Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • TSN

36 87.80%
  • Sportsnet

5 12.20%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

TSN or Sportsnet

Simple question for us Canadians. Which channel do you prefer?

Senior Member All-Star
    TSN by a mile.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    TSN for me as well, the only time I watch Sportsnet is for Leafs games, Jays games and the odd time to watch some of there hockey stuff, and Martine Gaillard but TSN is waaaaay better IMO all around, much better for hockey.

You should have added The Score as well, as I find myself watching it more then Sportsnet now, they can be pretty funny as well, the Score tonight and the Spin are good shows.

TSN is by far the best though.

Good poll. I hate Sportsnet. I always thought TSN had the big edge.

Senior Member All-Star
    TSN by a lot. I'd also put The Score before Sportsnet, but I pretty much only watch TSN.

I can't stand most of the people on Sportsnet...in fact, off the top of my head I can't really think of anyone they have that isn't annoying haha. I rarely watch, unless it's for a baseball or hockey game.

I know he's loved by so many people here in Vancouver, but I absolutely hate Don Taylor who does the highlights at night for Sportsnet Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    TSN by a lot. I'd also put The Score before Sportsnet, but I pretty much only watch TSN.

I can't stand most of the people on Sportsnet...in fact, off the top of my head I can't really think of anyone they have that isn't annoying haha. I rarely watch, unless it's for a baseball or hockey game.

I know he's loved by so many people here in Vancouver, but I absolutely hate Don Taylor who does the highlights at night for Sportsnet Pacific.
    Same here.

Can you see what I see??? Hall of Famer secol's Avatar
    The Score (mainly due to constant ticker)
    TSN
    Sportsnet (I notice they have gone for male hormones to power their show a bit more)

Senior Member Second Liner smitty42's Avatar
    TSN, The Score, Sportsnet

Love:
    Cabbie on the Street, Score Tonight, Sportscentre, Hockey Central, The Spin, Drive This, Game On.

Favourite anouncers: Tim Mcallef, Steve Koulias, Cam Stewart, Gabe Morency, Mike Toth, Martine Gaillard, Greg Sansone, Nick Kiprios, Darren Dreger, Sean Mccormik, Jamie Campbell, Darren Dutchyshen
    Favourite but now in Boston: Hazel May

Do not like: Jay Onrait, Brad Fay, Jennifer Hedger

"Right in the Tony Ambrogios!"

Full-Time hockey maniac All-Star Hawkeye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty42 View Post

Love:
    Cabbie on the Street, Score Tonight, Sportscentre, Hockey Central, The Spin, Drive This, Game On.

Favourite anouncers: Tim Mcallef, Steve Koulias, Cam Stewart, Gabe Morency, Mike Toth, Martine Gaillard, Greg Sansone, Nick Kiprios, Darren Dreger, Sean Mccormik, Jamie Campbell, Darren Dutchyshen

You rank Sportsnet last and yet most of you're favorite announcers are from Sportsnet... thats odd.

Senior Member All-Star

Love:

Onrait is the man! Him and O'Toole are dynamite.

Senior Member Second Liner smitty42's Avatar
    I just can't get around his sense of humor, there is more to these channels then just sports centres, I really like the programming that tsn has covering several hockey games, football etc, OTR, etc. The score always has up to the minute results/talk and there shows are entertaining.

Although I like many of sportsnet's broadcasters, their overall channel could use some work regarding games. Not a big fan of motorcross or poker on television, or some of the other shows they put together. To me there is more to offer on the other channels, they even got rid of March Madness this year I believe, and Bob Mcowan is a radio personality just dont like him on a network. The drive this guys are funny and I can always get a chuckle.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by gagne21 View Post
    Onrait is the man! Him and O'Toole are dynamite.
    Haha, agreed. Onrait is by far my favorite.

For real? you really like Campbell, I cant stand him doing Jays games..... one of my favs from Sportsnet (one of the few) is Mike Toth, he's funny as hell, his April fool's joke on the Fan 590 was great......... that Sean McCormick guy is a tool IMO, the guy they call "The Big Dude".

Looks like most people rank TSN 1st and The Score 2nd, that's great, I really think over the last year that The Score has got 100% better with all there new shows they have, Drive this is a great show, as is Hardcore hockey talk the Score tonight and the Spin, all great shows.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-10-2008 at 06:03 PM.

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Steve Koulias is the worst thing I've ever heard on TheScore. Anyone on his show is annoying and he's like a typical Maple Leaf fan on ADD; doesn't know anything about the game but just says loud, obnoxious things.

No way, Koulias know's his hockey, everything about it, from the players to rules, to the refs, stats etc....everything, I have heard some people say he should take over for MacLean on CBC once he's done.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-10-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Who is the guy with the shaved head on The Score? He does like Canadian university football play by play and does a lot of the basketball segments. He's the only one on there that I can't stand really.

I tried watching the Sportsnet playoff preview earlier in the week but there hockey panel is so obnoxious I had to turn it off haha.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    No way, Koulias know's his hockey, everything about it, from the players to rules, to the refs, stats etc....everything, I have heard some people say he should take over for MacLean on CBC once he's done.
    All he does is yell at the television. He sounds insane. "But they HAVE to make the changes!!!" Fucking relax. I don't think I should ever have to turn my volume down to hear a professional newsperson speak.

Full-Time hockey maniac All-Star Hawkeye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I have heard some people say he should take over for MacLean on CBC once he's done.
    That would be awful... I don't like him at all either. Just can't imagine what Coach's corner would be like... both him and Cherry yelling at each other as if both had hearing aids.

Banned All-Star
    I voted Sportsnet simply because the content doesn't focus on Toronto, and that they have regional channels so in the West we see the Western teams first and of course CFL stories!

TSN has the better anchors though, although Martine kicks all the female TSN anchors asses! If it wasn't for Don Taylor, Sportsnet would be my definite #1. I can't stand that guy with his nee-hi-nee's.

Quote Originally Posted by kamranish View Post
    All he does is yell at the television. He sounds insane. "But they HAVE to make the changes!!!" Fucking relax. I don't think I should ever have to turn my volume down to hear a professional newsperson speak.
    Totally agree. I cannot stand the guy. Shu the fu#k up already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    That would be awful... I don't like him at all either. Just can't imagine what Coach's corner would be like... both him and Cherry yelling at each other as if both had hearing aids.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    TSN by a country mile. I can't stand The Score so Sportsnet is my second.

I only watch Sportsnet for the Leafs/Jays. Even the Leaf games I have to switch off in between periods because their panel is a bunch of has beens pretending they know everything about hockey.

And I can't stand Mike Toth. He's not even funny, just stupid. I find he's a little better when he fills in for the Bobcat on The FAN but on TV he's a fucking retard. All of them are, I find Sportsnet to be tacky in some ways even compared to the slick professional TSN.

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    Real question, who should be fired first, Glen Healey or Nick Kypryos? Why either one is employed is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boredguy View Post
    Real question, who should be fired first, Glen Healey or Nick Kypryos? Why either one is employed is beyond me.
    Yeah I know. Healey thinks he's the best thing that ever happened to color commentary. Such a cocky fucker. As my dad put it, how the fuck can he criticize when all he did was sit his ass on the fucking bench his whole career?

Healy by far IMO, I cant stand him, at least Kypryos knows people to get some good info from, I cant stand when Healy is on.

Edit: I also cant stand Bill Watters on Sportsnet, he's just a grumpy old guy, he never seems happy.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-11-2008 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Yeah I know. Healey thinks he's the best thing that ever happened to color commentary. Such a cocky fucker. As my dad put it, how the fuck can he criticize when all he did was sit his ass on the fucking bench his whole career?
    hahaha, he went to the same university as me. whenever i went to hockey games i looked up at his banner and just shook my head.
    "On your BEST day, you're not as smart as I am, on my WORST day." -Judge Judy-

MalkovichMalkovichMalk... All-Star Andrew1125's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boredguy View Post
    I don't have a problem with either, but I wouldn't miss Healey. I've grown to enjoy Kypreos most of the time since he's always correcting Bill Watters for some dumbfuck statement or another. Aside from Watters, I don't have strong feelings about many other analysts. From TSN I like McKenzie, don't care for Dreger. Both stations have their ups and downs.

I prefer TSN just because Sportsnet decides to play poker all day long and have established themselves as more of a baseball station than a hockey station.

edit- not thrilled about the changes to the TSN website though...
    Last edited by Andrew1125; 04-12-2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: because I'm not thrilled about the changes to the TSN website

How about Rod Black calling the Avs vs Wild game last night while Gord Miller has lost his voice, I thought Rod did a good job.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-12-2008 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1125 View Post
    I don't have a problem with either, but I wouldn't miss Healey. I've grown to enjoy Kypreos most of the time since he's always correcting Bill Watters for some dumbfuck statement or another. Aside from Watters, I don't have strong feelings about many other analysts. From TSN I like McKenzie, don't care for Dreger. Both stations have their ups and downs.

I prefer TSN just because Sportsnet decides to play poker all day long and have established themselves as more of a baseball station than a hockey station.

edit- not thrilled about the changes to the TSN website though...
    I agree with that, Kipper really is not that bad, most times he knows what he's talking about, I think he would be better over at TSN, as he's stuck on that hockey set with Watters and Millard most of the time, I cant stand those two guys.

One thing Sportsnet does have over TSN is they show Jr hockey games and Lacrosse, which I like, to bad Peter Loubardias has to call the Jr hockey games though, dude know's his Jr hockey which is great, I like him for that, I dont think anyone know's Jr hockey like he does, but I cant stand his voice when he's doing the play by play, I would rather him do the colour for the games.

TSN, but I think TSN is cheese like it's Southern big brother ESPN - all the slick suits and so on is silly in my eyes. I prefer Hockeycentral on Sportsnet to Molson That's Hockey on TSN, but in general, Sportsnet is even cheesier (although they do have some hot chicks). Jamie Campbel (Jennifer Hedgers hubbie) is a wanker. Dutch is the biggest wanker ever (nice makeup dude) and hedger reminds me of a Transvestite (even though everyone thinks she's hot....although in real life she was pretty hot and partied like a Rockstar at the old Underground on King...we got shittered together...if only because the old bar was like 10x10)

All in all, I watch the Score over either of those channels for highlights. I like Micallef, Sansone, Seixeiro, Kouleas, Ludzik, Ambrogio, Cabbie, Virk and even Sharman (the brit). Much better and much more fun programming.

Thread Information