Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If it were me or you, for what he just did we would of been in jail with no bound. Matt Jones is in some trouble with this one.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    If it were me or you, for what he just did we would of been in jail with no bound. Matt Jones is in some trouble with this one.
    Apparently not...

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    Chris Mortensen, of ESPN.com, reports Dave Butz, agent for unrestricted free-agent WR Matt Jones (Jaguars), said the NFL told Jones he would be fined but not suspended as a result of his violation of a court-mandated drug program.
    This news will certainly help him sign with someone... I have read that the Jags were actually looking to resign him anyway saying that he can help the passing game out.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Times-Union
    Vito Stellino, of The Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars WR Troy Williamson has had a strong showing during organized activities this week.
    Must make Vikings fans angry to hear Williamson is impressing someone. The thing that plays against him making the team is the addition of Torry Holt and the Jags drafting three receivers in the draft. The thing that helps him is Mike Tice is one of the assistant coaches.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by ProFootballWeekly.com
    Matt Sohn, from ProFootballWeekly.com, reports the club has already penciled in 5-foot-8 rookie Mike Thomas for the slot job, believing he has dynamite open-field agility with receivers flanking him on both sides.
    Just another name to be aware of... Wih Torry Holt and Mike Walker starting, Thomas will do damage in the slot. He is quick and can run after the catch. Thomas will be the security blanket for Garrard when the blitz comes.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguars.com
    Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports that Jacksonville WR Mike Walker suffered a lower leg injury in the scrimmage on Saturday, August 8. Head coach Jack Del Rio said "they don't think it's anything serious". X-ray were taken and they came back negative.
    Kinda frustrating for Walker since there was so much positive with him up until the injury. Should be considered a keeper, but let him show he can stay on the field before you place him on your roster.

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Jags sign DE Aaron Kampman

Good signing for them IMO.

They also signed Osgood from SD, and overpayed a lot. He's not a worthwhile WR, and paying that much for a pro bowl special teams guy seems like a TMMS move
    Last edited by Hockeyis#1; 03-08-2010 at 04:50 AM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Doesn't it only matter for 2011 where they can release him?

GBay is going to regret letting Kampman go...even if he doesn't fir their system perfectly.

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Doesn't it only matter for 2011 where they can release him?
    For who??

Tyson Alualu. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did Rachel Phelps buy the Jags?

Raiders trade Kirk Morrison and a 5th to the Jags for their 4th rounder.

After that god awful draft, Jacksonville has now hired defensive line coach Joe Cullen. You might remember Cullen as the guy that was arrested for hitting the Wendy's drive-thru naked and drunk in Detroit. http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...reconstruction

I actually believe that Rachel Phelps indeed owns the Jags now.

This still cracks me:

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Nice win over Indy today for the Jags.

When was the last time Indy had 2 L's at this point in the season.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHWvb_uLrqg&feature=related"]YouTube - 50 yard touchdown ! Texans vs Jaguars Hail Mary nov 14 2010[/ame]

Unreal.

i know they teach DB's to swat the ball down, but isn't it just easier to catch it sometimes? Or atleast if you're gonig to bat the ball away, bat it out of bounds not in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    i know they teach DB's to swat the ball down, but isn't it just easier to catch it sometimes? Or atleast if you're gonig to bat the ball away, bat it out of bounds not in front of you.
    A safety would have lost the game for them.

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HT9 View Post
    What? There's no way for them to give up a safety there.

As for going for int instead of batting.... dude did an awful job of batting the ball, you're supposed to knock it to the ground, not in front of you.

it would be a touchback, not a safety!

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Guy did the right thing. He just didn't execute it well and the WR made a great catch. It would be easy for me to sit here and question the direction that he tried to knock a 55+ yard pass. You overthink it and then you can swing and miss. 99 out of 100 times, that play works.

I dont know if we have any Jags fan here, but your welcome you are now 1st place in your divsion for the 1st time at this point in the season.

Trades up.... Blaine Gabbert! I actually think he is gonna be the best of Newton, Locker.....although I like Locker.

Jags signed Paul Posluszny to a 6 year deal, good deal if he can stay healthy, gets him out of the AFC East as well

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Jags signed Paul Posluszny to a 6 year deal, good deal if he can stay healthy, gets him out of the AFC East as well

Yeah but now he has to face the Colts and Texans... Not sure if he is making out here. Either way, if he stays healthy, I like the fit in Jacksonville.

Jaga signed Clint Session 5 years, $30M.

Ughhhh...... The Jacksonville Jaguars. What the hell can I say about the Jags? Hey, they weren't the worst of the worst!

The Jags aren't as bad off as they may seem to be. They just didn't know how to put it all together. MJ-D still a a threat.....and leading rusher despite missing 10 games. A pair of receivers, Justin Blackmon and Cecil Shorts will find their fantasy draft values respectible. Don't think either will be considered "sleepers" next season. The QB carousel of Gabbert and Henne are above average, but less than desireable if that makes sense.

The Jags have a lot of issues. They can't protect the QB. Gabbert (Henne, or whoever is brought it) will surely look and feel subpar until the Jags can give some protection. The defense is an issue, too. I know they brought in Babin after the Eagles cut him, but he alone surely isn't the answer.

The GM was fired and the GM will have a say in whether or not Coach Mularkey stays. Owner Khan likes Mularkey, but isn't committed and is willing to make any move necessary to improve the team. He still wants to deliver his promise to the Jacksonville fans, all 14 of them, their first Super Bowl. His team is a far off. Not a long way, but far enough where it won't be next year since the Jags have to contend with the Texans and the Colts in their division, and don't look past the Titans. So, a division win isn't in the future that I can see, and a lot of work has to be done to obtain a Wild Card spot.

Looking at the draft.........they need everything. Assuming KC keeps the first pick and takes a QB, as I mentioned projected Smith, but IMO hopefully Barkley, I don't think Jax goes QB here. I do believe they still have enough belief in Gabbert. And all the rumors swirling around that has Tebow coming to the Jags should likely have the Jags looking at either the offensive line or defense. With that I am saying, they need to go with Luke Joeckel. He will be a strong key in protecting whomever is under center. If they don't go O-Line here, I am looking at Jarvis Jones who is a Von Miller type. He'll make opposing QBs uneasy from game one. I can see the Jags picking up a QB later in the draft, say somewhere in the 3-4 round range. I can also assume that this QB will battle Gabbert for the back-up role. This is assuming if all the Tebow rumors pan out.

Now there are a mass overabundance of Tebow haters, so I am sure I'll hear a lot of backlash about him, but if he is brought in to Jax. He will be the #1. He won't just be a "wildcat QB" only getting in a handful of plays. If they are going to commit to Tebow, they will need to upgrade the O-line dramatically via FA and draft. They will also have to rely on MJ-D making a full recovery from the knee and foot issues he's had. He has the receivers (and TE) to help his passing game. He's also mobile enough and big enough where he can make plays with his own legs. He won in NCAA(F) and he won in Denver. There is no reason to believe that he can't do it elsewhere. Despite the popular belief, TEBOW was the best QB in NYJ. Sanchez is shitbox, I've said it from day one. Rex for whatever reason didn't believe in him and he was just an owner grab looking for headlines in the newspaper. The Jets would have been more productive if they used him. I even took a futures play that he would lead that damn team in rushing TDs. Thanks Rex for f*cking that up.

Once the draft and off-season moves have been firmly cemented, I'll comeback with my 2013 outlooks.

Thread Information