Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Bills

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Buffalo Bills

I applaud the organization for this:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—The Buffalo Bills released Kevin Everett on Tuesday, clearing the way for the former tight end to receive disability benefits for the spinal cord injury that ended his career.

Everett was initially paralyzed from the neck down after a violent collision with then-Denver receiver Domenik Hixon on a kickoff return in last year’s season opener.

Doctors doubted Everett would walk again, but the Texas native regained many motor skills, including the ability to walk without assistance.

Everett will be able to apply for long-term disability benefits and a one-time payment under the player health reimbursement plan. He would not have been eligible for the programs if he stayed on the Bills active roster.

“We had numerous discussions with the league in dealing with this process to assist him in the best way possible,” the team said in a statement Tuesday. “Kevin will always remain a Buffalo Bill in the same way that Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and so many others before him are held in the highest regard by our franchise.”

Everett, originally selected by the Bills in the third round of the 2005 draft, is also eligible for full pension benefits because of credit for three seasons.

“The Buffalo Bills continue to be moved by Kevin Everett’s heartwarming story of his recovery,” the team said in a statement released Tuesday. “His progress from September 9 of last year through today is nothing short of a miracle, and is a tremendous example of faith, family and hard work.”

Joining Everett on the waived/failed physical list is WR Chris Denney, who sustained a knee injury while playing in NFL Europa last season. Denney was an undrafted free agent signed by the Bills in 2006
    To be held in the same regard as Jim Kelly and Thurmon Thomas is saying something. I wonder if he gets an in-house job within the organization somewhere.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Wabba wabba First Liner walker42500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I applaud the organization for this:

To be held in the same regard as Jim Kelly and Thurmon Thomas is saying something. I wonder if he gets an in-house job within the organization somewhere.

Maybe but I doubt it. He should go back to "The U" and try to clean that program up. Coach or something, I don't know. He seems like a real clean cut guy that isn't involved in anything he isn't supposed to be unlike half that team.

On another note, IIRC, they're were a few people that were criticizing the work of the Cappucino guy that operated on Everett saying his techniques were unethical, because it had never been done before. Fact is though, Everett can live a normal life and those people can fuck off.
    Hello, yeah this is head ball coach. He ran a what? Hey I told you he could really go. Yeah, click clack.

Uh-oh...

Source: John Wawrow, AP

Erie County District Attorney Frank Clark calls Bills running back Marshawn Lynch the "principal suspect" in an alleged hit-and-run accident, saying the player was inside his vehicle when it struck and injured a pedestrian.
    What's unclear, Clark said Thursday, is whether Lynch was driving the 2008 Porsche SUV when it struck a woman crossing an intersection in downtown Buffalo before speeding off early Saturday.

"There were other people in the car, too, (Lynch) wasn't the only person in the car," Clark told The Associated Press. "I don't know whether he was driving that car or not. But I'm confident that before the investigation ends, we're going to find out, whether he talks to us or whether he doesn't."
    I want the death penalty for Marshawn Lynch...

Just f*ckin' with y'all...
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBills.com
    Buffalo Bills RB Marshawn Lynch returned to practice yesterday, a day earlier than expected. He'd missed time after having Lasik eye surgery. He is expected to fully participate in the mandatory camp that begins today.
    Wow... to think how much better he can be now that he can see!!! So let's see if he can get that pesky Hit And Run incident cleared up and he can get back to focusing on football.

I hope so King, I'm counting on him (and AP) in our C&D League!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    I hope so King, I'm counting on him (and AP) in our C&D League!!
    ...and your 1st and 2nd round draft picks Russell and McFadden.

A little more for the Buffalo fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo News

Rookie WR Steve Johnson, a 7th round pick from Kentucky, has caught the attention of his coaches, along with most of the passes thrown his direction during offseason practices. Johnson's size, hands and run after the catch ability have impressed the coaches so far.

"He's doing a good job," Bills wide receivers coach Tyke Tolbert said . "He's like all the other rookies, the head's spinning a little bit. But he's a playmaking guy. We were very fortunate to get him where we drafted him because we had a higher grade than where we got him."
    There aren't too many rookies to get excited about in June, but there are always names to watch. Even if you store him in the memory banks for the future. There always seems to be that player to emerge from out of nowhere. Not saying he is the next Marques Colston. But its worth a watch.

...and your 1st and 2nd round draft picks Russell and McFadden.
    more like 13th for Russell and 4th-6th for McFadden.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    more like 13th for Russell and 4th-6th for McFadden.
    You'd probably have Russell fall to you at 13th... I am not so sure about McFadden though. I was talking to a couple of the dudes in Cash n Dash when we went to the WMMR-B-Q, and there is interest in McFadden, even talks about trading players and picks...then almost at the same time, Sludge and I think T-Town were like if Jedi doesn't take him in the 1st.

You'd probably have Russell fall to you at 13th... I am not so sure about McFadden though. I was talking to a couple of the dudes in Cash n Dash when we went to the WMMR-B-Q, and there is interest in McFadden, even talks about trading players and picks...then almost at the same time, Sludge and I think T-Town were like if Jedi doesn't take him in the 1st.
    No, I learned my lesson with rookies too early. I would take him with that extra pick you gave me though!!

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr., Chief Operating Officer Russ Brandon, three other Bills officials and three players all may be required to tell an Erie County grand jury what they know about the hit-and-run accident involving a vehicle owned by running back Marshawn Lynch. Three players already have been issued subpoenas to appear before the grand jury next Friday - rookie wide receivers James Hardy and Steve Johnson and second-year offensive lineman Christian Gaddis, law enforcement sources said late Thursday.
    The once clean and quiet Bills are quickly becoming the new Bengals.

The once clean and quiet Bills are quickly becoming the new Bengals.
    I think it's a tad early to be suggesting that the Bills are becoming the Bengals. It sounds like whoever was driving made a mistake, but it was one incident....I need at least 2 more to start thinking they're in the same league as the Bengals!

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I think it's a tad early to be suggesting that the Bills are becoming the Bengals. It sounds like whoever was driving made a mistake, but it was one incident....I need at least 2 more to start thinking they're in the same league as the Bengals!
    No, no....... Major incident #2. Back in mid-May, Bills 2nd rounder, WR James Hardy pulls a gun on his father. Dad never pressed charges and Hardy supposedly has a gun permit, so for the time being no further action against Hardy will be taken.

http://www.buffalobillsreport.com/in...&theme=Printer

No, no....... Major incident #2. Back in mid-May, Bills 2nd rounder, WR James Hardy pulls a gun on his father. Dad never pressed charges and Hardy supposedly has a gun permit, so for the time being no further action against Hardy will be taken.

http://www.buffalobillsreport.com/in...&theme=Printer
    My bad, didn't see that.

My bad, didn't see that.
    No problem...

No problem...
    Are you flirting with me KK? (all this winking!!! ......)

Are you flirting with me KK? (all this winking!!! ......)
    ...... If you look like Stacy Keibler then yes... or even Jennifer Love Hewitt, then yes... If not... then nah!

...... If you look like Stacy Keibler then yes... or even Jennifer Love Hewitt, then yes... If not... then nah!
    Thankfully, I look like neither!!

Thankfully, I look like neither!!
    haha...

More on Lynch.

The Buffalo News is reporting that the hit-and-run case against Bills RB Marshawn Lynch may be resolved soon. Lynch's attorney, Michael P. Caffery, told The Buffalo News he's hoping for a quick resolution, but declined to comment further. "We'd like to obtain a resolution soon," Caffery said. "I can't say any more than that." District Attorney Frank J. Clark seems to agree. "My gut feeling is that it will be solved before anybody is called to the grand jury. But I've been wrong before," Clark said.
    Finally. Let's see how this shakes out. The lady that was hit in the accident is now saying her injuries are worse than what's been reported and that she is in the care of several doctors. Hmmm. One angle to remember also - regardless of what the authorities decide here, Lynch could still have Roger Goodell to deal with.

More on Lynch.

Source: Chris Brown, Buffalobills.com

Lynch's receiving numbers were surprisingly low despite being known as an every down back coming out of Cal, but there was a reason that was the case. Often times Lynch was not on the field in any situation where it was 3rd-and-3 or greater. Offensive coordinator Turk Schonert explains why Lynch wasn't on the field more as a rookie in Steve Fairchild's offense.
    "We held him back and Anthony Thomas handled more of the third down role in the beginning of the season because we didn't want to throw too much at (Lynch)," Schonert recalled.

Now a year later, a season wiser and with no wily veteran back on the roster, Lynch figures to be the true every down back the Bills envisioned him to be when they drafted him 12th overall in 2007.

"I anticipate him being in on third down a lot more," said Schonert of Lynch. "He's had a year, he understands the protections now and I think this year he'll be an integral part of our third down package."
    Good for Lynch owners, great for Lynch owners in leagues that count receptions.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell appeared at Buffalo Bills training camp this morning after having a meeting with Senator Schumer and owner Ralph Wilson. Goodell stated that running back Marshawn Lynch, based on how his hit-and-run case played out, did not violate the league's personal conduct policy and will not face any disciplinary action from the league.
    Interesting..... Cowboys coach buys HGH with a prescription to help with his diabetes and is fined $100,000 and suspended 5 games, yet Lynch runs over a lady with his car, flees the scene and he is good to go.

Knee to knee collision...

Quote Originally Posted by AP

Buffalo Bills starting QB Trent Edwards sustained a deep bruise to his right quadriceps during practice Tuesday night, and it's unclear whether he'll return to practice this week.
    It appeared he bumped knees with RB Marshawn Lynch. After going down, he remained there for close to five minutes as team trainers examined his knee.

"We'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow holds for it so I'll wait until the morning," coach Dick Jauron said. "Sometimes they come back very quickly, and sometimes they don't. Sometimes it turns into a deep bleeding thing and we're hoping it's not that."
    Not that Edwards is high on the QB list, but still...

For the first time in a week Bills QB Trent Edwards is practicing with his teammates after missing time with a bruised right quadriceps
    Good news for Edwards and Buffalo. They really didn't want to go with Losman.

Buffalo Bills quarterback Trent Edwards is back and offensive tackle Langston Walker is getting close as the Bills returned to practice Tuesday. Edwards looked pretty sharp during the nearly 2 1/2-hour session at Ralph Wilson Stadium, showing no ill effects from the bruised right quadriceps that sidelined him for most of last week. Walker did not practice Tuesday, but his injured left forearm is feeling much better and should be healthy for the season opener against Seattle.
    More good news for Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Country View Post
    That's awesome...great to see in the greed-filled 21st century. (too bad his kids seem to be fucks)

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    It's a shame that when he dies, the team's future is much up in the air.

This town really loves this team too...

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Wide Right !!!! sorry just had too.

Peace Bills. Was nice having you hang around for the a little.

Thread Information