Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    But what Kyle and I are saying is it's not so much Drew Brees as the way they show/portray Drew Brees. That seems fair I think.
    I'm just giving you guys hell. The media can get annoying as fuck. This situation just doesn't annoy me like it does you guys. It's all good.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    A glaring example is Deion Sanders after the superbowl. At the end of the interview with Brees/Peyton, Deion goes off on a little rant about how NOW the focus has to be on rebuilding the city. Yeah, now that football is over we can go back to focusing on the livelyhood of a city. It was just stupid.
    Last edited by Kyle; 02-10-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Dont look now Saints fans, but Brees is going to be on the cover of Madden '11.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Dont look now Saints fans, but Brees is going to be on the cover of Madden '11.
    Rumor is he suffered an upper body injury filming the commercial.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

....and they take Jimmy Clausen as insurance to the Madden Curse!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Patrtick Robinson, DB, Florida State....................

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Sounds like Bush is out for about 6 weeks.

Gruden called for Ingram....... The Aints go Cam Jordan. A little help on the defense helps keep the offense from having to score 30+.

Aints back at it again, making a trade with New England.

Mark Ingram. Good pick. Thomas, Ivory...all health concerns. Fragile. Ingram fills the running back need.

Pats get the Saints #1 next year, plus a #2 this year.

How about the Saints adding Darren Sproles.

Senior Member All-Star canuckthug's Avatar
    I can't believe Brees won't sign the latest offer. If he signs the deal, it makes him the highest paid QB (player??) in the league. The Saints are offering him $19.25 and he wants $20.5. What a joke.

Both sides are working from a framework of five years. The difference in the annual average pay is about $1.25 million, with the Saints' last offer at about $19.25 million and Brees' last proposal at about $20.5 million.
    I like the joke at the ESPY's... Brees should sign the deal and he could get that extra money from some "anonymous" Bounty!!

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    All is well in Saints world.

The New Orleans Saints........ Alright, I give a pass for last season with all the BS that happened over there in New Orleans.

With the coaching staff back fully intact, the team should be better than what they showed last year... That said though...even through all the turmoil their offense was still pretty solid last year. The defense crumbled and cost that team a lot of games.

The Saints offense still has Drew Brees at QB. Lord help the team if he were to go down with an injury because the back-ups are Luke McCown(really, he is still in the NFL) and Seneca Wallace. The Saints have Thomas, Ingram, and Sproles to tote the rock. Personally, I don't like the three-headed attack, but all three when healthy are capable. The receivers are a solid group anchored by Colston and Graham(TE). Lance Moore can make plays. A name, I expect to emerge this season is Nick Toon. Yes, the son of the great Al Toon. Put up solid numbers each and every year at Wisconsin and almost hitting a grand in his senior year while chipping in 10 TDs. He has now had a year to sit, watch, and learn. I expect him to come out of the camps with a starting job on the Saints and I expect him to make appearances of people's fantasy teams.

The draft...... not so exciting for the Saints with only 5 picks. But they open their draft by taking Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro. Like I said, their defense was in shambles last year, so any player on the defensive side of the ball was in play here. I also like the 3rd round defensive tackle pick out of Georgia, Jonathan Jenkins. Oklahoma's Kenny Stills finds himself on the Saints and that could be a steal of a pick where they got him in the 5th round. Not sure the three picks on the defensive side of the ball is enough, so the team will have to be carried by the offense again. They will still be looking up at the Falcons.

Thread Information