Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 164

Thread: Buffalo Bills

  1. #31
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,355

  2. #32
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    I;m getting sick of all these Bill's fans whining about the game being played in Toronto. Yes, I realize the MIA game was probably the wrong game to take away from the city of Buffalo, but what's worse, losing 1 game a year to Toronto or having the franchise relocate to LA?!?

    And the bit about how we should open the roof of the Dome - it'd be sweet, but the stadium is not built for sub-zero temperatures, so no dice...let it be!

  3. #33
    2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I;m getting sick of all these Bill's fans whining about the game being played in Toronto. Yes, I realize the MIA game was probably the wrong game to take away from the city of Buffalo, but what's worse, losing 1 game a year to Toronto or having the franchise relocate to LA?!?

    And the bit about how we should open the roof of the Dome - it'd be sweet, but the stadium is not built for sub-zero temperatures, so no dice...let it be!
    They're going to lose the entire franchise anyway, so.....

    And it's not just that it's Miami (a division rival) it's a snow game and those are always more epic. If it would have been the Seattle, Oakland or Jacksonville game, I'm sure a much smaller fuss would have been made.


  4. #34
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Buffalo fans might be the biggest whiners in the league, just turn on the Buffalo all sports radio sometime and you will find out, it's funny as hell.

    I'm taking Miami to win this game.
    Last edited by two24four; 12-06-2008 at 11:48 AM.

  5. #35
    2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Buffalo fans might be the biggest whiners in the league, just turn on the Buffalo all sports radio sometime and you will find out, it's funny as hell.

    I'm taking Miami to win this game.
    I've never listened, but I wouldn't say most of the Bills fans I know are 'whiners'. More depressed (except when they were winning I hear a bunch of ridiculous shit...) than anything. They complain like all fans (why Edwards is gun shy, We suck @ coach challenges, Lynch needs to stop trying to make every run into a 20yd cutback, etc) but I wouldn't categorize it more than any regular fan base. The home game in Toronto is all it is.....you'd complain if the Pats oversees game counted as a home game and you had season tickets


  6. #36
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post
    I've never listened, but I wouldn't say most of the Bills fans I know are 'whiners'. More depressed (except when they were winning I hear a bunch of ridiculous shit...) than anything. They complain like all fans (why Edwards is gun shy, We suck @ coach challenges, Lynch needs to stop trying to make every run into a 20yd cutback, etc) but I wouldn't categorize it more than any regular fan base. The home game in Toronto is all it is.....you'd complain if the Pats oversees game counted as a home game and you had season tickets
    It's not just about the game in Toronto though, I'm telling you, they whine about everything they can, "oh we should be 9-3 not 6-6, our team is better then that blah, blah, blah"......suck it up, you are 6-6 and there is nothing you can do about it, really your team played over there heads the 1st few weeks, now we are seeing the real Bills....Pats are 7-5, I wish they where 12-0 but we got beat by better teams in those 5 games, nothing we can do now...

    I know every fan of every team at some point whines about stuff, but they are bad, they bitch about anything and everything.

    If the Pats ended up the home team overseas I would just have to suck it up like every other home team does that plays over there, or here in Canada, nothing we can do, it's a bonus we are not the home team over there next season, not going to lie, but I would not cry if we where.
    Last edited by two24four; 12-06-2008 at 12:30 PM.

  7. #37
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,355
    Meh...I think every team has a section of fans like that. I am a huge Bills fan and I realize the team isn't really better than their record. I think most of the Bills fans I know agree with that.

    As for the people whining about the game in Toronto - I am sure for most of them it's just them being protective of their team. For the people living in Buffalo, it seems like the first step to them losing the Bills.

    I remember b_llin posted one thing they should look into a few months ago...instead of moving the team, split the games between Toronto and Buffalo. That made sense to me - makes it financially viable but the people in buffalo still keep their team.

    I'm sure living in Ontario has something to do with it since you would hear from a lot mroe Bills fans than I would, but most of the other ones I've had contact with aren't really all that whiny (at least about things other than the current coaching staff). We realize our team sucks.

  8. #38
    2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,680
    I think the Bills have the talent of a team better than 6-6. but when you score 3 pts against a team that avgs 26 against per game. You deserve to lose those games.

    It could be worse.....

    You could be the Lions....


  9. #39
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,355
    Haha, definitely could be worse.

    The only reason I disagree with the 6-6 thing is the fact that they've had SUCH an easy schedule. Part of the reason they looked so good was they were playing teams that were supposed to be good that didn't turn out that way (Seattle, Jacksonville, San Diego). Even at the beginning of the year, they were lucky to beat Oakland and they were losing to the Rams into the fourth quarter (the score of that game was very misleading - it was a very close game).

    They haven't beat a legitimate decent team all year, and now that they've stopped being able to win against the easy teams their record looks even worse. As bad as they were against their divison, if they had won the games against Cleveland and San Fransisco they are tied for the division lead with the Jets right now. The fact that they CAN'T win those games indicates to me that they just aren't that good.

    I think they have some really good players on the team and overall they are probably in better shape than they have been for most of this decade (which uh, isn't saying much haha). But really, this year they benefited from a really easy schedule and I think that was the reason for their early season success.

    I do hope I'm wrong though.

  10. #40
    Lets go Buffalo!!! All-Star Buffalo87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    It's not just about the game in Toronto though, I'm telling you, they whine about everything they can, "oh we should be 9-3 not 6-6, our team is better then that blah, blah, blah"......suck it up, you are 6-6 and there is nothing you can do about it, really your team played over there heads the 1st few weeks, now we are seeing the real Bills....Pats are 7-5, I wish they where 12-0 but we got beat by better teams in those 5 games, nothing we can do now...

    I know every fan of every team at some point whines about stuff, but they are bad, they bitch about anything and everything.

    If the Pats ended up the home team overseas I would just have to suck it up like every other home team does that plays over there, or here in Canada, nothing we can do, it's a bonus we are not the home team over there next season, not going to lie, but I would not cry if we where.
    Oh come on 24, you know every fan base has fans saying "my team is better tahn their record and we should've won this game and this game, etc." But being in close proximity to Buffalo and being a Pats fan, of course you're going to hear it the most from Bills fans, but all fan bases have people like that.

    I'm sure you're right, if the Pats ended up the home team overseas you would suck it up and not complain...just like as Bills fans you won't hear me or Hobbes whining or bitching about the game in Toronto. It sucks but what are we gonna do? Enough with the sweeping generalizations...


    14 Team Head-to-Head Salary Dynasty League (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SO)

    Start 3 C, 6 W, 4 D, 2 Util, 2 G, NO BENCH

    C - Jason Spezza, Anze Kopitar, Jeff Carter, Peter Mueller, Patrick O'Sullivan

    W - Evgeni Malkin, Marian Gaborik, Thomas Vanek, Ales Hemsky, Michael Cammalleri, Sean Avery
    D - Dan Boyle, Mike Green, Andrej Meszaros, Scott Neidermayer
    G - Marc-Andre Fleury, Rick Dipietro


    Minors - Kari Lehtonen, Kris Letang, Drew Stafford, Jiri Hudler, Brian Little, Travis Zajac, Maxim Afinogenov, MA Bergeron, Zach Hamill, Gilbert Brule, Mikael Backlund

    Salary Cap - 85 mil
    Total Salary - 76.69


    www.dynastyhockeyleague.com

  11. #41
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
    Oh come on 24, you know every fan base has fans saying "my team is better tahn their record and we should've won this game and this game, etc." But being in close proximity to Buffalo and being a Pats fan, of course you're going to hear it the most from Bills fans, but all fan bases have people like that.

    I'm sure you're right, if the Pats ended up the home team overseas you would suck it up and not complain...just like as Bills fans you won't hear me or Hobbes whining or bitching about the game in Toronto. It sucks but what are we gonna do? Enough with the sweeping generalizations...
    I never said you or Hobbes are crying about it, alot of Bills fans are though, b_illin was the one who brought that up.

    Also like I said, I know every fan of every team whines about something at some point during the season, it just seems like the ones who call in are worse, that's why I never tune into the radio after a Leafs game, for that very same reason

    On a side note, they seem to think there will be more Miami fans at this game then Bills fans, guess we will find out soon enough.
    Last edited by two24four; 12-07-2008 at 12:30 PM.

  12. #42
    2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    On a side note, they seem to think there will be more Miami fans at this game then Bills fans, guess we will find out soon enough.
    I still don't get the people who who Colts/Pats/Bengals jersey's to that game.....


  13. #43
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post
    I still don't get the people who who Colts/Pats/Bengals jersey's to that game.....
    It's the first regular season NFl game ever in Canada - I think the game drew Bills fans and also NFL fans and those ppl who are NFL fans probably felt like wearing their team colours.

  14. #44
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    It's the first regular season NFl game ever in Canada - I think the game drew Bills fans and also NFL fans and those ppl who are NFL fans probably felt like wearing their team colours.
    Bingo, Hockeyis#1 it's Canada dude, most people here dont just cheer for one team, where I live there are fans of TEN, PIT, NE, CAR, BUF, MIA, KC, etc..... most people here cheer for diff teams, I think it's cool people stilll had there fav teams jesey's on, good for them, still showing love for who they cheer for.

    Alot of people around here really hate the Bills as well.
    Last edited by two24four; 12-08-2008 at 01:11 PM.

  15. #45
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,087
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  16. #46
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    haha, I saw this as well, I dont think it's that big of a deal right now.

  17. #47
    2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Alot of people around here really hate the Bills as well.
    What a place for a bills home game eh?!


  18. #48
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post
    What a place for a bills home game eh?!
    two24four was partially right in that there are a lot of ppl who dislike them...but there are also a lot who do and a lot who don't have a team and would become Bills fans if they played here with more regularity.

  19. #49
    2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,680
    don't know if everyone saw this:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhiJjuefPw"]YouTube - Hitler's mad about Terrell Owens in Buffalo[/ame]


  20. #50
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    two24four was partially right in that there are a lot of ppl who dislike them...but there are also a lot who do and a lot who don't have a team and would become Bills fans if they played here with more regularity.
    Around Niagara area and such I'm sure there are alot of Bills fans no doubt. I just find for the most part in Ontario it's a mix of every NFL teams who people like, I know alot of NFL fans who dislike the Bills alot around here. Up around the Windsor area I'm sure most are Lions fans as well there.
    Last edited by two24four; 03-25-2009 at 12:31 PM.

  21. #51
    Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,718
    I grew up in London, and pretty well everybody I knew was either a Bills or a Cowboys fan (with the odd Bears and Lions fan sprinkled in). Being a 'Phins fan made the early 90's pretty tough on me, lol.

    24 is right about Niagara. I just moved away from the Niagara region last year, and it seems everybody around there is a Bills fan, almost without exception.

  22. #52
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,808
    Looks like Marshawn Lynch will be suspended for the first three games of the regular season:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

  23. #53
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    13,253
    looks like that makes it easier on me on whether I should keep him as my 2nd round draft pick in my keeper league. It's been nice knowing you Lynch. I might pick your ass back up later in the draft if you are still available.

  24. #54
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Bills will play the Jets in Toronto Dec 3rd. It's a Thursday night as well.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-14-2009 at 10:36 PM.

  25. #55
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Alot of people calling into the sports radio shows are really pissed off that it's the Jets playing the Bills in Toronto this season and not the Colts like they said a month or so ago.

  26. #56
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Report: Bills trade T Peters to Philly.

    http://tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=275392

  27. #57
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Report: Bills trade T Peters to Philly.

    http://tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=275392
    Makes a bad O-Line, a worse O-Line.



  28. #58
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Makes a bad O-Line, a worse O-Line.
    Yeah for sure, but now they have two 1st round picks this year, I'm sure they will take a OT with one of those picks I would think.

  29. #59
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Yeah for sure, but now they have two 1st round picks this year, I'm sure they will take a OT with one of those picks I would think.
    Or not.

    Maybin is an odd pick for the Bills here. Not sure what they saw in Maybin and what they didn't see in Orakpo. I think Orakpo would have been the better DE if that is what they were going for. I saw quite a few Penn State games, and Maybin never really impressed me that much. At least not enough to be a first round pick as a sophomore. Terrible against the run, too. Eric Wood in the 2nd round I question, too... He is a good center, but I don't think Buffalo needed to blow a their 2nd pick on a center. I do like Byrd in the 2nd, and Levitre is a good pick also. Not sure how much of Nic and Cary Harris we will see or Lankster either. The TE in the 4th round is a good pick. Kind of small for a TE, but can run routes and has good hands and I would consider him over Derek Fine in a heart beat.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  30. #60
    Washed Up All-Star Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,879
    It was unforgivable for them not to take a tackle. I don't care if Levi Jones gets cut, that was just bad.




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •