Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Louis Rams

oh and Linehan goes first...fuck the Rams, they absolutely suck donkey ballz. The Raiders may suck, but not that bad. Atleast we can show we have a run game.

Senior Member All-Star
    I'd really like to think those bad games were a due to a lack of attitude and getting Linehan finally fired. But than again it can't be any good if Bulgers gets rolled over on every pass attempt. Given his injury history that can't be healthy.

If they can't beat the wreck called SeaFrauds this week Linehan should leave on his own before it gets really ugly for.

I still remember reading the last report out of training camp where it said that Linehan practiced the victory formation on the last day of camp. What for?
    To finally protect Bulger and run down the clock so the opponent won't score on INT's and fumbles?

It's so hard to see what happened to TGSOT.

As a Rams fan I have been just sick since the beginning of last season. I was not against bringing Linehan back to start last season but they should have fired his ass after that horrible start. Even if you finish the season with him you need to fire him the day the season ended. But it seems that Georgia wanted him to stay and said so on her deathbed so the kids did not fire him when they took over. Of course they are about to fire him and I am not sure what they are waiting on.

There is more to it than that. We have drafted bad since Martz was the coach. Jackson being an exception. The O-Line sucks ass and has and they won't fucking fix it. Bulger is talented enough to get some passing yards and TDs but not with the line he has now. He has been sacked like 10 fucking times already. Give me a break.

They should have never let Bruce go.

Jackson is an ass that held out. I hate that. I don't care what anyone says. Don't hold out. Contracts can be sorted why you train and practice with the team. Jackson is not doing us a damn bit of good at the moment in part due to that hold out and of course the horrible line in front of him. I hated how Pace used to skip camp every summer and hold out.

They shoudl just clean house on a lot of levels and not just the coach and just call it a wash and see what they can do.

"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

HOTTY TODDY! Go Rebels! Eli was screwed!

EMAIL: mtr@rajahwwf.com
    AIM: MTR08

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    oh and Linehan goes first...fuck the Rams, they absolutely suck donkey ballz. The Raiders may suck, but not that bad. Atleast we can show we have a run game.
    With the Fargas injury, I am ready to see what Michael Bush can do. I even picked him up in one of my leagues!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Just shoot me know. This team is terrible.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Bulger should be a 4300 yd, 30 TD QB consistenty, and Jackson should be a 1400+ yeard, ~15 TD RB consistently. I don't need to say a word about Holt. Its absolutely sad what this utterly terrible organization is doing to these top talents.

Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Just shoot me know. This team is terrible.
    A four team fight on who the shitbag of the league is this year...

The Rams
    The Lions
    The Browns
    The Chiefs

The Raiders are close to this list...but have to say these four teams make the Raiders look like perrenial Super Bowl champions.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Bulger should be a 4300 yd, 30 TD QB consistenty, and Jackson should be a 1400+ yeard, ~15 TD RB consistently. I don't need to say a word about Holt. Its absolutely sad what this utterly terrible organization is doing to these top talents.
    For the most part I agree but the line did in fact do better yesterday and Bulger just didn't get it done at times.

The play calls on some of the run plays for Jackson were just horrible. He is big guy that needs to smash his way down the middle yet they would call plays to the outside.

Again I have to agree for the most part. There are some tools there to get the job done if they would work on fixing things.

Multiple changes need to be done on many levels. Doesn't do any good to get the top pick in the draft either when you can't draft for shit.

It is just painful to watch all this go down.

Senior Member All-Star
    NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that Marc Bulger will be benched this week for Trent Green.
    No other details are available yet, so we'll see if Bulger is healthy. If he is, this is a desperate move by a desperate team, and we doubt it will go well. Green is below league average as a starter and is unlikely to ignite this offense. Bulger signed a big contract last year, but his future with the organization is now. Fantasy owners should get the news confirmed, then feel free to drop him. Sep. 23 - 12:07 pm et
    You gotta be kidding me. This can only be a bad joke.
    Whoever made that decision should be fired asap.

Quote Originally Posted by suckerpuncher View Post
    You gotta be kidding me. This can only be a bad joke.
    Whoever made that decision should be fired asap.
    But then you have to ask yourself, what exactly has Bulger done?

The line held up better last week(granted not a lot better but better still) and Bulger didn't take advantage. He was sacked once where as he had been sacked like 10 times in two games to start the season. That being said I probably would not make this move though because honestly it has not been all his fault. There are bigger issues to deal with when it comes to this team instead of switching qbs which won't do shit for the offense.

Senior Member All-Star
    With the way the line played so far what's the Over/Under before Green gets knocked out of the game? 1 quarter?

Senior Member All-Star
    And now staring CB Fakhir Brown has been released and been replaced by Jason Craft.

Who's calling the shots there right now? Al Davis' brother?

Who's calling the shots there right now? Al Davis' brother?
    yup, Hal Davis!!

Senior Member All-Star
    Seems like it's official now. If the Rams lose Linehan loses his job according to Rotoworld.com:

SI's Peter King is reporting that coach Scott Linehan is expected to be given his "walking papers" if the Rams lose to the Bills on Sunday.
    Linehan has the Rams off to an 0-3 start and has nearly lost the faith of his entire offense. Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson, and Torry Holt have all spoken out, or at least hinted, that they're fed up with their head coach. Sep. 27 - 6:28 pm et
    Source: Associated Press
    Never thought I'd say it but I actual want the Rams to lose a game.
    Nothing against the man Scott Linehan but as coach he hit the wall quite some time ago and it's now time to go.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Sorry but its actually a little bit relieving to see others in such torment. Not that I enjoy it or anything (its not fantasy)
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Senior Member All-Star
    As expect Linehan was fired.
    But instead of making things better now Haslett is the new HC on interim basis. The way the team was outscored so far it don't fell like this was trhis smartest move. They better should have fired Haslett as well.

Nort sure if Jay-Z is now gone too but Adam Schefter last week reports Jay-Z fate is bound to Linehan's.

Chip should completely clean house in the off-season and fire Haslett, Jay-Z and Shaw and start over from scratch with better personell.

Edit:
    Just read Burwell's column on StlToday.com and found the following:
    Zygmunt will be accorded a dignified retirement at season's end, a reward for 27 years as a faithful, though far too ineffective, soldier. Shaw could also go quietly into the sunset at year's end.
    http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...B?OpenDocument
    Last edited by suckerpuncher; 09-29-2008 at 08:49 AM.

i told ya he would go before Kiffin.

Yeah they need to clean house up top as well down below. Haslett was given the interim job I think due to his previous head coaching experience. Saunders has experience but not as much.

About damn time they got rid of the coach though. He should have been let go last season. Now they need to work on other areas.

I just hope they win one game this season.

Senior Member All-Star
    Winless no more.

And how did they do it? With their defense!

Mmh, the Redskins defeated the Cowboys and the Rams defeated the Redskins. What does that mean for next weeks game against the Cowboys. The Cowboys will fall!
    Superbowl, baby.

Alright, I know not likely but a man can dream, right?

The Rams can only win 4 more games otherwise Haslett stays HC for the next year and this won't help the team long-term.
    With both Shaw and Jay-Z leaving the have the chance to finally clean house and start fresh and this should include a new HC.
    Last edited by suckerpuncher; 10-13-2008 at 03:08 AM.

Winless no more.

And how did they do it? With their defense!

Mmh, the Redskins defeated the Cowboys and the Rams defeated the Redskins. What does that mean for next weeks game against the Cowboys. The Cowboys will fall!
    Superbowl, baby.

Alright, I know not likely but a man can dream, right?

The Rams can only win 4 more games otherwise Haslett stays HC for the next year and this won't help the team long-term.
    With both Shaw and Jay-Z leaving the have the chance to finally clean house and start fresh and this should include a new HC.
    Even if the team doesn't win 6 games, Haslett will probably stick around for at least another year. And sure, you can certainly dream. Haha... Perfect let down spot for the Skins, a point in which I believe I covered in the Picks Thread. That would actually be awesome to see the Rams beat Dallas, but... Not so sure about that. Maybe if Dallas ended up winning the Arizona game. I can see this being a double digit spread again though, so I may be tempted to take the Rams two weeks in a row.

Hell I am impressed. I didn't see the game but nice to see a win though. Honestly thought they would not have a chance to win a game under Haslett for a few weeks due to the schedule. I just hope they grab a few more wins.

Senior Member All-Star
    After Haslett already got 2 out of the 6 victories he needs to becaome the HC again next year the NFL voided his contract.

Per Rotoworld:
    The NFL has voided the contract between the Rams and Jim Haslett that would have guaranteed him the job in 2009 if he won six games.
    The agreement was not in accordance with the Rooney Rule, which stipulates that a minority is interviewed for head coaching positions. The league says this is different than the Colts and Seahawks naming their head coaching successors early because those decisions happened in the offseason. This could help Haslett get a higher price from the Rams or shop his wares elsewhere if the 2008 season goes well.
    Source: CBSSports.com
    Seems like a fresh start is possible next year afterall.

Unsung Hero All-Star nyihater4life's Avatar
    Rams hire Spagnuolo to be head coach.
    Alex "Dont Call Me Alexander Anymore" Ovechkin

Senior Member All-Star
    That's a good first step.
    Now they need a great DC and Mad Mike as OC.

Maybe that would make Holt stay.

Senior Member All-Star
    OT Smith and ILB Laurinaitis. So far so good. Maybe Maualuga would have been a better choice but who knows.

Now the needs are a WR, CB and maybe a QB prospect. If they don't take a QB again in this draft it will be one of the big needs in next years draft.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Laurinaitis was a great pick IMO.

The Rams should look at Michael Johnson first thing in round 3. He would fit well in a D-line rotation.

Laurinaitis huh... I am glad he stayed in school and didn't come out last year. He will certainly help the Rams. The Jason Smith pick is a good pick, too. A little concerned about the Foster kid who had knee surgery, but in the 5th, I guess he has the speed and size to warrant that pick. Keith Null out of WEST TEXAS A&M..... Hahahahahaha........ His QB coach was Ryan Leaf. Don't even waste time or money stitching a name on a jersey for him. Hahah...

Oh.......and it is completely and utterly inexcusable for the Rams to sign Kyle Boller. He is still a piece of shit. The NFL should take the Raiders and Kyle Boller and kick both of them out of the NFL... Rex Grossman, too!

Thread Information