Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cowboys

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    You're a nitbag if you think Witten is his first look. On most passing plays (except those intended to go very short), a QB will always look to his WR before his TE. He will look to see if he has the long ball, if not go shorter to the TE. Here are some quotes I found from C&D site.
    Ask Romo. Before every Cowboys game the announcers always say the defense has to take Witten away because he is Romo's go to guy 1st. Romo may be a TE, but he isn't a TE. This is why TO was crying that one time because he was actually 3rd on Romo's look chart. But they kissed and made-up and all is better between them.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    So, how will they differentiate Roy Williams WR and Roy Williams DB in regards to the names on their jerseys?
    In this special situation, already approved by Reebok, Roy Williams the safety gets to put "Treinta y Ocho" (38) on the back of his jersey since "Once" (11)would be stupid for Roy Williams the WR.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

TO is like a 13 year old girl.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    TO is like a 13 year old girl.
    haha, nothing new with this guy, it was only a matter of time for him to pick a fight with yet again another QB

Geez, I've tried to back the guy when everyone else wouldn't simply because he is such a great athlete and, being an excitable, eccentric guy myself, I thought maybe it was just poor choices and the media exaggerating, but dude, what's with the conspiracy theory! So what if Romo & Witten are buddies. So what if they have might private meetings to draw up plays. Maybe if you weren't such a headcase, Tony would hang with you and make plays....but you're fucking loco homes, re-fucking-lax!

They have Roy Williams now, they should just trade T.O. in the off season.

Trade him to DET, haha, now that would be funny as hell, see how he likes that. (sorry DET fans, lol.)

Senior Member All-Star
    It's turning into the same situation that it was in Philly. A quarter of the way into last season Dallas looked to be the elite team of the NFC and a super bowl favorite. Things kind of fell apart, and now this season is showing that Dallas is not an elite team in their conference. If TO is playing on a winning team and catching passes, he's happy. If he's not, then this is what happens. I'd guess his time in Dallas is about up, and we'll be seeing him somewhere else next season. Maybe he'll go to the NY Giants and replace Plex there

Yeah I dont see Dallas keeping him after this season now, even more so like I said now that they have Roy Williams, T.O. seems to be nothing more then a cancer in the locker room.

I doubt Dallas would trade him to the Giants or any team in the NFC East.

He'll go to the Raiders I bet

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    I wonder what this looked like before it collapsed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

A Pennsylvania court ruled in December 2006 that Summit was negligent in the design and construction of a membrane-covered building that collapsed in 2003 after a major snowstorm in Philadelphia. The building was constructed for the Philadelphia Regional Port Authority.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbABlUswsfM"]YouTube - Dallas Cowboys Practice Facility Collapse[/ame]

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Sometimes I think that, if these people put down their fucking cameras, injuries/deaths could be limited.

Senior Member All-Star Motorcat's Avatar
    Just sharing ...........

Now that I have been in Texas for about 2 months - people here are ready to fight you if you say you don't like the Cowboys - seriously they are. They absolutely hate the Redskins and the Steelers with a passion I have never seen before.

They think North Carolina is northern state - I'm constantly hearing you don't sound like your from up north.

I'm also finding once you distance yourself from some of the larger population centers it becomes a cross between Deliverance and The Hills have Eyes in the type of people you will encounter.

Another interesting stat- 25% of the population of Waco is on welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Morning News
    Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys WR Roy Williams can't understand why he has been the target of critics this offseason who aren't sure if he can emerge as the team's No. 1 wide receiver. Williams feels he will prove the doubters wrong once the season begins. 'People say, 'Hey, you're our No. 1 receiver,' and say, 'I hope you can do it. Good luck," Williams said. 'I've been a No. 1 ever since I was 1. But I can't really talk about it. I just got to continue getting in shape and prove it September whatever the day it is in Tampa.'
    Another player with motivation. With Williams though, he has been given chances and chances and people are just fed up with the results. Almost sounds like he was a Raider! Haha... Anyway, I expect Williams to go a two rounds later than he used to, so you could potentially find a steal.

Tim MacMahon, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys RB Tashard Choice lined up behind center in the shotgun when the team practiced the Wildcat formation during practice Tuesday, June 9.
    Choice ran in a similar offense during his time at Georgia Tech. I just find it funny now that quite a bit of the NFL teams are starting to use the "Wild Cat" in their system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ft. Worth Star-Telegram
    Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo and WR Roy Williams are still dealing with miscommunication and visible signs of frustration when they are unable to connect during practice. Williams barked at Romo Monday, June 15, after a pass didn't come his way when he was open. Williams said, "I was frustrated and I let him know, but that's what we're supposed to do. This is our job. His job is to deliver the ball. My job is to catch it and get open. That's how you win, and that's all I want to do.
    And the whining continues... Things will be better in Dallas when receivers realize that Witten is the #1 target and everyone else follows.

Quote Originally Posted by San Antonio Star
    Tom Orsborn, from the San Antonio Star, reports 2nd year TE Martellus Bennett was in the spotlight this morning at the Cowboys minicamp, catching two touchdown passes and recording a 60-yard gain after a slow start.
    He won't surpass Witten as Romo's #1 guy, but he will be used as TE, H-back, split wide, and even fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by San Antonio Express News
    Wade Phillips appears to be making good on his promise after last season to get tougher. On Wednesday, he announced he would increase the fines for players who report to training camp overweight to the league maximum of $453 per pound. And players say he's much more vocal during practice.
    Where the hell did they come up with the number $453 for every pound you are overweight??

Anyway on Wade. This is nice and all, but he already dug his hole to deep. Are players really going to respond to a coach who has been a easy on them and a coach that is likely playing for a job next year? We'll see if Wade can bring his team together.

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports that QB Tony Romo has taken a leadership role on the Cowboys this offseason. Head coach Wade Phillips compared Romo to Jim Kelly and John Elway, saying Romo is "similar in that he was at every workout during the offseason, and the rest of the players look at that, and if you have anybody slacking off during the offseason you can go to them and say, 'Look, Tony Romo is out there working; you need to be working.' That really helps with your football team."
    I love this.... Comparing Romo to Jim Kelly and John Elway.

I also read that Michael Irvin is calling for the Cowboys to bench Romo and bring back Drew Bledsoe!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I also read that Michael Irvin is calling for the Cowboys to bench Romo and bring back Drew Bledsoe!
    You obviously didn't get the sarcasm in that line, did you KK?

Irvin said that because people were complaining about Romo. He hasn't looked that good so far this offseason (over-throwing and missing targets by 10 yards) and Irvin said what he said to remind everyone how bad it was when Bledsoe was at the QB in his last 2 years.

“Can we get Drew Bledsoe(notes) back out here [for] just a week so you guys can really fall back in love with Tony?” asked Irvin, a man with the gift of both Hall of Fame grab and gab. “Let’s put Drew Bledsoe back out here, because sometimes when you have a pretty girl for awhile, you forget how pretty she is. But when you throw the ugly girl next to her, you say, ‘No, I’m really doing well.’ Maybe we need to bring Drew out so we know we’re really doing well.”

Ouch!

While Irvin’s jokes were at a high expense to Bledsoe, the point was well taken. People forget that by Bledsoe’s last two years, his combination of clay feet and slow internal clock made him the target of pass rushers everywhere.

Totally missed that whole quote from Irvin. Now it makes more sense.

As you know, I try to post as much info as quickly as I can up until the season starts. I know I missed a few days with updates, but hey...

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasnews.com
    Dallas WR Roy Williams went down in Thursday's practice with what appeared to be a shoulder injury. There were some reports that he had broken his collarbone. However, the Dallas Morning News said X rays were negative and that Williams did not have a broken collarbone.
    Further news on this is that x-rays did not reveal a break in his collarbone or shoulder and is being ruled right now a severe sprain. No timetable is set for Williams return.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    As you know, I try to post as much info as quickly as I can up until the season starts. I know I missed a few days with updates, but hey...

Further news on this is that x-rays did not reveal a break in his collarbone or shoulder and is being ruled right now a severe sprain. No timetable is set for Williams return.
    Yeah...I own him in both my leagues...why the hell are they playing football with no pads on?

"I'm not implying that we have a long-winded thing here," said Jones, who stated that the Cowboys will not consider signing a veteran receiver. "Based on our review here, we're talking about a very short timespan. I don't know that he'll go Saturday ... but he'll be out there real quick."

Contusion

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Question:
    The Cowboys Stadium is scheduled to host the Super Bowl for NEXT season. I'm wondering what happens if the Cowboys were to be participants in that Super Bowl? Would they still have it there, cuz they have like 4-5 years in advance planing done for who gets the Super Bowl....so idk.

Senior Member All-Star
    Tony Romo will never let that happen

Seriously though, if the super bowl is scheduled at a team's stadium and they actually make it to the super bowl, they play the game as scheduled. At least as far as I understand

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    Tony Romo will never let that happen

Seriously though, if the super bowl is scheduled at a team's stadium and they actually make it to the super bowl, they play the game as scheduled. At least as far as I understand
    If that's true, I wonder if Jerry Jones has put any thought into this? Wasn't there also talk of a uncapped season next year?

The Super Bowl is NOT changed if the team making it happens to be the team hosting it.

Where the fuck did you come up with that? It must have happened before...hasnt it?

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Nope. Home state, yes, but never home city.

Thread Information