Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 696

Thread: Denver Broncos

  1. #31
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    The Denver Broncos Thursday announced that rookie RB Ryan Torain is significantly ahead of schedule in his recovery from surgery to repair a broken bone in his elbow. Originally expected to be out for as long as three months, the team has now set the target date for Torain's return as October 20, a Monday night game at New England. Troy Asmus, Torain's agent, said, "Ryan is encouraged by this. Now it looks like he may be back for a significant part of the season.
    Positive news for Torain... Torain owners though still need to be wary.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  2. #32
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Mountain News
    Denver Broncos WR Darrell Jackson said on Monday that he has healed "tremendously" and expects to start in place of suspended WR Brandon Marshall in the team's opening game. "My job is to get open and catch the ball and make blocks, things like that," he said. "I don't have to mesh with the offensive line or learn too many schemes. I run the routes that called and block. And I know everything that's going on."
    Jackson could actually have huge value if you are looking for some quick points in the first couple of weeks. Jackson will get bumped once Marshall's suspension is up though, so might not be worth hanging onto for the long haul, but I would look at him in the mid-late rounds.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  3. #33
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    I can see it now... On the Yahoo fantasy home page where it says: Keary Colbert has been dropped by 345,921 teams...

    Quote Originally Posted by ESPN.com
    WR Keary Colbert is reportedly on the bubble to make the Denver Broncos' final 53-man roster this weekend. The Broncos are apparently pleased with WR Brandon Marshall and WR Eddie Royal as the starters with WR Brandon Stokely and WR Darrell Jackson backing them up. WR Glenn Martinez also has the chance to make the team as the kick returner, leaving little room for Colbert, reports ESPN.com's Bill Williamson.
    Yeah...not looking good for Colbert in Denver. Perhaps Cincinnati can/will sign him. Maybe even Philly, although Andy Reid is adamant that the team will NOT bring in any other receivers. Colbert fits the Philly mold of receivers as far as the receivers they seem to like to bring in, so I wouldn't be surprised here if that happens.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  4. #34
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,808
    I wouldn't be surprised if Martinez makes the team over Colbert

  5. #35
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,808
    I don't know if it's Denver looking great tonight, or Oakland just looking terrible, but I can't complain about how they're playing. The run defense is looking much better, even though Oakland hasn't had a chance to run all that much this game. Our running game is still looking solid, Cutler is looking healthy and had a nice game (he said his goal this season is to throw single digit INTs, and he had a nice efficient game tonight), and Eddie Royal was awesome tonight. I wonder if they'll keep finding ways to get him the ball even when Brandon Marshall comes back

  6. #36
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Denver looked good but dear lord... Oakland is pathetic.



  7. #37
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    I don't know if it's Denver looking great tonight, or Oakland just looking terrible, but I can't complain about how they're playing. The run defense is looking much better, even though Oakland hasn't had a chance to run all that much this game. Our running game is still looking solid, Cutler is looking healthy and had a nice game (he said his goal this season is to throw single digit INTs, and he had a nice efficient game tonight), and Eddie Royal was awesome tonight. I wonder if they'll keep finding ways to get him the ball even when Brandon Marshall comes back
    Yes. Royal is a monster. Marshall will get a lot of the double coverage. Royal will see the ball A LOT.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  8. #38
    Senior Member First Liner Avaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,740
    Deangelo Hall, meet Eddie Royal. He's the guy carrying the team's luggage in off the bus.

    School was in session.

    The rookie repeatedly made the pro-bowler look foolish. My favorite was the out-and-up-and-out route in which Hall fell on his ass before the ball came out. Gotta respect the "twitch", Hall.

    Get nice and comfy seeing Royal opposite Marshall the next 10 years!! Stokely in the slot, Scheffler working the middle? I'm lovin' it.

    As far as the game, it's not even worth breaking down since it was complete domination in every facet. Big thumbs up to Dennison/Shanny on the playcalling. Everything worked.

    Mike and Mike and Mike managed to be even worse than the silver and black. Apparently Golic knows everything, Ditka sounds like he's aged 75 years and lost his nutsack, and "Greeny" consistently undermines his own intelligence by lobbing softball questions to the 2 jocks. Is there an inside bet in the studio to see who can come up with the worst MNF hosts? "Bob's pick of Dennis Miller was pretty good, but watch THIS..."

  9. #39
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    I was targeting Royal in a keeper league but ended up waiting too long... damn it. What do you guys make of Cutler stat wise this season?



  10. #40
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    What do you guys make of Cutler stat wise this season?
    Well his goal is to throw fewer INTs this year, and I think he will. I'd put him at slightly higher in yardage and TD totals, and a few less picks, so maybe 3700-3800 yards, around 22 or 23 TDs and probably 10-11 INTs. Obviously I'd like to say 4000 yards, 26 TDs and 9 INTs, but I don't think he's quite there yet Plus we've got a pretty tough start to year in terms of strength of schedule. But after our bye things get a little easier, so I think he'll be better in the second half of the season

  11. #41
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaholic View Post
    Deangelo Hall, meet Eddie Royal. He's the guy carrying the team's luggage in off the bus.

    School was in session.

    The rookie repeatedly made the pro-bowler look foolish. My favorite was the out-and-up-and-out route in which Hall fell on his ass before the ball came out. Gotta respect the "twitch", Hall.

    Get nice and comfy seeing Royal opposite Marshall the next 10 years!! Stokely in the slot, Scheffler working the middle? I'm lovin' it.

    As far as the game, it's not even worth breaking down since it was complete domination in every facet. Big thumbs up to Dennison/Shanny on the playcalling. Everything worked.

    Mike and Mike and Mike managed to be even worse than the silver and black. Apparently Golic knows everything, Ditka sounds like he's aged 75 years and lost his nutsack, and "Greeny" consistently undermines his own intelligence by lobbing softball questions to the 2 jocks. Is there an inside bet in the studio to see who can come up with the worst MNF hosts? "Bob's pick of Dennis Miller was pretty good, but watch THIS..."
    With free agency the way it is, I would be shocked to see Royal and Marshall together for thenext ten years, however if they can keep it together, that could be the next Holt/Bruce; Harrison/Wayne...
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  12. #42
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,808
    Wow, that was one of the craziest games I've seen. We got lucky, big time, but I'll take 2-0 no matter how we got there.

    Cutler looked amazing at times, and completely retarded at others. I loved Shannanahan's "fuck it, let's go for the win" call. That probably gave Cutler a huge confidence boost (and he probably knew that we shouldn't have even had a chance to win).

    Brandon Marshall absolutely owned Cromartie today, that was amazing. 18 catches, 166 yards and a TD, that's a nice first game back.

    Like I said, I'll take 2-0 no matter how we got there. I just hope that win can carry over to next week, because we're going to need another big game to beat the Saints. And hopefully our defense can figure out how to stop something, because I don't really want to get into another shootout with a high-powered offense. But hey, at least we get another week of celebrating

  13. #43
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,089



    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  14. #44
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    wow that was some BS



  15. #45
    Senior Member First Liner Avaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    wow that was some BS
    I admit we caught a break on that late call. But over the course of a season, every team gets some calls that go for them and against them. My response to San Diego would be to not allow the referee to be put in a position to decide a game. This is 2 weeks in a row that they have played a "bend and then break" defense down the stretch.

    Hard to say they deserved the win when they gave up 39 points, did not have a 60 yard rusher or rushing TD, nearly gave up the NFL record in receptions to Brandon Marshall, had a 4th and 4 chance to stop us and win the game (fail), had a 2 pt. conversion chance to stop us and win the game (fail), and lost the time of possession battle 34 to 26... It was one bad call, but I certainly don't feel like they deserved a W with their play.

  16. #46
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,089
    Hochuli to be graded down

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

    Shanahan has the biggest balls in the NFL!!!
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  17. #47
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaholic View Post
    I admit we caught a break on that late call. But over the course of a season, every team gets some calls that go for them and against them. My response to San Diego would be to not allow the referee to be put in a position to decide a game. This is 2 weeks in a row that they have played a "bend and then break" defense down the stretch.

    Hard to say they deserved the win when they gave up 39 points, did not have a 60 yard rusher or rushing TD, nearly gave up the NFL record in receptions to Brandon Marshall, had a 4th and 4 chance to stop us and win the game (fail), had a 2 pt. conversion chance to stop us and win the game (fail), and lost the time of possession battle 34 to 26... It was one bad call, but I certainly don't feel like they deserved a W with their play.
    Let me get this straight...you say that San Diego didn't deserve to win this game, yet the ONLY reason the Bronco's won was because of a blown call? What does that say about Denver if the Chargers didn't have LT going, gave up 39 points and whatnot and still should have won the game if it weren't for a bonehead play by Hochul (sp?).

  18. #48
    Senior Member First Liner Avaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by gagne21 View Post
    Let me get this straight...you say that San Diego didn't deserve to win this game, yet the ONLY reason the Bronco's won was because of a blown call? What does that say about Denver if the Chargers didn't have LT going, gave up 39 points and whatnot and still should have won the game if it weren't for a bonehead play by Hochul (sp?).
    I said "hard to say that they deserved to win", not that they absolutely didn't. We could split hairs all day over the details of a shootout, but in the end one team is 2-0 and the other is 0-2. It was unfortunate that the bad call had to overshadow a great football game. I'm sure the Chargers will rebound and be a factor in the West.

  19. #49
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by gagne21 View Post
    the ONLY reason the Bronco's won was because of a blown call
    Yes the blown call was huge, but San Diego still had a change to stop them on 3rd down, 4th down and on the 2-point conversion. It's not like that play actually ended the game. We were fortunate, there's no doubt about it, but there are missed calls every week in every game, this one just happened to come at the worst time for the Chargers.

    Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post

    Shanahan has the biggest balls in the NFL!!!
    I loved the call. After watching it a few more times it did make a lot more sense to me. SD had no time outs, so they couldn't stop and regroup for the 2-point conversion, which gave the offense a clear advantage. Plus, after getting burned in OT last year, and seeing that we couldn't stop the Chargers at all in the second half, it made sense to just go for the win there down at the goal line rather than risk losing the coin toss in OT and losing on the first posession

  20. #50
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    Yes the blown call was huge, but San Diego still had a change to stop them on 3rd down, 4th down and on the 2-point conversion. It's not like that play actually ended the game. We were fortunate, there's no doubt about it, but there are missed calls every week in every game, this one just happened to come at the worst time for the Chargers.



    I loved the call. After watching it a few more times it did make a lot more sense to me. SD had no time outs, so they couldn't stop and regroup for the 2-point conversion, which gave the offense a clear advantage. Plus, after getting burned in OT last year, and seeing that we couldn't stop the Chargers at all in the second half, it made sense to just go for the win there down at the goal line rather than risk losing the coin toss in OT and losing on the first posession
    But it was the same exact play call that gave them the TD and the 2-pointer. San Diego should have been able to come up with a stop.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  21. #51
    Banned All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,858
    All I can say is THANKS MARSHALL!!!

  22. #52
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632


    Hochuli looking for a contact.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  23. #53
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,089
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post


    Hochuli looking for a contact.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  24. #54
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,585
    Is Hochuli not the ref in this years Madden '09? I could be wrong, but it sure looks like him. If so can we add this to the Madden curse

  25. #55
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post


    Hochuli looking for a contact.
    Terrible



  26. #56
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,808
    3-0 I still don't like the fact that our defense can't stop anyone, but our offense is looking awesome. This is the most fun I've had watching the Broncos in a while

  27. #57
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    3-0 I still don't like the fact that our defense can't stop anyone, but our offense is looking awesome. This is the most fun I've had watching the Broncos in a while
    The crazy thing is not that they can't stop anyone, because they can.... They take huge early leads....then something happens and the game turns into a nail-biter.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  28. #58
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,808
    They have a lot of young players (especially on the O and D lines), and they tend to relax after getting a lead. They know they're doing it, in interviews after the game some of guys were saying that they can't expect the offense to score over 30 points every game, so they need to play hard the entire game. I'm hoping that next week we can shut down KC (not that that will be tough) and get some good momentum on the defensive side for our games against JAX, TB and NE. I'm not expecting shootouts in any of those, so that should be a good point in the schedule to judge how well they're going to do this season.

    Even though they gave up a lot of points again, they had some big stops when they needed them

  29. #59
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    They have a lot of young players (especially on the O and D lines), and they tend to relax after getting a lead. They know they're doing it, in interviews after the game some of guys were saying that they can't expect the offense to score over 30 points every game, so they need to play hard the entire game. I'm hoping that next week we can shut down KC (not that that will be tough) and get some good momentum on the defensive side for our games against JAX, TB and NE. I'm not expecting shootouts in any of those, so that should be a good point in the schedule to judge how well they're going to do this season.

    Even though they gave up a lot of points again, they had some big stops when they needed them
    I don't think KC will be much of an issue, but I do think Larry Johnson proved his point to the team. The first half they rarely fed him the ball and had 19 yards or something, the 2nd half when they used him more, he was productive and made the final look better than what it was.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  30. #60
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,808
    Ugh. Not much to say about that shitty performance. Bad turnovers and bad tackling. The announcers were talking about how KC really wanted to win this game since it was at home, and they'd lost like 12 straight games, but I think that's bullshit. Denver had chances to take the lead or at least get points on the board and blew it by turning the ball over. Not to mention our defense couldn't stop anyone again, this is not looking good for them

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •