Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I don't get this... Reggie Brown is booty... Not a #1 receiver. Baskett is booty. DeSean Jackson... we'll have to see. The Eagles receiving unit it weak at best.
    Remember, Reid is not a fan of WR for some reason. He has always said he's happy with what he has, which is why they won't ever win a SB. The closest they got was the year they actually brought in a REAL WR in T.O., but I guess that didn't prove to Reid that having a #1 WR can actually HELP your team.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Jackson sure had a nice td run offa kick off against NE this weekend...

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaEagles.com

Most teams prefer to go with a bigger, more physical receiver at the split end, the "X" receiver. The split end lines up on the ball and will face considerably more press coverage than the flanker. Kevin Curtis is the Eagles' starter there, and it's where Terrell Owens excelled in 2004.
    With Curtis out, Hank Baskett is the team's best fit, Mornhinweg said.

"Hank's a big, physical guy, and he plays all over the place," he said. "He's a really smart guy, but his main spot is that split end."
    Well... ugh...
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by Courier Post
    Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Kevin Curtis, coach Andy Reid and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg weren't willing to speculate on when Curtis would be available again after undergoing a sports hernia surgery, but they're taking a conservative approach. That might be because of the debacle tight end L.J. Smith's 2007 season became because of a sports hernia. Curtis said he talked to Smith as well as quarterback Donovan McNabb and cornerback Sheldon Brown, both former sports hernia victims, and came to the conclusion he'll have to find his own way back. "Each injury is different. They're not all the exact same, and there's different time frames," Curtis said.
    Although I wouldn't consider him a #1 receiver like the Eagles do, it is a big blow to the Eagles receiving game. What it does though is open the door for DeSean Jackson to prove himself as NFL worthy a little faster. Andy Reid typically doesn't use rookies, especially receivers right off the bat, but Jackson is going to get his shot. He has critics and I think he has the ability to silence those critics. I just hope he doesn't get overshadowed by the likes of Hank Baskett, Jason Avant, Greg Lewis, or even Reggie Brown for that matter.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Eagles rookie WR DeSean Jackson was held out of Thursday's game against the Jets.

It's an indication of how valuable he's become to the Eagles immediate plans. Coach Andy Reid said he can't remember ever holding out a healthy rookie in the final preseason game.
    Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    just wanted to know what you thought of mcnabb today killah

especially that 90 yarder to baskett!! lol j/k i agree baskett isnt a great option but again i think mcnabb will be huge this season i started him week 1 and am very happy i did!!

also after following desean jackson the last few years around here @ CAL it was awesome to see him not only get a chance today but to see him play awesome, he had the big catch on the first drive that led to a td and had a few other big catches and had a few decent punt returns over 200 total yards in his first nfl game!!

Sorry I haven't gotten to this sooner, been hectic busy, then Internet issues when Verizon chopped up Comcast lines when they were installing new Fios lines. I'll answer this by section.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30 View Post
    just wanted to know what you thought of mcnabb today killah
    I thought McNabb had a good game. But this goes back to what I have said about having a good receiver. DeSean Jackson is no Terrell Owens, but is certainly better than any of the junk receivers they have in Philly. Also, McNabb's game was more a part of the Rams just not showing up. No pressure whatsoever on McNabb. Any QB who has 3, 5, 12 seconds to get rid of the ball will have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30
    especially that 90 yarder to baskett!! lol j/k i agree baskett isnt a great option but again i think mcnabb will be huge this season i started him week 1 and am very happy i did!!
    Hank Baskett. Hahahaha.... Get out of here. The 90 yard play was more Baskett than McNabb, but if you are starting Baskett, your team is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30
    also after following desean jackson the last few years around here @ CAL it was awesome to see him not only get a chance today but to see him play awesome, he had the big catch on the first drive that led to a td and had a few other big catches and had a few decent punt returns over 200 total yards in his first nfl game!!
    DeSean Jackson had a great game and will have a nice season, career. I like the kid. I was shocked that Philly actually drafted him. His major contribution will immediately be on the return game. 2000% improvement over Reno Mahe and that other crap they had back there. His speed and hands will give McNabb a target that he needs. Jackson has the ability to make plays out of nothing.

All that said... If you actually watched the Eagles/Rams game. For as bad as the Rams played, there were multiple passes from McNabb that soared 15 feet over the receivers head or fell 5 yards short of the receiver. Jackson made a couple of those errant throws into completions. McNabb is still not a great QB. He just has a better weapon that will help now.

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    well first no i would never start baskett in any league it was a joke lol and that 90 yard td should have only been a 30 something yard catch whoever that ram was in the secondary should of made the tackle.......anyways on to the monday night game mcnabb played great imo. i didnt start him this week, went with cutler so that worked nicely but yeah mcnabb had a great game it was a shame they couldnt pull out the W, the mcnabb/westbrook fumble whatever play that was or was going to be cost them big, they had the lead with the chance to make it a 2 score game but they let it slip away.

also desean played another awesome game, yeah he had that long catch that should of been a td but oh well he still played great and is turning into a huge weapon in the offense. i loved him at Cal but even i didnt expect him to have a game like this let alone 2 this early in his career awesome to watch him play.

Rotisserie Fantasy Addict All-Star PMStick's Avatar
    Westbrook goes down tonight...anyone see it? Leg/knee injury...how bad?

HOCKEY 10-Team Yahoo Roto 1-Man Keeper (2 Rounds Before Draft Spot)
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW...W, GAA, SV, SV%

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PMStick View Post
    Westbrook goes down tonight...anyone see it? Leg/knee injury...how bad?
    \

yes and it was an ankle... check the forums.

Ankle injury....they really didn't talk about it much here in the Philly area, but the way he landed I would be surprised if he isn't out 4 weeks or more.

Back-up RB, Tony Hunt also got hurt....his hit looks like it could be extensive.

McNabb also hurt, but came back... Good chance that he is out next week, MRI scheduled for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaEagles.comDave Spadaro, of PhiladelphiaEagles.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles TE [URL="http://www.footballguys.com/IngrCo00-1.php"
    Cornelius Ingram[/url] (knee) suffered a left knee contusion during practice Wednesday, May 27, but is expected to be fine.
    Certainly a banged up Ingram with one knee is better than LJ Smith!!! Didn't Ingram miss the entire '08 season with the Gators?? Dawinna can confirm or deny that one. The Eagles can only hope he stays healthy. I am not a fan of Celek or Schobel.

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia Inquirer

Jeff McLane, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb was asked about the possibility of having his contract reworked.
    McNabb said that it "will take care of itself."

McNabb has two years left on a seven-year extension he signed in 2002. He is slated to earn $9.2 million this season and $10 million next, but the money is not guaranteed. On Tuesday, Comcast SportsNet reported that the Eagles and McNabb were working on restructuring the final two years of the deal, perhaps guaranteeing some of the money, if not extending the deal

Eagles president Joe Banner has declined to discuss McNabb's situation specifically. Banner has said the team will look at renegotiating some deals in special situations.
    Good for McNabb to be quiet while the deal is done. Not a fan of McNabb, but I hate the bitches that whine and cry about their deals and don't do what they are supposed to do even though they still have time and money on their contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN.com
    Matt Mosley, of ESPN.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles RB LeSean McCoy could be the quarterback in the team's Wildcat offense this season.
    Another team adding the Wild Cat...

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Douchenhaus
    Drew Rosenhaus, on his twitter feed, reports that Eagles second round pick RB LeSean McCoy has signed a four-year contract. He is the first second round pick to sign.
    Good for Philly fans and potential owners. McCoy will be in camp from the beginning and be prepared to compete with Lorenzo Booker for snaps that Westbrook can't take while he recovers from surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Inquirer
    Reuben Frank, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports that Eagles TE Brent Celek says he is lighter and stronger than last year. Frank also writes that Celek had the third highest catch total in a single postseason of any tight end in the history of the league.
    Certainly better than LJ Smith... But I am not sure I would waste much time or thought on him, unless you are stuck drafting a TE late.

Certainly better than LJ Smith... But I am not sure I would waste much time or thought on him, unless you are stuck drafting a TE late.
    Whats the news on my man Ingram? How is his knee coming along? He has much more talent than Celek.

GM in the Making All-Star keys2aFranchise's Avatar
    RIP Jim Johnson

One of the best dc's to coach the game!
    Rip jim

Wow, shitty...RIP

(and glad I passed on the Philly DEF this year!)

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Wow, shitty...RIP

(and glad I passed on the Philly DEF this year!)
    RIP JJ.

And passing the Philly's D? They will have a fire under their ass this year, to play for JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    RIP JJ.

And passing the Philly's D? They will have a fire under their ass this year, to play for JJ.
    One would like to believe that...but I think this defense is in trouble... I am not seeing this defense excel under Sean McDermott. I don't think they will be a bad defense, I am not sure that they will be a great defense though. This defense used to be able to win games, now McNabb is going to have to get something done, and we all know how I feel about him!

That said...... RIP Jim Johnson. I firmly believe he was the best defensive coordinator the NFL has seen in some time.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Meant to post something a few days ago but announcing his replacement couldn't be seen as a good sign of his health.

RIP, JJ.

That said...... RIP Jim Johnson. I firmly believe he was the best defensive coordinator the NFL has seen in some time.
    He has to be up there when you think of DC's that were able to come up with great schemes.

One would like to believe that...but I think this defense is in trouble... I am not seeing this defense excel under Sean McDermott. I don't think they will be a bad defense, I am not sure that they will be a great defense though. This defense used to be able to win games, now McNabb is going to have to get something done, and we all know how I feel about him!

Lebeau is better I think...but not by a lot

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Lebeau is better I think...but not by a lot
    I don't really see how you could qualify or quantify that but we'll save that for another thread.

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I don't really see how you could qualify or quantify that but we'll save that for another thread.
    That could be said about a lot (perhaps majority) of "greatest of all time" arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyis#1 View Post
    That could be said about a lot (perhaps majority) of "greatest of all time" arguments.
    I won't disagree with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia Inquirer
    Reports are showing that Westbrook looks to be on the positive track forward. He was on the field performing drills with a soccer ball.
    At this point, I am leary of Westbrook and think he is more of a headache unless you can get LeSean McCoy as well. I think there are more options out there for where Westbrook would be picked without the worry of whether he is fragile or not.

At this point, I am leary of Westbrook and think he is more of a headache unless you can get LeSean McCoy as well. I think there are more options out there for where Westbrook would be picked without the worry of whether he is fragile or not.
    It's a shame because Westbrook is one of the best when healthy. The guy can do it all.

Thread Information