Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Seattle SeaFrauds

F*ck them.

DETROIT (AP)—T.J. Duckett is heading to the Seattle Seahawks with a five-year contract, the free agent running back told The Associated Press on Tuesday night.
    Duckett, who played for the Detroit Lions last season, has 2,642 career yards rushing and 36 touchdowns. When he wasn’t slowed by injuries, Duckett was productive in limited opportunities in Detroit’s pass-happy offense. Last season, he carried the ball 65 times for 335 yards.
    How Duckett fits with the Seahawks will have to be determined. Seattle has recommitted to improving its running game this offseason, signing former Carolina Pro Bowl guard Mike Wahle and hiring former Kansas City offensive line coach Mike Solari as offensive line coach.
    Both moves were made in the hopes of sparking a running game that has significantly fallen off since Shaun Alexander was the league MVP after rushing for 1,880 yards and 27 rushing touchdowns in leading Seattle to the Super Bowl in 2005
    Good signing for them though. Duckett if and when given the chances can perform.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Does this mean maybe Alexander will be worth a 1st round draftable?

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    hahah killah, what's with the Seahag animosity? I've noticed it in a few of your comments, just wondering where it stems from?

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    hahah killah, what's with the Seahag animosity? I've noticed it in a few of your comments, just wondering where it stems from?
    Hahaha.... Every year for the last how many years, the SeaFrauds get over-recognized and for what? Beating up a piss-poor division? If they were in any other division, including that lovely division that houses the Bears, Packers, Vikings, Lions, they wouldn't even stand a chance at sniffing the playoffs. Its like the Southeast Division in hockey. Someone has to win it. I am not a huge buyer of Hasselback. I think Alexander is quite frankly overrated. I do like Holmgren. I do like their homefield advantage. That 12th man is pretty sick up their in Seattle. Let's see how good they are when that division is remotely competitive, which it should be a little more this season.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post
    Does this mean maybe Alexander will be worth a 1st round draftable?
    I don't think he is, but he will still go in the 1st round of 12 team leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Hahaha.... Every year for the last how many years, the SeaFrauds get over-recognized and for what? Beating up a piss-poor division? If they were in any other division, including that lovely division that houses the Bears, Packers, Vikings, Lions, they wouldn't even stand a chance at sniffing the playoffs. Its like the Southeast Division in hockey. Someone has to win it. I am not a huge buyer of Hasselback. I think Alexander is quite frankly overrated. I do like Holmgren. I do like their homefield advantage. That 12th man is pretty sick up their in Seattle. Let's see how good they are when that division is remotely competitive, which it should be a little more this season.

The SeaFrauds could be to me, what the Pats are to you.

The SeaFrauds could be to me, what the Pats are to you.

hahaha killah... not that it will be hard to believe BUT.. when I first typed out a response I wrote something along the lines of "hmm sounds a lot like NE with the lowly Jets and Dolphins in their division."

I decided against it though b/c I don't want to be popping blood pressure medication and obviously you already knew what I was thinking anyway

hahaha killah... not that it will be hard to believe BUT.. when I first typed out a response I wrote something along the lines of "hmm sounds a lot like NE with the lowly Jets and Dolphins in their division."

I decided against it though b/c I don't want to be popping blood pressure medication and obviously you already knew what I was thinking anyway

I still would have taken the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills over the shitbox NFC West with Arizona, San Francisco, and St. Louis. But I get what you were thinking.

Senior Member All-Star
    Good old NFC West.

Let's face it. The SeaFrauds are overaged, the Whiners have no QB (Martz is good but even he will have trouble here) and not much talent (except Gore and of course Bruce, thanks to the Rams) and the Cards are the Cards, they'll find a way to implode.

The worst thing is if it wasn't for those horrible decisons by the FO and the HC it would be the Rams division to take.
    But after letting Bruce go the division seems to be up for grabs, which is not really a good thing considering how weak the NFC West is.

I can only hope Chip sells the team to Kroenke but Kroenke needs to get rid off the Nuggets and Avs first because of those stupid owner rules.
    The least thing Chip can do is getting rid of Shaw and Jay-Z and hire someone with a real football background and knowledge.

Maybe we'll finally see a team with a record under .500 to make the playoffs. It already looked like it would happen last season but somehow the SeaFrauds were able win a couple more games than they should.
    But this year the NFC West will face the AFC East. There will be some horrible games to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by suckerpuncher View Post
    Good old NFC West.

Let's face it. The SeaFrauds are overaged, the Whiners have no QB (Martz is good but even he will have trouble here) and not much talent (except Gore and of course Bruce, thanks to the Rams) and the Cards are the Cards, they'll find a way to implode.

The worst thing is if it wasn't for those horrible decisons by the FO and the HC it would be the Rams division to take.
    But after letting Bruce go the division seems to be up for grabs, which is not really a good thing considering how weak the NFC West is.

I can only hope Chip sells the team to Kroenke but Kroenke needs to get rid off the Nuggets and Avs first because of those stupid owner rules.
    The least thing Chip can do is getting rid of Shaw and Jay-Z and hire someone with a real football background and knowledge.

Maybe we'll finally see a team with a record under .500 to make the playoffs. It already looked like it would happen last season but somehow the SeaFrauds were able win a couple more games than they should.
    But this year the NFC West will face the AFC East. There will be some horrible games to watch.

Agree on just about all of your points... The NFC West vs. AFC East games are gonna be brutal. I bet that the AFC East wins ALL of those games.

I hope the Niners, Cards, and Rams all finish better than the SeaFrauds...but not sure if that will happen.

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    I dont like this signing either. Jonathan Stewart could still be on the board at # 22 when the Hags pick...He'd be a great pick for them even if they had to trade up a few spots to nab him.

T.J Duckett? whats he ever done? He couldn't beat out Warrick Dunn in Atlanta nor Kevin Jones in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes16 View Post
    I dont like this signing either. Jonathan Stewart could still be on the board at # 22 when the Hags pick...He'd be a great pick for them even if they had to trade up a few spots to nab him.

T.J Duckett? whats he ever done? He couldn't beat out Warrick Dunn in Atlanta nor Kevin Jones in Detroit.
    When he left Atlanta, Dunn still had legs. Do agree on the KJ point.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Ok what's going on here, now they have signed RB Julius Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Ok what's going on here, now they have signed RB Julius Jones.
    Say good-bye to Shaun Alexander! He'll get traded by draft day for sure with the additions of JJ and Duckett.

I actually like this move for Seattle. I think Alexander is a bit overrated anyway.

Wabba wabba First Liner walker42500's Avatar
    Yeah Alexander's as good as gone. With the Jones signing I doubt they'll take a first round RB, say Stewart or Mendenhall. I still think they will pick up a RB maybe 2-3 RD
    Hello, yeah this is head ball coach. He ran a what? Hey I told you he could really go. Yeah, click clack.

any ideas of teams whom might be interested in Shaun?

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    I always thought KK despised the Eagles the most but i guess that might just be his hatred of McNabb.

Quote Originally Posted by boredguy View Post
    I always thought KK despised the Eagles the most but i guess that might just be his hatred of McNabb.
    Nah BG, the SeaFrauds right now take the cake. They come off like pompous asses at times when if they were stuffed in any other division they would likely not make the playoffs. I like some of the things they have and some of the stuff they do, but not much.

I don't really hate Philly. I don't really hate McNabb. I just don't think McNabb is as great or even as good as some people think he is. He was mediocre, slightly above average at Syracuse - in regards to his passing game. He is mediocre, slightly above average in Philly - in regards to his passing game. The one good season he has had was the year with T.O. Coincidence? Do I blame McNabb entirely? Not really. I blame the Eagles organization for not putting and keeping receivers around him. I loved his game so much more when he ran. After he got hurt the first time, his run game diminished to almost next to nothing. The game against Arizona (I think it was) where he played the 2nd half on a broken leg. Balls of stone right there. I give him all the credit in the world for doing that. I just don't think he belongs in the upper echelon of QBs are even close to the top of the next tier of QBs that a lot of people place him.

any ideas of teams whom might be interested in Shaun?
    Right after the regular season ended I heard very small grumblings about New Orleans possibly hooking up with Seattle in a deal for Alexander because they were unsure of McAllister. That came and went.

I can see possibly:

Washington Redskins with no one knowing about Portis's ability to stay healthy and Betts not really panning out to be what he was made to be. Of course that was because Portis didn't get hurt last year like expected so Betts didn't get the ball as much.

How about Arizona. Edge kinda fizzled out there. Marcel Shipp and JJ Arrington aren't taking over the #1 spot.

What about Chicago? Is Ced Benson living up to the hype? The other Adrian Peterson isn't a #1.

Dallas ran the two-headed monster with Barber III and Jones. Why not Barber III and Alexander. And it isn't even known if Barber III will be back either.

I would say Denver just because of their love for running backs. But I don't think, even with TravASS Henry, Selvin Young, and Andre Hall that they will shell out the dough for Alexander when they will likely draft a RB in the 4th, 5th, or 6th and work that guy to become a starter in week 9 when all the other backs are hurt.

Detroit cleaned RB house. Duckett gone. Taint Bell gone. Leaving only the fragile Kevin Jones. I don't think Alexander would go to Detroit though.

Green Bay. Ryan Grant was awesome last year. Will he sustain that game with Favre gone?

Houston and Ahman Green. I loved Ahman Green when he first came into the league. Then he caught the case of Tiki's Fumblitis. Then he became injury prone. Houston doesn't really have a run threat.

Miami, good ol' Miami. Parcells has commented on Alexander before, all of which was positive. Ronnie Brown is a machine, unfortunately he got hurt. Will Parcells deal with Ricky Williams' behavior? He may avoid that altogether and cut ties with him. Especially if they bring in Chad Johnson. Imagine having to babysit Ocho Cinco and Williams?

New York Football Jets. Thomas Jones isn't the back he once was. Leon Washington is a great special teams guy. Not too sure about him as an every down back. I would like the fit there.

Oakland Raider. I could actually see a move here. They resigned Fargas, but I wouldn't want to rely on Fargas as your #1. They have Rhodes and Jordan. Jordan is all but done. Rhodes shoulda, coulda, woulda if he didn't f*ck up. I actually would like this move for Oakland. I don't see Oakland going after McFadden in the draft so a deal for Alexander could be a nice way to go. Oh wait..... Al F*cking Grandpa Davis. Nevermind. That shit won't happen.

Does anyone think Frank Gore isn't what he is supposed to be? I don't see Seattle moving him within the division though.

Tampa Bay is a place in need of a running back. Warrick Dunn could land here, but if he goes to Houston instead, Shaun Alex could be a huge lift to that run game. I liked what Earnest Graham did. I think he is going to be drafted waaaay early in a lot of leagues even though Cadillac is still there as the #1 running back. I don't think Cadillac can take the load himself though.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Out of all the teams there, I would think Chicago could use him the most, Houston as well.

I think I agree with Chicago, although I still think Benson can be what he was supposed to be. Can they keep him healthy? I don't think Houston would go for him because it seems as if they show interest in Dunn.

Bitter much? Remind me never to wear any black n gold when visiting Seattle

Seattle cook accused of spitting on Steeler fan's burger
    Friday, March 28, 2008
    The Associated Press

PORT ORCHARD, Wash. -- A fast-food cook and Seattle Seahawks fan has been accused of spitting on a hamburger ordered by a man wearing Pittsburgh Steelers attire.

Kitsap County sheriff's deputies say the 37-year-old customer was with his daughters at the Port Orchard-area eatery on Saturday. He reportedly traded remarks with an employee about Super Bowl XL in which the Seahawks lost to the Steelers.

When the customer opened his food container, he says there was spittle on the burger. He demanded a refund and called the fast-foot outlet's district manager.

The manager told deputies a 24-year-old man might be responsible. The next day, deputies went to his house and smelled marijuana. The man was released after being booked for investigation of fourth-degree assault and possession of marijuana.

Way to go Bobby Engram...

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Times
    Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Bobby Engram confirmed during an interview on Sunday that he has no plans of missing any time during Training Camp, despite his continued displeasure with his contractual agreement with the team. "I'll be ready to go," Engram said. "I'm going to be me. I'm going to be ready to work hard, because I don't hold any bitterness. I'm not going to be upset about something that didn't happen. Everybody has to handle his business individually, but I realize nobody is bigger than the team."
    I guess he is realizing the pecking order or that teams aren't gonna hand out big money to old receivers after a career year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma News Tribune
    Seattle Seahawks HC Mike Holmgren said he met with RBs Julius Jones and Maurice Morris yesterday and informed them of his plan to have them share carries. He said they both took it well and accepted it. He said he may even rotate who starts and then go with the hot hand. He also said he is asking T.J. Duckett to learn both fullback and halfback spots.
    I am sure most of you know my opinion of the Seahawks... Hahah... I actually like Julius Jones there and believe that he will ultimately win the touches.

Really minor fantasy implications here, but news nonetheless...

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle News Tribune
    There has not really been a shortage of Logan Payne stuff. He is making nice catches every day, rarely drops a pass (except when Josh Wilson popped him yesterday) and is I would say the No. 4 receiver behind Courtney Taylor right now. It seems as if he has stepped ahead of Ben Obomanu, though it also appears as if they like Obomanu for return duties. Mike Wahle has not really stood out, though I have not intentionally watched him yet. I'll try to take some time today to zero in on him.
    Perhaps if your league counts return yards and such, Obomanu can be a late/last round pick on a whim. I don't see Taylor or even Payne on many or any fantasy teams, at least not at your initial draft. Wahle will be cut. This all said......back-ups do get playing time, and with Bobby Engram not getting any younger, Taylor may see more time than expected.

Burleson was returning last year and I thought he would be doing it again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Burleson was returning last year and I thought he would be doing it again this year.
    Burleson will likely be the key returner.

Burleson will likely be the key returner.

good, cause I have him as a bench receiver in one league that counts ret yards/tds.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

So much for a repeat performance....cracked shoulder at 35 aint good
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Thread Information