Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Broncos

Senior Member All-Star

Denver Broncos

Goodbye Javon Walker, have fun not playing for someone else:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

I'm actually really sad that he has to go, I had high hopes for him, but it just didn't work out here. I think the Darrent Williams thing is still in his head, so I hope moving to another team is good for him.

The thing that pisses me off though is letting Jason Elam become a free agent. Not that we can't re-sign him, but why let him do this now? Last year we had a great chance to get Mason Crosby, but the team was all over keeping Elam and having him play out his career here. Why do something like this now, it's just dumb.

I'd imagine John Lynch will actually take a pay cut and keep playing here, just because his stock is pretty low right now. But he's still a leader on the team and I hope he sticks around.

I'm sad to hear that Cecil the Deisel wasn't re-signed. I hope we can find a way to keep him just because I love seeing the few guys from CSU that make it to the NFL have a job, especially here in Denver

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Kinda weird that they let Walker go. But they did sign Colbert. He should do well in Denver.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

GM in the Making All-Star keys2aFranchise's Avatar
    surprised me also that something couldn't be worked out with Walker; can't believe how much he got from the Raiders.

woooohoooo!!! I'll take Walker!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    woooohoooo!!! I'll take Walker!!
    10000% upgrade over piece of shit Porter. Too bad, still no proven QB to through to him though.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    10000% upgrade over piece of shit Porter. Too bad, still no proven QB to through to him though.
    for that price he better be-

Russell won't need much time to prove himself.

added Boss Bailey, alot of $$$ but if it keeps Champ happy it's worth it.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_8478307?source=rss
    Last edited by keys2aFranchise; 03-06-2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by keys2aFranchise View Post
    added Boss Bailey, alot of $$$ but if it keeps Champ happy it's worth it.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_8478307?source=rss
    Ehhh....

Brandon Marshall update.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Gazette
    Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall is ahead of schedule on his conditioning workouts. He even caught a few soft tosses with both hands this week, a sign of progress. Physically and mentally, Marshall said he is set to return from a severe right arm injury in which he lacerated an artery, vein, nerve, two tendons and three muscles. His three-month recovery time will be up June 22nd, when he can start catching live passes and working out to get ready for training camp, which starts July 25th.
    Earlier reports were that he couldn't even wipe his own butt! Haha... Nasty bitch...

More stupidity...

Quote Originally Posted by competecolorado.com
    Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall was ticketed on June 12 for making an illegal lane change, according to Denver County Court records. Marshall, stopped on northbound Interstate-25, was also ticketed for not having his driver's license or proof of insurance, according to the court document. Marshall is scheduled to be arraigned on July 24, according to the records.
    This is one of those incidents where, once you are marked as a guy in trouble...every little thing is magnified. Its stupid, he should have had a driver or at least his license and insurance.

Update on Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Post
    An arraignment for Broncos WR Brandon Marshall, who had an original court date of July 24, has been pushed back to August 12. Marshall was cited for making an illegal lane change after allegedly driving his Hummer H2 on the shoulder to pass two cars. He was also ticketed for not having his driver's license or proof of insurance, court documents say. Marshall was also arrested last October for a DUI after allegedly driving the wrong way on a one-way street in downtown Denver. An arraignment in that case is scheduled for Aug. 6.
    His calendar must look like: Training Camp. Court. Court. Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Daily Camera
    Denver Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler, who was limited in the offseason because of a foot injury, said he felt fine Saturday. "The biggest thing for me is that I got my wind back today. I struggled a little bit yesterday, just keeping my breath and that sort of thing," he said. "Foot felt great today. I didn't notice it the whole practice."
    Scheffler has potential to be a top 5 TE in fantasy this year if he can stay healthy.

If Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall receives an NFL suspension from commissioner Roger Goodell for his off-field incidents, newly acquired WR Darrell Jackson as well as WR Keary Colbert would be likely to start.
    "It would be safe to say we'd be without our best player in the group. Everyone is talented, but he is extremely talented; he is the head of our group," Colbert said of Marshall. "If that happens, we have to be able to hold it down for him while he's out."
    Marshall is by far the best WR in Denver. Its very clear that Denver needs him in the line-up as much as fantasy owners. However, remember, Denver is a run crazy team. So if Marshall is out, D-Jax, Colbert, and even Stokley will get balls thrown their way. But don't expect much.

Senior Member First Liner Avaholic's Avatar
    Scheffler has potential to be a top 5 TE in fantasy this year if he can stay healthy.
    Cutler LOVES targeting Scheffler, that's for certain. It started when they got all those 2nd string reps back in the day. Scheffler's numerous nagging lower body injuries worry me, guy needs to get a full season in.

GO STEELERS/GO WINGS First Liner tets's Avatar
    Lynch is gone
    Who will sign him???

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Quote Originally Posted by tets View Post
    A little more...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Mountain News
    The Denver Broncos are expected on Thursday to release S John Lynch. During training camp, Lynch had been practicing exclusively in the team's base defense and only on early down situations. The Broncos have given the 16 year veteran permission to consider other options both inside and outside the game of football. In addition to the possibility of joining another team, television networks have shown interest in hiring Lynch as an analyst.
    I don't see him on the field.

GO STEELERS/GO WINGS First Liner tets's Avatar
    I dont think he would retire to the booth.....unless noone was interested in him...which wont happen.....at least in my opinion

Finally Kerry Rhodes will rightfully make a Pro Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by tets View Post
    I dont think he would retire to the booth.....unless noone was interested in him...which wont happen.....at least in my opinion
    Not that many teams will be interested in a 37 year old safety. I am sure he still has some game left. But at most he will play 50% of plays, not the 100% that he wants. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. His agent talked to Chicago, as of now Chicago is uninterested. Maybe he can go back to Tampa and end his career where it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Mountain News
    Denver Broncos running back Ryan Torain has been seeing reps with the first-team offense recently in Training Camp. "Coming out to Denver to play running back is a huge opportunity," Torain said. "They have a good thing going out there with this offense. I just have to stay positive and focused. Have fun with it, and good things will come."
    You know Denver and its backs...

Quote Originally Posted by NFL Network
    Marshall will be suspended for three games but will have the possibility of reducing the suspension to two games if he undergoes counseling.
    This puts his return right around the same time as Steve Smith. Hurts Marshall's fantasy numbers, hurts Cutler's as well...

This puts his return right around the same time as Steve Smith. Hurts Marshall's fantasy numbers, hurts Cutler's as well...
    I will say this though, if they drop a few rounds they are still a steal. 2-3 games in the beginning of the season isn't that big of a deal. Like you always say King, it's a marathon not a sprint.

Senior Member All-Star
    He's going to appeal the suspension. Not sure if anything will come out of that, but at worst it sounds like 2 games for Marshall. It may hurt his value some, but I'd love to steal him a round or two late, same with Smith

Torain fractured his elbow, out 2-3 months.

Senior Member All-Star
    Yeah, that's really a shame. Everyone was talking about how impressive he was in camp and may have had a chance to start. I feel bad for the kid

Maybe not as long as first expected...

Quote Originally Posted by CBS4Denver.com
    Injury news out of Denver that you need to know about. Broncos RB Ryan Torain broke his elbow in a drill this morning and will miss 6-8 weeks.

Broncos rookie running back Ryan Torain is expected to be out 6-8 weeks with a broken bone in his elbow, head coach Mike Shanahan said Wednesday morning.

Torain was carted off the field during the team's 9-on-7 run-blocking period at practice earlier in the morning. Shanahan said the broken bone is where the radius meets the elbow.
    Still sucks for the kid, and all the people who took him pretty early in drafts!

We're talking kickers boys and girls...

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN.com
    Denver Broncos PK Matt Prater hit a 68 yard field goal in practice Saturday. Prater is the replacement for PK Jason Elam, who left for Atlanta after 15 years in Denver.
    oh, and still a huge difference between practice and game time settings... Its like on Sundays when you are watching the games and a kicker is lined up for a field goal and the play-by-play guy throws in there, "he was kicking 70 yarders in the pre-game."

took Denver Broncos rookie wide receiver Eddie Royal less than four months to become a starting receiver by their first preseason game. The rookie was moved ahead of veteran Darrell Jackson this week and will start Saturday night opposite Brandon Marshall at receiver in the Broncos' preseason opener against the Houston Texans at Reliant Stadium. "He's earned the chance to start," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said. "He's practiced at a high level and done all the things you need to do to play with the first team."
    Does this move Royal up on draft boards???? Not mine, not yet... We all know Shanahan uses a pencil when filling out depth charts, so one ill-productive day can scratch Royal right off the list. But for the time being, way to work Eddie.

Senior Member All-Star
    While it's nice to see him working hard and getting a chance, but the #2 WR spot for the Broncos is not a very glamorous fantasy position. With Marshall out I suspect that Tony Scheffler will be getting most of the looks, and when he comes back most of our passing plays will be targeting them and our RBs

Thread Information