Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

New Orleans Saints

NEW ORLEANS (AP)—The New Orleans Saints made another move toward strengthening their linebacker corps, signing former Carolina Panthers player Dan Morgan.
    A team spokesman confirmed the signing but did not disclose the terms of the contract. Morgan’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, did not want to discuss the contract with the media, a person answering the phone in his office said Friday.
    The 29-year-old Morgan, made the Pro Bowl after the 2004 season but was sidelined by serious injuries for most of the past two seasons before his release from Carolina.
    I like this move for the Saints. They needed some "D" help.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Price autographed my shoe First Liner Shady6833's Avatar
    Anyone liking the saints to do anything this year?? Last year was a real heartbreaker. Any thoughts on what Bush might do this year?
    "Smoked much dope lately boys? You guys are f*cked!"- Sam the Caveman=>Trailer Park Boys

The Saints. Eh... I think they will be a middle of the pack team. I think they will be in a playoff race, not sure if they get in though. Reggie Bush needs a true #1 back in the game to make his game effective. I really don't like McAllister, but if he is in to carry the load, Bush can be effective taking passes out of the backfield. I do like that the Saints have been attempting to fix their defense. That unit had some issues last season. The games that Brees and co. would put together a solid game would often times collapse on the other side of the ball. I'll say 9-7.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    I think that they could be solid if for no other reason than health and a shitty division.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I think that they could be solid if for no other reason than health and a shitty division.
    Agreed, I think they have a pretty good team, who just had a tough, tough season this past season, nothing went there way.

A running back not named McAllister or Bush...

Quote Originally Posted by New Orleans Times
    Running back Pierre Thomas continues to fly under the radar. With all eyes on McAllister and the mercurial Reggie Bush, Thomas continues to chug along. His progress might be the main reason the front office hasn't made a move for a big-name veteran free agent. The second-year back from Illinois has gained the confidence of the staff that he can carry the load if needed.
    At this point, I wouldn't be too excited, but I wouldn't dismiss him either. His game is going to be conditional on McAllister's health. If Deuce can stay healthy, you won't see Pierre. If he can't - and it is certainly not out of the question - Pierre Thomas will slide right in and be productive!

Saints WR Devery Henderson is not only fighting off WR Robert Meachem, but he's been taking snaps along side WR Marques Colston with the first team. "I see him fighting more for playing time," HC Sean Payton said of Henderson. ".... So when you look at Marques (Colston) and you look at Devery, those guys are right now lining up with the first group. Devery's competing against those other guys behind him. Lance Moore, Robert Meachem, those guys are wanting to get more snaps." Payton said that he'd like to get Meachem more time with QB Drew Brees, but that's something Meachem has to earn.
    Right now, outside of Colston, I wouldn't take a Saints receiver earlier than a 12th round or so. Devery Henderson is good not great. Meachem is good not great. Don't see either of those guys being more productive than a WR3.

IDP leagues and defense watch...

Saints Head Coach Sean Payton Thursday said LB Jonathan Vilma is continuing to make progress in his recovery from the season-ending knee injury he suffered with the New York Jets in 2007. Payton said, "He's close to being 100 percent. There hasn't been any real setbacks. He had some swelling and soreness early in camp but he's feeling good. That's encouraging."
    Good...great news for New Orleans if he can come back to pre-injury form.

New Orleans Saints wide receiver Marques Colston was hit hard in the first quarter of the preseason game against the Cincinnati Bengals and left the game with what the team said was bruised ribs. X-rays were negative. The much-anticipated first game of tight end Jeremy Shockey was put off for at least a week when right before kickoff the team said they wanted to give him a little more time before getting him out on the field. Running back Reggie Bush left the game with an injury in the first half, which Saints Coach Sean Payton called a "Charley Horse."
    Should be nothing to really worry about, just a little something to pay attention to.

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Colston has already said he's back to 100%, lol, saw it on rotoworld today.

For the second week in a row, TE Jeremy Shockey was a late scratch from the Saints' lineup for Thursday night's preseason finale against Miami. It is speculated that Head Coach Sean Payton is remaining cautious with Shockey recovering from last season's leg injury.
    Week 4 of the pre-season is the most meaningless game of football of them all, so Shockey missing it is no big deal. However, it would have been nice to see Shockey play at full speed. With that said, it is safe to assume he will be ready for week 1.

More on Shitkey.....I mean Shockey...

New Orleans Saints TE Jeremy Shockey was on the sideline last night, dressed in a uniform. His debut did not happen though, and he will have to wait for Week 1 of the regular season. "I can't call it 100 percent yet, because if he was 100 percent I would have played him," HC Sean Payton said. "But I think by Monday he's going to be 100 percent, and I feel like we're getting enough work from him during the work week with the quarterback."
    Overall it sounds like positive news for New Orleans and Shockey.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    I am constantly seeing this Gramatica guy a FA.....I wonder if he will actually play a full season in the dome?
    Any info on this guy in NO? All Im sure of is he hasnt kicked many balls over the past few years. He does like the long ones however (50yds+) and ideally the conditions should be good in the dome.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Gramatica actually isn't that great... The only thing positive is he is in a dome - barring another hurricane catastrophe down their.

Fantasy Analysis Gramatica is worth taking as a starting option with a late-round pick at this point because the Saints offense should be explosive and he kicks indoors. If anything, this makes Gramatica a viable option off the waiver wire during bye weeks.
    (Updated 08/30/2008).

Options

Hanson
    Longwell
    Suishum
    Stover
    Casey
    Elam
    Janakowski
    Mare

Im going to gamble on Gramatica for a few weeks. His bye isnt until week 9 too which is another plus.

Once again though, Gramatica is a kicker... every team needs ones, so if you can get one that is in a dome 50% of the time, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by dubzzzzzz
    starting option with a late-round pick
    Late round pick??? Better be last round pick!!!

Senior Member All-Star
    Saints lose Colston for 4-6 weeks:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story...o-thumb-injury

that hurts the saints big time!!

Time for more Shockey!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Time for more Shockey!!
    Not.....

[quote[Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey will have sports hernia surgery this week, the
    team confirmed Monday. The Saints' top offseason offensive acquisition will be
    out an estimated three to six weeks.[/quote]

Jeeze...should I accept Cotchery for him. I feel kinda sleezy. The trade is on the board. It was sent today while I was at work...maybe the guy already knows. ??

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Jeeze...should I accept Cotchery for him. I feel kinda sleezy. The trade is on the board. It was sent today while I was at work...maybe the guy already knows. ??
    I would say yes if the offer was sent to you... But to be fair, maybe find out if he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I would say yes if the offer was sent to you... But to be fair, maybe find out if he knows.
    Thanks KK...I took it and and put a note that I assumed he knew about the time Shockey would miss. If the guy has a beef I will send it back or delete/move players. Im commish. I was thinking about the trade too because my WR are Moss, Welker, Vjax and Royal. But after the news it was a gimme.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    haha, I had no idea Reggie Bush was dating Kim Kardashian, sorry I know nothing to do with football what so ever, just thought that was funny.

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    haha, I had no idea Reggie Bush was dating Kim Kardashian, sorry I know nothing to do with football what so ever, just thought that was funny.
    That's been goin' on for a while now. At least since last season I beleive.

Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    That's been goin' on for a while now. At least since last season I beleive.
    Yeah......

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer

And NSFW sex tape pictures: http://www.babesandstuff.com/kim/kim...-sex-tape1.jpg

If it's not a rule yet it should be...always include pics when discussing these type of matters.

Edit: Well done Kam...you've cleared things up.

Quote Originally Posted by kamranish View Post
    This was with Ray J though... Not Reggie. Unless there is another floating out there. And by the looks of this pic, you would think that she should be owning Sancing With the Stars....yet she got bootted off and beaten by an 82 year old. Kim Kardashian is an idiot. I can't stand her or any of that family for that matter. Reggie is a bigger idiot for hanging around that.

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Reggie is a bigger idiot for hanging around that.
    I don't know, it'd be pretty hard to resist that.

Thread Information