Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AP

Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer is listed as questionable for the team's final preseason game this Saturday night against the New Orleans Saints with a broken nose. Palmer is expected to be ready for the regular season opener.
    Lewis said in a statement Sunday that Palmer had a small crack in one of his nose bones and it took doctors about 10 minutes to put it back in place.
    Not a huge deal, but do the Bengals really need any more grief than they already have?
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

there isn't a damn thing going right for the Bengals this year. I honestly don't see them doing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    there isn't a damn thing going right for the Bengals this year. I honestly don't see them doing very well.
    The crazy thing about it is that they really have a talented core... Palmer, Johnson, Johnson, Housh, Watson......
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    The crazy thing about it is that they really have a talented core... Palmer, Johnson, Johnson, Housh, Watson......
    that's what pisses me off come draft day!!

that's what pisses me off come draft day!!
    .......which is coming in less than a week!

.......which is coming in less than a week!
    oh the countdown has begun!!

is the War Room ready yet?

oh the countdown has begun!!

is the War Room ready yet?
    Haven't seen your ass down here yet to clean the bitch?????

Haven't seen your ass down here yet to clean the bitch?????
    You haven't said when!! I've said I would be there any day you wanted! Seriously, e-mail man.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    ESPN's John Clayton is reporting that a source divulged to him that Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Johnson has a partially torn labrum in his left shoulder. Originally believed to have sustained a sprained shoulder, the source said that Johnson is expected to wear a harness and may be able to avoid surgery and play this season.
    This is big since we originally were hearing that it was a sprained shoulder. Kellen Winslow played through last season with a similar injury. Difference is if the Bengals are sitting 2-4, 2-5 or worse and 85 takes a big hit, how motivated will he be to fight through the pain and continue to not have surgery? Now the big twist in this whole thing is the return of Chris Henry. If he can stay out of jail, and believe me it isn't a given that he can... He will likely be the guy to see a lot of balls thrown his way. Could be worth a later round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that the Cincinnati Bengals are shipping RB Rudi Johnson in trade talks. On ESPN's Monday Night Countdown, Mortensen said they're asking for a "real receiver" who could help out if WR Chad Johnson suffers a setback in his recovery from a partially torn labrum.
    This actually is saying two things...

1) The Bengals believe that the injury is more serious than what is being lead on right now.

2) The Bengals have a lot of confidence in Watson and Perry to run the ship on the ground.

It would be interesting to see where Rudi would end up. Actually read an article last night saying that they contacted Arizona about Anquan Boldin, but nothing official about how the call went. Boldin would definitely lift the spirits of the Bengals and their fans and wouldn't put as much pressure on Ocho Cinco. Johnson would actually strengthen Arizona's run game even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati Inquierer
    Cincinnati Bengals RB Rudi Johnson said this afternoon he would not be surprised to be traded. "They've been trying to get me out of here for a long time," Johnson said after practicing for the second day in a row. "It's part of the league. It's part of the game." HC Marvin Lewis said that it "makes no sense for me to confirm or deny anything involving a player." Meanwhile, WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, practiced today for the second day in a row and said he experienced no pain or soreness out of the ordinary. He said whether he plays Thursday night in the preseason finale is Lewis' decision. QB Carson Palmer said he would not play against the Colts. DE Eric Henderson, who has missed all of the preseason, had an ice bag on his right hamstring after practice.
    The team needs all the breaks they can get, so good to see Housh back out there.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Stay away from Cincy!!!!

I did draft Rudi last night at 122 tho
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Rudi Johnson and Willie Anderson cut

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6997

* I dont thing theres a DB in the league who can wait to line up with Oucho's shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    The Cincinnati Bengals have released veteran RB Rudi Johnson. Johnson had missed much of camp with a hamstring injury after battling injures last year as well. RB Chris Perry is expected to take over as the Bengals starting RB.
    There was question on how long Perry would hold the spot after Rudi got back, now he is clearly the man. Pressure rides on Perry, Watson, and DeDe Dorsey.

Sun, Aug 31 ESPN's John Clayton reports the Denver Broncos could be a possible landing spot for free-agent RB Rudi Johnson (Bengals).

Sun, Aug 31 ESPN's John Clayton reports the Houston Texans could be a possible landing spot for free-agent RB Rudi Johnson (Bengals).

Im pretty sure he will "land" somewhere.

*Edit....Like here:
    News: Several media outlets in Detroit reported Sunday that former Bengals RB Rudi Johnson was in town to work out for the Lions on Monday.
    Last edited by Dubz; 09-01-2008 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Sun, Aug 31 ESPN's John Clayton reports the Denver Broncos could be a possible landing spot for free-agent RB Rudi Johnson (Bengals).

Sun, Aug 31 ESPN's John Clayton reports the Houston Texans could be a possible landing spot for free-agent RB Rudi Johnson (Bengals).

Im pretty sure he will "land" somewhere.

*Edit....Like here:
    News: Several media outlets in Detroit reported Sunday that former Bengals RB Rudi Johnson was in town to work out for the Lions on Monday.
    He was in Detroit!

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals.com
    Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Johnson says his shoulder is 100 percent and he's ready to practice today for the first time since he tore his labrum 15 days ago. "I've got a lot of making up to do to a lot of people," said Ocho Cinco, who indicated he prefers the media use his new legal name. "Not to just my teammates and coaches, (but) from the top all the way down. I pissed a lot of people off in the offseason. I've got to become completely focused. No distractions. I have to stay an attraction and be extraordinary in what I do."
    Is Ocho making sense anymore??? He says his shoulder in 100% but in the very same breath he says he needs surgery, but that others had played the season with the same injury.

Its good to see him out there, but the concern for owners would have to be re-aggravating the injury. He does take a lot of hits during the course of a game.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Free agent Chad Jackson visited with the Bengals late Tuesday.

Oakland let Jackson leave without a deal. The Bengals may be looking at him as a kick return option who offers more offensive upside than Glenn Holt.
    Source: bengals.com

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Carson Palmer will wear a clear helmet shield to protect his broken nose in Week 1 against the Ravens.

"It's not as susceptible to being re-broken now that it's had a little over a week to heal," Palmer said. He doesn't anticipate the shield affecting his vision. Palmer will also look cooler on the field, making him a must-start.
    Source: bengals.com

Carson Palmer, QB CIN

Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer will miss another game because of his sore elbow on his right (throwing) arm. Coach Marvin Lewis said Monday that Ryan Fitzpatrick will start against the Steelers on Sunday, giving Palmer another week to rest his right elbow

There are rumors that Palmer might wind up having Tommy John surgery, which would impact his next two seasons and possibly the rest of his career.
    Wow, if Palmer is out with Tommy John, the Bengals are in deep trouble.

You have Matt Cassel taking over for Tom Brady. You have Jim Sorgi taking over for Peyton Manning. Then you have Ryan Fitzpatrick taking over for Carson Palmer. Cincinnati was already in trouble. They might as well give the Raiders a call and start setting up tee times. Fitzpatrick is one of those guys who are on the Rex Grossman, Kyle Boller level. I'll try not to, but I am sure for as hard as I try... Fitzpatrick is going to get his fair share of bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL.com
    Steve Wyche of NFL.com reports the Cincinnati Bengals have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent SS Roy L. Williams (Cowboys). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
    Pretty big move for the Bengals defense here. I like it. William's best years in Dallas were under Mike Zimmer who is now the Bengals defensive coordinator. I think Williams will regain confidence in his downfield coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati Inquirer
    Joe Reedy, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer (elbow) looked good throwing the ball during practice Tuesday, May 26.
    Well this is obviously good news for Cincinnati who hope to be a playoff contender this year, but... Issue #1: Pittsburgh is still in the division. Issue #2: Baltimore will continue to build on last year's success and may even be better this year. Issue #3: Only two teams from this division make the post, so sorry Cincy (Cleveland) but your hopes are diminished from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals.com
    Geoff Hobson, from Bengals.com, reports that Chad Ochocinco spoke with Carson Palmer on the phone Monday for about 40-45 minutes. "I know people are trying to say we're mad at each other and all that, but we're good," he said. "We're like Brokeback Mountain. I'm going to be with Carson so much in July that I'm going to be the nanny (for his new twins)."
    OK, may be a little TMI. But good to see that there is communication between Palmer and 85.

OK, may be a little TMI. But good to see that there is communication between Palmer and 85.
    Totally...and Palmer is available for a draft pick on KK's keeper 2 league

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Is it wrong that when I see new posts in this thread I come into it wondering who got arrested?

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Is it wrong that when I see new posts in this thread I come into it wondering who got arrested?
    Bonger that was so last season... Now you have to wonder who is getting facial tattoos...

Following in the footsteps of renowned role models Mike Tyson and Stephon Marbury, the former Chad Johnson(notes) has gone and gotten himself a face tattoo. The transformation from amusing narcissist to attention-craving crackpot is now complete.
    Ochocinco announced the new facial ink on Twitter and had the courtesy to post pictures of his three-part facial masterpiece.
    Oh yes my friends, that's an outline of the state of Florida. The other side of his face is adorned with two crosses. And in between his eyes -- yes, in between his eyes -- are the letters "OC". Who knew Ochocinco was a fan of Mischa Barton?

Ochocinco jerseys are not even in the top 100 jerseys sold since April 1st. What an idiot.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31167243

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Bonger that was so last season... Now you have to wonder who is getting facial tattoos...
    Wow. Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati Inquirer
    Joe Reedy, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Andre Caldwell has been working a lot as the slot receiver during offseason workouts and could emerge as a third-down receiver.
    With Houshmanzadeh taking more than 30% of the catches last year, the Bengals are looking for someone to step up with Housh gone. Chad Ocho and Lav Coles already have the #1 and #2 locked up. Caldwell could and should take the WR3 spot.

Thread Information