final- Saint John over Erie.

MVP- Thomas Chabot.

Such a tough tourney to predict. It's so short, anything can happen in it.
    Last edited by two24four; 05-14-2017 at 10:47 PM.

So Erie won the OHL Championship last night. Anthony Cirelli scored the OT goal to win it. So he's now scored the OT winner for Oshawa a few years ago that won Oshawa the Memorial Cup and now the one to get Erie to the Memorial Cup. Not bad for an undrafted OHL player.

Three of the four teams are set for the Memorial Cup.

Windsor (Host)
    Saint John (QMJHL Champs)
    Erie (OHL Champs)

Just waiting on the winner of the WHL Championship which is 3-2 for Seattle vs Regina. Could have two American teams in the Memorial Cup for the first time in a long time.

Memorial Cup starts Friday.
    Was on vacation, so unfortunately didn't get to watch it, but... YEEEEEEEEES!
    Curse of the Hamster

Seattle won the WHL.

Going to take a guess at how the Memorial Cup will go....

Round Robin.

1st- Erie (3-0)
    2nd- Saint John (2-1)
    3rd- Seattle (1-2)
    4th- Windsor (0-3)

Semi final- Saint John over Seattle.

Final- Saint John over Erie.

MVP- Thomas Chabot.

Such a tough tourney to predict. It's so short, anything can happen in it.
    Windsor gets game 1

Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    Windsor gets game 1
    Yes they did. I'm not a fan of the host team winning when they've been off for so long like Windsor. I know they have to have the host team play no matter what because it draws more fans. It would be nice if they could figure something else out when this happens. I have no problem with it if the host team loses in their league final, at least they've been playing leading up to the Memorial Cup. Really not much they can do though.

If they win tonight that should put them into the semi's for sure at the very least.

Edit: Wow they sure are ready for this though.
    Last edited by two24four; 05-21-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Yes they did. I'm not a fan of the host team winning when they've been off for so long like Windsor. I know they have to have the host team play no matter what because it draws more fans. It would be nice if they could figure something else out when this happens. I have no problem with it if the host team loses in their league final, at least they've been playing leading up to the Memorial Cup. Really not much they can do though.

If they win tonight that should put them into the semi's for sure at the very least.

Edit: Wow they sure are ready for this though.

Wow indeed.

Well... Erie vs St John was certainly a game.
    Curse of the Hamster

That was just crazy. I couldn't tell if that was just Erie being way to good or Saint John not being ready. This is why teams have to be ready for this tourney right away or you could be going home before you know it. Strome with 7 points, wow! If Erie plays like that they will be tough to beat.

Now it's pretty simple. Two more round robin games.

Saint John (0-2) vs Seattle (0-2) Winner goes to semi's. Loser goes home.

Erie (2-0) vs Windsor (2-0) Winner goes right to the Memorial Cup final. Loser goes to the semi's.

Saint John (0-2) vs Seattle (0-2) Winner goes to semi's. Loser goes home.

Erie (2-0) vs Windsor (2-0) Winner goes right to the Memorial Cup final. Loser goes to the semi's.
    I'm not familiar enough with the Mem Cup to know this: Are ties possible in the round robin?
    Curse of the Hamster

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    I'm not familiar enough with the Mem Cup to know this: Are ties possible in the round robin?
    Yes they are. It does happen from time to time. Thursday night would have been the tie breaker game between two teams had it happened this year. It will just be an off night for them now before the semi's.

Yes they are. It does happen from time to time. Thursday night would have been the tie breaker game between two teams had it happened this year. It will just be an off night for them now before the semi's.
    Interesting. I actually meant to ask whether it was possible for the individual games to end in ties, though.
    Curse of the Hamster

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    Interesting. I actually meant to ask whether it was possible for the individual games to end in ties, though.
    Oh my bad, ha. I'm pretty sure it's the same as the playoffs. Play till someone scores.

Last three games have ended in scores of 7-2, 12-5 and 7-0.

The team lost 12-5 is the same team who won 7-0 the very next night. Jr hockey at it's best.

Sudbury Wolves hired former NHL'er and former Petes player I might add Cory Stillman as their new head coach. Also it sounds like he's taking another former NHL'er and former Petes player who just finished his first season as a Petes assistant coach Kurtis Foster with him as an assistant.
    Last edited by two24four; 05-25-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Cory Stillman, wow there's a blast from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Cory Stillman, wow there's a blast from the past.
    Sure is. He's one of the players I grew up watching when he played for the Petes.

All OHL final.

Thread Information