Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Cincinnati Bungals

Running back by committee??? Rudi's value to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals.com
    Source: Geoff Hobson, Bengals.com
    Cincinnati Bengals OC Bob Bratkowski has made a plan to utilize his stable of RBs, yet still giving Rudi Johnson the lions share of the carries. He plans on using RBs Chris Perry, DeDe Dorsey, Kenny Watson in a back-by-committee approach, but still chaired by Johnson. How that correlates to Johnson's numbers is not clear.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Watson should be the man behind Rudi.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Watson should be the man behind Rudi.
    Yeah, I agree... Perry is a good back if he can stay healthy and out of trouble.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Chad Johnson was bouncing around the locker room again Friday after the morning practice, high-fiving greetings to some reporters and wondering why everyone said he was mad on Thursday.
    "I'm happy," he said. "I was happy yesterday.

"I don't have anything to be mad about."

But he wasn't talking on the record, so when he's going to get back to practice and when/if he's going to get ankle surgery is up to speculation.

But before the lightning came to blow away the afternoon practice, Johnson ran his first routes of the camp, albeit only a handful.
    Let's see when the games start to count and mean something.

Info on DeDe Dorsey...

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton News
    Cincinnati Bengals RB DeDe Dorsey's severely strained hamstring will keep him out until training camp, and the prevailing thought is that he'll be limited when training camp begins July 28th
    Not sure how many fantasy teams he'll end up on, but could bump up the value in Rudi and Watson a little more with one less RB in the committee to deal with.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson will have surgery to remove bone chips from his ankle. Johnson will undergo the procedure on Wednesday, The NFL Network reports.

Johnson, who went through the full series of drills during the team's last day of minicamp on last Saturday after noting that he was having pain in his right ankle earlier in the week. He expected to be ready to go health-wise when the Bengals have their first day of training camp practice in Georgetown, Ky., on July 28.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Im staying the hell out of Cincy come draft day!
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Im staying the hell out of Cincy come draft day!

I wonder how far Palmer sinks in drafts this year...

Palmer and TJ are still tempting... no?

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    I wonder how far Palmer sinks in drafts this year...

Palmer and TJ are still tempting... no?
    Yes. ...and I wouldn't count Ocho Cinco too far out either. Although promising us 16 different TD celebrations to go with his guaranteed 1 TD a week didn't pan out, he did have a career high in receiving yards last year. All while TJ Housh stepped up and stole some Cinco thunder and Ocho playing hurt. Contract drama may drop his value in this year's drafts, but really shouldn't. Money is very important to Chad Johnson. If he holds out, not only does he not get a paycheck he gets fined.

The question mark in Cincy is their run game. Rudi still leads the pack, but Cincy looks to be moving to more of a three-headed attack.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Yes. ...and I wouldn't count Ocho Cinco too far out either. Although promising us 16 different TD celebrations to go with his guaranteed 1 TD a week didn't pan out, he did have a career high in receiving yards last year. All while TJ Housh stepped up and stole some Cinco thunder and Ocho playing hurt. Contract drama may drop his value in this year's drafts, but really shouldn't. Money is very important to Chad Johnson. If he holds out, not only does he not get a paycheck he gets fined.

The question mark in Cincy is their run game. Rudi still leads the pack, but Cincy looks to be moving to more of a three-headed attack.
    IS CINCY!!....Surely I would agree with the King most times but eh....Im feeling the Rudy train has run its course and they wont save that QB. Guess we will see.

IS CINCY!!....Surely I would agree with the King most times but eh....Im feeling the Rudy train has run its course and they wont save that QB. Guess we will see.
    I agree that the Rudi train has run its course, which is why they are planning on the three-headed run attack. But as long as Rudi is healthy, he will still take the majority of the touches, even if its 40%-30%-30%.

Palmer is still a top level QB and his receivers are top flight. I don't really see a reason to bail on them altogether.

Well you guys are probably right....I was bit by these guys last year and will be hellbent not to do it again. I drafted Palmer and Oucho 14/15th in a 14 teamer. Hopefully I get a better pick this year.

I wont be able to "steal" Marion Barber this year...so I may have to draft a QB later.

We need a fantasy football draft ranking/sleeper picks thread

I keep finding Oucho available in the third round and cant resist during Mocks

I keep finding Oucho available in the third round and cant resist during Mocks

To date.... 85's average spot is #32 overall. From places I have seen, he has gone as early as 25 and as late as 43.

Some Ocho Cinco word...

Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com is reporting that Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Johnson is already running on the beach in Miami, less than three weeks after having arthroscopic surgery on both ankles. "He feels a lot better than when he first had (the surgery), but we're not going to push it. The key is not to let him do too much too soon," said Charles Collins, who is helping coach the Bengals receivers this offseason. "He's got to build up his ankle first. Then the closer we get to camp, we'll let him time up some things in the last couple of workouts."

Chris Henry - guess this really doesn't go here since he isn't a Bengal anymore, but...

Quote Originally Posted by WLWT.com
    Assault charges against former Cincinnati Bengal Chris Henry were dropped Monday. Henry was accused of punching a University of Cincinnati student earlier this year. Another charge that he threw a bottle at the man's car was dropped during Henry's first trial. The prosecutor's office had asked the judge last week to keep three pieces of information out of the new trial. However, on Monday, the judge refused to keep the information out of court proceedings. Shortly thereafter, the prosecutor's office dropped the case with prejudice.
    With charges dropped, Henry will likely be reinstated. This will allow him to sign with a team, and there are plenty of them that will take a chance on him. I would imagine he would sign an incentive based contract, so you could expect him to perform well for a few games...but anything more than that is being very optimistic!

A little more on Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN

Former Cincinnati Bengals WR Chris Henry's legal issues are behind him - for now - and he could possibly be reinstated. According to Henry and his agent Marvin Frazier, a return to the Bengals is a possibility. "We have interest in several teams, including Cincinnati," Frazier said. Frazier says it's still early in the process, but the Bengals have shown preliminary interest in Henry since his assault charge was dropped. Henry says he wouldn't hold any grudges against the organization that drafted him in 2005. In fact, he would welcome a return to the Bengals with open arms.
    "Going back to the Bengals is possible,'' Henry said. "I wouldn't mind it happening because I loved playing in Cincinnati. I got real close with all the guys out there and I planned on being out there for a long time. I really had a good time playing ball out there in Ohio."
    Would it surprise me greatly if Henry ends up back in Cincinnati??

Ocho Cinco....

Bengals WR Chad Johnson said he plans on taking his time in returning from arthroscopic ankle surgery. He is currently able to run in a straight line, but has held off cutting and running routes. Johnson said he isn't sure if he'll be ready by next week. "I'm going to make sure I don't come back too fast," he said. "I don't want to overdo it. Because when I go out there I'm going to forget it and just go 100 percent. They're going to have to pull me out."
    Worries about his ankle, or games with management?? Hmmm... If it really is the injury thing, I am not worried. Chad Johnson is typically a quick healer. What this may do is drive his draft value down some, so you may be able to get him at a bargain from the people who worry if your draft is done or if you haven't drafted yet, he may slide down the draft board a little.

Kenny Irons....

Nobody knows yet when Bengals second-year RB Kenny Irons will be able to return from last year's season-ending knee injury, though there is some speculation that he may be placed on the PUP list to start the 2008 season. While the outcome remains to be seen, Irons is pushing his body to recover quickly. "Whatever I have to do to get back on the field, I'm going to do it,' Irons said. "I don't care what it is. This has been very frustrating. Very tough."
    Wow...multiple news articles coming out of Cincinnati today... Kenny Irons... Uh, Chris Perry will have better fantasy numbers than Kenny Irons, healthy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL.com
    WR Chad Johnson reported to Cincinnati Bengals training camp Sunday. The wide receiver did not answer any questions as he continues his boycott of the Cincinnati media.
    Chad Johnson is a piece of work! He loves the camera too much for the "boycott" to last too long!

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Chad Johnson is a piece of work! He loves the camera too much for the "boycott" to last too long!
    Aren't you rec'd to answer questions from the media?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton Daily News

Somebody will replace Chris Henry, who was cut in April, as the Bengals' No. 3 wide receiver behind Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Whom shall it be? Marcus Maxwell, Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell, Glenn Holt and Antonio Chatman are all in the mix.
    With one of the NFL's top QB's, the Bengals #3 WR will likely be worth of a roster spot on your team. Wait 'til this mess is sorted out first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati Inquirer
    Bengals RB Rudi Johnson set his goal this offseason to add weight, specifically to his legs and lower body in order to stave off nagging injuries. Johnson - limited to 11 games and 497 rushing yards last season, his fewest since 2002 - returned to his former body type and running style that made him one of the NFL's most productive backs from 2004-06, when he rushed for more than 4,200 yards and 36 touchdowns. Johnson worked with Bengals strength coaches Chip Morton and Ray Oliver and reported to camp at 230 pounds (up from 212 last season), while trimming his body fat. "Mainly, I got a lot of leg power back. I feel stronger getting in and out of my cuts," Johnson said. "I can feel it every time I cut. It's just there."
    If Rudi has regained his top form then he can outproduce expectations set for him this year after a pretty awful last year.

Just a note...

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    The city of Cincinnati will pay former Bengals DT Matthias Askew $500,000 to settle a lawsuit in which Askew alleged unlawful arrest and excessive force. The player claimed that the arrest caused his release from the Bengals, which prevented him from earning a contract extension. Askew is now in training camp with the Washington Redskins.
    Maybe Henry should call Askew's attorney!

Oucho is already smack talking....some things will never change. i remembersomething about him not wanting to be a distraction but theres no way that happens.

"It's a really good test with Al and C. Wood to see who I am so far," Johnson said after he worked in Saturday's practice. "My 50 percent is better than most 100 percents. My 50 will get me by, but my 100 will get me where we want to be."

News Main E-mail
    Posted: 18 hours 31 minutes ago NFL.com's fantasy football blog

By Michael Fabiano | NFL.com
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008

RB Johnson has injured hamstring...again

Rudi Johnson is once again dealing with hamstring issues, and it's something fantasy footballers need to monitor.

Bengals WR Chad Johnson left the field hunched over with a shoulder injury when he fell to the turf as he tried to make a leaping catch on Palmer's third-and-nine pass during the Bengals' first drive. Although there was no official report, indications are the injury isn't serious.
    Positive news on this is that Johnson was moving his arm as he was walking off the field.

Chris Henry a Bungal again...

The Bengals announced in a press release the re-signing of WR Chris Henry and he was at Bengals camp undergoing a physical today. According to the release, Henry is eligible as of Tuesday to join whatever team preseason activities are assigned to him by the coaching staff. He is eligible to play in the final two preseason games. He won't be able to play until Week 5 due to his four-game suspension. The Bengals may have been more forgiving with Henry due to current injuries to receivers Chad Johnson (shoulder), T.J. Houshmandzadeh (hamstring) and Andre Caldwell (foot). To make room for Henry, the team cut CB Jerrid Gaines.
    This was bound to happen. A handful of teams looked at Henry, but it seemed as if the Bengals were the only ones seriously talking with him. I am OK with it, although there is a lot of rumbling that this is putting out a bad image with Cincinnati. Henry wasn't cut because of his football skills. With Johnson hurt and questionable for week 1, Housh hurt and questionable for week 1, Caldwell hurt and really...well, Caldwell is Caldwell... Bringing Henry back in isn't a bad move.

Marv Lewis's credibility however is now shot... Nothing Lewis threatens will hold water or be taken seriously after reversing his stand on Henry.

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Chris Henry a Bungal again...

This was bound to happen. A handful of teams looked at Henry, but it seemed as if the Bengals were the only ones seriously talking with him. I am OK with it, although there is a lot of rumbling that this is putting out a bad image with Cincinnati. Henry wasn't cut because of his football skills. With Johnson hurt and questionable for week 1, Housh hurt and questionable for week 1, Caldwell hurt and really...well, Caldwell is Caldwell... Bringing Henry back in isn't a bad move.

Marv Lewis's credibility however is now shot... Nothing Lewis threatens will hold water or be taken seriously after reversing his stand on Henry.
    Except that he's not eligible to play until week 5 as far as I know, so his addition won't help any of those week 1 issues.

And there's a blurb on Rotoworld saying that the decision to bring back Henry came from the owner, and Marv had no say in it. I'm guessing if he had a say in it, that Henry wouldn't be back, but the owner made the call, not Lewis. ... or so says rotoworld.

According to Cincinnati Bengals HC Marvin Lewis, If the season opened now, Chris Perry would be the starting running back. Lewis displayed some urgency about the slow progress of injured starting RB Rudi Johnson and WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Lewis also said that WR Chad Johnson's sprained shoulder has progressed quicker than first thought and he remains on target to play week one. Asked what Rudi Johnson would have to do to win the job back, Lewis said, "I have to see Rudi play and practice, practice, practice and then play." He followed that up with a note about Houshmandzadeh. "Same (with T.J.). I think T.J. needs more (practice) than he thinks," Lewis said.
    A little something for all you Rudi Johnson and TJ Housh owners to pay atttention to. Not so worried about TJ as much as Rudi, personally...

Thread Information