Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • TSN

36 87.80%
  • Sportsnet

5 12.20%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Senior Member All-Star
    Sean McCormik is the one married to Jennifer Hedger I think.

And two24four i agree - Loubardias is absolutely terrible. His play by play when a goal is scored is the worst - "he skee-orrrrs".

Senior Member All-Star snoopzen's Avatar
    This time of the year, I definitely miss cable.

Senior Member All-Star
    TSN looks better simply because it has more money. Sportsnet is trying to catch up, but it takes time to defeat an established power when it comes to broadcasting. Now that they have Ted Rogers money, they will try to make a better run at TSN.

Generally, I watch whichever network is showing the content I want to see.

For highlights, The Score does kick both TSN and SN's asses.

One point, who the hell watches OTR? That is hands down the worst show in sports.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post

One point, who the hell watches OTR? That is hands down the worst show in sports.
    I use to watch it pretty much all the time when it 1st came on, but I'm with you, I also dont watch it anymore, I cant stand Landsberg, I dont know how any of his guests can put up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Sean McCormik is the one married to Jennifer Hedger I think.

And two24four i agree - Loubardias is absolutely terrible. His play by play when a goal is scored is the worst - "he skee-orrrrs".
    Good call...I always get them mixed up!

What !! Sean McCormik is married to Jennifer Hedger, wow I had no idea, I cant stand that guy,...........anyone remember when she was on the Lofters in the early 2000's, she was hot as hell on that show.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-15-2008 at 01:02 PM.

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    After the playoffs i take back my question. Glen Healy is easily the worst commentator i've ever heard. I've never wanted someone to shutup as much as him. He's worse then Bryant Gumbel doing football, he's just boring and not completely fucking retarded and full of himself like Healy.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boredguy View Post
    After the playoffs i take back my question. Glen Healy is easily the worst commentator i've ever heard. I've never wanted someone to shutup as much as him. He's worse then Bryant Gumbel doing football, he's just boring and not completely fucking retarded and full of himself like Healy.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by boredguy View Post
    It's embarrassing how his name was thrown around as a possible GM of the Leafs.

3rd Line Grinder All-Star jelmhirst12's Avatar
    Honestly I like the Score the best.
    12 Roto - Non-keeper - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG ... W, GAA, S%, SO

C- M. Koivu, Fisher
    LW - Ovechkin, Brunette
    RW - Dumont, Gionta
    W- Okposo
    F- Weiss
    D - Lidstrom, Keith, Campbell, Suter
    Bench - Myers, Sturm, C. Stewart
    G - Huet, Turco
    B- Ward
    IR - DiPietro

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    The Score can suck my balls.

How can you have an HD channel STILL broadcasting every highlight in regular def? It looks like shit. Fuck them until they actually put some money into their show.

/end rant

The Score is awesome IMO, getting better and better all the time, most of there new shows kick ass, as I have said before, if Sportsnet did not show Leafs games, Baseball, Lacrosse, and Jr hockey I dont think I would really watch it much, I do like Martine Gaillard, Kipper, Toth and the Bob Cat though.
    Last edited by two24four; 05-26-2008 at 10:19 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    The Score is usually the best for highlights (they should be, its their damn mandate). But I find their Drive This (I think that's what its called) show unbearable. Do I really want to watch a show where some chick (who probably only got the job because her father is a high powered agent) spends the entire show saying, 'uh huh', 'ya'. Its like the Timbaland version of a sports show side kick.

But like I said earlier, I usually just watch whichever channel is showing the sporting event I want to see. I'm not that picky.

Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    The Score can suck my balls.

How can you have an HD channel STILL broadcasting every highlight in regular def? It looks like shit. Fuck them until they actually put some money into their show.

/end rant
    They have some in HD feeds - I would guess they can't get an HD feed for every highlight for one reason or another (I'm guessing some mkts don't shoot in HD). It's no different than TSN or Sportsnet HD - smae shit happens there.

The Score is usually the best for highlights (they should be, its their damn mandate). But I find their Drive This (I think that's what its called) show unbearable. Do I really want to watch a show where some chick (who probably only got the job because her father is a high powered agent) spends the entire show saying, 'uh huh', 'ya'. Its like the Timbaland version of a sports show side kick.

But like I said earlier, I usually just watch whichever channel is showing the sporting event I want to see. I'm not that picky.
    Me too. I hate that Sportsnet and now the Score are doing this these days. Muy annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    They have some in HD feeds - I would guess they can't get an HD feed for every highlight for one reason or another (I'm guessing some mkts don't shoot in HD). It's no different than TSN or Sportsnet HD - smae shit happens there.
    No they don't. TSN almost everything is in HD nowadays. The Score has NO highlights in an actual true HD feed. None. I've NEVER seen one. Ever. Even games THEY SHOWED IN HD, don't get replayed in HD on The Score's highlights packages.

Senior Member All-Star
    Me too. I hate that Sportsnet and now the Score are doing this these days. Muy annoying!
    Well, at least Prime Time Sports is a more compelling sports show (except when Mike Toth hosts of course, he tries so hard to be funny but he isn't).

Well, at least Prime Time Sports is a more compelling sports show (except when Mike Toth hosts of course, he tries so hard to be funny but he isn't).
    I can't stand that tool. I really don't like anything about Sportsnet. I only watch Score for occasional highlights and thus TSN is my sports destination.

I like The Score in theory too. None of their personalities really drive me insane which is all Sportsnet does. I don't think I like a single personality on those shows. Maybe the dude that does the hockey segments, can't remember his name. Millard maybe is it? The guy that hosts Hockeycentral with Kypreos(who I hate). I don't hate him that much. Not like the rest of the regulars.

And Martine's decent. Everyone else drives me up the wall. Toth. That guy from the west coast, "in Kovalevian fashion!", McKormick...fuck all those tools.

The Score has decent personalities. But sorry, you've had an HD channel for how long now and you still can't pay for satalite feeds from other cities so you get all highlights in HD? TSN does it. Sportsnet does it. If they did it they may be my favourite. As it stands, I refuse to have a home theater system worth over 7k and not be watching TV in HD...The Score looks like SHIT during highlights. If anyone has HDTV's and has tried watching regular TV, or tried watching the score, they know what I'm talking about.

TSN is the shit until The Score gets their game together.

Senior Member All-Star
    Sometimes the Score picture quality even looks like shit for standard definition. I was watching Toronto FC v NY Red Bulls a few weeks ago on the Score and the picture was terrible. I've streamed sporting events online with better quality.

Anyone else see the new Score studio tonight, it's sweet looking, I think it's the best now between TSN, Sportsnet and The Score, it's now all in HD as well, it look's huge now, nothing like that small "room" they had before.

The new studio even has window's where they stand and you can see the street outside behide them, they where joking tonight saying they can now also do the weather from the window.

The Score IMO is becoming #1 very, very fast, only down side is they dont show Leafs (NHL), Jays (MLB) or any NFL games, other then that it's awesome, for Sports news, highlights and all the new show's they now have, it's great.

Edit: Here is a story on the new studio....

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/488509
    Last edited by two24four; 09-03-2008 at 01:41 AM.

I read that Sean McCormick is going to be running for a seat on Toronto city council.

Oh and looking back in this thread, after bumping The Score up before, they are back down the list again IMO, they took a big time fall after getting rid of alot of there shows, Drive this, score tonight, there hockey show at night, etc....Gabe leaving also did not help them, alot of people did like him, but he does have a huge following.
    Last edited by two24four; 05-07-2010 at 11:49 AM.

The Score has been slipping....too bad as a year or two ago it was awesome. They really moved away from hockey...

The Score has been slipping....too bad as a year or two ago it was awesome. They really moved away from hockey...
    Well it does not help that they dont show any NHL games, but yeah I agree, I did not mind there hockey show.

They are more into the NBA, and college sports. I was really pissed when they got rid of the score tonight, I loved watching Sid and Tim show highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Well it does not help that they dont show any NHL games, but yeah I agree, I did not mind there hockey show.

They are more into the NBA, and college sports. I was really pissed when they got rid of the score tonight, I loved watching Sid and Tim show highlights.
    Me too...I miss the daily hockey show with Kouleas as well (they do one now, but I miss the hour-long version they had at 6pm and later on each night).
    Last edited by b_illin; 05-07-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post

Do you remember back in the day when they had the split screen showing simultaneous NHL games?

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    Do you remember back in the day when they had the split screen showing simultaneous NHL games?
    I remember when it was just a ticker. Used to watch it and/or put it on first thing in the morning back when i was addicted to proline. I also remember there was a local phone # you could call to get all the scores....I used to call on a payphone during break at work
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Fuck, I hate Mike Milbury.

Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    I remember when it was just a ticker. Used to watch it and/or put it on first thing in the morning back when i was addicted to proline. I also remember there was a local phone # you could call to get all the scores....I used to call on a payphone during break at work
    haha, yeah I remember both, they really have got away from hockey, they never use to show any live sports games til a few years ago.

Was it not called headline sports or something like that to start, back when Tim had hair.

Edit: I also must say Bob Cole called one his best games in a long, long time last night, doing the Habs vs Pens game, he was great.
    Last edited by two24four; 05-07-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    It's too bad Cole is senile/blind and has no clue what's happening any more. If you don't care that's he's incredible inaccurate with what he's saying he's still a great play by play guy.

Thread Information