Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899
Results 2,941 to 2,958 of 2958

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Windsor came ready to play in every game that is for sure. But I still don't like how a team who was off for 44 days can win while the other three teams have to earn their way the hard way. Windsor had 44 days to get healthy and it came down to them having fresh legs. It's the one thing I've never liked from this tourney. But it's hard to change.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Windsor came ready to play in every game that is for sure. But I still don't like how a team who was off for 44 days can win while the other three teams have to earn their way the hard way. Windsor had 44 days to get healthy and it came down to them having fresh legs. It's the one thing I've never liked from this tourney. But it's hard to change.
    Yeah that is tough, but I'm still

Jeff Marek posted this on twitter. He's talking about the CHL import draft tomorrow.

London picks 49th. What are the odds the Knights select Timothy Liljegren and the Leafs prospect ends up playing in the OHL?
    I was thinking this the other day. Remember Mark Hunter is part owner of the Knights where his bro Dale still coaches. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Jeff Marek posted this on twitter. He's talking about the CHL import draft tomorrow.

I was thinking this the other day. Remember Mark Hunter is part owner of the Knights where his bro Dale still coaches. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
    I suppose it depends on whether they think Knights' D coach is better for development than playing against men in Sweden (or the AHL if they wanted) would be.
    Curse of the Hamster

London did a great job with Maatta, Zadorov, Juolevi.

London did a great job with Maatta, Zadorov, Juolevi.
    Well... those still remain to be seen at the NHL level...
    Curse of the Hamster

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    Well... those still remain to be seen at the NHL level...
    Yes but nothng the Jr teams can do once they leave. All they can do is help them get better while they have them, which they did here with all three. Trust me I'm also no Knights fan at all when I say this.

Whoa. Niagara just took Liljegren 13th overall in the CHL import draft.

Wonder if they talked to him, or took a swing in the dark like some teams do in this draft.
    Last edited by two24four; 06-28-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Whoa. Niagara just took Liljegren 13th overall in the CHL import draft.

Wonder if they talked to him, or took a swing in the dark like some teams do in this draft.
    I imagine swing in the dark? Maybe they think they can leverage the Hunters and turn him into a bunch of assets?

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    I imagine swing in the dark? Maybe they think they can leverage the Hunters and turn him into a bunch of assets?
    They can't trade him for a full year. At worst I would think just keeping him away from London. Best case for them is he shows up to camp.

Missed this during the expansion and draft activity, but I see now that Darren Raddysh signed an AHL contract with Rockford during the expansion draft freeze. This surprised me a bit as I really thought he could have gotten an NHL contract from someone (not that he'd have played in the NHL immediately). Does he really like the Blackhawks organization, or something? And also, are players on AHL contracts also subject to being restricted free agents? The AHL contract is only for a year.
    Curse of the Hamster

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    Missed this during the expansion and draft activity, but I see now that Darren Raddysh signed an AHL contract with Rockford during the expansion draft freeze. This surprised me a bit as I really thought he could have gotten an NHL contract from someone (not that he'd have played in the NHL immediately). Does he really like the Blackhawks organization, or something? And also, are players on AHL contracts also subject to being restricted free agents? The AHL contract is only for a year.
    Maybe Raddysh wants to continue playing with DeBrincat in Rockford? Maybe they are buddy's. I don't have answer for the second question. Maybe someone else knows?

They can't trade him for a full year. At worst I would think just keeping him away from London. Best case for them is he shows up to camp.
    I figured there'd be some sort of restriction. Niagara isn't bad. We just had a Russian kid drafted by Charlottetown... tough sell.

Yeah no doubt.

Sounds like Liljegren's agent has said he wont be coming to the OHL. Which is no shocker.

Petes drafted some Russian D man I've never heard if. Sounds like he's not bad. Hopefully he shows for camp.

Yeah no doubt.

Sounds like Liljegren's agent has said he wont be coming to the OHL. Which is no shocker.

Petes drafted some Russian D man I've never heard if. Sounds like he's not bad. Hopefully he shows for camp.
    Asked a contact about him. Said he's a big body, but doesn't use his body as much as he could. Can be bad in his own end but good potential.

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Asked a contact about him. Said he's a big body, but doesn't use his body as much as he could. Can be bad in his own end but good potential.
    Thanks! Hopefully they can work with him on getting better.

If they all comeback the Petes could have 4 Russian born players this upcoming season. With onlythis new guy taking an import spot. The other three all moved here before being drafted.

Thread Information