Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • TSN

36 87.80%
  • Sportsnet

5 12.20%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Can't say I'm a fan of the new TSN.ca layout.

Senior Member All-Star Gern Blansten's Avatar
    ^ Agreed!!

Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of the new TSN.ca layout.
    Just about to post this. Saw the taskbar icon change and didn't think anything of it until I noticed the page. Wow it sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gern Blansten View Post
    ^ Agreed!!

I think I'll stick with Yahoo! for now as my go to source.

I actually like it better than the old format...but I rarely went to tsn.ca because I really disliked the vomit everything up homepage.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Whoa what's going on at the Fan. Rumors of some big changes to their programming.

Edit: New programming is this on the Fan.

Dean Blundell & Co- Mornings
    Jeff Blair 9-noon
    Hockey/Baseball central @ noon
    Greg Brady 1-4
    PTS with Bob Cat 4-7

Tim and Sid are moving to TV only from 5-7 starting in July.

I already don't listen to the Fan till noon. Not a big fan of the morning guys and I cant stand Blair. Now I will only listen to hockey/Baseball central and Bob Cat that will be it. I really like Leafs lunch on TSN 1050, it's a great show. Richards in the morning on TSN radio is pretty good as well.

I will try to catch as much of Tim and Sid's new show on TV as much as I can.
    Last edited by two24four; 01-20-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Senior Member Third Liner
    Oh, missed this post. Completely agree about Tim and Sid (with your note in the Leafs chat thread) - even just check the responses to the 590 twitter announcement and that gives a good indication as to the response. No split opinions, so far at least it is literally 100% negative feedback.

I don`t mind Jeff Blair from time to time in small doses, mainly when he`s talking Jays. But on average I`ll be the same where generally I`ll only be listening to hockey&baseball central, and PTS.

I really have no clue why they are doing this. TSN must be loving this, a lot of people could be going their now for Sports talk radio.

I will not listen to their new morning show. Brady already once was in the 1-4 slot and didn't do well, that is when they moved him to mornings and brought in Tim and Sid for 1-4. Now Brady is going back to 1-4, odd.

I said this in the Leafs thread, but Tim and Sid's following is HUGE, they have some very loyal listeners. Some (like myself) who have followed them since their score days, and they picked up an entire new group of people doing 1-4 the last few years on the Fan. Wonder what this new show will be for them 5-7 on TV.

I don't listen to either 590 or 1050, but I think it's actually kinda smart. This differentiates 590 and draws all the Dean Blundell fans to a station they might have never listened to. I'm guessing 1050 was beating 590 in ratings so they looked for a way to increase their ratings and Blundell was a fit.

I've seen a lot of people say they won't tune in because of him.

Sure, but will more ppl tune who didn't before than ppl who won't tune in now that he's the host? They wouldn't have made the move unless their research suggested that they'd get more listeners with Dean.

Maybe in the mornings when he is on.. They will lose a ton in the afternoon with Tim and Sid no longer in the 1-4 slot.

Senior Member Third Liner
    Ya I can't see myself tuning into the 1-4 slot much at all. I'll be curious to see how the morning show goes though - The Dean Blundell show was the only reason I listened to the Edge, but I have absolutely zero interest in hearing him talk sports. Every time he would get into sports on the show he just came across as your typical uninformed fan

Agreed. I can't see myself tuning in much either at 1-4 once Tim and Sid are gone from that time. I also agree about Dean. They are going to have to find someone who knows sports inside and out to be the co-host.
    Last edited by two24four; 01-20-2015 at 07:27 PM.

I'd bet they will be doing more frat-boy humour stuff than talking sports...

Not sure that will fly with the people who tune into the Fan. People want to hear/talk about the game(s) from the night before on their way to work/school. They would tune into another station if that is what they wanted.

I cannot seem to view any videos on TSN on either my computer nor my phone. Do I have to sign in to view?

So are Jay and Dan coming back to Canada? If so I wonder if SN will try to keep them away from TSN.

America's loss be our gain! I could see them going to SN if only because Kate/Natasha are pretty good and the SN crew is pretty uninspiring. That said, Jay & Dan will be ratings machines so I bet TSN will try hard to get them back.

This is what I would do if I was TSN or SN if they get them.

TSN should move the OverDrive guys Hayes, O'Neill and McLennan to 1-4 on the radio and put Jay and Dan in the OverDrive slot from 4-7 but also put the full 3 hours on TV as well.

If it's SN they should move Tim and Sid back to 1-4 (where they are better on radio IMO) and put Jay and Dan on 4 (or 5) to 7. It wont be on radio though with the Bobcat in the 4-7 slot.

Just my 2 cents.

Jay and Dan are back with TSN.

Tim & Sid's show (on TV) has gotten so annoying imo...I used to like them but they're (Sid mostly) like bad caricatures of sports guy shock jocks in suits replete with childish sound effects (cue that super overused motorcycle ripping by sound effect)

PS: Jay & Dan can't come back soon enough!!

Jay and Dan won't be on till the fall. They got the summer off.

Tim and Sid are better on radio IMO. Sid is more the childish one of the two.

Thread Information