Page 52 of 152 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 4550
    Quote Originally Posted by kamranish View Post
    I wonder what kind of record the Jays need in order to get some respect. Here is the recap blurb from mlb.com on Cecil's win last night:

Yes, you read that right.
    - simple (yet stupid) mistake though...if he pitches like that the next time around they won't be making that mistake again!

Not to butt heads in this thread, but you'll get respect when you actually play the AL East. Rays, Sox and Yankees. Not saying you can't beat them, or won't... but you have to earn respect by beating the big dogs in your division.

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Not to butt heads in this thread, but you'll get respect when you actually play the AL East.
    Two things annoy me about your post. First, it doesn't matter if Toronto was the worst time in baseball, you shouldn't get the pitcher's name and the team he plays for wrong. Ever. To defend that is retarded.

Second, if playing the AL East is the only way to garner respect, well, I guess that means 80% of MLB doesn't deserve respect.

Two things annoy me about your post. First, it doesn't matter if Toronto was the worst time in baseball, you shouldn't get the pitcher's name and the team he plays for wrong. Ever. To defend that is retarded.

Second, if playing the AL East is the only way to garner respect, well, I guess that means 80% of MLB doesn't deserve respect.
    I wasn't making an excuse for getting the name wrong, thats just retarded of MLB.com. I wasn't defending that.

I'm talking about playing IN DIVISION and youre in the AL East.
    Last edited by dw13; 05-11-2009 at 01:33 PM.

I wasn't making an excuse for getting the name wrong, thats just retarded of MLB.com. I wasn't defending that.

I'm talking about playing IN DIVISION and youre in the AL East.
    You're seperating the two points on your own. I said that even with their record (cleanest one in MLB), mainstream media still hasn't given them respect. You can say it's because they haven't played NYY/BOS/TB, but I think it's more to do with them being a Canadian team. Halladay still doesn't get nearly enough coverage, and most people didn't even realize who Hill was. It's like Toronto plays in a different hemisphere.

You're seperating the two points on your own. I said that even with their record (cleanest one in MLB), mainstream media still hasn't given them respect. You can say it's because they haven't played NYY/BOS/TB, but I think it's more to do with them being a Canadian team. Halladay still doesn't get nearly enough coverage, and most people didn't even realize who Hill was. It's like Toronto plays in a different hemisphere.
    I completely agree being in Canada has a huge part to why they are vastly under-appreciated right now. I am impressed with the Jays, and obviously Doc never has gotten the pub he should (you should be happy about that, keeps him under the radar).

The fact of the matter is, if you want to start to gain a bit of it, you need to start beating division opponents, I never said there record is what it is BECAUSE they haven't played them.. and if you don't gain the respect after that, owell... isn't it always a better feeling when your flying under the radar playing awesome ball?

Jays have been impressing, and for you guys sake I hope they keep it up!

The fact of the matter is, if you want to start to gain a bit of it, you need to start beating division opponents, I never said there record is what it is BECAUSE they haven't played them.
    I might be wrong, but I think Toronto played .500 ball against Boston and New York last year. Considering the improved lineup and deeper starting rotation (and same MLB best bullpen) I don't think it's insane to assume a better record this season. Time will tell.

I might be wrong, but I think Toronto played .500 ball against Boston and New York last year. Considering the improved lineup and deeper starting rotation (and same MLB best bullpen) I don't think it's insane to assume a better record this season. Time will tell.
    I don't think so either, my point was.. until you do it, don't expect much from anybody. You have to do something to make them believers.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Iam pumped for tomorrow nights game, Halladay vs Burnett.

I think me and a buddy are gonna head down and catch this one. Should be a beaut. Hopefully we can put the naysayers to bed and beat up on the yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by moans View Post
    I think me and a buddy are gonna head down and catch this one. Should be a beaut. Hopefully we can put the naysayers to bed and beat up on the yankees.
    Even if the Jays beat the Yankees, expect their fans to make a ton of excuses, including the injured rotation and bullpen. As much as I want to go to this game I hate being outnumbered by visiting team fans. I'll be booing in spirit.

Sportsnet really did a nice job pumping this game up, it's pretty much all everyone has been talking about around here the last few days.

Senior Member Second Liner smitty42's Avatar
    I'm pumped lets get to the yankees bullpen tonight and wear them out for Pettite tomorrow as well. I believe we have a chance of taking 2 of 3.

Tallet against Sabathia will be difficult.

GM in the Making All-Star keys2aFranchise's Avatar
    fuck this team is fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by keys2aFranchise View Post
    fuck this team is fun to watch
    You got that right. Doc was awesome yet again as well.

Great crowd tonight as well, it was like watching a playoff game.

See ya AJ

Sounds like Ryan will be back by the end of the week, but they are saying he will not be closing, Downs will keep closing games.
    Last edited by two24four; 05-12-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Elixir of the Mongoose First Liner Dexter's Avatar
    Did anyone else see the first pitch Burnett threw out to Scutaro tonight?

The ball went inside and Scutaro just looked at Burnett and mouthed "bitch" then laughed.

Awesome.

Yahoo! Hockey 12-Team H2H Auction League 7:4 (G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, GWG, W, SV%, GAA, SO)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 3BN, 1IR
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    Did anyone else see the first pitch Burnett threw out to Scutaro tonight?

The ball went inside and Scutaro just looked at Burnett and mouthed "bitch" then laughed.

Awesome.
    haha, that was great, Scutaro's laugh after was awesome.

They said during the game tonight that a bunch of Jays and AJ had been texting each other the last few days, makes you wonder if AJ told Scutaro he was going to throw the 1st pitch of the game near him, Scutaro seemed to have fun with it.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    I was down at the game last night, it was fucking crazy. Great crowd, never gave up on AJ, just relentless. Doc was unbelievable as usual and the offence was clutch, very patient at the plate too. Gotta love it.

Anyone else notice the guys sitting in the first row behind home plate in the umpire uniform?

Quote Originally Posted by keys2aFranchise View Post
    Anyone else notice the guys sitting in the first row behind home plate in the umpire uniform?
    They were there a few weeks ago as well, same two guys. They did not have the mask thou a few weeks ago.

it's the mask that completes it though. Just turned on the game, and was pissed at the score but laughed at that guy ringing up ARod in the 4th.

Rough night for Richmond.

Those two guys dressed as umpire's would be kind of annoying to sit behind.

Let's hope Hill is ok as well, he would be a huge loss if he's out again.
    Last edited by two24four; 05-13-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Those two guys dressed as umpire's would be kind of annoying to sit behind.

Let's hope Hill is ok as well, he would be a huge loss if he's out again.
    Yeah, those guys were annoying. They seemed more interested with being on television than the game itself. I hate fat attention whores. If I paid that much to watch the game no way I let two lonely douche bags get in the way.

Early reports on Hill are saying he was taking out for precautionary reasons and will play tomorrow.

so what happens when our staff is healthy. I see a staff of Halladay, Cecil, Romaro, Marcum and McGowan. Maybe keep Purcey or Litsch around to fill in for injuries or something. Either way, our staff looks dirty on paper. What do you guys think?

so what happens when our staff is healthy. I see a staff of Halladay, Cecil, Romaro, Marcum and McGowan. Maybe keep Purcey or Litsch around to fill in for injuries or something. Either way, our staff looks dirty on paper. What do you guys think?
    Halladay
    Marcum
    McGowan
    Cecil/Romero/Litsch
    Janssen/Tallet/Richmond

Downs/Ryan
    Frasor/Carlson/League

A lot of options. 2010 could be unreal.

yep, it's true. Playoffs!

Best fucking picture ever. I might put it in the Hot Girls Thread because it's hot shit.

that's far from hot, that is COLD AS ICE and I love it. Doc for Prime Minister!

that's far from hot, that is COLD AS ICE and I love it. Doc for Prime Minister!
    Every reaction in that picture is awesome. Except those two losers who stayed seated? What the fuck are you doing at a ballgame if you're going to sit during the best part? Toronto fans suck so hard sometimes.

Thread Information