Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1589

Thread: New York Jets

  1. #31
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    LaMont Jordan did not do the same thing as Leon, Curtis got every single touch in the backfield every year Jordan was there. We hated his work ethic and let him go for nothing. And once again, your lack of Jets knowledge lets you down. Even if we only win 6 games this year, or shit, we win 4 this year like last.. Mangini will not be fired.. Tangini will be together for atleast the next 2 seasons, winning or losing. We beat them 17-14 and Brady had 2 turnovers, and was sacked numerous times in the rain at home.
    No, you are right... Jordan didn't do the same thing as Leon. He was actually better. (Fly, go grab the toilet paper, I know you just shit your pants) In '04 Jordan averaged 5.2 a carry. Which was enough for the Raiders to bring him in as their number one and enough for Fly to suck him off day in and day out. I never liked Jordan. I always thought he was a glorified back-up at best. But YOU mentioned Leon Washington like he is the next almighty, almost in the same tone as Fly spoke about Jordan. Now, Jordan's last season with the Jets he averaged 5.2, he ran the ball 93 times for 479 yards where as Washington only ran 71 times for 353 yards, averaging 5.0, so Jordan was the better of the two.

    Lack of Jets knowledge. Once again... are you serious? Seriously? I ask you.

    Mangini sucks. If the Jets win 6 games, he'll be lucky.

    That 17-14 game where Pennington threw for an amazing 160 yards and had a pick himself??? Yeah...beat down. Mmmm... can't stand it. Not to mention that was a Patriots team with ZERO wide receivers. You are such a goof... You make me laugh though!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  2. #32
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    13,251
    If there is one thing I have learned since I met King Killah in real life (about what, 10 years now) is that you NEVER question his football knowledge. This I have learned many times!


    Plus, the Jets just suck and if they come close to beating the Pats it's not because they are good, it's because most division games aren't blowouts.

  3. #33
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    No, you are right... Jordan didn't do the same thing as Leon. He was actually better. (Fly, go grab the toilet paper, I know you just shit your pants) In '04 Jordan averaged 5.2 a carry. Which was enough for the Raiders to bring him in as their number one and enough for Fly to suck him off day in and day out. I never liked Jordan. I always thought he was a glorified back-up at best. But YOU mentioned Leon Washington like he is the next almighty, almost in the same tone as Fly spoke about Jordan. Now, Jordan's last season with the Jets he averaged 5.2, he ran the ball 93 times for 479 yards where as Washington only ran 71 times for 353 yards, averaging 5.0, so Jordan was the better of the two.

    Lack of Jets knowledge. Once again... are you serious? Seriously? I ask you.

    Mangini sucks. If the Jets win 6 games, he'll be lucky.

    That 17-14 game where Pennington threw for an amazing 160 yards and had a pick himself??? Yeah...beat down. Mmmm... can't stand it. Not to mention that was a Patriots team with ZERO wide receivers. You are such a goof... You make me laugh though!
    Leon averaged 5.0 behind a line that has 2 starters that are no longer in the league, we released and no one picked them up.

    The year your talking about, I think it was 2004 for LaMont, when we had argueably one of the best lines in football. The FEAR line, we lost that season to the Steelers in Hienz field on a duffed FG at the end of regulation. He also was the backup to one of the top5 backs in NFL History. LaMonts lack of effort in practice and offseason has cost him two jobs.

    Leon isn't a featured back, I never said that. But for a change of pace back, I'd take him over many.

    17-14 is 17-14, doesn't matter if Chad had 10 yards or 200 yards, it doesn't matter.



  4. #34
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Leon averaged 5.0 behind a line that has 2 starters that are no longer in the league, we released and no one picked them up.

    The year your talking about, I think it was 2004 for LaMont, when we had argueably one of the best lines in football. The FEAR line, we lost that season to the Steelers in Hienz field on a duffed FG at the end of regulation. He also was the backup to one of the top5 backs in NFL History. LaMonts lack of effort in practice and offseason has cost him two jobs.

    Leon isn't a featured back, I never said that. But for a change of pace back, I'd take him over many.

    17-14 is 17-14, doesn't matter if Chad had 10 yards or 200 yards, it doesn't matter.
    I'd take Leon on my special teams units anyday of the week. I am not saying or have I ever said LaMont Jordan is anything spectacular. In fact, I have said numerous times over the exact opposite. I was just pointing out numbers because of your statement on Leon Washington. That's all.

    I agree 17-14 is 17-14 regardless of 10 yards or 200. Not questioning that at all. I was just pointing out that you made it sound like Tom Brady was horrific, but Chad Pennington was no better. I actually remember that game pretty vividly. It was a nice $200 loss on that game.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  5. #35
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    If there is one thing I have learned since I met King Killah in real life (about what, 10 years now) is that you NEVER question his football knowledge. This I have learned many times!


    Plus, the Jets just suck and if they come close to beating the Pats it's not because they are good, it's because most division games aren't blowouts.
    10 years and you are still alive.....holy shit!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  6. #36
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I'd take Leon on my special teams units anyday of the week. I am not saying or have I ever said LaMont Jordan is anything spectacular. In fact, I have said numerous times over the exact opposite. I was just pointing out numbers because of your statement on Leon Washington. That's all.

    I agree 17-14 is 17-14 regardless of 10 yards or 200. Not questioning that at all. I was just pointing out that you made it sound like Tom Brady was horrific, but Chad Pennington was no better. I actually remember that game pretty vividly. It was a nice $200 loss on that game.
    What site do you bet on?



  7. #37
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Leon averaged 5.0 behind a line that has 2 starters that are no longer in the league, we released and no one picked them up.

    The year your talking about, I think it was 2004 for LaMont, when we had argueably one of the best lines in football. The FEAR line, we lost that season to the Steelers in Hienz field on a duffed FG at the end of regulation. He also was the backup to one of the top5 backs in NFL History. LaMonts lack of effort in practice and offseason has cost him two jobs.

    Leon isn't a featured back, I never said that. But for a change of pace back, I'd take him over many.

    17-14 is 17-14, doesn't matter if Chad had 10 yards or 200 yards, it doesn't matter.
    Um, no.

    Edit: as in there is no way Curtis Martin is a top 5 back in the history of the NFL!

  8. #38
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    What site do you bet on?
    SportsInteraction

    You throw down?
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  9. #39
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    SportsInteraction

    You throw down?
    Every day, I use Sportsbook though. Dull time of year with it only being baseball up though.



  10. #40
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Every day, I use Sportsbook though. Dull time of year with it only being baseball up though.
    Tell me about it! How are you doing in baseball?? I can pick a side, but the over/unders...I think I hit once out of 12 times.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  11. #41
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Tell me about it! How are you doing in baseball?? I can pick a side, but the over/unders...I think I hit once out of 12 times.
    o/u's are incredibly difficult and normally come back to bite.

    I'm up nearly 500 in baseball this season, I haven't bet too hardcore like I did last year and years before. I'm all about NFL / College ball, I'm money there. I cashed out over 1000 dollars last year on both at the end of the year. I also enjoy throwing some Soccer Games when its in season.



  12. #42
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    o/u's are incredibly difficult and normally come back to bite.

    I'm up nearly 500 in baseball this season, I haven't bet too hardcore like I did last year and years before. I'm all about NFL / College ball, I'm money there. I cashed out over 1000 dollars last year on both at the end of the year. I also enjoy throwing some Soccer Games when its in season.
    Nice... Yeah, NFL I can usually work some magic. College Hoops is actually my next best play. Then College football. MLB, NHL, NBA I take here and there.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  13. #43
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Nice... Yeah, NFL I can usually work some magic. College Hoops is actually my next best play. Then College football. MLB, NHL, NBA I take here and there.
    Yeah Hoops is another good one. I dominated NFL and College Football, actually its sick, and I start betting incredible amounts of money, which I shouldn't haha. I love the time of season though. I'm sitting at the Swamp and have my phone up and checking the big scoreboard 24/7 haha



  14. #44
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Yeah Hoops is another good one. I dominated NFL and College Football, actually its sick, and I start betting incredible amounts of money, which I shouldn't haha. I love the time of season though. I'm sitting at the Swamp and have my phone up and checking the big scoreboard 24/7 haha
    I know what you mean... I am usually at a bar that has all the games on. A group of us usually are there from the pregame shows all the way through the post game shows of the 4:00pm games. We usually have a laptop up there and everything. Gotta keep track of fantasy and betting.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  15. #45
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I know what you mean... I am usually at a bar that has all the games on. A group of us usually are there from the pregame shows all the way through the post game shows of the 4:00pm games. We usually have a laptop up there and everything. Gotta keep track of fantasy and betting.
    Yeah its sick. Saturdays, if its a home game here at UF.. I'm sitting at the Swamp all day long prolly 9am to end of the game whatever time it may be.

    Sundays, I'm infront of my Sunday NFL ticket, laptop next to me flicking channels constantly. (when the Jets are not on, I'm normally in tears if they are)



  16. #46
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sporting News
    As training camp nears, the New York Jets find themselves to be one of many teams with a quarterback battle on their hands with Pennington leading the way. However, in Chad Pennington's case, his battle with strong-armed, third-year pro Kellen Clemens has prompted him to reinvent the way he throws the football. "The biggest point of emphasis for me right now is I'm changing mechanical issues with my throwing motion," Pennington said after a recent workout. "I really went back and studied it, and I want to really focus on it to where I gain more consistency with my throws, be more consistent with the velocity and really take it to the next level."
    Now this is kinda scary... When a veteran QB has to make mechanics changes. Give the ball to Clemens!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  17. #47
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Post
    New York Jets beat writer Mark Cannizzaro speculates that the Jets are secretly hoping that QB Kellen Clemens beats out former started Chad Pennington to be the starting QB. Pennington lost his starting job to Clemens last season.
    See now this is just stupid. If the Jets want Clemens to win the job, why don't they just give him the job and let him work. The best experience is on the job experience. He will gain so much more on the field than on the sidelines.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  18. #48
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Now this is kinda scary... When a veteran QB has to make mechanics changes. Give the ball to Clemens!
    He has done this every season for the past 3 seasons. Always trying to improve his motion.



  19. #49
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    See now this is just stupid. If the Jets want Clemens to win the job, why don't they just give him the job and let him work. The best experience is on the job experience. He will gain so much more on the field than on the sidelines.
    Of course we want the young kid to be able to win it and stand out, I just don't know if he can do it. I do hope he can if he wins the job, but I'm not against Chad either.



  20. #50
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    So we've been totally bashed by the rest of the NFL for signing Pace to a mega deal with over $20 Mill in gurantees over the 1st 2 years (Yikes!). A lot people might say "what the hell has a guy who had only 6.5 sacks the previous year done to deserve this deal?"

    Well I picked up a copy of PFP from the football outsiders . These are the guys, along with K.C Joyner, that track pretty much every detail in every game and chart minute stats. Its really great stuff and I highly recommend it. Anyway I was reading up on the Jets section of the book and looked up some interesting stats on Calvin Pace.

    Pace was the number 1 ranked LB in coverage. He was thrown at 17 times last season and had a 77% success rate. To put that in perspective Vilma who is well known for his ability in coverage only had a 54% success rate while being thrown at 14 times. Other notbables are Dallas Cowboy OLB Demarcus Ware who is noted for being the most complete 3-4 OLB in both pass rushing and coverage but even he did not stack up to Pace's production as he had only a 46% Success being thrown at 8 times. A.J Hawk who is highly touted for his ability in coverage had an impressive 62% Success but it still doesn't match Pace's rate.

    In addition he put up ridiculously good numbers in what analysts consider the most important stat in determing how good a player is in coverage which is 3.5 Yards per pass completed (PaYd). Which means Pace snuffed out any completed pass plays very quickly and didn't get burned by TEs. Compared to Wares 5.0 (PaYd) and Hawk's 4.8 (PaYd).


    As for his pass rushing abilities which we paid him the big bucks for...6.5 sacks might not seem great but looking at the big picture he brough ALOT of pressure although he was not the one to take down the QB. Pace totaled 15 QB hurries which is more than Shawn Merriman (6), Osi Umenyiora (13), and tied with Michael Strahan (15). To go along with 4 hits on the QB after the play which is also important (always make sure you get that opposing QB's jersey dirty).

    His best ability maybe on running downs as he tallied a ridiculous 25 *defeats* on running plays. To put that in perspective the 2nd closest guy on the Jets roster to that total last year would be David Harris with 17, Bryan Thomas finished with 11. It also puts in him very close to the Elite 3-4 OLB such as Ware who tallied 34 and Merriman 30.


    At first glance it seems like an out of character signing but when looking it over its clear Mike T and Mangini did their homework on this guy.



  21. #51
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778
    Is Washington going to be a key return guy again this year? In one of my keepers, he was the #13 RB last year because of the settings (see below)

    Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
    Passing Touchdowns (6)
    Interceptions (-2)
    Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
    Rushing Touchdowns (6)
    Receptions (0.5)
    Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
    Reception Touchdowns (6)
    Return Yards (25 yards per point; 4 points at 100 yards)
    Return Touchdowns (6)
    2-Point Conversions (2)
    Fumbles Lost (-2)
    Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
    Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
    Point After Attempt Made (1)
    Point After Attempt Missed (-1)
    Tackle Solo (1)
    Tackle Assist (0.5)
    Sack (2)
    Interception (3)
    Fumble Force (2)
    Fumble Recovery (2)
    Touchdown (6)
    Safety (3)
    Pass Defended (1.5)
    Block Kick (3)

    Leon Washington
    RUSH
    Yds 353
    TD 3
    PASS
    Rec 36
    Yds 213
    TD 0
    RETURN
    Yds 1474
    TD 3
    2PT 1
    Lost 2
    Fan Pts 201
    Last edited by b_illin; 07-18-2008 at 06:25 PM.

  22. #52
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    13,251
    yes, washington is going to most likely return kicks and punts.

  23. #53
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    He will be the main returner of both if Justin Miller doesn't win the #2 CB Job(which he will) and if he doesn't, I could see a little splitting action and going with the hot hand.

    I'd expect Washington to be returning just about everything though.



  24. #54
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Newark Star-Ledger

    Jets coach Eric Mangini says he has no timetable as to when he'll make a decision on the QB starter. He said he will split the reps 50-50 in practice but isn't sure how he'll play Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens during preseason games.
    Since the Jets appear to be focused on winning now, Pennington should be the choice, especially with the team looking to run the ball more. With pass protection and a running game, Pennington has proven he can win in the NFL despite his off year last season (10 TDs, nine INTs and 1-7 record as a starter).

    Clemens played well in his first NFL start but struggled the rest of his time as a starter (five TDs, 10 INTs and a 3-5 record as a starter). The Jets QBs struggled behind a patchwork offensive line. That shouldn't be the case this season.

    "The (decision) is really based on who we think is going to be able to lead the team and do the best job," Mangini said.
    Back and forth... If the team feels like they have a shot at being competitive, I say Pennington gets the starting spot, if they feel like they'll need to look to the future, I am guessing they'll go Clemens.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  25. #55
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Its getting to the point KK where I'm driving myself up a wall with this. I'm pretty sure it has to be Pennington, I've read some really bad reports from Clemens but then again, we all saw Chad last year. Idk, I'm pulling for Chad because I think our defense could make such a giant stride this year we could be very competitive. (Revis, Rhodes, Harris, Gholsten) thats a nice 4 building blocks.



  26. #56
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Gholsten signed at around 9mill a year.



  27. #57
    Rotisserie Fantasy Addict All-Star PMStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE CT
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,953
    I would love to see the Jets pluck Favre for this year...I like Pennington's character but the poor guy can't do shit in the NFL after those rotator surgeries. Sounds like Clemens isn't ready either...Why not go with Favre, at least it'll be fun to watch... I think the Jets receiving core is underrated especially Cotchery who's career has been spent waiting for passes from Chad to land...let's get a veteran in here to run the offense.

    Being a Mets and Jets fan is frustrating, I don't like the decisions the higher-ups on either team makes...I have a feeling Mangini's act will wear thin this year and he'll join the ranks of Willie Randolph.

    Living in the Boston sports territory worsens this frustration because I'm seeing all four of those Boston organizations doing everything right.
    Last edited by PMStick; 07-28-2008 at 05:15 AM.




    HOCKEY 10-Team Yahoo Roto 1-Man Keeper (2 Rounds Before Draft Spot)
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW...W, GAA, SV, SV%

  28. #58
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    13,251
    I just don't see Favre wanting to go to the Jets and have to play NE twice in one year.

  29. #59
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    I just don't see Favre wanting to go to the Jets and have to play NE twice in one year.
    you crack me up.



  30. #60
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,544
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    I just don't see Favre wanting to go to the Jets and have to play NE twice in one year.
    Yeah Favre has said he would like to talk to other teams as well, not just the Jets and Bucs, I really think he wants to play in Minny pretty bad from everything I read.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •