Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
Results 1,561 to 1,589 of 1589

Thread: New York Jets

  1. #1561
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    Emphasis.

    Love how you know how every team rated Sheldon Richardson. You don't. I'll trust the beat writers.

    Also, that's some horse you're riding on.
    Welp, since EVERYONE of the insiders that cover the NFL draft were completely shocked by that pick, I would say that nobody had Sheldon that high. The fans at Radio City also seemed to not expect that pick. But hey... its OK. I'll keep Milliner as the basis of getting this team turned in the right direction and we'll take it from there.

    (.........as Fly is breathing a breath of fresh air that the focus is off of him and the Raiders!)
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  2. #1562
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,684
    Its not that Sheldon shouldn't have been that high, Killah. Its that he doesn't fit with the Jets. He was actually projected to go on the next pick to the Panthers. He was a consensus top 15 player. But no one agrees with the Jets taking him, that I can see.
    Last edited by Kyle; 04-28-2013 at 02:26 PM.

  3. #1563
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Its not that Sheldon shouldn't have been that high, Killah. Its that he doesn't fit with the Jets. He was actually projected to go on the next pick to the Panthers. He was a consensus top 15 player. But no one agrees with the Jets taking him, that I can see.
    ..why doesn't he fit? We played more 4-3 than 3-4 last year, and it's pretty clear we're going to play the 4-3 even more this year (and forward considering this is it for Rex). He fits perfectly. Right next to MoWilk, could be two of the best DT's in the league. Richardson graded out VERY good by all experts, KK. I have no idea what you're saying.

    And if you think I backed Sanchez to the moon KK, I didn't. When he went off the cliff, everyone's support went with it.



  4. #1564
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,684
    I'm just calling that as I see it. A lot of people were confused by that pick. Even Mayock acknowledged it post-draft that Jets nation is majority unhappy with Richardson, though he did call him a 310 lb physical freak in the same sentence.

  5. #1565
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'm just calling that as I see it. A lot of people were confused by that pick. Even Mayock acknowledged it post-draft that Jets nation is majority unhappy with Richardson, though he did call him a 310 lb physical freak in the same sentence.
    At first I understood the confusion... but clearly we're going to be playing 4-3 and MoWilk-Richardson should be beastly. Richardson getting single release? Love it. Coples in a 4-3 as an edge rusher? Love it.



  6. #1566
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'm just calling that as I see it. A lot of people were confused by that pick. Even Mayock acknowledged it post-draft that Jets nation is majority unhappy with Richardson, though he did call him a 310 lb physical freak in the same sentence.
    Jets Nation is retarded so take them for what they're worth. The people in attendance are drunk and only want flash. The people in the chat rooms are slightly better.


  7. #1567
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,684
    Fair enough, its certainly hard to find much more than Gino Smith to complain about right now. Thats the make or break factor on the competency of this draft. Wasn't even remotely as bad as the Bills, though.

  8. #1568
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Fair enough, its certainly hard to find much more than Gino Smith to complain about right now. Thats the make or break factor on the competency of this draft. Wasn't even remotely as bad as the Bills, though.
    I am on record as saying that I would have liked them to take the original Tampa offer for Revis that included next year's #1 instead of this year's pick. While I understand that it would have probably been lower than this year's pick, it would have given them more trading ammunition in a more quarterback-rich draft next year.

    As for Geno, I don't expect much from him but this was a team that had a need at QB and drafted one of the best in the draft. Take that FWIW. This draft sucked for QB.


  9. #1569
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I am on record as saying that I would have liked them to take the original Tampa offer for Revis that included next year's #1 instead of this year's pick. While I understand that it would have probably been lower than this year's pick, it would have given them more trading ammunition in a more quarterback-rich draft next year.

    As for Geno, I don't expect much from him but this was a team that had a need at QB and drafted one of the best in the draft. Take that FWIW. This draft sucked for QB.
    I agree with this... For the most part. I don't see any reason why they should have taken a quarterback this year at all. Rexy-poo already said that Sanchez is the man. Then they bring in Garrard to push him and fight for the starting job. Next year's quarterbacks are all better than Geno. Just like the Eagles......they had no need to grab a quarterback. They signed Vick, they have Dixon, they have Foles. Now, if Foles isn't traded, Dixon is gonna either be cut or pushed the to practice squad with the Barkley get.

    As for Richardson... The only two people of the people I talked to and from all the different draft and post draft posts, reviews, grades, analysis... only two, Doctego and DW had something positive to say about Richardson. The rest of the football world did not.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  10. #1570
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    ..why doesn't he fit? We played more 4-3 than 3-4 last year, and it's pretty clear we're going to play the 4-3 even more this year (and forward considering this is it for Rex). He fits perfectly. Right next to MoWilk, could be two of the best DT's in the league. Richardson graded out VERY good by all experts, KK. I have no idea what you're saying.

    And if you think I backed Sanchez to the moon KK, I didn't. When he went off the cliff, everyone's support went with it.
    Nah, DW...you went a little beyond the moon with Sanchez bro!! You gave me a pile of crap about him for taking a giant pile of crap on him, but its all good. It adds to the fun of the season.

    We'll just have to keep an eye out during the offseason and monitor things as they go.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  11. #1571
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    As for Richardson... The only two people of the people I talked to and from all the different draft and post draft posts, reviews, grades, analysis... only two, Doctego and DW had something positive to say about Richardson. The rest of the football world did not.
    You clearly haven't talked to anyone. Richardson is a physical freak who graded out well with everyone. Including your boy Mayock.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I am on record as saying that I would have liked them to take the original Tampa offer for Revis that included next year's #1 instead of this year's pick. While I understand that it would have probably been lower than this year's pick, it would have given them more trading ammunition in a more quarterback-rich draft next year.

    As for Geno, I don't expect much from him but this was a team that had a need at QB and drafted one of the best in the draft. Take that FWIW. This draft sucked for QB.
    I wanted a #1 next year, too. Teddy Bridgewater please.



  12. #1572
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    You clearly haven't talked to anyone. Richardson is a physical freak who graded out well with everyone. Including your boy Mayock.



    I wanted a #1 next year, too. Teddy Bridgewater please.
    Uh-huh....... No one ever said that Richardson wasn't a big boy. And if he graded well with everyone..... Than why doesn't anyone except you like the pick for the Jets.

    I love it.....Calling for Teddy Bridgewater already.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  13. #1573
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Uh-huh....... No one ever said that Richardson wasn't a big boy. And if he graded well with everyone..... Than why doesn't anyone except you like the pick for the Jets.

    I love it.....Calling for Teddy Bridgewater already.
    I'm not the only one who likes the pick, get over yourself. You're one of the many who doesn't watch the Jets. We played more 4-3 than 3-4 last year, and will continue to play more. He's the top inside pass rusher in the draft.

    The Jets roster is still obviously under rebuilding, I wanted Bridgewater definitely. But that doesn't mean I think Geno has no chance to succeed, although given the Jets history of QB's, the more the better.
    Last edited by dw13; 04-28-2013 at 04:38 PM.



  14. #1574
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,758
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I agree with this... For the most part. I don't see any reason why they should have taken a quarterback this year at all. Rexy-poo already said that Sanchez is the man. Then they bring in Garrard to push him and fight for the starting job. Next year's quarterbacks are all better than Geno. Just like the Eagles......they had no need to grab a quarterback. They signed Vick, they have Dixon, they have Foles. Now, if Foles isn't traded, Dixon is gonna either be cut or pushed the to practice squad with the Barkley get.

    As for Richardson... The only two people of the people I talked to and from all the different draft and post draft posts, reviews, grades, analysis... only two, Doctego and DW had something positive to say about Richardson. The rest of the football world did not.
    I don't care what Rex said. He has had diarrhea of the mouth since he got here. Watching him talk about their draft and roster plans has shown me that he is just a puppet right now.

    I haven't said shit about Richardson other than that we should let him step on the field before we reserve judgement.

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Uh-huh....... No one ever said that Richardson wasn't a big boy. And if he graded well with everyone..... Than why doesn't anyone except you like the pick for the Jets.

    I love it.....Calling for Teddy Bridgewater already.
    At least he's talking about players before the draft. He isn't reading what others had to say, parachuting in, and spewing out a synopsis of the "experts".

    I have a request of you. For someone that obviously watches a lot of football and has somewhat of an idea about this shit, it shouldn't be a problem. Come here next year before the draft. Let us know your thoughts beforehand. Let's see the KK mock draft rather than the MM2.


  15. #1575
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I don't care what Rex said. He has had diarrhea of the mouth since he got here. Watching him talk about their draft and roster plans has shown me that he is just a puppet right now.

    I haven't said shit about Richardson other than that we should let him step on the field before we reserve judgement.



    At least he's talking about players before the draft. He isn't reading what others had to say, parachuting in, and spewing out a synopsis of the "experts".
    Oh I am not questioning Bridgewater as a player, I just think its funny calling for a QB after you just drafted a QB, seems to me that the faith in the just drafted QB really isn't there.

    I have a request of you. For someone that obviously watches a lot of football and has somewhat of an idea about this shit, it shouldn't be a problem. Come here next year before the draft. Let us know your thoughts beforehand. Let's see the KK mock draft rather than the MM2.
    Usually we do this... we'll get a couple of mocks up here. In fact, I wanted to get all my "team reviews" in before the draft and then do something for the draft, but been too busy with stuff and haven't had much extra time to check in. I'll gladly chuck a mock up here.



    ----
    Being that the draft is over with now, I am just commenting on what I see for the team(s) for this coming season with what they've done.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  16. #1576
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Here's a couple of doozies....
    Quote Originally Posted by SBNation
    The best thing you can say about the Milliner pick is that the Jets run a similar coverage to Alabama. But given the depth of cornerback this year, and the injury concerns with Milliner, it's a risky choice. With Muhammad Wilkerson and Coples, the pick of Richardson is one of the most puzzling choices in the first round. Richardson is good and disruptive, but where does he play? Further, the Jets had a chance to bolster one of the NFL's worst offenses and decided not to in the first round.
    Grade: C
    Quote Originally Posted by CBS
    CBS: C-

    New York Jets: D+

    No team makes personnel decisions with their hands over their eyes more often than New York.
    In the second round with needs all over the field, new general manager John Idzik took quarterback Geno Smith. The good news? The Jets have six signal-callers on the roster. The bad news? The circus lives on. New York clearly doesn't realize how many holes exist on the offensive side of the ball. Smith has no chance this season.
    In the third round, the Jets wised up and took guard Winters from Kent State. After losing both of their starting guards in the offseason including Brandon Moore - he of the butt fumble - a guard was needed. Winters provides some competition on the interior.
    Enough of this Jets circus crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by source citing Mel Kiper
    Jets and Raiders don't drop the ball

    The New York Jets and the Oakland Raiders have a reputation for making some silly decision on draft day. Both organizations made out relatively well, however, earning "B" and "B-" grades from Kiper, respectively.
    Geno Smith earned some grief for slipping out of the first round, and jokes were had due to the circus he is about to enter. According to Kiper, however, the organization should be praised for grabbing who he (and many others) felt was the best quarterback in the draft at No. 39 overall. The Jets could have made a better effort to help Smith by targeting a wide receiver or offensive lineman with one of their two first round picks, but overall fans should be happy.
    So we are seeing everything from B-D...
    Last edited by King_Killah; 04-28-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  17. #1577
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    What does Coples have to do with Richardson?

    I said I WANTED #1 for Bridgewater. Wanted. Past tense. Before we drafted Geno.

    Outside of Eifert who should we of drafted on offense over Richardson?



  18. #1578
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,684
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post

    As for Richardson... The only two people of the people I talked to and from all the different draft and post draft posts, reviews, grades, analysis... only two, Doctego and DW had something positive to say about Richardson. The rest of the football world did not.
    What are you talking about man? Mike Mayock's word is law. Mike Mayock is your King, Kingkillah. I respect you a great deal more than the average fucking prick around here, you're in Doc's category as two simply sensible individuals who I very rarely find myself disagreeing with - But you're fucking mentally inept compared to Mike Mayock. You know shit about anything compared to Mike Mayock. So when Mike Mayock had nothing but good things to say about Richardson, and projected him to go in the top 13, I have to say you're just full of shit on this one man. Mike Mayock is the rest of the football world as far as pre-draft analysis goes. If he projected Richardson top 13, that means the football world is in favor of Richardson going in the top 13. Period man, no room for you to slip in a valid opinion disagreeing because by simply disagreeing with the guy, you've invalidated yourself.

    Do I sound high on Mayock? Honestly, I'm not high enough on the guy. Hes simply that spot-on and on point when it comes to these projections. He knows more than the collective sum of every member of this board's football knowledge - Combined. Theres simply no validity to saying "The football world hates Richardson, thought he went way too high" when Mike Mayock basically projected him exactly where he went. Richardson was NOT drafted too high - Make an argument that hes wrong for the Jets, but he was NOT wrong at the 12th pick.
    Last edited by Kyle; 04-28-2013 at 09:55 PM.

  19. #1579
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    13,252
    Doc, your wish has been granted, Tebow has been cut!

  20. #1580
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,758
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Doc, your wish has been granted, Tebow has been cut!
    And Garrard is retiring.


  21. #1581
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,684
    Not too much positive to say about Week 1 except maybe the Jets aren't quite as shitty as the Bucs. Gino Smith is certainly less shitty than that worthless turd-sniffer Josh Freeman.

  22. #1582
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,684
    Well, in stark contrast to basically everything I've ever said about the Jets...GO JETS! How can you not get behind the insanely good job this team has done while growing through Gino Smith? I've been fully on board the "Hate the jets" bandwagon for years, its been so fun despising this team thanks to the obnoxious Rex Ryan, but its impossible to not support and cheer for them this year. This is becoming an inspirational story on par with Andy Reed in Kansas City, and the icing on the cake is even Rex has finally shut the fuck up and by association everyone else did too. Sanchez isn't starting. For the first time in a long time, theres really nothing to hate about the Jets.

    This Jets D looks seriously good again. Revis who? Hows TB working out? No faulting Revis of course, that defense is very good in TB since his arrival, too bad he has by far the worst starting QB in the league leading his offense. Josh Freeman, you are a fucking mockery, a joke, an embarrassment, just fake an injury and stop singlehandedly throwing games away every sunday. Pathetic.

    But I digress. The Jets D clearly survived the transition. Smith and Holmes could very potentially evolve into a feared duo. Holmes is a ridiculously talented WR despite his lack of size. I love this guy Stephen Hill. This Jets team is genuine. They can make the playoffs. Smith can only get better.

    Speaking of which, *Insert foot in mouth*, Smith is an NFL QB

  23. #1583
    Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Frederick MD
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,570
    Freeman? The worst? I dunno... Gabbert's still technically a starter when he's not hurt...
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:





  24. #1584
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    13,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Well, in stark contrast to basically everything I've ever said about the Jets...GO JETS! How can you not get behind the insanely good job this team has done while growing through Gino Smith? I've been fully on board the "Hate the jets" bandwagon for years, its been so fun despising this team thanks to the obnoxious Rex Ryan, but its impossible to not support and cheer for them this year. This is becoming an inspirational story on par with Andy Reed in Kansas City, and the icing on the cake is even Rex has finally shut the fuck up and by association everyone else did too. Sanchez isn't starting. For the first time in a long time, theres really nothing to hate about the Jets.

    This Jets D looks seriously good again. Revis who? Hows TB working out? No faulting Revis of course, that defense is very good in TB since his arrival, too bad he has by far the worst starting QB in the league leading his offense. Josh Freeman, you are a fucking mockery, a joke, an embarrassment, just fake an injury and stop singlehandedly throwing games away every sunday. Pathetic.

    But I digress. The Jets D clearly survived the transition. Smith and Holmes could very potentially evolve into a feared duo. Holmes is a ridiculously talented WR despite his lack of size. I love this guy Stephen Hill. This Jets team is genuine. They can make the playoffs. Smith can only get better.

    Speaking of which, *Insert foot in mouth*, Smith is an NFL QB
    This is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Geno Smith still has more INT than TD and the defense is good not great. Holmes shows up for one game against a shitty Bills defense and you are ready to call him and the Smith the next best duo? You are a one week wonder of a man Kyle. What next, the Raiders upset the Broncos tonight and all of a sudden are you going to claim them as Super Bowl contenders?!! Hahaha

  25. #1585
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Well, in stark contrast to basically everything I've ever said about the Jets...GO JETS! How can you not get behind the insanely good job this team has done while growing through Gino Smith? I've been fully on board the "Hate the jets" bandwagon for years, its been so fun despising this team thanks to the obnoxious Rex Ryan, but its impossible to not support and cheer for them this year. This is becoming an inspirational story on par with Andy Reed in Kansas City, and the icing on the cake is even Rex has finally shut the fuck up and by association everyone else did too. Sanchez isn't starting. For the first time in a long time, theres really nothing to hate about the Jets.

    This Jets D looks seriously good again. Revis who? Hows TB working out? No faulting Revis of course, that defense is very good in TB since his arrival, too bad he has by far the worst starting QB in the league leading his offense. Josh Freeman, you are a fucking mockery, a joke, an embarrassment, just fake an injury and stop singlehandedly throwing games away every sunday. Pathetic.

    But I digress. The Jets D clearly survived the transition. Smith and Holmes could very potentially evolve into a feared duo. Holmes is a ridiculously talented WR despite his lack of size. I love this guy Stephen Hill. This Jets team is genuine. They can make the playoffs. Smith can only get better.

    Speaking of which, *Insert foot in mouth*, Smith is an NFL QB
    I wish that what you said was true but I'm not ready to sign off yet. Their schedule gets much more difficult for the next 5-6 weeks. All this start guarantees to me is that they could go 8-8 this season.


  26. #1586
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    13,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I wish that what you said was true but I'm not ready to sign off yet. Their schedule gets much more difficult for the next 5-6 weeks. All this start guarantees to me is that they could go 8-8 this season.
    It also guarantees you that Smith is not a very good QB and Rex won't have a job at the end of the year. I would be shocked if the Jets finished 8-8. I'm thinking more like 6-10.

  27. #1587
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,758
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    It also guarantees you that Smith is not a very good QB and Rex won't have a job at the end of the year. I would be shocked if the Jets finished 8-8. I'm thinking more like 6-10.
    I don't expect them to go 8-8 but this start makes that possible. If they started 0-3, they were staring 2-14 in the face. I also don't expect Rex to keep his job past this season but I'm impressed that you can judge a QB on 3 NFL starts with limited preseason action. He's a rookie and makes a bunch of dumb mistakes but he has shown me some positives that Sanchez never did, even when people were on his nuts after the early success in his career.


  28. #1588
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,684
    I have to delete this post because I defended Gino Smith
    Last edited by Kyle; 12-02-2014 at 01:51 AM.

  29. #1589
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,684
    Wow, Rex blamed the cornerbacks for dropping picks, the special teams for getting outplayed, the kicker for missing field goals, but didn't address his QB who threw for 60 yards with no TDs and 1 int.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •