Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cowboys

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Dallas Cowboys

What really caused the injury?? Team drills or Jessica's ________ ???

Cowboys QB Tony Romo dinged his left, non-throwing hand during team drills. He was examined by athletic trainer Jim Maurer and had his left middle finger taped. Romo was able to complete the rest of practice and did not appear bothered by the injury.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

You gotta use more than one finger!!

Senior Member All-Star Motorcat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    You gotta use more than one finger!!
    Real men only need one finger FLY.

and I thought Romo and Simpson were done.

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    What really caused the injury?? Team drills or Jessica's ________ ???

Maybe it's got teeth... wasn't there some bad 'B' movie made about that or something?

Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    Maybe it's got teeth... wasn't there some bad 'B' movie made about that or something?
    Oh damn.......... I forgot all about that... Yeah, I think it was called TEETH actually.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcat View Post
    youngsters.....they never learn!!

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcat View Post

and I thought Romo and Simpson were done.
    lies

A back-up for Romo???

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Worth Star
    Multiple sources have said the Dallas Cowboys are looking for an upgrade at quarterback to play immediately behind Tony Romo this season. Current second-stringer Brad Johnson will be 40 in September, and the team has witnessed that his arm is no longer what it was when he was 30. The name that continues to float around Valley Ranch is former Texas star Chris Simms. Simms, 26, is under contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and has told friends he would definitely be interested in signing with the Cowboys.
    I have been hearing that Dallas is interested in Chris Simms for a while now, but then Jerry Jones still has confidence in Brad Johnson. Either way, Romo's job is secure unless he gets hurt.

Terry Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Morning News
    Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terry Glenn's situation remains muddled. It has to be resolved before the team flies to California on July 24 for training camp, so there's a deadline there. Glenn was wise to re-hire his agent, Jim Gould. He has been with Glenn for a long time including some tougher times in Glenn's career. The Cowboys have been waiting for Glenn to agree to an injury-risk related contract settlement pertaining to his chronic right knee problem.
    Well... This is interesting. I will guess that Glenn's trade value won't be what Jerry Jones may want, so I think he will let Glenn come back before this July 24th deadline.

this makes me love my Patrick Crayton pick in one of your leagues!!

this makes me love my Patrick Crayton pick in one of your leagues!!
    I thought you took him in both league!

I thought you took him in both league!
    well i'll be.....i did!! i didn't notice!!

well i'll be.....i did!! i didn't notice!!

Question: How quickly will Felix Jones progress?
    Todd Archer: Marion Barber will be the every-down back, but they don't want to burn him out with 300-plus carries this season. Jones looked fluid coming out of the backfield catching passes in off-season camps. It helps that the running game has similar terminology to what he had at Arkansas. He needs to show he can be more than just a speed threat. Julius Jones had about 12 touches per game in 2007. The Cowboys would want Felix Jones to have about 10 to 12 this season.
    I expect Felix Jones to get 12 touches a game picking up where Julius Jones left off.

Ehh...I don't think he will right off the bat, but come game 4-5, yeah I agree.

Jerry Jones announced that the Cowboys will waive Glenn. They are not closing the door on the possibility that he will rejoin the team down the road, but they don't want to risk him reinjuring the knee while rehabbing on their dime. Glenn will also be free to sign with another team.
    Jerry Jones wanted Glenn to sign an injury waiver just in case he re-injures his knee. Glenn refused. Glenn cut... Bottom line here is when Jerry Jones says jump and sign the waiver, you jump and sign the waiver. Don't try to challenge Jerry Jones. It won't get you too far.

Jessica Simpson's father, Joe Simpson attended this afternoon's workout. Jessica didn't join him on the hour-or-so-drive from Encino, Calif., but Papa Joe said his daughter would be here "soon." She's a huge Cowboys fan who just happens to be dating the franchise quarterback.
    "She's coming to the games this year, so you better get ready," Papa Joe said. "She's a fan from the beginning to the end."
    Well, Romo and the Cowboys values just gone down!

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Well, Romo and the Cowboys values just gone down!
    Shit, I better trade him now

If early indications mean anything, although sometimes they don't in training camp, then Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber's backup, rookie Felix Jones, might play a larger role than expected. Jones has been electric at times in training camp, showing impressive speed and vision. Running backs coach Skip Peete has been raving about him. Offensive coordinator Jason Garrett does not yet have a set formula for how the carries will be split between the running backs.
    Good for Felix. I think he can be very productive in the NFL. Barber's running style is one that could get him hurt a lot, so inserting Jones more often will help soften those chances.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has approved the reinstatement of Cowboys CB Adam "Pacman" Jones. Jones will now be available to play in the regular season opener versus Cleveland.
    Well this should have actually been expected. No way Jerry Jones makes the deal for him if he wasn't going to be able to play.

When the Dallas Cowboys open their season, they will have only two wide receivers on the active roster who have an NFL reception. Yet, HC Wade Phillips didn't seem too worried about that today. Expect to see Jason Witten line up in the slot a lot against the Browns. "Witten can be a third receiver," Phillips said. "Obviously, he's a force as a pass receiver...There's no reason you can't give it a Colts look where you've got Witten put in the slot like they did with [Dallas] Clark." Phillips mentioned that they can move Witten around because the other tight ends are playing well. MacMahon speculates that rookie TE Martellus Bennett should have a significant role in the season opener, and that RB Felix Jones is another guy the Cowboys can use in the slot.
    Great idea for Witten as well as another way to get Felix in the game.

So, how will they differentiate Roy Williams WR and Roy Williams DB in regards to the names on their jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    So, how will they differentiate Roy Williams WR and Roy Williams DB in regards to the names on their jerseys?
    Throw a ball their way. Roy (WR) will drop it, Roy (DB) will blow the coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post

one might say R.Williams while the other Roy Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Country View Post
    Throw a ball their way. Roy (WR) will drop it, Roy (DB) will blow the coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Thats more than he was worth.... I heard there were other teams involved so Dallas was forced to pony up.

I agree with KK get Stanton in there.
    Well... We really don't know what he is worth as a receiver because he never really had a QB to get him the ball.

The crazy thing for Dallas now is being able to deal with TO whining that Williams is getting the ball AND Williams whining that TO is getting the ball.

Senior Member All-Star MrScientist's Avatar
    Well... We really don't know what he is worth as a receiver because he never really had a QB to get him the ball.

The crazy thing for Dallas now is being able to deal with TO whining that Williams is getting the ball AND Williams whining that TO is getting the ball.
    Lol, Witten FTW

TO will still get his passes, it will be Witten that will get less throws to him. Remember the checkdown in DAL is TO, Witten, Barber, Crayton/Miles. It will now be TO, Williams, Witten, Barber, Crayton/Miles.

TO will still get his passes, it will be Witten that will get less throws to him. Remember the checkdown in DAL is TO, Witten, Barber, Crayton/Miles. It will now be TO, Williams, Witten, Barber, Crayton/Miles.
    Not for Romo. His first look is Witten. Everytime. TO is behind him. Hey, Johnson though. He'll figure it out!

You're a nitbag if you think Witten is his first look. On most passing plays (except those intended to go very short), a QB will always look to his WR before his TE. He will look to see if he has the long ball, if not go shorter to the TE. Here are some quotes I found from C&D site.

Don't think for a second that Owens' stats will decline sharply because Williams is joining the Cowboys.
    Witten will still be a very useful Fantasy option -- don't think twice about benching him -- but his stats will take a tumble from time to time with Williams helping the offense down the field. If anything, he'll still be used in the red zone and on other short-area plays.

Thread Information