Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    It's pretty hard for me to believe that TO won't help that somewhat predictable offense (last year) become a little less predictable.. and a lot more productive. Even if all his presence does is open up Ochocinco a bit more. They have brought in weapons for Carson and it will be interesting to see how it all comes together. The overall product may not be AFC championship or SB quality but I am thinking they are capable of having a very productive game through the air and on the ground if they play their cards right.
    Fair enough. I just think TO is just that, a #2 receiver. There are plenty of #2's in the league I'd take over TO at this point. I think he is going to help them, but I'm not sure it's going to be a move that takes Cinci over the top. To be honest, I think they overachieved last year and they better hope Palmer's end of the season problems don't come into this year because Benson isn't going to be someone they can lean on. Palmer is going to be throwing the football alot. Gresham for me, was alot bigger of a move then TO. Gresham could potentially catch 65 balls this year as a Rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Fair enough. I just think TO is just that, a #2 receiver. There are plenty of #2's in the league I'd take over TO at this point. I think he is going to help them, but I'm not sure it's going to be a move that takes Cinci over the top. To be honest, I think they overachieved last year and they better hope Palmer's end of the season problems don't come into this year because Benson isn't going to be someone they can lean on. Palmer is going to be throwing the football alot. Gresham for me, was alot bigger of a move then TO. Gresham could potentially catch 65 balls this year as a Rookie.
    For my $$$ league I'm hoping you are wrong. I have Benson and am hoping that he can repeat what he did last season. From what I've heard Cincy is still going to run the ball a lot.

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    Hows that Antonio Bryant signing looking today...they paid him 7.85 in a signing bonus, he's scheduled for 1.55 more in salary, his knee is swelled like a balloon and he did it all without a mask or gun.

well done
    Last edited by Snipes16; 07-28-2010 at 04:33 PM.

I totally agree with this, Gresham will mean a ton more to this team. They have never had a quality tight end for Palmer.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    This guy is a fucking riot

Chad Ochocinco already has been hit with his first fine of the new NFL season -- nearly three weeks before the games start to count.

The NFL fined Ochocinco $25,000 for two violations -- possessing an electronic device and posting messages on Twitter -- during the Cincinnati Bengals' preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles on Aug. 20.

NFL players are not permitted to post messages on social media websites starting 90 minutes before kickoff and until postgame media obligations are fulfilled.

Ochocinco posted two messages -- one at 6:50 p.m. ET and another at 9:53 p.m. ET. The game kicked off at 8:07 p.m. ET.

His tweet at 9:53 p.m. was regarding a hit he absorbed in the game.

"Man Im sick of getting hit like that , its the damn preseason [expletive]! 1day I'm gone jump up and start throwing hay makers , #Tylenolplease," he wrote.

Ochocinco commented on the fine and apologized to the NFL on Tuesday -- through Twitter, of course.

"I've been fined by the league a substantial amount of money for tweeting, 1st time twitter hasn't made me money but cost me money," he wrote.

In his apology he said he "won't do it again."

"Dear NFL I apologize for tweeting during the game but that was 2 months of my Bugatti payments you just took from me,I won't do it again," he wrote.

Truly are the Bungles today. Do they even have an offensive line out there?

oops!

Charity phone number on Ochocinco's cereal box goes to sex line

By Chris Chase

A phone number printed on Chad Ochocinco's(notes) cereal box goes to a phone sex line instead of a children's charity, a family in Cincinnati discovered earlier this week.
    Tara Sand called the number printed on the box of Ochocinco's to learn more about the charity Feed The Children. But when she and her 9-year-old daughter dialed 1-800-HELP-FTC on their speakerphone, they heard a sultry voice trying to lure them into a sex chat for $2.99 a minute. (I called it earlier, of course. It's pretty raunchy.)

The number for the charity is actually 1-888-HELP-FTC.

Ochocinco told a local news station that the mix-up was clearly a mistake and that he's confident the manufacturer will correct the problem.

"You do have to admit it is kind of funny," Sand told ABC 9 in Cincinnati. "When we dialed it for the second time, I sat there and thought 'are you kidding me?' Nobody has found this yet?"

She also told the news station that she hopes her discovery doesn't give the Bengals or Chad a bad name. "He's obviously trying to do something great by doing this [for charity]," she said.

What kind of response is that from the mother? Why is she so reasoned and rational about an honest mistake? Where's the overreaction, the threat of lawsuit and the "[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo"]won't somebody please think of the children?[/ame]" sentiment?

Kroger grocery stores in Cincinnati announced Thursday that they're pulling all boxes of Ochocinco's from their shelves.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Chris Mortensen twitter.

Filed to ESPN: Carson Palmer will demand a trade from Bengals; willing to play retirement card, if necessary.

Palmer's agent is talking about the lack of success and how Palmer strongly feels a separation would be in the best interest of both parties.

Interesting.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Palmer's agent is talking about the lack of success and how Palmer strongly feels a separation would be in the best interest of both parties.

Interesting.
    I could definitely see him moving to the NFC West.

Quote Originally Posted by doctego View Post
    I could definitely see him moving to the NFC West.
    49ers?
    Last edited by two24four; 01-24-2011 at 04:09 PM.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    49ers?
    49ers or Cards came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    49ers or Cards came to mind.
    Definitely. He'd be a good fit in either spot, I think.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Two news topics I heard today on Palmer was the possibiliy of him going to Carolina and that Mike Brown refuses to trade Palmer. Honestly, I don't see Palmer going anywhere and I certainly don't see him packing it in. However, I could see him in San Francisco or Arizona also, and think that either spot would be a nice fit. McNabb will likely end up in one of those spots. There is a lot of talk around here that both of those teams have been and are inquiring and throwing trade offers to Philly for Kolb. We'll see... Sucked that he had to not only deal with 85, but also TO at the same time.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Yeah cause he didn't ask for the Bengals to sign TO or nothing...

Yeah cause he didn't ask for the Bengals to sign TO or nothing...
    Not the point.... The point is having one of those guys on your team could be more than one can handle, so one can only imagine having two of them... TO had a decent year. 85 had a decent year. There is only so much ball to go around. And to have two ballhogs...kinda hurts the rest of the receiving game.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Ochocinco going back to Chad Johnson!

Chad Johnson is making a comeback. Three years after changing his last name to Ochocinco, the man born Chad Javon Johnson will be going back to his given surname.
    "I've done enough with Ochocinco," the former Mr. Johnson told ESPN's Trey Wingo. Yes, like having the least productive stretch of his career since the name change became official.
    Ochocinco didn't elaborate on why he was making the change, but given that his return to Cincinnati is questionable, the logical explanation is that he wants a fresh start wherever he ends up. That means no silly name changes and probably no fighting with his coach, like he's currently doing now. (If Ochocinco does stay in Cincinnati, he'd have to pay for the unsold "Ochocinco" jerseys.)
    I didn't think it was possible for me to care about anything less than whether Brett Favre(notes) retired or not. Then Ochocinco announced the name re-change. Frankly, I feel used by this whole process. For months I resisted calling him Ochocinco because it was so preposterous and felt like when I asked all my friends to call me He-Man. Of course, I was in first grade at the time.
    At some point, though, he became Ochocinco. Whether it was the repetition in hearing it or the fact that I had to write it here on Shutdown Corner, I don't know. It was a gradual process. Whenever it happened, it happened, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Nobody really wanted to call him Ochocinco but eventually we all did.
    And isn't that the grand achievement in all this? He managed to make having "OCHOCINCO" on the back of his jersey so normal that it lost its absurdity. That's why he's going back to Johnson, not because he wants to mature, but because Ochocinco lost its shock value. Those teenage girls at the mall don't keep their pink hair forever either.
    Don't stop mangling your Spanish quite yet, though. Ochocinco hasn't filed the paperwork yet for the name change and has gone back on this promise before. In 2009, he said he'd change it back if Darrelle Revis(notes) shut him down in a game. Revis did and Ochocinco didn't follow through.

saw that the other day. what a fool.

AJ Green. Palmer isn't going anywhere. Huge help for Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    AJ Green. Palmer isn't going anywhere. Huge help for Palmer.
    Maybe he is gone, now that they have taken Dalton in round 2.

Green and Dalton, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Maybe he is gone, now that they have taken Dalton in round 2.

Green and Dalton, not bad.
    That is a nice duo...

I actually thought they might have traded up to get Newton, Locker, or Gabbert.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    That is a nice duo...

I actually thought they might have traded up to get Newton, Locker, or Gabbert.
    Gruden liked Dalton more than all of them.

Dalton can run a West Coast offense, that's it.

Pillow arm.

Won't be anything special.

CINCINNATI (AP)—For authorities tracking a marijuana shipment from California, the trail ended unexpectedly at the home of a Cincinnati Bengals player in suburban northern Kentucky where police say they found more drugs.
    No arrests have been made. Police were still investigating the case Thursday that has entangled Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson(notes), a North Carolina native in his fourth NFL season. A package containing 2 1/2 pounds of marijuana was tracked to Simpson’s home.
    Are we surprised in the least bit..... Another Bengal criminal?!

lol

Thread Information