Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kamranish View Post
    I don't know, it'd be pretty hard to resist that.

Quite easy..... She's an asshole. I see no appeal to her whatsoever. Maybe if she NEVER spoke.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Quite easy..... She's an asshole. I see no appeal to her whatsoever. Maybe if she NEVER spoke.
    I agree, other then her ass, she's not that great IMO, Reggie can do much better.

Quote Originally Posted by kamranish View Post
    I don't know, it'd be pretty hard to resist that.

boing

Tough loss tonight for the Saints, playoffs are not looking so good now for NO.

New Orleans Saints

Mike Triplet of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that he thinks RB Pierre Thomas will wind up leading the Saints in carries this year.
    Coach Sean Payton talked about RB depth earlier this year. "I just think you can never have enough of 'em," Payton said. "So you stack 'em up, and it's a long season, and it's a position obviously that takes a pounding. So obviously you want to have depth there, and versatility and flexibility and all those things. But it's certainly a position that you see year in and year out get nicked and get sidelined because of the pounding you take.
    Of course it is waaay to early to speculate, but I can see Thomas taking the load as well. Things to pay attention to as we get closer!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by NFL.com
    Steve Wyche, of NFL.com, reports New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said the team has had internal discussions about the possibility of signing unrestricted free-agent RB Edgerrin James (Cardinals). The Saints likely will re-visit the talks after their upcoming minicamp.
    This could change the scenario of Thomas taking the load.

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    Brett Martel, of the Associated Press, reports free-agent RB Deuce McAllister (Saints) said he would not rule out re-signing with the New Orleans Saints. McAllister said returning to New Orleans would be a dream come true. ..."But if it's on a visiting team, then so be it. All that will play itself out."
    Well...the Saints are looking for a back-up. Right now they have RBs Mike Bell, Lynell Hamilton, P.J. Hill, and Herb Donaldson all competing for the reserve power back role. Bell is remembered for his time in Denver, but is limited. Hamilton came onto the scene at San Diego State but injuries kept him off the field. PJ Hill = Poorman's LenDale White. Donaldson is big and quick and can roll throw arm tackles but is unproven receiving out of the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by TMZ

Sources on the scene tell TMZ Shockey was at a pool party at the Hard Rock Hotel -- when he was found unconscious at around 2:00 PM. Paramedics ended up wheeling Shockey out of the Hard Rock via stretcher. We're told the paramedics tried to cover Shockey up so onlookers -- including a TV camera crew -- couldn't ID him.
    TMZ reports they later talked to a rep for the New Orleans Saints, who told them Shockey was just "dehydrated" and that he'll be "fine."
    This is no big deal... Just something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by New Orleans Times
    Brian Allee-Walsh, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints RB Pierre Thomas (wrist) suffered a bruised left wrist during the team's practice Saturday, June 6.
    Same wrist that Thomas disloacted last season and needed surgery on. Good news is that he only missed a couple of snaps and was right back out there. Saints are looking at the injury and have talked to Edgerrin James. Keep an eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by New Orleans Times
    Mike Triplett from the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that Colston looked to be in vintage form on several plays, by the way, catching everything thrown his way as if his hands were made of Velcro.
    Stellar news...

Quote Originally Posted by The Monroe News-Star
    The Monroe News-Star reports New Orleans Saints RB Mike Bell will be the team's No. 3 running back this season that could be able to start if needed.
    Pierre Thomas looks as if he will be the lead back. New Orleans is looking for a strong back to be behind Thomas and Bush. The Saints other options are Lynell Hamilton, Herb Donaldson, and PJ Hill. Not surprised at this news of Bell being the #3 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Monroe News-Star
    The Monroe News-Star reports New Orleans Saints QB Mark Brunell and QB Joey Harrington likely will compete for the primary backup quarterback job during training camp.
    Early indication is that Harrington has failed to impress being the #3 QB, but how much does Brunell have left in the tank?

How about Sean Payton unveiling a 3-4 defense opening day? He never showed it in the pre-season. Very sneaky.

It looks like the league is going back to the late 80's with most teams running 3-4.

Did anybody else notice that the thing on Breesus' face is gone?

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Wow, dropping a 17 point lead to the Bucs?!? What's up in New Orleans?

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post
    Wow, dropping a 17 point lead to the Bucs?!? What's up in New Orleans?
    thats dreadful...so has their defense been lately.

if they can lose to the Buc's at home they can get beat by any of the playoff teams that get in.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Does Drew Bree's come off as a fake class act whenever hes on camera to anyone else? I don't mind the guy at all but holy shit turn down the big ol' smiles and polite gestures man, be a fucking football player. I think its an act because the dudes fucking fierce on the field. But then so is Tim Tebow and hes the most legit class act of the century.

What made me think of this was this special on NFL Network about Brees meeting this famous New Orlean's pianist. Brees just seemed so generic and unnatural the whole time while the pianist couldn't have been more cool.

Just a random thought to get this thread back to the top of the page where it belongs.

I wish I had seen those earlier. Glad others agree with me.

Man, the highschool band they had playing the parade in NO was just embarassing and dreadful. I know I'm being critical, but come on, all the money being tossed around here and they couldn't do better than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Does Drew Bree's come off as a fake class act whenever hes on camera to anyone else? I don't mind the guy at all but holy shit turn down the big ol' smiles and polite gestures man, be a fucking football player. I think its an act because the dudes fucking fierce on the field. But then so is Tim Tebow and hes the most legit class act of the century.

What made me think of this was this special on NFL Network about Brees meeting this famous New Orlean's pianist. Brees just seemed so generic and unnatural the whole time while the pianist couldn't have been more cool.

Just a random thought to get this thread back to the top of the page where it belongs.
    No. That's Drew Brees. He doesn't just donate his money to people and organizations, he donates an amazing amount of time. He's a top class guy and he really shows it on and off the field.

Always had a thing for Brees dating back to his days at Purdue. I'm glad his career didn't go down the shitter after the horrific shoulder injury.

I agree since my post I've come to realize hes definitely not a fake. But that doesn't make the halo floating above his head any less irritating.

I was a little annoyed with Brees talking in front of the cameras to his super young (barely 1 yr old) son...who was wearing giant headphones. I can understand talking to him but he was going on for a good minute or so....like the kid has a fucking clue what's going on. (nitpicking I know...he seems like a nice enough guy so whatever)

PS: I didn't know his mom committed suicide last year. Shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I was a little annoyed with Brees talking in front of the cameras to his super young (barely 1 yr old) son...who was wearing giant headphones. I can understand talking to him but he was going on for a good minute or so....like the kid has a fucking clue what's going on. (nitpicking I know...he seems like a nice enough guy so whatever)

PS: I didn't know his mom committed suicide last year. Shitty.
    Come on now, it's not his fault the cameras where in him at the time, he's spending some time with his son after the biggest game of his life, I have nothing wrong with that what so ever, good for him for being a good dad, that's something Brees will NEVER forget, and his son will be able to see the tapes when he's older and say wow cool.

Bill, you crack me up with some of the stuff you get on people for man.

I wasn't busting on him for having his son with him, etc., I am cracking on him for talking extensively to a 1 yr old with noise reduction headphones on. I thought it was a bit much.

(and I am definitely unique in my opinions I do know!)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGgyLGcpME0"]YouTube- Drew Brees with Son Super Bowl 44[/ame]

Perhaps I should be bagging on the people who made videos like this instead of Brees....it just seems over the top.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfrJh7h-27U&feature=related"]YouTube- The Cutest Saint at Superbowl XLIV 2010 Drew Brees Son[/ame]

Not saying Drew was hamming it up, but it just seemed so "Made for TV' - barf.
    Last edited by b_illin; 02-10-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Not to mention Bill, he has tears in his eyes. He's sharing a once in a life time moment with his son.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Not to mention Bill, he has tears in his eyes. He's sharing a once in a life time moment with his son.
    Agreed, it was a great moment IMO.

I thought it was a nice moment too...then it got a little over-the-top, but whatever. (I certainly don't think it was staged or anything)

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I wasn't busting on him for having his son with him, etc., I am cracking on him for talking extensively to a 1 yr old with noise reduction headphones on. I thought it was a bit much.

(and I am definitely unique in my opinions I do know!)

YouTube- Drew Brees with Son Super Bowl 44

Perhaps I should be bagging on the people who made videos like this instead of Brees....it just seems over the top.

YouTube- The Cutest Saint at Superbowl XLIV 2010 Drew Brees Son

Not saying Drew was hamming it up, but it just seemed so "Made for TV' - barf.
    I'm gonna run with this line of thought a bit.

Thats was pretty much my chief complaint with Drew Brees. Every single piece of footage of him or recording of him talking is completely made for TV. Its not him personally, cause hes actually a legit class-act (Truly one of the few in this world). But just about everything outside of gametime that involves Drew Brees is barf-worthy (In the context you used it). If hes on NFL network hes gonna go on for 30 mins about rebuilding NO and how special it all is and how amazing it all is and how the city means everything and blah blah. Hes all tradition, he was chosen for NO, hes honored the people support him, hes honored to be a part of something bigger than him, etc. etc. Its sincere and its sweet but its a far cry from the entertainment most seek out of football and it definitely got way annoying by the end of the playoffs. Good for you NO, but I'm really glad I can go back to hearing football coverage instead of New Orleans coverage on NFL network.

I know this is almost completely unrelated to what Billin said. As I said, I was just running with the same train of thought.

And I do agree the second video is unnecessary nonsense. Did those few minutes truly need a montage? The live footage isn't good enough?

Note to Drew Brees, don't care too much about something, or be too genuine because you are coming off 'annoying'.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Note to Drew Brees, don't care too much about something, or be too genuine because you are coming off 'annoying'.
    But what Kyle and I are saying is it's not so much Drew Brees as the way they show/portray Drew Brees. That seems fair I think.

Thread Information