Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Baltimore Ravens

Well..... If Flacco is the saviour of Baltimore, his job just got a little bit tougher... Although I would much rather have Flacco out there regardless of the circumstances then that douche Kyle Boller.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore Sun
    Facing a toe injury that he knew would hinder his ability, Baltimore Ravens LT Jonathan Ogden said today that he will announce his retirement tomorrow. Ogden, 33, has been voted to the Pro Bowl in 11 of 12 NFL seasons. "It took a little while to decide," Ogden said. "You just can't make a decision like this overnight."
    1st player ever drafted by the Baltimore Ravens -- AS THE RAVENS not going back to Cleveland days.

Pro-Bowl 11 of 12 seasons.

Odds are pretty great he will become the first ever player elected to the Ravens Hall of Fame.

I'd say he done well.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Oh he should get into Ravens HOF in a heartbeat. He has done great over his career. It's a shame he will be gone.............for Flacco that is!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carroll County Times
    The Baltimore Ravens are expected to meet again next week with the agent for first-round quarterback Joe Flacco, who's slated to compete for a starting job with Kyle Boller and Troy Smith. The Ravens have had four meetings with Flacco's agent and are intent on signing Flacco so he can report on time for training camp July 21 in Westminster. Flacco has expressed confidence that a proposed five-year contract will be completed soon although his agent sounded like there wasn't a big rush. "Nothing cooking right now," said agent Joe Linta, who represents Flacco. "I will probably talk to the Ravens again next week."
    This one is pretty simple. Pay Flacco. Unless you want to go another season with Boller and Troy Smith. If Flacco sits out camp, there is a small chance that he will play this year, like JaMarcus Russell last year and Philip Rivers a few years ago. Give him some money. Get him in camp. Give him the ball. Shit on Boller.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    This one is pretty simple. Pay Flacco. Unless you want to go another season with Boller and Troy Smith. If Flacco sits out camp, there is a small chance that he will play this year, like JaMarcus Russell last year and Philip Rivers a few years ago. Give him some money. Get him in camp. Give him the ball. Shit on Boller.
    To update Flacco.... They got it done.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN

The Baltimore Ravens and rookie first-round pick Joe Flacco agreed to a five-year contract worth up to $30 million, agent Joe Linta said Wednesday night. The deal includes $8.75 million in guaranteed money.
    The signing ensures that Flacco will have a fair chance to compete for the starting quarterback job in Baltimore when the team reports to training camp next week. The rookie from the University of Delaware will battle Troy Smith and Kyle Boller in a three-way race this summer.

"The most important part of this contract is that it is done before July 21st," Linta said. "They're excited, Joe's excited, I'm excited. I don't know anybody that is not excited."
    Good for Flacco. I think he has the skill and tools to win the job outright. Not that he's competing against any big-time QBs. The only thing I can hope for Flacco is that the team doesn't abandon him if he does win the job and doesn't perform right away. Just as I argued Russell last year, I am a firm believer that a QB should actually sit and really learn the system, but if he can take the job from the start... go for it. Flacco, Ryan, Henne... All could be first year starters week 1.

Ryan - Yes
    Flacco - Maybe
    Henne - I doubt it.

Being Week 1 starters.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Ryan - Yes
    Flacco - Maybe
    Henne - I doubt it.

Being Week 1 starters.
    I agree but Flacco and Henne won't sit long.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Country View Post
    I agree but Flacco and Henne won't sit long.
    I agree with this, I think both are starting by week 5, if not alot sooner.

Minor news if you are in a league that uses IDPs. Sypniewski wasn't going to be drafted in any league as far as I can see anyway... But, with two TEs on injured reserve, Todd Heap better stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Football Weekly
    In an expected move, the Baltimore Ravens have placed TE Quinn Sypniewski on injured reserve. Sypniewski suffered a knee injury earlier in the spring. Rookie TE Scott Kuhn was also placed on injured reserve with a knee injury. In other news, the team also waived LB Mike Smith after agreeing to an injury settlement with the fourth-year player. Smith missed last season with a shoulder injury.

Baltimore Ravens WR Mark Clayton, who was supposed to compete with Demetrius Williams for a starting spot, has been running exclusively with the first team this week because of Williams' injury. "From my standpoint, his focus and his enthusiasm has really shown up," Ravens WR coach Jim Hostler said. "So I'm assuming he's in a better place. He's communicated to me that his personal life is in better shape. If your personal life is in order, working is a lot easier. But when it's not, it's hard."
    The NFL is all about opportunity... or should I say, more about taking advantage of your opportunity. Seems like Clayton will make the most of his chance here.

Quote Originally Posted by AP

Ravens tight end Todd Heap limped off the field Saturday morning with a right calf injury.
    His calf was wrapped as he left the field during the final minutes of practice. The injury did not initially appear to be serious.
    Hopefully this is not serious... Baltimore needs Heap. However, are we surprised? If Heap can't go...the next TE in line is Daniel Wilcox. Keep an eye.

who is throwing the ball over there anyways??

who is throwing the ball over there anyways??
    It better bet Joe Flacco. F* Boller!

Baltimore Ravens rookie running back Ray Rice has been enduring punishing hits and bouncing off tackles, as well as honing his skills catching passes out of the backfield. Mostly, though, team officials took notice of his toughness and hard-nosed nature. Rice never complained while taking virtually every snap with starter Willis McGahee sidelined due to a knee injury with three other running backs injured, too. "I was impressed with the way he came through that," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "He learned how to pick up blitzes. He was dog-tired, and he stepped in the A gap and hit linebackers in the face. That's not easy to do."
    Good news for those that like sleepers... Way to go Ray Rice. Earn a spot!

On snap.......... Hop on that Ray Rice, NOW!

Baltimore Ravens star running back Willis McGahee is scheduled to undergo
    arthroscopic surgery on his left knee as soon as today in South Florida.

McGahee’s knee has been bothering him since shortly after reporting to training camp in Westminster and he hasn’t been practicing lately. This is regarded as a clean-up medical procedure.

Because it generally takes two weeks to a month to recover from a knee scope, McGahee could possibly return for the Sept. 7 season-opener against the Cincinnati Bengals.
    We'll see how long he is out!

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Dammitt.......theres goes the sleeper status
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    On snap.......... Hop on that Ray Rice, NOW!

We'll see how long he is out!
    hmm. as always, thanks for taking the time out to give us the 411

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Glad I picked Rice in out keeper league now KK

Now if only SJ would get his ass into camp.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh has announced that Troy Smith will be the starting quarterback for Saturday's preseason game against the St. Louis Rams. "He will play as much as we need to have him play," Harbaugh commented on Wednesday. "We need to find out more about Troy Smith. He needs those reps. He needs them against a defense in a third preseason game where they're game-planning him a little bit and we'll see how he does." During the preseason, Smith has completed eight of his 17 passes for 99 yards with no touchdowns and one interception.
    This makes sense to me... If I was Baltimore, I would not want to have to go with Boller for another game, and Joe Flacco could use more time in the system.

Coach John Harbaugh left open the possibility that rookie first-round pick Joe Flacco could jump back into contention for a starting job that seemed to be between Smith and Kyle Boller.
    Rushed into his first start Saturday, Flacco completed 18 of 37 passes for 152 yards and a touchdown.

Asked whether the competition might now include three quarterbacks instead of two, Harbaugh said: "We'll see. That's a fair question. I just don't know the answer."
    Here is one of those instances where I don't recommend giving a first your QB the ball right away. Baltimore's receivers aren't that great. Don't send him out there too soon. Let him learn on the sidelines. Give Smith the job. F* Boller.

Here is one of those instances where I don't recommend giving a first your QB the ball right away. Baltimore's receivers aren't that great. Don't send him out there too soon. Let him learn on the sidelines. Give Smith the job. F* Boller.
    yet you think putting Ryan in as the starter is a good idea!! You are so hypocritical!!

yet you think putting Ryan in as the starter is a good idea!! You are so hypocritical!!
    Fucktard..... do you ever read anything or is it just selective?????? If you read in the Falcons thread, you would have seen that I said, I normally don't like 1st year QBs getting the ball right away. There are few instances where it makes sense. The Falcons situation is one of them. Ryan is far more along than Flacco is right now. The Falcons have a decent receiving group whereas the Ravens are lacking. Ryan was brought in to erase the Vick image. Flacco should have been brought in to erase the Boller image, but Boller is still around. Another spot where I think a 1st year spot woulda made sense is Henne in Miami. But they went another route and brought Pennington in there. I would have put Henne in over McCown or Beck. With Pennington in there, although I really don't like him that much, I would stick with him over Henne at this point. Pay attention. I didn't like the Raiders throwing Russell in right away... Different situations for different spots. 90% of the time I don't like it. But occassionally it fits.

KK REJOICE!!!

Boller could be out for year

Kyle Boller, QB BAL
    News: The Carroll County Times reports there's a growing fear within the organization that QB Kyle Boller might be out for the season with a fairly serious injury to his throwing shoulder. Boller underwent an MRI, and the initial results weren't favorable. Team officials are awaiting results of a second medical opinion regarding an injury that stems from a brutal hit the former starter absorbed against the Minnesota Vikings. Boller was unable to throw Tuesday and struggles to raise his arm over his head. While jogging onto the field in sweatpants and a baseball cap, Boller never moved his right arm and crossed his left arm across his body to scratch his right ear.

KK REJOICE!!!

Boller could be out for year

Kyle Boller, QB BAL
    News: The Carroll County Times reports there's a growing fear within the organization that QB Kyle Boller might be out for the season with a fairly serious injury to his throwing shoulder. Boller underwent an MRI, and the initial results weren't favorable. Team officials are awaiting results of a second medical opinion regarding an injury that stems from a brutal hit the former starter absorbed against the Minnesota Vikings. Boller was unable to throw Tuesday and struggles to raise his arm over his head. While jogging onto the field in sweatpants and a baseball cap, Boller never moved his right arm and crossed his left arm across his body to scratch his right ear.
    As the sky turns into white puffy clouds with a giant bright light decending and harp music playing in the background...........

Imagine if Grossman goes out for the year too... Oh man...

As the sky turns into white puffy clouds with a giant bright light decending and harp music playing in the background...........

Imagine if Grossman goes out for the year too... Oh man...
    If that happens, play the lottery man!!

A little more on Boller.

There's a growing fear within the Baltimore Ravens organization that veteran quarterback Kyle Boller might be out for the season with a fairly serious injury to his throwing shoulder. Boller underwent a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exam, and the initial results weren't favorable. Team officials are awaiting results of a second medical opinion regarding an injury that stems from a brutal hit the former starter absorbed against the Minnesota Vikings. Boller was unable to throw Tuesday and struggles to raise his arm over his head.
    If he is struggling to raise his arm over his head, why the need for a second opinion??? Anyway, I know this is wrong, but the injury to Boller may be a blessing in disguise. I don't wish ill-will on anyone, but Boller really isn't a good NFL QB.

Ravens rookie QB Joe Flacco got his second straight start Thursday against the Atlanta Falcons while Troy Smith continues to sit out with fever related to tonsilitis.
    With Boller's injury questions, Smith's tonsilitis - could we see Flacco as starter next week in the regular season? Odds are looking good. Still not sure I would sent Flacco right into the fire, but they may not have a choice.

Boller update.

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    It was announced on Wednesday that Baltimore Ravens quarterback Kyle Boller has a partially torn labrum in his throwing shoulder. The specific nature of Boller's injury had previously been unknown. Boller is going to try particular treatments in the coming week, and if those treatments are not successful, he may require surgery. "Kyle Boller could play again this season," general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "That could change, but this is good news."
    Ozzie has got to be the most optimistic person in the world if a torn labrum is GOOD NEWS.

More on Boller/Smith/Flacco...

The medical saga of Baltimore Ravens quarterback Troy Smith took another negative turn as his tonsil infection flared up again Thursday morning and he was hospitalized, missing the preseason finale against the Atlanta Falcons. Smith is expected to be at Union Memorial Hospital for at least two days, and is being given intravenous fluids to combat the infection. Smith hasn't practiced in a week due to swollen tonsils and other symptoms, including fever and nausea. However, team spokesman Kevin Byrne said that Smith is not going to need to have his tonsils removed. Smith has reportedly lost roughly 13 pounds.
    Congrats Flacco on getting the starting job???

The Baltimore Ravens are expected to explore the quarterback market and are rumored to have interest in Chris Simms, who got his wish when he was cut by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Other potential suitors for Simms include the Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears. As an unrestricted free agent, Simms is not subject to the waiver system and is free to sign with any team.
    Makes sense with the QB issues Balitmore has.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Petersburg Times
    Stephen Holder of the St. Petersburg Times is reporting that the Baltimore Ravens have opted to sign veteran QB Joey Harrington over QB Chris Simms and QB Todd Bouman.
    Ehh.... Harrington, Simms... 6 and 1/2 dozen.

Thread Information