Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Jets

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

New York Jets

I didn't know whether to make a Jets thread or a Saints thread because I am not sure which team this is bigger news for.

NEW YORK (AP)—The New York Jets traded linebacker Jonathan Vilma to the New Orleans Saints on Friday for a fourth-round draft pick in April.
    If Vilma reaches certain playtime incentives and signs a contract extension with New Orleans, New York would instead receive a second- or third-round pick in 2009. The Jets would then give the Saints their fourth-round pick next year.
    Vilma for a 4th. Jets got raped there. But, I would think Vilma could reach the incentives and resign, so the Jets could get the extra pick.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Unsung Hero All-Star nyihater4life's Avatar
    Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid move.
    Alex "Dont Call Me Alexander Anymore" Ovechkin

Quote Originally Posted by nyihater4life View Post
    Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid move.

Yeah.... I'd say.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

He wasn't as effective in Mangini's 3-4, plus he was banged up a bit and missed time. I bet though he will be a force with the Saints. I agree that the Jets lost that deal.
    12 Team Yahoo H2H keeper- HARTFORD HUMBUCKERS
    G +6, A +3, P, PPA +1, PPG +3 PIM +1, Hits +.5 SOG, HAT +6 SHA +1 SHG +2 GWG +4
    Starts +1, Wins *15, Sho +10, negatives: goals allowed -2; losses -7

12 F Panarin,Perry, Monahan, Tkachuk, Reinhart, Hanzel, Stepan, Toews, Hartnell, JT Miller, Boone Jenner, Abeldecker, Gallegher,
    5 D-Ekman-Larson, Keith, Vatanen,Carlson, Lindholm, Del Zotto

2 G- Martin Jones, Dubynk, Raanta
    IR/O-Abdelkader, Toews
    5 man bench
    Daily Moves,

Take the gun, leave the cannoli.

http://www.thescorerocks.com
    The Score (CT) on Facebook

Unsung Hero All-Star nyihater4life's Avatar
    Yeah im just mad we didnt get something better for him. As long as the Jets dont move Cotchery im happy, the guy is great!
    Alex "Dont Call Me Alexander Anymore" Ovechkin

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    booo Faneca signed with the Jets

Record deal.

Alan Faneca, seven times a Pro Bowler, became the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history yesterday when he agreed to a $40 million contract with the New York Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 03-02-2008 at 02:04 AM.

I just read the same thing. I hear that he is the premier guy on the left side, but I guess with O-Linemen , I have never heard much of him. Was the deal worth it?
    12 Team Yahoo H2H keeper- HARTFORD HUMBUCKERS
    G +6, A +3, P, PPA +1, PPG +3 PIM +1, Hits +.5 SOG, HAT +6 SHA +1 SHG +2 GWG +4
    Starts +1, Wins *15, Sho +10, negatives: goals allowed -2; losses -7

12 F Panarin,Perry, Monahan, Tkachuk, Reinhart, Hanzel, Stepan, Toews, Hartnell, JT Miller, Boone Jenner, Abeldecker, Gallegher,
    5 D-Ekman-Larson, Keith, Vatanen,Carlson, Lindholm, Del Zotto

2 G- Martin Jones, Dubynk, Raanta
    IR/O-Abdelkader, Toews
    5 man bench
    Daily Moves,

Take the gun, leave the cannoli.

http://www.thescorerocks.com
    The Score (CT) on Facebook

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucca Brazzi View Post
    I just read the same thing. I hear that he is the premier guy on the left side, but I guess with O-Linemen , I have never heard much of him. Was the deal worth it?
    Yeah, he's arguably the best guard in football and has been that way since he came out of LSU...although I didn't think he had a great year in 07. Might have been a little bitter that Pittsburgh didn't show him the money.

Great signing for the Jets

yes, but not at his age at that price!!!

Definitely worth the signing. However, they need waaay more than that piece of the puzzle to take the next step. But its a start.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    I was a huge Vilma fan and am pissed that they couldn't configure their system for him and Robertson. That said, they have made some great signings, except at a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Definitely worth the signing. However, they need waaay more than that piece of the puzzle to take the next step. But its a start.
    The Jets signed Faneca for what, 6 years? 21 mill gauranteed? He's already 10 years in the league, I imagine Oline is probably 2nd behind RB in terms of physical wear and tear on the body? They will be lucky to get 3 healthy years out of him, imho. I hate to see him go, I love the guy, Jets fans are gonna love him too, and I would have LOVED for him to stay.. but not at that kinda money!

Pittsburgh has always been really smart about letting guys go after their prime. Seems kinda shady but the Rooney's are smart about knowing who to keep and who to send away.

Take Joey Porter for example

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Sponge.......A lot of lineman have productive years well into their 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Sponge.......A lot of lineman have productive years well into their 30's.
    I wish Allen the best for sure, I wouldn't be sad to see him do well for a few more years But he's already what 32? That puts him at about 38 when his 6 years are up. Is that realistic? I guess so? You probably know better than I do. One thing I know for sure though is that at that age there was simply no way the Rooney's and their tight pocket books were gonna pay him what he got from the NYJ. The second they didn't get something done last year we all knew Fan was gone. Him not holding out speaks volumes to his awesome character and I know Jets fans will love him
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 03-06-2008 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    I wish Allen the best for sure, I wouldn't be sad to see him do well for a few more years But he's already what 32? That puts him at about 38 when his 6 years are up. Is that realistic? I guess so? You probably know better than I do. One thing I know for sure though is that at that age there was simply no way the Rooney's and their tight pocket books were gonna pay him what he got from the NYJ. The second they didn't get something done last year we all knew Fan was gone. Him not holding out speaks volumes to his awesome character and I know Jets fans will love him
    Yep 32. The contract would put him at 38....39 by the end of the season if he finishes out the contract.

If Faneca is with the Jets for all 6 years, he won't be starting at the tail-end of that contract.

GM in the Making All-Star keys2aFranchise's Avatar
    Jets really improved OLine this offseason.

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    If you thought the Jets overpaid for Faneca then what about Damien Woody? 5 years -30 million for him ( guessing 10-12 mill, guaranteed) Wasn't he part of the problem in Motown?

I like the Faneca signing but no woody over Woody.

I suppose there isn't a better time thannow to start talking NFL again - with hockey over and camps beginning.

Source: Rich Cimini, New York Daily News
    If one had to declare a winner today in the quest to be the Jets starting QB, he would have to choose Chad Pennington by default. Cimini notes that QB Kellen Clemens "really struggled", throwing one interception in a seven-on-seven drill, and tossing another pick in 11-on-11. At one point, OC Brian Schottenheimer criticized Clemens, who worked with the first team. Perhaps more alarming than the interceptions, Cimini exclaims, was Clemens' penchant for holding the ball. He ate the ball on three plays in the 7-on-7s, pulling it down and trying to scramble. On another note, rookie QB Erik Ainge (broken pinky) still isn't throwing.
    Here we go again in Jetland... The revolving QB issue. A little too early to name a #1, but this is the 3rd or 4th report that I have seen/read claiming Pennington will be/should be the #1.

I wouldn't go as far as saying you've seen that much to make Chad the starter. It is completely up in the air. Myself, I'd take Chad because of the team we will be putting infront of him. Possibly a top8 defense, with the new playmakers on offense. We have no excuse to be not in contention for the playoffs. Our CB spot is still up in the air, but if Miller can step in and play like the freak of an athlete he is, we will be in fine shape with Lowery, Poteat and Barrett to add to Miller and Revis.

The first 4 weeks of our season will tell the story completely, Miami, NE, SD and Arizona. I'm looking for Chad to beat out Kellen in camp, and for us to be selecting a QB early next year, possibly 1st round depending on Ainges progress over the year.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying you've seen that much to make Chad the starter. It is completely up in the air. Myself, I'd take Chad because of the team we will be putting infront of him. Possibly a top8 defense, with the new playmakers on offense. We have no excuse to be not in contention for the playoffs. Our CB spot is still up in the air, but if Miller can step in and play like the freak of an athlete he is, we will be in fine shape with Lowery, Poteat and Barrett to add to Miller and Revis.

The first 4 weeks of our season will tell the story completely, Miami, NE, SD and Arizona. I'm looking for Chad to beat out Kellen in camp, and for us to be selecting a QB early next year, possibly 1st round depending on Ainges progress over the year.
    At the time of that last post, yes there were 3 or 4 stories showing Pennington as the likely starter. Since then, just about every article about the Jets focusing on their QB issues all lean Pennington to start.

Playoff contention???? We are still talking about the Jets???? OK, their defense may have improved somewhat, but where is the offense coming from?

The first four weeks can easily show the Jets being 0-4. Opening at Miami, a game that everyone expects the Jets to win... I HAVE THE DOLPHINS WINNING this one sending the lowly Jets back home just to get anally raped by the Patriots. The Pats will send the Jets out west where they will get run up on again falling to 0-3. Now they are in a dilemma. Go home and face an Arizona team that should be turning the corner finally. Arizona comes to New Jersey and smacks the Jets on their ass. 0-4. Luckily, the Jets go into a bye week. Come out of the bye week and get Cincy at home, go to Oakland, then get KC at home. Three winable games. All in all...it will be an ugly season for Jets fans.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    At the time of that last post, yes there were 3 or 4 stories showing Pennington as the likely starter. Since then, just about every article about the Jets focusing on their QB issues all lean Pennington to start.

Playoff contention???? We are still talking about the Jets???? OK, their defense may have improved somewhat, but where is the offense coming from?

The first four weeks can easily show the Jets being 0-4. Opening at Miami, a game that everyone expects the Jets to win... I HAVE THE DOLPHINS WINNING this one sending the lowly Jets back home just to get anally raped by the Patriots. The Pats will send the Jets out west where they will get run up on again falling to 0-3. Now they are in a dilemma. Go home and face an Arizona team that should be turning the corner finally. Arizona comes to New Jersey and smacks the Jets on their ass. 0-4. Luckily, the Jets go into a bye week. Come out of the bye week and get Cincy at home, go to Oakland, then get KC at home. Three winable games. All in all...it will be an ugly season for Jets fans.
    We are a season away from winning 10 games, including a win at my guess "Your Patriots"

Your crazy if you think we go to Miami and lose. We do not lose there, we won't lose there. We are much better than them. We also will be in with the Patriots, we ALWAYS are.

We have the patriot killer recipe now in the seam running Tightend, and the studs upfront, on both sides of the ball. We have huge upfront with our front 7, and we will overpower on both sides of the ball this year. If Brick comes together like he has this offseason, playing around 320. We will have one of the best left sides of the O line in the league. Faneca, Brick, Mangold. All-3 are probowl type players. Also, with Revis become a top5 corner in the league, he is shut down completely. He was a top5 corner the second half of his rookie season. JMiller could possibly fill a huge hole in the secondary to go along with the Second best Safety in the league. Kerry Rhodes.

Yes, I said playoff contention. Sadly enough, 10 games is how much you have to win to get into the playoffs in the tough AFC.

You don't read about the Jets, don't talk about our QB situation. Its in the air right now, no one is a favorite. Fanbase mostly wants Clemens gun of an arm, and his obvious pose in the 4th quarter.

Myself, I want Chad because I know he can lead us to the playoffs with a team infront of him. (and behind him, LEON and TJ)

We are a season away from winning 10 games, including a win at my guess "Your Patriots"
    A season away... That's not this season. My Patriots??? You couldn't be more wrong if you were FlyGuy. They aren't my Patriots. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna
    Your crazy if you think we go to Miami and lose. We do not lose there, we won't lose there. We are much better than them. We also will be in with the Patriots, we ALWAYS are.
    I may be crazy, but I also do win more than I lose when betting on football. And I am all over the Phins in this one. Just for the mere fact, that you and everyone else are of the same mindset. You know what this game is like?? Its like that inaugural Houston Texans game, when they played Dallas and everyone and their mother and sister said Dallas was going to win, except for yours truly. Same thing... Miami wins this game, straight up.

We have the patriot killer recipe now in the seam running Tightend, and the studs upfront, on both sides of the ball. We have huge upfront with our front 7, and we will overpower on both sides of the ball this year. If Brick comes together like he has this offseason, playing around 320. We will have one of the best left sides of the O line in the league. Faneca, Brick, Mangold. All-3 are probowl type players. Also, with Revis become a top5 corner in the league, he is shut down completely. He was a top5 corner the second half of his rookie season. JMiller could possibly fill a huge hole in the secondary to go along with the Second best Safety in the league. Kerry Rhodes.
    As long as Mangini is running the show... You don't have a Patriot killer recipe. He sucks. The Jets will be at the bottom of "your" division.

Yes, I said playoff contention. Sadly enough, 10 games is how much you have to win to get into the playoffs in the tough AFC.
    If it takes 10 wins to get into playoff contention, then you won't be sniffing it this year.

You don't read about the Jets, don't talk about our QB situation. Its in the air right now, no one is a favorite. Fanbase mostly wants Clemens gun of an arm, and his obvious pose in the 4th quarter.
    Tell me what I do and don't do. Good for you. I just report them as I see them. Fanbase also wants Brady Quinn in Cleveland. Exception this time is "your" fanbase is right. The Jets should start Clemens. He is the better of the two QBs.

Myself, I want Chad because I know he can lead us to the playoffs with a team infront of him. (and behind him, LEON and TJ)
    TJ...haha. He is still a good back. He should surpass that incredible number of TDs he scored last year. What was it, 1 rushing - maybe 1 receiving. Leon Washington. I love him on the return. I don't love him if he ever has to be a #1 back, just like that other piece of shit you had in there as the #2, what was his name - LaMont Jordan.

I wish you and the NY Jets luck this season. At this point, but I am almost having a hard time seeing the Jets having a better record than the Raiders. In fact, without really looking at the schedules in great depth, I see 6 wins... Sorry!

I gotta agree with King on this one. The Jets just flat out suck. It doesn't matter if Chad "I'm sure to ruin this game somehow" Pennington starts or Clemens, who should be the starter since Chad has had plenty of time to fuck up. I think the Jets need about 2 more years until they are playoff ready.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    I gotta agree with King on this one. The Jets just flat out suck. It doesn't matter if Chad "I'm sure to ruin this game somehow" Pennington starts or Clemens, who should be the starter since Chad has had plenty of time to fuck up. I think the Jets need about 2 more years until they are playoff ready.
    Clemens has the ability and game to be a pretty decent QB. I also like Ainge somewhat. I don't think Pennington has anything left outside of a back-up QB and one that doesn't have to play more than a game.

I really am not trying to shit on the Jets... I just don't see anything positive coming out of this season. I will agree 2 years should be the turn around.

It wouldn't hurt to add some OFFENSIVE playmakers. I will say that their DEF is not that bad, but they need more playmakers on the O-side of the ball. Cotchery, Coles, and Jones just aren't that great.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I also agree that the Jets are at least two years away from seeing the playoff's.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    It wouldn't hurt to add some OFFENSIVE playmakers. I will say that their DEF is not that bad, but they need more playmakers on the O-side of the ball. Cotchery, Coles, and Jones just aren't that great.
    That is what I was saying. Where is the offense?? Jones is OK. Coles, not sure if he has another 1000 yard season in him. Cotchery is OK. But that's it, just OK.

If the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets open the season with Pennington as their starter, they are taking a huge step or two backwards. Let Clemens start. Let him take the bumps and bruises. Let him really get a feel instead of worrying if he plays bad, he'll get yanked. I think the Jets still feel Clemens has the tools, otherwise I think they would have gone with a QB sooner than the 5th round.

I don't want Pats fan even saying a lick about the Jets. Especially when you have no clue what is happening in Jets Camp. Have fun having one of your oldies turn and run with Keller up the seam this year, he will do the same thing Dallas Clark does to your oldmen back there.

As for TJ, did you see our O-Line last year? 2 Of them are not even in the league anymore. People said the same thing for the Jets when Mangini first arrived here "he won't win 6 games" yeah well we went into NE and beat Brady down.

He finally has his people in for his 3-4, and we have the trenches filled. No one said Leon was a #1 back, what I did say is he averaged almost 6 yards a touch out of the backfield, and I'll take that any day of the week for a change of pass back. We will take both from Miami like we do just about every year, we will take 1 of 2 from Buffalo. I won't call the NE games because its going to be hell both ways, I know a Pats fan can admit to that.

Why would we choose a QB sooner than the 5th round? After Flacco, Ryan, Henne, Brohm it was a huge fall to everyone else in the draft. We can't give up on Clemens yet after using a 2nd rounder on him 3 years ago. He is having to earn his spot, and yes if he loses out and Chad plays this season. Regardless of how we do, we will be looking to draft a QB real early next year.

It's all good though, I can't believe anyone can even say a word about the Jets, you guys must read an article a year and feel like you know where we sit.

Have fun with that back 4 of Sanders, Harrison, Hobbs and Webster. And your 40 year old Backers, your time is coming don't worry.

I don't want Pats fan even saying a lick about the Jets. Especially when you have no clue what is happening in Jets Camp. Have fun having one of your oldies turn and run with Keller up the seam this year, he will do the same thing Dallas Clark does to your oldmen back there.
    Again, boss... Not a Pats fan. I have a big clue of what is going on in all camps. Its something I pay attention to more than most. Therefore when I have pertinent info to share, it gets posted. As far as Keller goes. Haha... I wouldn't quite compare him to Dallas Clark just yet.

As for TJ, did you see our O-Line last year? 2 Of them are not even in the league anymore. People said the same thing for the Jets when Mangini first arrived here "he won't win 6 games" yeah well we went into NE and beat Brady down.
    Yeah I saw your o-line last year. Like I said, TJ is OK. Mangini is a piece of crap. He'll be fired next year. Beat Brady down??? You can't be referring to the '06 game when the Jets managed to squeak a 17-14 win in a game that Tom Brady still threw for 250 yards/

He finally has his people in for his 3-4, and we have the trenches filled. No one said Leon was a #1 back, what I did say is he averaged almost 6 yards a touch out of the backfield, and I'll take that any day of the week for a change of pass back. We will take both from Miami like we do just about every year, we will take 1 of 2 from Buffalo. I won't call the NE games because its going to be hell both ways, I know a Pats fan can admit to that.
    LaMont Jordan did the same thing as Leon Washington. If something happens to Jones and Washington has to start all the time, he'll be shit. I like him as a #2 and I like him on the return teams. I'll say you split the Buffalo games and Miami games and get swept by New England.

Why would we choose a QB sooner than the 5th round? After Flacco, Ryan, Henne, Brohm it was a huge fall to everyone else in the draft. We can't give up on Clemens yet after using a 2nd rounder on him 3 years ago. He is having to earn his spot, and yes if he loses out and Chad plays this season. Regardless of how we do, we will be looking to draft a QB real early next year.
    I never said they needed to draft a QB sooner than the 5th. I am saying that the Jets still like what Clemens has to offer which is why they didn't. If they didn't still have something for Clemens they would have made a move to get a QB earlier.

It's all good though, I can't believe anyone can even say a word about the Jets, you guys must read an article a year and feel like you know where we sit.
    Are you serious??? Seriously???

Have fun with that back 4 of Sanders, Harrison, Hobbs and Webster. And your 40 year old Backers, your time is coming don't worry.
    Pats will still own the division for the next three years. After that, Buffalo will give them fits. Miami will also creep into the picture. The Jets at best are two years out from being some kind of contention.

LaMont Jordan did not do the same thing as Leon, Curtis got every single touch in the backfield every year Jordan was there. We hated his work ethic and let him go for nothing. And once again, your lack of Jets knowledge lets you down. Even if we only win 6 games this year, or shit, we win 4 this year like last.. Mangini will not be fired.. Tangini will be together for atleast the next 2 seasons, winning or losing. We beat them 17-14 and Brady had 2 turnovers, and was sacked numerous times in the rain at home.

Thread Information