Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Broncos

And there goes my Survivor pick!

Denver needs to figure it out on D. Need some stability there.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Bill Williamson, of ESPN.com, reports Denver Broncos PK Matt Prater said he is expected to attempt a 64-yard field goal this season, which would be a league record. "We are going to try it this year," Prater said. "My coaches told me we are going to do it when we get the chance. I think I can do it."(KFFL)

__________________________________________________ ________________

This guy can kick, that's for sure, he kicked one from 56 yards yesterday, he's 4 for 4 this season from 50+ yards.
    Last edited by two24four; 10-06-2008 at 05:09 PM.

he's looking to be a very good kicker and in that thin air of DEN, he could shine at home games.

Senior Member All-Star
    Denver started Spencer Larsen at FB, LB and on special teams today:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

He was pretty good too, probably our best defensive player. Nice to see them get a win on the road like that. Jay Cutler with two straight 4th quarter comeback wins

Now we just need the Steelers to beat SD

Senior Member All-Star
    Eddie Royal now has the Broncos rookie record for TD catches and yards. That guy has been a lot of fun to watch this year

Senior Member All-Star
    Jesus, can we have some more injury problems please?

Hillis goes on IR

So far we've had Selvin Young, Andre Hall, Ryan Torain and now Peyton Hillis go down with injuries. And that's just at running back, that's not even counting WR, TE, D-line, linebacker and defensive back.....

GM in the Making All-Star keys2aFranchise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    Jesus, can we have some more injury problems please?

Hillis goes on IR

So far we've had Selvin Young, Andre Hall, Ryan Torain and now Peyton Hillis go down with injuries. And that's just at running back, that's not even counting WR, TE, D-line, linebacker and defensive back.....
    don't forget Pittman. It's been a rough year for Bronco backs.

The rat has been fired????

What in the world? Crazy stuff!

Senior Member All-Star
    Here's to getting a better GM. Maybe we can get some defensive players who actually know what they're doing

Wow, unexpected....and maybe undeserved given his amazing track record in DEN? (it's not like he had an outstanding lineup and injuries fucked them at RB)

Senior Member All-Star
    Since the super bowl teams we haven't had great success, especially in the post season. He was a great offensive coach, but he wasn't a good GM. Since the super bowl teams we haven't had good success with draft picks or free agents until the last few seasons. But it was kind of too late by then already. And missing the playoffs 3 years in a row didn't help. I'll miss his offense and coaching, but I'm looking forward to better roster management, especially better drafting of defensive players

I was wondering if this might happen during the second half of the game the other night after a camera shot of him on the sidelines but am still surprised.

Couldn't agree more eff1ngham. At least we'll still have the pieces of Shanny's offence but I am really looking forward to having a defence also.

Clayton is already pimping Cowher.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keys2aFranchise View Post
    I was wondering if this might happen during the second half of the game the other night after a camera shot of him on the sidelines but am still surprised.

Couldn't agree more eff1ngham. At least we'll still have the pieces of Shanny's offence but I am really looking forward to having a defence also.

Clayton is already pimping Cowher.
    everyone is pimping Cowher

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    everyone is pimping Cowher
    they can all want him as much as they like, but the dude will always bleed steel! (even if/when he's coaching another team...he'll just be wishing it was the Steelers)

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    they can all want him as much as they like, but the dude will always bleed steel! (even if/when he's coaching another team...he'll just be wishing it was the Steelers)

I'm with you honey. I don't ever wanna see him on the sidelines ever again.. and while there's a good chance he comes back at some point, I don't think it'll be in 2009.

Cowher plans to speak publicly for the first time about the Jets' opening and other coaching opportunities during CBS' wild-card pregame show on Sunday, a source told 1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand

Updated: December 30, 2008, 11:04 AM ET

Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher, who rejected a chance to become head coach of the Browns last weekend, is not going to interview for the head coaching position of the New York Jets, according to multiple sources.

Cowher, according to a source, has been contacted by the Jets. Although he is interested in the Jets job, he told the team he would not be a candidate because he would like to bring in his own personnel director. Jets owner Woody Johnson plans to keep Mike Tannenbaum as his general manager after firing Eric Mangini as head coach Monday.

With Tannenbaum as the general manager, Cowher is willing to pass on the Jets opportunity, stay in broadcasting for another year and wait to return to coaching in 2010.

Cowher has told friends the Jets job interested him for several reasons. First, Cowher would love to coach in the New York market. Second, two of his daughters are either going to school or working in the New York-New Jersey area.

Cowher does plan to coach in 2010. In 2009, though, he was only willing to return if every situation was right for him. He wanted to have a two-year break from coaching to be with family and recharge.

Last weekend, Cowher met with Browns owner Randy Lerner, who asked him what it would take financially for him to be the Browns head coach. Having a close relationship with the Rooney family in Pittsburgh and still wanting more time with the family, Cowher didn't give Lerner a price, and said no.

Cowher recently extended his contract with CBS for another season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3799959

Not that Cutler is not a good QB now, he is with out a doubt, but with Josh McDaniels now the coach in Denver, Cutler will be even that much better, enjoy Denver fans, just not vs us

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Not that Cutler is not a good QB now, he is with out a doubt, but with Josh McDaniels now the coach in Denver, Cutler will be even that much better, enjoy Denver fans, just not vs us
    I wouldn't say getting McDaniels turns him instantly into a better QB. One of the best offensive minds in NFL history just left the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    I wouldn't say getting McDaniels turns him instantly into a better QB. One of the best offensive minds in NFL history just left the Broncos.
    Yeah but McDaniels is the man when it comes to QB's, that's his bread and butter.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Yeah but McDaniels is the man when it comes to QB's, that's his bread and butter.
    He also doesn't have a 5th of the experience Shanny has. That being said, I agree Cutler could possibly flurish in the O that McDaniel will bring to Denver.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    B-Dawk to finish his career in Denver.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Senior Member All-Star
    I really want to find out more about the Cutler situation. I've seen tons of articles saying that "league sources" reported that the Broncos were involved in trade talks, but I haven't seen any actual news about then either being offered a trade, or them proposing a trade

It may be important to note, Tampa Bay initiated the deal. And it wasn't the only team that inquired about acquiring Cutler.
    "He's not the only person in the last few days we've received calls on," McDaniels said. "We've received trade calls on a number of players, which is not uncommon this time of the year. I also think the sensitivity of the other trade that was occurring, with my relationship with New England and the whole Cassel thing, I think that stirred the pot even more."

__
    you've probably already seen that though.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11810112

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    A lot of what I have read earlier is that management isn't happy with Cuts because he has openly spoken out against the Shanahan firing.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Call up the Gang Green, lets talk about Cutler.

"I heard one other interesting thing Sunday: Cutler asked for a trade shortly after the Broncos lost offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates -- Cutler's confidant -- to USC after the season. So maybe both sides need to go into marriage counseling here."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ncy/index.html

If they trade Cutler for a 2nd round pick, ppl should get fired. Wtf was mgmt thinking in pissing off the franchise?!?!? Talk about stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    If they trade Cutler for a 2nd round pick, ppl should get fired. Wtf was mgmt thinking in pissing off the franchise?!?!? Talk about stupid!
    Well they certainly botched their handling of the issue. But I seriously doubt Cutler will fetch a 2nd rounder. I'm quite sure the Jets, Bucs, Bears, Lions or Texans would gladly part with a mid-first rounder to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Well they certainly botched their handling of the issue. But I seriously doubt Cutler will fetch a 2nd rounder. I'm quite sure the Jets, Bucs, Bears, Lions or Texans would gladly part with a mid-first rounder to get him.
    Still, even a mid-1st isn't enough in my eyes - the dudes proven he is a stud...which is more than can be said about any 1st rounder in this draft. I just don't get it...someone's head should roll...and I imagine Bronco's fans are tres pissed!

Thread Information