Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Well... I guess you can only lose to a team so many times before you start really hating them. Great rivalry. I always look fwd to Balt/Pitt games. It'll be extra fun watching Big Ben and the Steelers beat up on their egos a little more this season!

Terrell Suggs and his t-shirt don't like the Pittsburgh Steelers

Some people figuratively wear their emotions on their sleeves. Terrell Suggs literally has it printed on his back. And all classy-like too, I might add.

So deep is the Baltimore Ravens linebacker's dislike of the Pittsburgh Steelers that he's taken to wearing a shirt that reads "You Bet Your Sweet Ass I Hate The Steelers" under his jersey during practice.

Suggs told the Baltimore Sun that he saw the shirt in a store and thought, "oh, that's nice for camp." The front of it reads "YBYSA", an acronym for what appears on the back (and something that sounds like something Drago said at the end of the bout in Rocky IV.)

This isn't the first time Suggs has made his thoughts about Pittsburgh known. Last year he got into a bit of hot water for suggesting that his team had put a bounty out on Hines Ward. (Ever the gentleman, Ward politely reminded Suggs of the NFL policy against such actions.)

It's only natural that Suggs, his teammates and Ravens fans would hate Pittsburgh though. The Steelers are a model franchise, have had more historical and recent success (including three wins over the Ravens last year) and, most importantly, don't have to live in Baltimore.

The feeling is mutual in Pittsburgh, if a little bit more understated. It's not that the Steelers and their fans don't hate the Ravens, but I always get the sense that Baltimore has much stronger feelings about the whole thing. (It's the same thing with the Maryland-Duke rivalry in college basketball.) I mean, do you think James Harrison would be caught dead wearing a Ravens diss shirt to Steelers camp?
    There is a novelty sports gift shop in the Inner Harbor that has these shirts. They have shirts saying almost the same thing about the Yankees and Red Sox also. Hahaha...
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore Sun
    Jamison Hensley, from the Baltimore Sun, reports that besides the Statue of Liberty play to Ray Rice against the New York Jets, Willis McGahee has carried the ball on five of the Ravens' six runs inside the 5-yard line ( Le'Ron McClain had the other rushing attempt). McGahee scored on a 1-yard run in the second quarter Saturday, showing he can still punch the ball into the end zone. In five NFL seasons, he has 38 rushing touchdowns. "I love the goal line," McGahee said. "It's a hit-or-miss play. Nine times out of 10, I want it to be a hit."
    Ummmmm.......If I was a running back, I would want it to be a hit 10 out of 10 times. But this is one of those spots that one guys does the work and another gets the reward. I am still not drafting McGahee.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Well said
    Quote Originally Posted by deadspin
    Derrick Mason's Response To Keyshawn's Raven-Bashing: "You're The Bum!"

By Nash Landesman, 1:15 PM on Mon Sep 14 2009,

Gifted trash talkers as they are, Keyshawn Johnson and Cris Carter's insults do not always prove true. After shitting all over Baltimore's offense by calling Joe Flacco "a bum," the Ravens exploded Sunday and fired back at the analysts.
    Who's the bum now? Derrick Mason demanded to know following Baltimore's 500 yard, 38-point offensive showcase against the Chiefs yesterday.
    In the wake of that victory, the former retiree WR made this rebuttal to current retiree WRs Keyshawn Johnson and Cris Carter:
    Keyshawn Johnson is the bum, that's why he's in the analyst seat. He tried to come back to football but no one would sign him. He was never that good a player. He got lucky and signed on in Tampa Bay and won a Super Bowl because they had a great defense.
    "Just look at the two people doing the criticizing, that's all I'm saying. Keyshawn was overrated and Carter is in the same boat I'm in. He doesn't have a Super Bowl ring either. He's in the analyst seat without a ring. At least I'm playing. He still wants to play but he can't anymore. We're the bums? That's why you're in the analyst seat. Just be quiet and keep dreaming you still could play.
    http://deadspin.com/5358960/derrick-...-youre-the-bum

Madness out there tonight. So far there have been 9 pass interference penalites and there's still time left in the 4th. Craziness.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Yeah, really painful and annoying game to watch. But almost every PI call was legit. People just got too physicall at the end of catches and QBs kept throwing underthrown long bombs forcing those little fights.

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Ok, calling Keyshawn Johnson a bum is one thing, but Cris Carter is bonafide Hall of Famer and arguably a top 5 all time WR. Derrick Mason is not. That's like if Paul Kariya called Marcel Dionne or Jaromir Jagr a bum. Ridiculous.

Plus, you trounched the Chiefs I'm sure that made a statement to the rest of the league about what a powerhouse you are.

Senior Member All-Star
    Two TDs called back because of penalties, a dropped TD in the endzone, and a INT called back because of a penalty. That's gotta make the coach a little angry, they had that game won and gave it away

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    This DEF looks awesome. (as usual)

*Derrick Mason scored over 6 TDs this season
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

It appears my week 3 pick of the Ravens to win the bowl is looking okay. Keep it up boys. Fuck the Patriots!

I don't think we have Ravens fans on this board, but damn I'm glad they beat them.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    I don't think we have Ravens fans on this board, but damn I'm glad they beat them.
    They don't allow internet access in prison.

Pretty dominant showing and you gotta love Shady and company going down but I really want to see Indy knock these guys in the teeth next weekend.

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    They don't allow internet access in prison.

Pretty dominant showing and you gotta love Shady and company going down but I really want to see Indy knock these guys in the teeth next weekend.
    Very Unlikely IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post

Very Unlikely IMO
    You think Indy will lose to the Ravens ?

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    You think Indy will lose to the Ravens ?
    It would not shock me if they did, if they come out ready to play like they did Sunday they just might be able to knock off Indy.

Senior Member All-Star Motorcat's Avatar
    I think Indy will win but the Ravens are a scary team to be playing right now......... Ray Rice are crew are beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    It would not shock me if they did, if they come out ready to play like they did Sunday they just might be able to knock off Indy.
    Sadly I will agree that it could def. happen and that will once again raise the question of resting your starters before the playoffs... good idea or a bad idea? Sometimes I think it's better to go into the post running on all 4 cylinders the way the Ravens are. I'm pretty sure it wasn't too long ago that the Colts pulled a rest our guys at the end of the season only to flop out of the playoffs rather quickly? If they do happen to get booted out this weekend at home I bet the people in Indy are gonna be raising a ton of questions about sitting their guys. Especially considering that the issue has already been brought up this year due to the potential for Indy to have a perfect season.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    The question of benching vs playing is worthless because no matter what the playing side always loses when any starter gets injured, whereas the benching side never loses because you can't ever say a loss was because you benched players 3 weeks ago, the logic just doesn't work. So no matter what, benching your players always wins, theres just no other way to cut it.

Thanks Indy!

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Baltimore's D came back from the dead. This team desperately needs receiving help.

Senior Member All-Star
    Looks like Donte Stallworth is signing in Baltimore for a year at $900k:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Guess they're hoping he can return to his 2005 form

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    Anquan Boldin to the Ravens:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

They only gave a 3rd and 4th for him so that's not so bad. I'd say there's a good chance Mason won't be back now, Boldin's an upgrade over him anyways, just gotta be a little wary of his health.

Quote Originally Posted by boredguy View Post
    Anquan Boldin to the Ravens:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

They only gave a 3rd and 4th for him so that's not so bad. I'd say there's a good chance Mason won't be back now, Boldin's an upgrade over him anyways, just gotta be a little wary of his health.
    He's the toughest WR in the league for me. That guy will run all the dirty routes, and run block for you. I think its a perfect fit.

Joe Flacco - Merry Christmas.

Obviously not happy to see Boldin here but I do agree - should be a perfect fit.

Joe Flacco - Merry Christmas.

Obviously not happy to see Boldin here but I do agree - should be a perfect fit.
    Me neither...and they didn't need to give up much to get him either!

Sergio Kindle. There's the Kindle pick.

Terrence Cody. Thought he would have gone sooner.

Newsome is one of my favorites to watch on draft day, he may be the best going right now.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Houshmandzadeh has signed a one year deal with the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Houshmandzadeh has signed a one year deal with the Ravens.
    A very good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    A very good signing.
    Great signing for the Ravens though his fantasy value takes a huge hit since he will be the 3rd-4th option in that offense behind Rice, Boldin, and Mason. Thankfully I didn't draft him in any leagues.

Thread Information