Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cowboys

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    The 49ers had one where they were close....like 30 miles away, but never home stadium
    Last edited by Hockeyis#1; 11-03-2009 at 12:46 AM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    It is absolutely incredible that Miles Austin is now #10 recieving yards, #9 YPG, #2 recieving touchdowns, #1 20 yard grabs, and #2 40 yard grabs.

What makes it incredible is that he started the season with 5 receptions for 80 yards over four games and only one touchdown. Then, over the next 3 games, he got 500 yards and five touchdowns on 21 receptions.

Those 3 games must be near the best set of 3 consecutive games in WR history.

What an amazing story, I hope he keeps it up.

Playing KC, Seattle, and Atlanta no doubt helped (28th, 18th, and 31st in pass defense respectively). While he does have a great story, I'd really like to see what happens when he goes up against a solid 2ndary like the Eagles.

It comes down to Romo more than him. Hes fast, has great acceleration, and runs good routes. He'll find the limited holes but it comes down to whether Romo will deliver the perfect passes. Good coverage brings out QB skill moreso than WR skill IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle
    It comes down to Romo more than him. Hes fast, has great acceleration, and runs good routes. He'll find the limited holes but it comes down to whether Romo will deliver the perfect passes. Good coverage brings out QB skill moreso than WR skill IMO.
    Coverage isn't what I think Miles Austin has benefited from as much as poor angles of pursuit and bad tackling. A good secondary takes better angles and doesn't let a 10 yard catch turn into a 65 yard TD.

Good point. Definitely don't expect a monster game but I'm sure if Romo is on and he runs the right routes he can have a good 5 catch, 60-80 yd, 1 TD performance.

From what I've seen in highlights and analysis and such, hasn't Austin basically been the Cowboys DeSean Jackson with big play long TDs?

Most of that is credit to his legs. I see him turning moderate catches into big gains more than I see him catching longer balls but thats just what little I've watched Dallas play. Based on the top 2 20yd and 40yd catches stats, I'm sure he must go for more long balls than I see, but I think most of those are crated with his legs. Whats very promising for him (Espicially from a fantasy standpoint) is hes one of the msot competitive in the league in the endzone and is one of those rare guys a QB will trust to just toss up a prayer into the corner of the endzone and take his chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Most of that is credit to his legs. I see him turning moderate catches into big gains more than I see him catching longer balls but thats just what little I've watched Dallas play. Based on the top 2 20yd and 40yd catches stats, I'm sure he must go for more long balls than I see, but I think most of those are crated with his legs. Whats very promising for him (Espicially from a fantasy standpoint) is hes one of the msot competitive in the league in the endzone and is one of those rare guys a QB will trust to just toss up a prayer into the corner of the endzone and take his chances.
    I think we need someone who has watched the Cowboys games to come in and comment, because I have the same problem

And the beast awakens, Miles Austin with a 49 yard TD catch on 3rd and 14 with 8:00 to go in the 4th, his first catch of the day.

It was only a matter of time, with the commentary mentioning it every damn play you just felt like he was waiting for that.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    You got that right, he is a beast, wow.

Yeah, what a time for the biggest play of the game. Horrible decision to kick the field goal by the Eagles on the next drive, I think that will be questioned for weeks.

Am I the only one who thought the Eagles got robbed on the measurement during McNabb's 4 & 1 plunge?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Yeah, what a time for the biggest play of the game. Horrible decision to kick the field goal by the Eagles on the next drive, I think that will be questioned for weeks.
    4th and 11 with 4:27 left in the game, the FG was the only choice he had. DEF had plenty of time to stop them and get the ball back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post
    Am I the only one who thought the Eagles got robbed on the measurement during McNabb's 4 & 1 plunge?
    No, he was robbed. He definitely had the 1st down.

Senior Member All-Star
    It seems like the officials are super stingy on overturning calls on challenges this year. McNabb was clearly on top of the o-lineman and slid forward past the line to gain, but because they couldn't see his left leg there's a chance it was down, so no overturning the call on the field.

I don't know if they're just getting a chip on their shoulder or what, but in every game I've watched this year it just seems like they're trying to find ways to not overturn calls on the field at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    4th and 11 with 4:27 left in the game, the FG was the only choice he had. DEF had plenty of time to stop them and get the ball back.

Not with no timeouts. That was NOT the only choice and it was the worst option available to him. With no timeouts it takes ONE first down to run out four minutes of clock.

It was a bad decision that did not have enough thought put into it.

Look at it this way. You miss 4th down and your defense STILL has a chance to do the same thing. Cowboys only start 20 yards ahead of average field position. If they make a couple first downs you lose either way (No matter where they are on the field) so from Philly's perspective it doesn't matter where Dallas starts. They basically had a free opportunity to continue their hopes of a tying touchdown.

At least you give your offense a chance. With even one timeout it becomes more wise to not go for it but with 0 timeouts they pratically had no choice. He made the wrong decision.

Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    It seems like the officials are super stingy on overturning calls on challenges this year. McNabb was clearly on top of the o-lineman and slid forward past the line to gain, but because they couldn't see his left leg there's a chance it was down, so no overturning the call on the field.

I don't know if they're just getting a chip on their shoulder or what, but in every game I've watched this year it just seems like they're trying to find ways to not overturn calls on the field at all costs
    Its exactly the way it has to be. 100% conclusive or nothing. If they drop that mentality for anything it starts a downward slope that ends in everyone being WAY less happy with the challenge system than we are now. Its fine the way it is, yes occasionally a team will get screwed but if you remove the need for 100% indisputable evidence, then much more teams will get screwed.

Senior Member All-Star
    I agree, but on that particular play it appeared to me to be 100% conclusive that they needed to re-spot the ball, but they used the excuse of not knowing where his left leg was to not do that. To me, if you can't see where his left knee is, and you can only see that he's on the lineman and the ball was at a different spot, then that's conclusive.

There have been a few other replays I can remember this season that seemed pretty conclusive to me as well that have not been overturned. And while I'm not a fan of the 2-minute long explanation of the call, I would like more than "after review, the ruling on the field is confirmed." At least give me a little explanation

Wow, what a huge choke by Romo. After a fantastic game and in the middle of a hugely productive drive with 5 mins to go (needing 2 TDs), he blows a WIDE open guarenteed 40 yard TD to Roy Williams and then makes two lame decisions on third and forth down and fails to get 3 yards in 2 plays for the game-sealing turnover on downs.

Welcome back to December, Romo.

I don't know what I'll say if the Cowboys blow a 21 point 4th quarter lead, but I imagine there'll be a lot of phone calls being made to the numerous Cowboys fans I know.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Dez Bryant.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    I have a good feeling about this...
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    I have a good feeling about this...
    Love Jerry Jones comments on passing up on Randy Moss and didn't want to make that mistake again. I don't see Dez Bryant, sorry Dez, being the next Randy Moss.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Sean Lee.

Adam Schefter twitter.

Uh-oh. Cowboys WR Dez Bryant hurt his ankle and needed to be helped off the field

I think Dallas' season is now over, with Romo out for at least 8-10 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I think Dallas' season is now over, with Romo out for at least 8-10 weeks.
    As if it wasn't over already?

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    As if it wasn't over already?
    I know, but they had a small chance, but now that small chance is gone with Romo's season pretty much over.

Senior Member All-Star Motorcat's Avatar
    This just in ............ Cowboys are complete shit.

Almost makes me wish I was back in Texas so I could really torment all those jackasses who told me I had to be a Cowboys fan cause I live in the great republic of Texas.

Thread Information