Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152
Results 4,531 to 4,550 of 4550
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Blue Jays signed Cuban Lourdes Gurriel Jr. 7 years $22M. He was ranked as the 6th best International prospect. He can play 2B/3B/SS/OF. Sounds like he will start in the minors. They say he could end up being a corner OF. Wonder if this is Bautista's replacement before long if he doesn't resign.

Nice signing!

I for one really hope that Jose signs elsewhere. His bat doesn't make up for all of the negatives like his prickly demeanor, diva'ness, attitude (with the umps), short temper and (in my eyes) poor leadership in that clubhouse. Edwin we cannot let leave but Jose can go sign with the BoSox or Yankees and I won't shed a tear!!

They just signed Kendrys Morales for 3 years to DH. I really hope this doesn't mean the end of Edwin in Toronto. Hope they resign him to play 1B.

I'm fine with the Morales signing, good middle of the order bat who's also a switch hitter. It's even better though if Edwin is back.

^ beat me to it - wow, great signing!! I'm hoping he replaces Bautista not Edwin...but this certainly gives the Jays negotiating power (to an extent) with EE.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    ^ beat me to it - wow, great signing!! I'm hoping he replaces Bautista not Edwin...but this certainly gives the Jays negotiating power (to an extent) with EE.
    I was thinking about all this as well once they signed Morales. Let's hope so.

I would also love to see them go after Fowler.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I was thinking about all this as well once they signed Morales. Let's hope so.

I would also love to see them go after Fowler.
    I want Fowler too...he would be the PERFECT replacement for Jose in RF and would be the leadoff man we've been lacking. (along that last thought, I wonder how easily we could get Revere back...Fowler's better but he'll get $15mm I'm guessing...Revere would be a fraction of that and wouldn't take anything beyond a middling prospect I would think...and we know Jays brass will likely find a way to be cheap'ish if they can)

I don't know if they would try for Revere again or not.

Some rumors that they like Reddick. I'd only sign Reddick if they can't somehow get Fowler.

Yeah, I think Reddick would only make sense if EE isn't back now that they have Morales...assuming there is truth to the suggestion that they want to have less power-dependent lineup.

I'm pretty disappointed in the offseason so far as they REALLY misread the market both in not being more patient with EE and in overpaying Morales and Pearce. It can be salvaged if they can sign some good players on the cheap'ish but I'm not sure they're going to pull any rabbits out of hats.

The more time that goes by the more I like the below idea:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-b...hould-rebuild/

Both the Blue Jays and EE misread the market. That was bad from both sides.

Latest news today is reports that Bautista is back at the top of their list of players to sign.

Shapiro was on the radio today and said this on Bautista.

We clearly need a corner outfielder and Jose’s probably the most talented one out there

I'm ok with Jose for 1 more year as we can trade if this isn't looking like a playoff team BUT I really don't like his attitude+personality nor his leadership characteristics.

A pissed off Jose wanting to stick shit down everybody's (other than the Jays....assuming we sign him) throat for humiliating him in the offseason is enticing though I will not lie. Like how many HR's does he hit against Duquette's Orioles this year?!?!

I was thinking the same thing about a pissed off Jose. No one plays with more of a chip on their shoulder than him. He's not as good as he once was in RF anymore but right now he's better than what they have.

Done deal Bautista is back for the season. I like it for this season.

JP Arencibia retired today. I still remember his MLB debut with the Blue Jays on that Saturday afternoon in August back in 2010 vs the Rays. He hit a homerun on the 1st pitch he saw. He finished the game with 4 hits and 2 homeruns. That's when it looked like the Blue Jays were building around Hill, Lind, Snider, Romero and Arencibia. Didn't exactly happen that way. With Edwin and Cecil gone Bautista is the only one left from that same game.
    Last edited by two24four; 01-18-2017 at 02:52 PM.

So spring training has started. I'm excited. What's everyone thinking? I think they will at least compete for one of the WC spots. The starting 5 is still really, really good. This might actually be the best pen they've had in a few years if everything falls into place with the latest signings they made. I think Bautista (if healthy) will have a much better season than last year. Hope JD20's calf is ready to go opening day and doesn't linger all season. The two spots that are big question marks are at 1st with Smoak/Pearce and LF with Upton/Pearce/Carrera/Pompey. I could see Pearce playing a lot at 1st.

Bought one of the 6 game ticket packages a few ago. Glad we did, heard a lot of people had a tough time getting tickets last week when single game tickets went on sale.

I am hoping they can snag a WC spot but I sense they might be sellers in July...which, if they aren't in a position to contend might not be the worst thing if we can get a hefty return on some or all of Bautista, Martin, Liriano, Happ, Estrada, Tulo etc. - they'd net a nice haul for a "retool" on the fly imo.

I think for them to be sellers in July they will have to be way out of a playoff spot. With the 2nd WC spot usually most teams still have a chance (or think they do) at the time of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I think for them to be sellers in July they will have to be way out of a playoff spot. With the 2nd WC spot usually most teams still have a chance (or think they do) at the time of the season.

I see:

AL East - BoSox
    AL Central - Indians
    AL West - Mariners/Rangers

That leaves one of the Mariners/Rangers + the Tigers + the Astros so, with the Jays, that's 4 teams for 2 slots...and who knows who might surprise among the Yankees, Orioles, Royals.

It's going to be tight to get in.

If they are within 5-8 games back or better in July I don't see them selling. This is why they added the 2nd WC so more teams are in it late in the season.

Rough start to the season. That game last night (home opener) was a great reminder of why I like Jays in 30 more than the entire game this early in the season

Thread Information