Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaEagles.com
    PhiladelphiaEagles.com is reporting Cornelius Ingram, who has been on the field these first two days of practice at Lehigh University, provides goosebump moments. He is a man at 6 feet 4, 245 pounds. He runs well, and is so big and physical that you can imagine the things the Eagles might be able to do with him. "I know that this is just the beginning. I feel great and I think I'm going to have a lot of opportunities to get better," said Ingram, a fifth-round pick from Florida who missed all of last season with the Gators after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in practice. "My goal is to keep improving every single day and if I do that, I'll be where I want to be."
    This is a spot on the Eagles team that I like. The Eagles used to use the TE spot a lot, when they had Chad Lewis. Since Lewis, they haven't had a decent TE. Ingram is big and will create mis-matches everytime because he is too fast for LBs to cover and too big for safeties to cover.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    This is a spot on the Eagles team that I like. The Eagles used to use the TE spot a lot, when they had Chad Lewis. Since Lewis, they haven't had a decent TE. Ingram is big and will create mis-matches everytime because he is too fast for LBs to cover and too big for safeties to cover.
    ...and this is out of the question now since Ingram is out for the season.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

[quote-Burlington County Times]Reuben Frank, of The Burlington County Times, reports Philadelphia Eagles RB Brian Westbrook (ankle) remained out of practice Saturday, Aug. 8. [/quote]

If you have Westbrook, be sure you get McCoy.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Is it morally wrong for me encourage and hope for injury upon an NFL player for the benefit of my own fantasy football teams?

...and this is out of the question now since Ingram is out for the season.
    He is? Man.... I love Ingram man, get healthy again big guy

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Is it morally wrong for me encourage and hope for injury upon an NFL player for the benefit of my own fantasy football teams?
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Thankfully, I've read of no moral/ethics code so far....

If there is, looks like I'll be joining you in fantasy sports hell. (DIE Pierre Thomas!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post

If there is, looks like I'll be joining you in fantasy sports hell. (DIE Pierre Thomas!!!)
    Hahaha....I've drafted Pierre Thomas in most of my leagues this year for the same reason...Bush will go down!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Mr.Headache to own Brian Westbrook bust his ankle or break a femur or something. You know, nothing too tragic or life threatening.. just enough damage to keep him from moving around for a while -- say 16-20 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Hahaha....I've drafted Pierre Thomas in most of my leagues this year for the same reason...Bush will go down!!
    Nobody likes a dream killer

Senior Member All-Star
    If you have Westbrook, be sure you get McCoy.
    Heh, no kidding. But the problem is that Westbrook rarely actually misses a game. He'll miss one, maybe two a year, but at least 1/3 of his games he's "questionable" with some injury. But then he'll blow up for like 35 points. And the next week that he's "questionable" he'll score 6 points. Even when Tom Brady is listed on the injury report every week you know he's going to produce. Westbrook is the most annoyingly inconsistent fantasy player of all-time

You know, nothing too tragic or life threatening.. just enough damage to keep him from moving around for a while -- say 16-20 weeks?
    You're in medicine, I'm sure you can come up with something very plausible

Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    Heh, no kidding. But the problem is that Westbrook rarely actually misses a game. He'll miss one, maybe two a year, but at least 1/3 of his games he's "questionable" with some injury. But then he'll blow up for like 35 points. And the next week that he's "questionable" he'll score 6 points. Even when Tom Brady is listed on the injury report every week you know he's going to produce. Westbrook is the most annoyingly inconsistent fantasy player of all-time
    Which is exactly why I traded his stupid ass away this season. He is SO solid when healthy and firing on all cylinders but he is such a headache to own. I just got so sick and tired of that BS. He'd be questionable up until game time, sounded as if he'd sit, so I would sit him and slate one of my back up RB into my starting line up.. seemed like the safer option. Then low and behold at the last minute Westbrook would play and blow up with a huge game. So I'd be like okay, cool, and play him the following week, only to see him do jack shit the entire game. Fucking jag off!

Senior Member First Liner rico3994's Avatar
    I just got so sick and tired of that BS. He'd be questionable up until game time, sounded as if he'd sit, so I would sit him and slate one of my back up RB into my starting line up.. seemed like the safer option. Then low and behold at the last minute Westbrook would play and blow up with a huge game. So I'd be like okay, cool, and play him the following week, only to see him do jack shit the entire game. Fucking jag off!
    So then you went out and drafted McCoy, now when you see Westbrook as questionable you can start the backup and watch Westbook go for 200 yards and 2 TDs while McCoy gets 25 yards on 6 carries

$$$ Football League

Quote Originally Posted by rico3994 View Post
    So then you went out and drafted McCoy, now when you see Westbrook as questionable you can start the backup and watch Westbook go for 200 yards and 2 TDs while McCoy gets 25 yards on 6 carries
    Well to be honest that wasn't my initial plan but he was the best available rookie RB (imo) by the time my first round pick came around so I went with it! I've got 3 other RB that I plan on slating in as starters this season so I was def. thinking young and future. Though I do believe he will hold some real decent value this season. The Eagles will want to keep Westbrook as healthy and fresh as possible down the stretch and so I def. think McCoy will cut into his numbers and take away some touches. 30/31 years old, 2 off season surgeries and an already aching ankle for Westbrook is not a headache I cared to burden any longer. lol.

Start stocking up on that aspirin

Though I must admit -- with my fantasy luck, Brian Westbrook will have a monster season this year and stay 100% healthy. That was a possibility I was and am still more than willing to accept
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 08-13-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Vick to the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    vick to the eagles.
    wow!!!

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    As an Eagles fan i understand the move from a performance stand point and this probably does improve the team. But damn i fucking hate Vick and wish they hadn't signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by boredguy View Post
    As an Eagles fan i understand the move from a performance stand point and this probably does improve the team. But damn i fucking hate Vick and wish they hadn't signed him.
    I just wonder what kind of football shape this guy is in. he relies on his speed and i'm wondering if all this time off if he has lost that speed.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    I just wonder what kind of football shape this guy is in. he relies on his speed and i'm wondering if all this time off if he has lost that speed.
    Not where I expected him to end up either. McNabb is clearly QB of this team. Right now. Off the bat - where does Vick fit in?

Senior Member First Liner rico3994's Avatar
    Not where I expected him to end up either. McNabb is clearly QB of this team. Right now. Off the bat - where does Vick fit in?
    Ya its a bit weird to see him go there. They already have dynamic pieces everywhere in that lineup...McNabb can pass and run, Westbrook can run and catch, Jackson is all over the place and they have another 3 or 4 possible WRs.
    Does anyone think he is just there to be a backup QB - I think hes going to line up as a WR or even have 2 QBs in some sets.

$$$ Football League

Quote Originally Posted by rico3994 View Post
    Ya its a bit weird to see him go there. They already have dynamic pieces everywhere in that lineup...McNabb can pass and run, Westbrook can run and catch, Jackson is all over the place and they have another 3 or 4 possible WRs.
    Does anyone think he is just there to be a backup QB - I think hes going to line up as a WR or even have 2 QBs in some sets.
    I am SHOCKED at this move...

But let me make some corrections here... McNabb, really can't pass and doesn't run anymore. He may be the guy for now, but his days were numbered. They didn't give him an extension, they just reworked the $$$. Westbrook can run and catch, sure...but he is fragile now. Jackson will be all over the place.

Interesting to say the least...

Holy crap!

It's a great thing that they have an established #1. Vick can sit, get practice reps and get back in shape. Then Andy Reid (Offensive Guru) will be able to install him as a gadget man, in an offense that helps QB's.

Was a damn good move on their part, IMO.

I guess I need a new team to root for in the NFC East.

Washington or Dallas, no freaking way their owners are wackjobs. It has to be the Giants by default.

Yeah I gotta agree about using Vick in gadget plays and getting him involved in the offense right away.. but how do people think this move relates to McNabb and his long term future with the Eagles ? If at all.. ?

Yeah I gotta agree about using Vick in gadget plays and getting him involved in the offense right away.. but how do people think this move relates to McNabb and his long term future with the Eagles ? If at all.. ?
    Well I don't think McNabb should care considering they already drafted his replacement in Kolb, so they said. I don't think Vick is the future QB of the Eagles, just a short-term addition to the team.

This certainly makes my bet that I made the day he went to jail that he'll take a regular season NFL snap again look like a lock.

Outside of the wildcat and barring a McNabb injury...will he really get much PT?

Quote Originally Posted by Scout.com
    Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports on his Twitter feed that Eagles RB Brian Westbrook and QB Michael Vick will play in the team's third preseason game on Thursday, August 27.
    ...and subsequently Westbrook goes down... (HAHAHAH) wouldn't have been shocked if that did happen. Still selling Westbrook and letting others take on that headache and would much more like McCoy on my team. But good to see him back in action.
    Last edited by King_Killah; 08-29-2009 at 06:00 PM.

...and subsequently Westbrook goes down... (HAHAHAH) wouldn't have been shocked if that did happen. Still selling Westbrook and letting others take on that headache and would much more like McCoy on my team. But good to see him back in action.

He's def. past his prime and on the decline (so to speak) but I bet Westbrook stays healthy and has a monster year this season! I mean.. that's usually what happens when I trade a guy like him away.

He's def. past his prime and on the decline (so to speak) but I bet Westbrook stays healthy and has a monster year this season! I mean.. that's usually what happens when I trade a guy like him away.
    Yeah, I hear ya... The key to Westbrook staying healthy and having a monster year is for Andy Reid and Philly to not rely on Westbrook to produce 75%-80% of the offense. I do think some of that has been taken off his shoulders with DeSean Jackson. I also think that McCoy will benefit as well... Give some of the carries to LeSean...builds McCoy's game, keeps West's legs healthy. And we still don't know the full aspect of what Vick's role will be.

Thread Information