Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Louis Rams

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

St. Louis Rams

ST. LOUIS (AP)—The Rams released wide receiver Isaac Bruce on Thursday, cutting ties with the last player remaining from the team’s 1995 move from Los Angeles to St. Louis.
    Gus Frerotte, the backup quarterback the last two seasons, also was released. The moves came hours before the start of free agency.
    Bruce, a second-round draft pick in 1994, is among the NFL career leaders with 942 receptions for 14,109 yards and 84 touchdowns. He was released after the Rams were unsuccessful in attempts to restructure his contract.
    Frerotte, also a 14-year veteran, made three starts when starter Marc Bulger was sidelined by injury. Frerotte played in nine games overall.
    Who gives a f*ck about Frerotte, but I am shocked at Bruce. I thought they'd keep him around until he called it quits.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    they also appear to be one of 3 in the Faneca sweeps.. along with NYJ and SF

Senior Member All-Star
    Linehan, Shaw and Jay-Z should rot in hell for cutting Bruce and letting him go to the Whiners.

But after all the cuts including DE Hall they had enough cap space to give Brown the highest contract ever for a kicker.
    Per se the move to sing Brown and weaken a divison rival is a good one but the price is ridiculus. They could have saved about $12 mio by signing Lovell who had a great camp last year.

And there are much bigger needs on the team even after Wilkins retired.

Quote Originally Posted by suckerpuncher View Post
    Linehan, Shaw and Jay-Z should rot in hell for cutting Bruce and letting him go to the Whiners.

But after all the cuts including DE Hall they had enough cap space to give Brown the highest contract ever for a kicker.
    Per se the move to sing Brown and weaken a divison rival is a good one but the price is ridiculus. They could have saved about $12 mio by signing Lovell who had a great camp last year.

And there are much bigger needs on the team even after Wilkins retired.
    Puncher.... Dude you had me crying with this post... The huge rant on the dismissal of Bruce, which I completely agree with, then the saviour signing... a kicker! Wow man.... Awesome. Hahaha... But while, they may have "weakened" the Seattle SeaFrauds, they strengthened the San Francisco 49ers by cutting Bruce and having him sign there.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Senior Member All-Star
    After I thought the FO somehow turned around with the signing of LG Bell and to some extend even TE Becht they now signed QB Green.

If they were looking for someone even more fragile behind that line than Bulger they really found their guy.

Even if they now draft a QB which is really a must now who then gets Green as mentor for Saunders offense they still have no #2 QB on th roster in case Bulger goes down again.
    Green is one hit away from a wheel chair, if he gets lucky.

Looks like another NFC West title for the SeaFrauds I guess.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    They should really be thinking about drafting OT Jake Long to help protect these guys.

Bulger is actually a pretty tough dude, so that shows you how weak the line is when he gets crushed game in and game out. I don't mind the Green signing so much as a number two. If they brought him in as starter, forget it. Two steps backwards there. I am actually gonna be surprised if Green makes it to the season and doesn't pack it in. There was talk about him hanging it up, wonder if that is still the word.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Louis Post Dispatch
    Contract negotiations between the Rams and rookie DE Chris Long, the No. 2 overall pick in this year's draft, are going well and both sides hope to have an agreement by the start of training camp next week. Rams executive Jay Zygmunt has met with agent Marvin Demoff twice now and they could meet again as soon as this afternoon. "We remain very optimistic that we're going to be able to get everything worked out and that Chris will be in camp on time," Zygmunt said. "Marvin expressed how important that is to Chris, and we expressed how important it is to the Rams."
    Not sure how high the Rams defense is on anyone's radar, but hopefully they get this done before camp.

Senior Member All-Star
    All deals except Avery's are done.
    And Kreider got signed as FB

Damn Wroten got a 1-year suspension which hurts the DT once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Associated Press

St. Louis Rams RB Steven Jackson missed his fourth day of camp today. He is keeping in touch, though with HC Scott Linehan. Linehan hasn't spoken with Jackson since Wednesday. Instead, he's been text-messaging Jackson. Several teammates also have been in contact, including backup running back Antonio Pittman, who's been getting the bulk of Jackson's carries. Pittman said he's spoken with Jackson, while staying out of the impasse.
    Tight end Randy McMichael said he's checked in several times with Jackson.

"He misses it, don't think he doesn't miss this because I know he does," McMichael said. "But this is the business part of the game. He's not the first person to do it and he's not going to be the last person to do it. It's just part of the game."

Coach Scott Linehan said he had "no idea" where Jackson is during the holdout.

The coach also said Jay Zygmunt, the team's president of football operations, again reported no progress.

"We talk about it all the time, and there's really nothing new to add," Linehan said.
    The Rams have to cave on their stance to not negotiate until he shows up... You heard me say it before though... The player needs to do his job and let his agent(s) do his.

Senior Member All-Star
    I concur, KK. It's bad if someone who's still under contract just refuses to work. Even though he's underpaid right now.

But he has to be there by August, 8th, otherwise he'd really hurt himself. So I assume he just tries to show off a bit right now.
    And finally a good decision by the FO (there aren't many of those) to refuse negotiations until he reports to camp.

Quote Originally Posted by AP

Running back Steven Jackson continued to holdout. Jackson missed all of training camp while seeking a new contract. He was not at Rams Park on Friday either, as the team works to bring him to practice.
    Coach Scott Linehan met with President of Football Operations Jay Zygmunt on Thursday. Linehan said progress is being made, though the extent of that progress is unclear.

"I know they have had some talks," Linehan said. "I know it's moving along. Whatever that means, it sounds positive to me."
    New rule: Hold outs = cut immediately plus NFL suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    New rule: Hold outs = cut immediately plus NFL suspension.
    yeah, i'd like to see the Player's Union go for that one!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    yeah, i'd like to see the Player's Union go for that one!!
    F*ck the players union. Cut them too.

So... you tell me (saying you had a job), that if you thought you were amongst the companies top employees yet your paycheck wasn't reflecting it, and you "held out" that you wouldn't get fired??? Its called no call, no show. Unexcusable absence. Immediate cause for termination. I don't give a f*ck. I am tired of all these players signing their deals, then when they think they are a little better than when they signed the deal, they feel its OK to sit out. F*ck them.

As I agree that players should hold up their end of a contract, you CAN NOT compare a football team to a normal company. The guy sitting in cubicle #34 isn't bringing in the company millions upon millions upon millions of dollars by showing up to work every day. He may be doing a great job and making the company some money, but not what NFL players are making for their teams. It's a lot easier to replace Joe Schmoe than it is a SJax or Brian Westbrook. I'm not saying holding out is the right thing to do, but don't compare the two.

AND.......some players do very much OUTPLAY their current contracts, i.e. Brian Westbrook. He's one the best RB in the game and is 85% of his team's offense. He wasn't getting paid nearly what other top RB are getting paid.

As I agree that players should hold up their end of a contract, you CAN NOT compare a football team to a normal company. The guy sitting in cubicle #34 isn't bringing in the company millions upon millions upon millions of dollars by showing up to work every day. He may be doing a great job and making the company some money, but not what NFL players are making for their teams. It's a lot easier to replace Joe Schmoe than it is a SJax or Brian Westbrook. I'm not saying holding out is the right thing to do, but don't compare the two.

AND.......some players do very much OUTPLAY their current contracts, i.e. Brian Westbrook. He's one the best RB in the game and is 85% of his team's offense. He wasn't getting paid nearly what other top RB are getting paid.
    I don't doubt that some players outplay their contracts. I get that... But being a prick and holding out is a jack ass thing to do. Westbrook did the right thing. He showed up and let his agents work out the deal. The players need to hold up their end of the contract and let their agents do their end. If I was a GM/OWNER of ANY team and a player held out, I would even begin to consider renegotiating shit with him, except perhaps which toilets he'll be cleaning out of the 3rd string practice locker room.

That all said... A little more on Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Louis Dispatch
    Despite rumblings over the weekend that there might be some movement on the Steven Jackson front, sources familiar with the negotiations, or lack thereof, say there was no dialogue between the St. Louis Rams and Jackson's agent save for a brief phone call Friday between the parties. So the holdout continues. For the first time, Rams coach Scott Linehan conceded Sunday that time is of the essence in getting Jackson ready for the season opener Sept. 7 in Philadelphia. "It is getting critical to where time now becomes more of an issue for just the physical part of getting ready for the opener," Linehan said. "Every day we miss now does start to factor in as to what the workload will be from the start."
    Jackson owners should be concerned.

Banned Third Liner
    As a die hard Rams fan, FUCK STEVEN JACKSON! In fact. MOTHA FUCK STEPHEN JACKSON!!

Senior Member All-Star
    Maybe it's not all about the money. Maybe he wants the Rams to cover for his colonoscopies.

But he should finally show up, once again fire his agent and hope the new one knows what he does. It's getting annoying.

Senior Member All-Star
    Finally.

Steven Jackson has decided to end his holdout and will report to the Rams on Wednesday evening.
    He will resume practicing on Friday. The sides have not agreed to a new contract, but Jackson is confident enough an agreement will be reached to report to the team. He has 18 days to get up to speed with the offense, which is plenty in our opinion. Jackson's fines for missing camp totaled $408,132.
    Good sign that the FO didn't gave in. NOW it's time to make a deal.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Thank you, I need him in one of KK's league's, was alittle worried he might now play this season at all.

Senior Member First Liner rico3994's Avatar
    F*ck the players union. Cut them too.

So... you tell me (saying you had a job), that if you thought you were amongst the companies top employees yet your paycheck wasn't reflecting it, and you "held out" that you wouldn't get fired??? Its called no call, no show. Unexcusable absence. Immediate cause for termination. I don't give a f*ck. I am tired of all these players signing their deals, then when they think they are a little better than when they signed the deal, they feel its OK to sit out. F*ck them.
    You can't compare a normal worker and someone who gets paid to take 20 hits a game. RBs only have so many good years on them and if they don't make their money now, they are only a broken leg away from having their contracts terminated by the team. If the team can cut (and not pay) whoever they like, how can you be against the players trying to get paid while they can?

Remember LJ holding out last year...he knew that 400 carries a year isn't exactly the best thing for a long career. Do you think he would have been offered the same deal this summer after he was hurt as what he signed when he renegotiated his contract?

$$$ Football League

St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson is ending his holdout and will be at the team's facility this evening. He is expected to be at practice tomorrow. Jackson does not have a contract yet, but sources on both sides are confident a deal will be reached soon. His total fines for missing camp are $408,132 at a $15,116 per day clip. Team president Jay Zygmunt had previously said the team would not negotiate with Jackson until he was in camp.
    Its about time... Glad to see Jackson cave and not the team.

Its about time... Glad to see Jackson cave and not the team.
    I think both kind of caved in. I think the Rams pretty much said to Jackson and his people, "show up in camp and you will get your damn money" when they realized he actually would sit out for a very extended period of time. I just don't think they believed he would until now.

Either way, good to have him back there.

While the dotted line has yet to be signed, Rams RB Steven Jackson has agreed in principle to a contract extension and it should be finalized later today. Jackson was on the practice field with his teammates this morning. Terms of the contract are currently unknown but it is believed to be similar in numbers to the seven-year, $50 million offer the Rams sent Jackson back in July. Sources familiar with the negotiations said the holdout was due to how the dollars would be structured in the final contract. When you're talking about this kind of money, there's going to be some kind of gripes and concerns," Jackson said. "In negotiations, no one gets 100 percent what they want, so it was just the two of us coming to an agreement on some things."
    Glad that this is over. Now let's see what Jackson can handle mentally and physically. Too often we see guys blow a hamstring trying to come back too fast.

Senior Member All-Star
    Such an unmotivated bunch of crap. They absolutely play against Linehan so get his ass out of there. He hs brought anything to the team in the last 2 year.

And now with Bennett out the move of cutting Bruce looks even more stupid than t orignally looked. And that says something.

This is to another Top 3 pick.

Edit: Eddie Kennison, for real?
    Last edited by suckerpuncher; 09-09-2008 at 05:50 PM.

how about that catch by Holt!!!

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    how about that catch by Holt!!!

was getting worried after last weeks numbers...

Senior Member All-Star
    Asked Monday about the team's 0-2 start, Rams owner Chip Rosenbloom said: "Things will get better, and if they don't changes will be made."
    Coach Scott Linehan is likely on pretty thin ice at this point. "Obviously, the game of football is about winning," Rosenbloom said. "The level of play is not acceptable to me or anybody in the organization." Offensive coordinator Al Saunders, who along with defensive coordinator Jim Haslett would seemingly be the top candidates to replace Linehan, called the team "a fragile group" and suggested that "we've got to stay the course."
    Source: ESPN.com
    Will they finally do that move? It's about time.

KK, who'll last longer? Linehan or Kiffin?

Quote Originally Posted by suckerpuncher View Post
    Will they finally do that move? It's about time.

KK, who'll last longer? Linehan or Kiffin?
    Linehan.... but only by a week or two.

Oakland is going to get whomped by Buffalo and that is the end of Kiffin. Seattle will beat up St. Louis, I would say that it would be a back and forth game like the Seahawks/49ers this past week, but the Rams are somehow really just bad. Something is not clicking, and I don't understand. They have a good line up front, Bulger is healthy, they have a run game, their pass game should be good still. The defense should be the weak part, but even they are better than last season. St. Louis ownership will let Linehan slide until week 4, when coincidentally Buffalo rolls into town and ends up costing Linehan his job too!

The Raiders could beat Buffalo 49-0 and Grandpa Al is still going to think about firing him. I don't think it's the right move to fire the guy, but either do it already or STFU and let the man do his job.

Thread Information