Page 142 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,260 of 4550
  1. #4231
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778
    I'm a little worried if only because I can feel the Jays players stressing out over the slow start. Hopefully they can put this out of their minds (easier said then done I know!) and find a way to get loose....it's a long season as two24four said.

  2. #4232
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,548
    Don't forget I think it was the 2011 Rays team that started 0-6 but went on to win the AL wild card.

  3. #4233
    Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,086
    Is anyone really that surprised? This is a very mediocre team relying on a lot of comeback and/or breakout performances from way too many players.

  4. #4234
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778
    http://www.sporttonetwork.com/hired-...me-fans-quiet/

    Hired Goons: How the Yankees Keep the Home Fans Quiet


  5. #4235
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,748
    Do you believe this? I was just going to come here to ask why the crowd is so quiet in a 2-1 game. How many seats are around the bullpens? Even if I was to believe this, would that really quiet the entire crowd?


  6. #4236
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778
    They are pretty quick to toss ppl at the skydome. I've been tossed a number of times...sometimes well warranted, other times totally unwarranted. (i once got tossed for simply chanting Pap-el-boN behind the sox bullpen...everyone in my section thought I should stay and all that did was bring down a cop despite my cooperating with the security guy...total bullshit)

    I like sitting behind the bullpen so I can heckle and this makes me want to get tickets there next time the yanks are in town.

    PS: we reeaaallly needed that win

  7. #4237
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,748
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    They are pretty quick to toss ppl at the skydome. I've been tossed a number of times...sometimes well warranted, other times totally unwarranted. (i once got tossed for simply chanting Pap-el-boN behind the sox bullpen...everyone in my section thought I should stay and all that did was bring down a cop despite my cooperating with the security guy...total bullshit)

    I like sitting behind the bullpen so I can heckle and this makes me want to get tickets there next time the yanks are in town.

    PS: we reeaaallly needed that win
    That article seems to think that the Yankees bring in "goons". What you are saying is that it doesn't matter who they play. Correct?


  8. #4238
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    That article seems to think that the Yankees bring in "goons". What you are saying is that it doesn't matter who they play. Correct?
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/blueja...ty_guards.html

    There is security at the Rogers Centre and they are quite stringent at times. But, the Yankees having their own security at away games is total bullshit.

  9. #4239
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,748
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/blueja...ty_guards.html

    There is security at the Rogers Centre and they are quite stringent at times. But, the Yankees having their own security at away games is total bullshit.
    I don't mind them having their own security but I do mind them requesting that some fans be ejected because of heckling. Unless they completely crossed the line with what they said, I take issue with that.


  10. #4240
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I don't mind them having their own security but I do mind them requesting that some fans be ejected because of heckling. Unless they completely crossed the line with what they said, I take issue with that.
    And on the flipside, I do agree that fans who throw things into the bullpen, etc should be ejected.

    Heckling, however, is part of playing on the road. That's why they call it 'home field advantage'.

  11. #4241
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,748
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    And on the flipside, I do agree that fans who throw things into the bullpen, etc should be ejected.

    Heckling, however, is part of playing on the road. That's why they call it 'home field advantage'.
    Agreed as long as the language isn't offensive to the point that they should be removed. There's no reason why families should have their children subjected to drunken banter like that.


  12. #4242
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    That article seems to think that the Yankees bring in "goons". What you are saying is that it doesn't matter who they play. Correct?
    I am saying they are dicks regardless, but the BoSox and Yankees games bring a lot more heckling because their fans invade our turf. It's always Jays fan getting the boot though.

    This article/blog post exaggerated by saying goons, but it insinuates that the Yankees hire ppl to make sure their players don't get razzed to bad. (which is BS)

  13. #4243
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778

  14. #4244
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,748
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Definitely takes himself too seriously.


  15. #4245
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,115
    Blair, who said he merely “lobbed” the peanut into the opposing bullpen, conceded it wasn’t his most mature moment, but added that the Jays were losing and he felt he needed to do something to pick them up.

  16. #4246
    Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Agreed as long as the language isn't offensive to the point that they should be removed. There's no reason why families should have their children subjected to drunken banter like that.
    They have family sections for a reason. Frankly, if you think bringing young children into the cheap seats (where the most intoxicated fans are) or the home run sections (where the most aggressive, heckle heavy fans are) is a good idea, then you're a stupid fucking parent.

  17. #4247
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778
    + 1

  18. #4248
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,548
    So the Blue Jays will have to go 81-56 the rest of the way just to get 90 wins. 90 wins last season did not get you into the playoffs if you played in the AL East.

  19. #4249
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,748
    Quote Originally Posted by keyboard View Post
    They have family sections for a reason. Frankly, if you think bringing young children into the cheap seats (where the most intoxicated fans are) or the home run sections (where the most aggressive, heckle heavy fans are) is a good idea, then you're a stupid fucking parent.
    Nobody said it's a good idea but, based on your logic, they should stay home if that's all they can afford. I disagree. Just don't be a drunk, vulgar asshole.


  20. #4250
    Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,086
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    So the Blue Jays will have to go 81-56 the rest of the way just to get 90 wins. 90 wins last season did not get you into the playoffs if you played in the AL East.
    It still amazes me people thought this team had a chance to make the playoffs. The team is everything it's supposed to be. You can't expect to win with injury prone players, or those coming off over achieving seasons (or straight up bad ones), or who are historically inconsistent.

    The most amazing part of that team is that Janssen hasn't imploded yet. I'm still waiting for that ball to drop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Nobody said it's a good idea but, based on your logic, they should stay home if that's all they can afford. I disagree. Just don't be a drunk, vulgar asshole.
    What part of the family section did you not understand? Heck, even the base lines would be more suitable so they can get a foul ball or something.

    And yes, they absolutely should stay home. Nobody wants to hear the crying babies, see the kids running around, have to avoid hitting them because the stupid kids actually think they can catch a home run ball, or have to watch their mouth because some asshole decides to bring his 7 year old daughter into known hostile areas.

    I go to games to heckle. Parents bring their kids to watch the game, maybe get a baseball or something. Neither of those are going to happen in the cheap seats.

  21. #4251
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,748
    Quote Originally Posted by keyboard View Post
    What part of the family section did you not understand? Heck, even the base lines would be more suitable so they can get a foul ball or something.

    And yes, they absolutely should stay home. Nobody wants to hear the crying babies, see the kids running around, have to avoid hitting them because the stupid kids actually think they can catch a home run ball, or have to watch their mouth because some asshole decides to bring his 7 year old daughter into known hostile areas.

    I go to games to heckle. Parents bring their kids to watch the game, maybe get a baseball or something. Neither of those are going to happen in the cheap seats.
    I got that. What part of I disagree didn't you understand? Don't get me started on crying babies. I don't like people bringing them to the games. Kids, on the other hand, have a place. Heckling is fine. When you decide to get drunk and spew vile and vulgar things out of your mouth, I don't see a place for that. If you feel the need, you should probably watch at home. How large is the family section? I don't think it's fair to confine them to one section.

    The bleachers at Yankee Stadium, especially the old building, were known to be a bit nasty. Avoiding that is pretty easy. Asking families to do the reverse and have to sit in one area isn't fair.

    I say all of this having no kids and the mouth of a truck driver. That said, I have enough self-control to be able to watch my mouth for a few hours on a given day. Contrary to popular belief, you can heckle without using four-letter words.


  22. #4252
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778
    The 500 level is basically like the bleachers at old Yankee Stadium (minus a lot of vile hate) - it isn't an appropriate section for kids. (not to mention that the incline is super steep and not kid friendly)

    PS: they have (or had) a Sprite Family Zone in the 500's so there is an option for families. I personally believe that ppl should not be obnoxious fucks, BUT if you go to a public event that is not specifically for kids/families, then you have no right to bitch when adults act like adults at an adult event.

  23. #4253
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,748
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    The 500 level is basically like the bleachers at old Yankee Stadium (minus a lot of vile hate) - it isn't an appropriate section for kids. (not to mention that the incline is super steep and not kid friendly)

    PS: they have (or had) a Sprite Family Zone in the 500's so there is an option for families. I personally believe that ppl should not be obnoxious fucks, BUT if you go to a public event that is not specifically for kids/families, then you have no right to bitch when adults act like adults at an adult event.
    I guess that we'll have to disagree about what constitutes adult behavior. I don't think that getting drunk and being obnoxious qualifies. Heckling is fine. I have no issue with that as long as it doesn't cross the line.


  24. #4254
    Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I guess that we'll have to disagree about what constitutes adult behavior. I don't think that getting drunk and being obnoxious qualifies. Heckling is fine. I have no issue with that as long as it doesn't cross the line.
    The players say fuck all the time. Sporting events are not episodes of Dora the Explorer. Keep those goddamn motherfucking kids at home.

  25. #4255
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,548
    EE was on his game last night. Wow. He got all of it on the one he put into the 500's. Then his next at bat he put it into the 200's. 7 levels in two at bats, not bat.

  26. #4256
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778
    Yeah, he was huge last night. That was a big win...felt like something they could build on

  27. #4257
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,548
    Johnson to the DL. Romero has been recalled and will start tomorrow.

    Sigh.

  28. #4258
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,115
    Heading down to the game tonight. First of the year. Not expecting much, just going to have more beverages than usual beforehand I think. Patio season!

  29. #4259
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,548
    Kid from town here was drafted by the Blue Jays in the later rounds on Saturday. He's a catcher who they also drafted 4 years ago when he was in HS. He says he's going to sign with them this week and thinks he will play his first pro game for the Blue Jays rookie ball team by the end of the week. Pretty cool.

  30. #4260
    Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,086
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Heading down to the game tonight. First of the year. Not expecting much, just going to have more beverages than usual beforehand I think. Patio season!
    But then you won't get to enjoy the $12 cans of Stella.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •