Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dallas Cowboys

I can't believe that Dez Bryant is 21 years old. He is going to be one hell of a player.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HT9 View Post
    I can't believe that Dez Bryant is 21 years old. He is going to be one hell of a player.
    He sure is.

I heard on the radio today that I guess Roy Williams said Kitna is just as good a QB as Romo

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Right, that easy TD pass that Kitna overthrew in their last offensive posession really proved that.

IMHO, the most amusing part of the game on Monday night was Jerry Jones' facial expressions. He looked like he was going to burst into flames towards the end..

There are at least 3 NFL coaches being saved right now by the potential lockout, no? No one wants to start a mid season rebuilding process when there may be no next season..
    I'm sorry that you interpreted my incredibly funny joke as horribly offensive.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    IMHO, the most amusing part of the game on Monday night was Jerry Jones' facial expressions. He looked like he was going to burst into flames towards the end..

There are at least 3 NFL coaches being saved right now by the potential lockout, no? No one wants to start a mid season rebuilding process when there may be no next season..
    I don't think that the lockout plays into it, especially with someone like Jerry Jones. What is saving Phillips and other coaches in similar positions is that there really is no benefit to changing coaches midseason. Plus, any coach worth shit is going to want to assemble a staff of "his guys" and it is near impossible to do that in the middle of a season.

This was a funny quote I saw today in an article Tom Kowalski wrote about the Lions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlive.com

• Is general manager Martin Mayhew the right guy for the job?

There's a big difference between collecting talent and building a team. After eight years of Millen, fans were happy the Lions could draft somebody who managed to stay in the league for a few years.

But that doesn't build a winning football team, that builds the Dallas Cowboys.

Looks like Wade is finally out and Garrett is in.

Senior Member All-Star
    Man, if I was Jason Garrett I don't know if I'd want that job.....

Senior Member All-Star Motorcat's Avatar
    Breaking News!!

Training at Cowboys stadium was delayed nearly two hours this morning, after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the ground. After a complete analysis, Dallas Police forensic experts determined the white substance, unfamiliar to most of the players, was the goal line. Practice was resumed and officials were assured that the cowboys will not come into contact with this substance for quite some time.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcat View Post
    Breaking News!!

Training at Cowboys stadium was delayed nearly two hours this morning, after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the ground. After a complete analysis, Dallas Police forensic experts determined the white substance, unfamiliar to most of the players, was the goal line. Practice was resumed and officials were assured that the cowboys will not come into contact with this substance for quite some time.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcat View Post
    Breaking News!!

Love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I don't think that the lockout plays into it, especially with someone like Jerry Jones. What is saving Phillips and other coaches in similar positions is that there really is no benefit to changing coaches midseason. Plus, any coach worth shit is going to want to assemble a staff of "his guys" and it is near impossible to do that in the middle of a season.
    That was my point, I guess. Jerry Jones wasn't going to go out and recruit a top tier coach who knows tomorrow may never come. Wade Phillips had to go, it's just a debacle in Dallas, but Garrett is a "we're fucked, a warm body will do" place holder. I think if there was no doubt about the next season, there'd be no harm in getting up to speed with your team and bringing in someone like Cowher (though I don't think he'd work for Jerry Jones in 5000 million years).

Senior Member All-Star
    The guys on Around the Horn made a good point that the Cowboys are at their best when there's a coach who won't put up with Jerry Jones' shit (as much as possible). Wade Phillips just did whatever Jerry wanted, and that's a big part of why they're in the position they're in. If someone like John Gruden were to go in there, things would probably be different

Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    The guys on Around the Horn made a good point that the Cowboys are at their best when there's a coach who won't put up with Jerry Jones' shit (as much as possible). Wade Phillips just did whatever Jerry wanted, and that's a big part of why they're in the position they're in. If someone like John Gruden were to go in there, things would probably be different
    That's a small part of it, IMHO. Sure, Jerry moonlighting as the GM makes things tough but it also goes to say that the coaches that won't put up with his shit are also the best coaches. If Gruden went there, I think that things would get better but I give more credit to the fact that he's just a better coach. I see Wade and Norv as being similar.......Solid coordinators, nice guys, no business being a head coach. Both have had arguably the most talented teams in their respective conferences for years and neither has done shit.

Isn't John Gruden pretty solidly locked into ESPN for 3 years? If I recall correctly, the press release about his new contract used a lot of buzz words like 'exclusive' and 'long term'.

Isn't John Gruden pretty solidly locked into ESPN for 3 years? If I recall correctly, the press release about his new contract used a lot of buzz words like 'exclusive' and 'long term'.
    Yeah I dont think he's going anywhere, I think he loves being on TV to much right now as well

Another name I have heard with the Dallas job is Fox from the Panthers, pretty good bet he's done with the Panthers this season, alot of people seem to think he could be the next coach in Dallas.

Q: What do you call 47 millionaires watching the Superbowl ?

v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v

A: The Dallas Cowboys

Just noticed this now. I am quite sure that has more to do with them stealing him from NFLN and nothing more. There is no way that any TV gig will keep someone from the sidelines if they want to return.

^ Most of those ex coaches in the booth have a clause wrote into their contract that will allow them to return to the sidelines without penalty. This benefits the network in many ways and keeps them in good faith with the talent whether athlete or coach.

Plus they are more worried about these guys jumping networks than going back to the sidelines.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Really..... Romo IR'd now??? Why wasn't he shut down when he first got hurt when it was first announced as a season-ender??? Dummy! Kitna's numbers are comparible to what Romo put up this year where they really going to consider lumping Romo into week 16 or week 17?? Romo is no Favre.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Waiting until the last minute.... Tyron Smith. Solid skills. I might have gone corner like Gruden was talking about.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z52ymCBGhwU&feature=player_embedded"]call out to the Dallas cowboys and Jerry Jones. - YouTube[/ame]

Hahahahaha....I want to see this guy as a broadcaster for the Cowboys!

Senior Member All-Star
    I hate the Cowboys, but I do have a pretty big man crush on Tony Romo, and I have to give him props for that game last night. It was hilarious watching their center just snap the ball whenever he wanted to, and having Romo have to tell all of their WRs where to line up and what routes to run even after calling the play in the huddle. I tip my cap to you Tony Romo, that game was way more entertaining to watch than I thought it would be

Murray is the real deal.

Thread Information