Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Bills

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBills.com
    Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills WR Lee Evans said he does not think he will be double-covered as much this season as he was last season because of the addition of WR Terrell Owens.
    Wow... Evans is a genius. Even FlyGuy could have told us all that. T.O.'s biggest impact with the Bills is going to be to provide distraction for the other team's defense. As long as Edwards can find the targets, the Bills look to have a solid passing threat.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBills.com
    Chris Brown from Buffalobills.com is reporting that RB Fred Jackson is putting in extra time to work on his receiving skills. Whether it's in the slot or out wide Jackson has seen a heavy dose of receiver work, which is interesting considering the depth that the Bills have at the position already.
    With Lynch likely missing three games at the beginning of the season, Jackson will be the starter. Once Lynch comes back, Jackson's fantasy value may not go down as much as expected. Buffalo looking to run a no-huddle offense, both Jackson and Lynch could be lined up in the backfield at the same time and Jackson could get a lot of catches early and often.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

This is good to see...

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    The Associated Press reports that QB Trent Edwards is spending extra time after practice working with receivers Lee Evans and Terrell Owens and he has embraced 2009 as a "make or break year".
    Turk Schonert has added a few more no huddle plays as well as a few more 3 and 4 WR sets. Edwards has a shot at being a solid fantasy QB, the key will be for him to stay healthy.

I am sure I am going to get all kinds of beef and flack for this from a certain someone or two... But With Brady back on the field, Miami building on the positive steps of last year, and Buffalo improving in the off-season, I can see these three all with a winning record. Now before anyone gets bent out of shape, at the beginning of the season, during the season last year and towards the end of the season last year, I have stated that the J-E-T-S were still a year away which puts them in this year. This division could all be .500 or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo
    It's just J.P. Losman(notes) -- he of the 62.3 quarterback rating last year, a statistic in which he's actually managed to get worse with every year he's been in the league -- but I'm choosing to see this as a significant moment. Losman has put pen to paper and officially become a member of the Las Vegas franchise on a one-year contract.
    Unless Michael Vick(notes) signs, Losman is probably the UFL's marquee player. That may sound sort of like being named the coolest guy camping out in line for Star Wars tickets, but everybody's got to find a home somewhere. At the end of the day, J.P. Losman is still getting paid to play professional football, and that's still pretty sweet.
    Jim Fassel, the coach in Vegas, seems pretty psyched about the move.
    "Listen, if he'd have went back to the NFL and sat on the bench this year, then he'd have been no better off next year. Whatever anybody thought about him, they'd still say the same thing. Nothing would've changed. ... Instead, you go in this league and you play. The risk you take is you don't play well. But if you're an aggressive person, you say 'I'm going to play well, people are going to see me, and maybe I can erase some of those negatives that were in the past, and a lot of people will say, wow, look at him play now. He's a new guy.'"
    I think, for a lot of guys, that's the right attitude to have. The UFL's inaugural season will last six games and conclude on Thanksgiving weekend. Say Losman plays well over those six games, and an NFL team is looking for someone to fill in for an injured or ineffective quarterback. All the sudden, Losman looks pretty good, or at least less rusty than someone who's been doing nothing since last season.
    And if Losman doesn't play well, then he probably ends up sitting at home, unemployed, which would leave him exactly where he was when he started. So why not take a chance, get coached up by Jim Fassel, and learn by playing, rather than sitting?
    Good for Losman getting a job. It's pretty funny seeing Losman and marquee player in the same line, but hey...

But like they said, he's still getting paid to play football. Not a bad day job!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo News
    Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports that WR Josh Reed is "locked in" as the third receiver behind Terrell Owens and Lee Evans.
    He is in a tough spot as far as fantasy value goes...

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBills.Com
    Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports that RB Marshawn Lynch got the bulk of the work and had "some good burst in his step" in the training camp practice on Saturday.
    Early word was that Fred Jackson was going to force a true commitee in Buffalo, but all looks at camp shows quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rochester Democrat
    Kevin Oklobzija, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports that Buffalo WR Josh Reed will move back to the slot this year, "a spot that best suits his well-rounded skill set". Oklobzija writes that Reed should get open underneath a lot if Terrell Owens and Lee Evans are running downfield routes, and Reed's excellent blocking ability will continue to be harnessed.
    If the Bills commit to a no-huddle, Reed could be a 50-60 reception guy and prove valuable in PPR leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    The Associated Press reports Buffalo Bills RB Fred Jackson (thumb) aggravated a left thumb injury during practice Tuesday, Aug. 25, and was having tests done on the thumb
    No word on severity of the injury yet, but this can be terrible news for Buffalo who NEED Jackson to play in place of suspended Marshawn Lynch. Ball security is in jeopardy if he plays with a hurt hand.

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    No word on severity of the injury yet, but this can be terrible news for Buffalo who NEED Jackson to play in place of suspended Marshawn Lynch. Ball security is in jeopardy if he plays with a hurt hand.
    Would def suck for BUF with both FJax and Lynch out, but they do have Dom Rhodes, who had some decent games last yr and still has some juice in the tank. I don't think he'll put up superstar numbers by any means, but he could carry the load for a few gms if necessary.

My god this franchise is cursed.

Only this stupid ass team could blow that game. F*cking shitty Pats luck out like always.

lol, ended like a high school game.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar

Full-Time hockey maniac All-Star Hawkeye's Avatar
    Way to blow it McKelvin... stupid bum

Posluszny broke is arm last night.

Dickheads
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4476626
    Quote Originally Posted by espn.com
    McKelvin's front lawn vandalized

Comment Email Print Share
    Associated Press

HAMBURG, N.Y. -- Bills players are concerned with their privacy and safety after the front lawn of a home belonging to cornerback Leodis McKelvin was vandalized following Buffalo's season-opening loss to New England.
    AFC East blog

ESPN.com's Tim Graham writes about all things AFC East in his division blog.
    Blog network: NFL Nation

Hamburg police on Tuesday confirmed the home of a Bills player was vandalized, but declined to release details of their investigation after an obscenity and the score of Monday night's game -- a 25-24 loss to the Patriots -- were painted in white on the player's lawn in suburban Buffalo.
    McKelvin fumbled a kickoff return with under two minutes to play and the Bills leading 24-19. Three plays later, New England's Tom Brady hit Benjamin Watson for the go-ahead touchdown as the Patriots overcome an 11-point deficit in the final 2:06.
    Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell referred to a teammate's home being vandalized in a post on his Twitter page, though he did not say it was McKelvin's home. Mitchell warned fans that such behavior is disturbing.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    that's fucked up.

What's with the defensive injuries in week one? Off the top of my head -- The curse strikes Troy.. then we see Urlacher go down, Mayo and Posly.. Rough week for IDP and respective teams defenses. I know it's common for players to sustain injury in the early weeks of a season but this seems kinda excessive to me.

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    How do you go from looking solid and promising vs the Patriots then four weeks later look misguided and downright awful vs the Browns?

Senior Member All-Star
    The first game was a mirage. They have a horrible offensive line, Trent Edwards checksdown on every play, and they have terrible coaching. Even their special teams, which is normally the only good part of the team, sucks this year. The injuries have been piling up (especially on defense), but really even if they were healthy they wouldn't be doing anything anyway. Though maybe they would have beaten Cleveland, haha.

I'm praying they fire Jauron, but I know it won't happen until the end of the year. And when it does happen, they better clear out the front office as well. Start over. I'll be pissed if we don't make changes there, though it probably wouldn't surprise me.

As awful as that game was, it was actually kinda hilarious (even as a bills fan).

The Bills should trade TO to the Cowgirls.

See ya next week Buf!

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Sounds like the Bears want him.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Jerry Jones wouldn't be able to swallow his pride and get TO back.

Trading TO would probably cost Buffalo a lot of fans. It'd be a white flag for more than just the season IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post
    Jerry Jones wouldn't be able to swallow his pride and get TO back.

Trading TO would probably cost Buffalo a lot of fans. It'd be a white flag for more than just the season IMO.
    Couldn't disagree more. Getting ANYTHING for TO would be great. One year deal, went wrong, get what you can.

Yeah even a draft pick or two for him would be good I would think, they do need to trade him IMO before Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. Getting ANYTHING for TO would be great. One year deal, went wrong, get what you can.
    With the TO signing was the concept that the team was making progress and that they were dedicated to trying to put a winning team out their and get players that could enable them to do that.

Trading TO after 5 games is basically sending the message of "We give up already....better luck next season" Thats going to lose a lot of fans

I would trade him for a few reasons, 1st, get something for him, 2nd, we all know what he's like when he does not get his own way, & when his team is no good, I think things are only going to get worse in Buffalo this year, which cant be good with him around.
    Last edited by two24four; 10-17-2009 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post
    With the TO signing was the concept that the team was making progress and that they were dedicated to trying to put a winning team out their and get players that could enable them to do that.

Trading TO after 5 games is basically sending the message of "We give up already....better luck next season" Thats going to lose a lot of fans
    Dude, there is no reason to believe their season isn't over. Look at the Division and tell me the fans think they still have a shot!

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Are we talking about these fans
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Thread Information