Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152 LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 4550
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I like the Dom Brown signing - low risk, possibly high return.
    They've wanted him for awhile. Rumor few years ago was they might trade Bautista for him, whether they were true or not who knows. Think they also tried to get him in the Halladay trade.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    They've wanted him for awhile. Rumor few years ago was they might trade Bautista for him, whether they were true or not who knows. Think they also tried to get him in the Halladay trade.
    That is correct. They sent us Michael Taylor instead who we traded for Brett Wallace who we traded for Anthony Gose who we traded for Devon Travis.

I like everything EE is saying. Says he wants to finish his career with the Blue Jays and hopes one day his name is up on the wall.

Really happy to see Sanchez get a spot in the starting 5, he earned it this spring. They also claimed Montero off waivers. I wonder if they plan on using him as the backup to Martin like they did with Navarro while Thole only catches Dickey.

I'm mixed with the Sanchez news given they surely have a max number of IP in mind....could be an issue come Aug/Sept (though admittedly that wouldn't be the worst problem to have if he's looked good and the Jays are in the playoff race)

I like the Montero pickup too - low risk, possibly high(ish) reward if he can finally figure things out. (plus the Skydone should be a good park for him)

What happened to Shulman? April was awesome having him in the booth, but it seems he's rarely around any more. Too bad, the broadcasts are WAY better when he's around!

I agree I love Shulman. But he's only scheduled to do something like 30 Blue Jays games this season. He's already done I would guess at least 15 or so.

Was at the game Saturday that they won 11-6. Another great game to be at. Last game I was at was the Edwin hat trick game last season, then he hit two on Saturday. Going again later in the season.

Bats are starting to heat up again to go along with the great SP they are getting.

Getting tickets sure isn't as easy as it use to be. I have tickets already for a game in August with the family. But a buddy of mine wants to go to a game soon. It took awhile to find tickets to a game we both could go to where the tickets aren't in the 500's. Seeing as we don't live in Toronto we try not to get tickets for Mon-Thurs games. Finally found a pair in the 200's in a couple of weeks. Most games are close to sold out. Weekend games are all pretty much sold out unless your ok getting a single ticket to sit by yourself.
    Last edited by two24four; 07-09-2016 at 08:56 AM.

I like the Upton trade. Gives the Blue Jays depth this year, and if they lose one or all three of Bautista/EE/Saunders after this season Upton is still under contract for one more season after this season. They give up a rookie ball prospect who is 3-5 years away from playing in the MLB. Also SD is paying all but $5M of the $22M owed to Upton. He makes the D in the outfield better.

Now they need to get some SP/RP depth.

Given the pittance they actually pay towards his salary, great move! Also, BJ on the BJ's - someone needs to make a shirt!!

You can already buy "I love BJ's" shirts outside the Rogers Centre.

Also how about the Blue Jays passing the 2 million fans through the gates already. Pretty much every game is sold out which is great. Most ever was back in 1993 at just over 4 million fans.

I hope these guys turn it around soon...

I know it was only the Angles but they looked much better last night.

It really seems this team plays much better when Donaldson is going. If he's getting on base they play better. Teams pitch the Blue Jays much different when Donaldson is hitting well. He gets on base 5 times last night and they win.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    I think the Jays are pooched... Osuna has been absolute junk lately, and the rest of the bullpen isn't much better. This team can't win unless they put up 9 runs.

They are over using Osuna. He shouldn't have pitched two nights ago when they won 5-1. Really hope Grilli isn't out of gas. Losing Benoit to that stupid brawl was a HUGE loss for the pen.

Win tonight would go along way. That would put them up 2 games for the top wild card spot with three games left vs BOS. Baltimore plays NY next while DET plays ATL next. If CLE can beat DET today that would be big as well.

We got spoiled as Blue Jays fans last season. We never had to once think about the wild card or worry about them making the playoffs. They won the East by 6 games. This is truly September baseball this season.
    Last edited by two24four; 09-29-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Stick a fork in them.

Wild Card spot!!!!

I really hope they go on a run but I really don't like the chemistry on this team at times...they're a bit petulant and childish...and I hate Joey Bats (except when he's at-bat) - such a dick.

Why they celebrate like this for the wild card amazes me...especially after the silliness last year when they at least won the pennant. Act like you've been there before for fucks sake! http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...e-celebration/

It's not just them though. Every single team who clinches in baseball celebrates like that. I'm not saying I like it but it's a baseball thing. I guess they figure being together since February and playing 162+ games they just want to for an hour celebrate it. Boston lost in New York the night they clinched the East but they still celebrated.

I say let's just enjoy this. This is a team who hadn't made the playoffs for 22 years before last season. Enjoy it.

ALDS!!!!

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    I hope that they arrested and beat the shit out of that asshole in the stands.

Yeah that was stupid. It makes all of us Blue Jays fans look bad when it was just one bad apple. I hope other fans pointed the person out.

Just curious if Kim had dropped that ball could they have called fan interference and it been called an out anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Just curious if Kim had dropped that ball could they have called fan interference and it been called an out anyway?
    I'm just guessing, but I would think yes.

If they can call an out on a play near the stands due to fan interference, I'm sure that they would have called that an out.

So how big of a story is this Rangers/Blue Jays series in the U.S. with the history these two teams have over the last year?

I'd expect that it's got some juice in Texas but, in the NY area, not so much. I'm interested because of their history and because I'd watch no matter who was playing, but I think I'm the exception and not the norm.

Yeah, that fucktard who threw the beer is getting HAMMERED up here for his stupidity - total bush move...embarrassing for Toronto! (there was literally a social media + police manhunt for the guy - appears as though he is an employee of the media company that owns the "low-brow" paper in town...the paper that put a bounty on the guys head...irony!! )

GO JAYS GO!!! (and preferably not to extra innings - have the 9PM HI Rad League draft!!)

Defensive errors haunting the Rangers in the playoffs again... and for Odor to be charged with it, oh baby.

ALCS!!!!

Thread Information